• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What are you doing in Preparation for BW?

Comments in bold.

I thought I posted in this thread, but I guess not.
Since there are 23 days till the US release her is what I am doing.

1. -Preorder both games and strategy guide and fully pay them off with Trade-ins. Just preordered the games two days ago, but I still need the strategy guide. And that's a good idea to pay it off in trade-ins. I should really do that- I have too many games already.
  2. -Replay Diamond
  3. -Replay Platinum
  4. -Possibly Replay Soul Silver
  5. -Watch Zoroark Movie
  6. -Watch Black and White Anime
  7. -Organizing boxes and delete HM moves of Pokemon I plan to transfer I'm actually going to start right after this is posted.
  8. -Rewatch Arceus Movie
  9. -Use MvC3 and Dead Space 2 to distract from wait. You're distracting yourself with MvC3 too? :D
  10. -Watch a Walkthrough and try not to be too spoiled. I've watched plenty of walkthroughs and they just got me even more excited for the game, so don't worry too much about that.
  11. -School and Gym The hardest part...
  12. -Get Shiny Suicune
  13. -Get Shiny Raikou
  14. -Get Shiny Entei
  15. -Get Ash's Pikachu
  16. -Get Celebii
  17. -Finally Pick up games and play for hours and hours and hours...

Someone just make it March already.. I share your pain. We all do. Well, exept for most of the guys who already imported theirs from Japan.

Now to delete those HM moves...

Comments in bold.

-Just preordered the games two days ago, but I still need the strategy guide. And that's a good idea to pay it off in trade-ins. I should really do that- I have too many games already.
-You're distracting yourself with MvC3 too? :D
-I've watched plenty of walkthroughs and they just got me even more excited for the game, so don't worry too much about that.
-Finally Pick up games and play for hours and hours and hours...
-I share your pain. We all do. Well, except for most of the guys who already imported theirs from Japan.

Now to delete those HM moves...

-Yeah, I Traded in a bunch of stuff and paid them off fully and had 20 bucks left over I just threw on Ocarina of Time for 3DS randomly. If you preordered at gamestop they have a promotion going on that gives you and extra 25% for anything you trade in towards Black and White.
- Yup. Can't wait. :)
-Yeah. I'm watching one now, Pokemon Journey HD. Pretty awesome.
- and hours and hours... I'm just gonna take breaks and keep my DSi plugged in. When I got Soul Silver I had to do that cause my DSi kept dying out.
-I was going to do that but I really would rather know what is going on. I can't read Japanese sadly.

Now back to deleting HM moves

constantly checking for whether a celebi event is coming to australia, so i can finally get that elusive bugger and send it to white

Your Thoughts...

As the day that will change Pokemon forever comes closer. What do you think? Are you counting down the days? Its less than a month and I'm absoutlutely excited. What about you?

Re: Your Thoughts...

I'm excited as well, once I get the game, i'm gonna get my victini, zorua, and zoroark as soon as possible

Re: Your Thoughts...

I am highly anticapating these games. I've been playing on Pokemon Online to test out my in-game team, and so far it seems to be good. My dream team so far is Emboar, Golurk, Corracosta, Scrafty, Galvuntula, and Reuniclus. (I'm getting Reuniclus from my brother, who is getting White.)

But yeah, I am so excited about getting Pokemon Black. March 6th can't come here soon enough! :D

I have set up my Dream Team for getting through Unova, including planning out when and where they will most likely evolve, who I will switch out as I get farther in the game, and how each of their movesets will progress. Especially Reuniclus, for who I have a complete guide to how I want to train it specifically.

On the Gen. IV games, I have been compiling all the Pokémon I will transfer over, including shinies, Pokémon from Guardian Signs, and Pokémon unavailable in Unova whose Dream World abilities kind of suck.

In my spare time, I have created preferred movesets for every single fully-evolved Pokémon based on the moves it can feasibly have in Generation V. From this, I've determined which Pokémon I will need to have for egg moves, and which ones will require the Gen. IV move tutor.

Oh, and I also created a personal calculator that shows the possible range of stats for a Pokémon with a given level with given EV spread and nature.

Yes, I am a little obsessive. In all fairness, these projects have been spread over the past 6 months or so, and I was really bored this summer.

Plan My Team in White
Rewatch Best Wishes Episodes up to BW018, in the two week break
Watch, The Ruler of Illusions Zoroark
Read all of the new Pokémon's Bulbapedia Pages

Catch all the Legendaries in HG (missing Lugia)
Get Crown Raikou
Get Crown Entei

Get Crown Suicune
Pre-Order my White
Finish my Ruby Rerun (currently 7 badges and Playing as a type)
Inform myself in the BW PokéSpe Chapters
My LeafGreen Rerun (after my Ruby one)
Prepare my Pokés for Pokéshifting

Nothing too new for me.

