• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon 'ruined' by evolution.

Ivy

Johto filler
Reaction score
Couldn't find a thread for this exactly.
Which pokémon have evolutions that you really dislike? Something different perhaps from the common aversion to Rhyperior, Electivire, Magnezone and that profiterole Lickitung involves into.

Note: I do mean design-wise, so don't chuck your statistics at me.

Rhyperior

Seriously?

Teddiursa and Wooper, the two cutest pokemon ever. There evos are not as cute. Or even cool.

Rhyperior

Seriously?

Teddiursa and Wooper, the two cutest pokemon ever. There evos are not as cute. Or even cool.

Quagsires have a cute 'imadoofus' look D:

Anyways, Magmortar, tangrowth, lickilicki , mamoswine , electivire

couple others that I forget D:

Hey guys, the OP said...

Something different perhaps from the common aversion to Rhyperior, Electivire, Magnezone and that profiterole Lickitung involves into.

Last edited:
Man, and the OP even said:

Something different perhaps from the common aversion to Rhyperior, Electivire, Magnezone and that profiterole Lickitung involves into.

So, you know what? Glaceon. For a group as diverse as the Eevee are, Glaceon is the plainest and worst-looking of them all.

The only Pokemon that I think truly "ruined" its pre-evolution in an objective sense was Masquerain since, well, a unique Bug/Water typing was traded in for ANOTHER Bug/Flying Pokemon.

Oh, I also kind of don't like Ampharos as an evolution either, even though I'm fine with the Pokemon itself. It's just I don't know why they evolved it into some weird-dragon thing when a ram would've been tight!

Also, never got the hate for Lickylicky. It's adorable and it's exactly what I'd expect Lickitung to evolve into.

I really like Glaceon, too. It's my favorite Eeveelution.

Leafeon... meh.

Magmortar, Rhyperior and Magnezone, of course, but to avoid me saying what the OP said not to post, I also think Probopass, Mismagius and Ambipom look much worse than their pre-evolved forms in my opinion. Battling wise, all of them are pretty good. I'd collect them all up and use them in my team if they didn't have such weird-ass designs.

Aw, but I like Glaceon. Leafeon though... ugh.
Leafeon's the ideal look, at the very least. I'm not crazy about its tail, but it showcases just how wildly adaptable Eevee is. Glaceon looks like a water-type with no defining features.

And you should know better than to make a post with just a quote in it. -_-

Scyther, though I like Scizor (And use it), it ruined its 'rivalry' with Pinsir, leaving Pinsir a forgotten and never used Pokémon.

(I like Rhyperior and Lickylicky D: They're cute! And Magnezone is just awesome. And the others are okay, imo.)

I don't like Ariados. Spinarak is okay, despite my dislike for spiders, but Ariados? *shudder*
And Jumpluff. It's just so ugly, compared to it's prevolutions.
And I'm not fond of Hitmontop either

And you should know better than to make a post with just a quote in it. -_-

Well, okay yeah. But would it have made any real difference if I had thrown, "Hey guys, the OP said" then quote?

Anyways, I also have to say Dragonite. Not only does it not look anything like its prevos, it also looks like Barney.

While I hate the line in general, Monferno looks so much better than Infernape in my opinion.

Ambipom, by far. It went from having a gloved hand at the end of its tail to having udders. It looks awful and I want to kill it.

Blastoise: I like the cannons, but I don't like the fact that the tail—which is a prominent feature of Squirtle and Wartortle—just disappears.

Glalie: What. The fuck.

All new generation IV evolutions for older Pokémon (hey, that's not only the ones "banned" in the first post), apart from Froslass. I like Electivire stats and moveset-wise, though.

Back
Top Bottom