• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon 'ruined' by evolution.

Vigoroth into Slaking. How can a hyperactive Pokemon such as Vigoroth go back into the lazy state Slakoth was?

I wish squirtle stayed cute... And bidoof shouldn't have turned into a nerd as bibarel

Probopass, that thing is ugly as hell. Also, Purugly definitely lives up to it's name. Other ones are Togekiss, Tangrowth, Magnezone,Drapion, and Bastiodon. Wow Gen 4 created some ugly pokemon.

I was surprised at how long it took to mention Purugly, that thing's horrible. I really like Electivire, can't say the same about Magmortar, though.

Gliscor is the bomb.

Don't hate on Lickilicky you guys, he's cool.

But Chinchou was so frickin cute and adorable, Lanturn was... bleh.
Golduck's pretty strange looking too.

tangrowth, it's just a larger version of tangela. And don't hate on Mamoswine, he rocks.

Lickylicky dosnt have the best design, but I can deal with it.
Now one Pokemon I cannot stand is Probopass.
That pathetic excuse for a Pokemon is incredibly ugly. Honestly who wants a Pokemon looking like that?
All the other evos are okay to me. Even Rhyperior who everyone seems to hate.

Lickylicky dosnt have the best design, but I can deal with it.
Now one Pokemon I cannot stand is Probopass.
That pathetic excuse for a Pokemon is incredibly ugly. Honestly who wants a Pokemon looking like that?
All the other evos are okay to me. Even Rhyperior who everyone seems to hate.

Agreed I can deal with Ryperior but I cannot stand Probopass. Probopass looks like they're trying to incorporate Mario into every Nintendo game out there

Agreed I can deal with Ryperior but I cannot stand Probopass. Probopass looks like they're trying to incorporate Mario into every Nintendo game out there

=o I heard that Starly's cry slowed down resembles the Mario tune. Iv'e never checked... Anyways yes Probopass does look like Mario.

Oh another one that's kinda ruined it's line is Abomasnow. It looks wierd. Well they could have been more creative with the design.

I don't like how Remoraid evolves into Octillery.

I hated Porygon2, because its just the Porygon model smooth shaded, but Porygon-Z at least was some kind of effort more than going into Maya and hitting "3"

Golem, design-wise, i don't understand why it lost two of its arms

Huntail, I understand the whole cute or scary evolution choice thing but still, design wise, they made it too, bright color wise to be scary and it just looks silly,

Rypherior disappoints me. Ryhdon was an old fave of mine but now it is inferior to this thing that looks like a red headed George Washington, haha. Not really ruined, though, just personal preference.

well i don't like Mismagius. i get that it's a witch but Misdrevous didn't really need to evolve.

At this point, tons. Everyone's listed some of the big ones. A common trait for a lot of these choices seems to be an evolution introduced at a later point.

Trying to think of a couple. Ninetales' design was a put off. I really liked that sandy red of Vulpix. And while I praise the creativity behind Ninjask and Shedinja, the fact that we lost a Bug/Ground dual type was a bit of a stinker.

So, you know what? Glaceon. For a group as diverse as the Eevee are, Glaceon is the plainest and worst-looking of them all.

*is clearly having an extremely hard time NOT strangling Luna*

Ignore that, it's the fanboy in me. Not many have made the connection, but Glaceon's design seems to be inspired by Mia from Nintendo's other great first-party RPG series, Golden Sun.

Take a look - Mia and Glaceon

yes I'm a Mia fanboy what of it

As for this thread's query, the only one I'd really say was ruined by evolution would have to be Lickilicky. It's just too derp. Also Rhyperior looks meh.

Lickylicky, whoever Tangela evolves to, Rhyperior, and the Electabuzz and Magmar evolutions have terrible, terrible designs.

A few more for the heck of it.

Forretress,I wish Pineco had evolved into something else, it's rather cute in an odd sort of way, but Forretress just bothers me.

I'll also say Gible's evolved forms. It's a nice first stage but then it ends up being what looks like a weird mutant land Sharpedo, I just feel they could have thought of better.

Linoone is also a disappointment, It was cool to have a racoon since it was different but then what happens? Zigzagoon evolves and turns into another ferret. Also Furret is a much better looking ferret than Linoone in my opinion.

This is a very minor complain but it bothers me anyway, Toxicroak is a very cool evolution, but that big fin/spike(?) on it's head has always annoyed me. What is the point of having a huge spike on it's head? It seems so random.

Back
Top Bottom