Still doin' lots of breeding on Platinum for both Platinum itself and SS. Gonna start on Diamond pokemon too. Completed the nat'l dex on it like a year ago, restarting it now :)

Just cought Articuno in SS, so I have all currently released legendaries 'cept Kyogre and the Rayquaza it unlocks, and the lvl 1 Dialga. But I got enough natural and cloned legendaries. I am trying to get my hands on a shiny Entei, as I did miss that event though (I collect these event pokemon now. Quite addicting, really)

I should probably have my pic taken with all the gym leaders in SS, as I've yet to complete that. And get my Feraligatr to lvl 100 finally (spent 30 minutes after the launch resetting for an adamant one. He's my best bud <3)

Biggest problem I forsee:
Gen V pokemon natures. I'm a bit OCD 'bout 'em I guess. While I'm not to big with IV breeding yet, natures and pokerus are a must with me. And I won't be able to catch, breed, trade at lvl 1 and reset, as I'm only getting White version. So I have to decide between either spending most of my time trying for the right nature straight from the grass patch and ignoring the storyline each time I'm looking for my next team member, or catching the species and breeding halfway-through, basically starting over mid-story without the wealth of trainer battles to fight. There won't ever be enough lucky eggs on my copy of White version xP

And I already got my team set up:
Daikenki, Zuruzukin, Reuniclus, Galvantula, Haxorus and Braviary. Awesome ^^

Edit: Forgot one thing. WHERE'S MY DARNED CELEBI EVENT FOR SS AND WHITE?

Let's see...So far, I've made a list of all the Pokemon that I have in my 4th Gen games that I plan on sending over to Unova. About half of it is Starters and Legendaries from the last four generations, and the other half is my collection of shinies, as well as the eight or so Pokemon that I've actually bothered to IV breed, EV train, and/or raise to Lv100. Then there're a couple of others that'll just be useful in general, like my Flawless IV Ditto, and my Pokerus infected Pichu.

My next step is to find new cloning and renaming AR codes for Platinum (Had to get a new AR since my old one wasn't compatible with my DSi XL.) so I can make copies of my event Celebi and Crown Beast Trio and give them actual names before I send them over.

I'm trying to complete my pokedex in Soul Silver....I'm close but I don't think I'll make it in time. I'll probably continue playing Soul Silver even after I get Pokemon White just so I can complete the pokedex fully.

Right now I'm trying to get an Espeon, and then I'll have all the eevee family.

As for what pokemon I'm going to send over to Pokemon White from Soul Silver....mostly my strong pokemon that I've grown attached to...but also maybe if I'm having trouble getting a pokemon from the dream world I'll just emigrate them to Pokemon White.

Last edited:
Sorting out a BL team! The only Gen IV tier I haven't assembled a team for... so it'll have to be unstoppable!!!

I've also planned out the Pokemon I plan on catching and training! But, so has the majority of the rest of the gaming fandom... So it's really nothing special...

Might write a fanfic... maybe...

I've been playing my SoulSilver game preparing for not only for the pokeshifter, but also for the celebi event. My plan is to defeat the elite four, Level up my pokemon,(At least to fifty, some will be low leveled so I can train them in Unova), Get the celebi event to face Giovani and also to get Zoura, Delete any Hms on pokemon, and then teach pokemon moves from tutors. That is a lot to do before March 6 but I'm making it work.

I have been studying some of the new Pokemon. I already have an idea on what Pokemon I will use.

Well right now I'm finishing up the story on Leafgreen.
Getting rid of some unwanted pokemon here.
Counting down the days till celebi hits gamestop.
Counting down the days till release.
Waiting to get my gfs ds back from nintendo (the screen went out, and we can't have that.)
Working so I can pay off the game/ds repair/collectors guide

Pretty much all just wait for everything...

Well right now I'm finishing up the story on Leafgreen. - Just gotta catch mewtwo and beat the elite 4 again
Getting rid of some unwanted pokemon here. - Still trying..
Counting down the days till celebi hits gamestop. - Got it, might pick up the other one in a day or two
Counting down the days till release. - 12.5ish days, 13 probably till I get to play it
Waiting to get my gfs ds back from nintendo (the screen went out, and we can't have that.) - Still waiting... Nintendo repair is slow... no updates even...
Working so I can pay off the game/ds repair/collectors guide - Have the money for the repair ready, have half the games paid off, and the guide shouldn't be too hard.

Pretty much all just wait for everything...

Still waiting... at least I have a celebi to hold me over, and a fight with Giovanni.

I'm going to get the celebi, do the time travel event, and then transfer to Black to get zorua. Also I preordered it.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom