• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What are you doing in Preparation for BW?

Right now I'm going to try to get the Gamestop Celebi sometime this week or when I pick up White. I already have my Pokemon ready to transfer on Pt and HG.

-Finishing up a replay of Ruby, since I wanted to replay it before BW comes out. (7 badges, trying to catch Groudon now)
Breed all of the non-Gen V starters in Diamond so I can Pokeshift them over.
-Assemble other random Pokemon to Pokeshift.
-Transfer some Pokemon that have been rotting on my Ranch for Arceus knows how long and Pokeshift those.
-Getting Wi-fi so I won't be left out of the good stuff like I was for the majority of 4th gen. (I had a crap connection that only worked for like... 9 months at the MOST after 4th gen came out, so I missed out on A LOT of Wi-fi events and other things.) Only, this time it's a lot more worse, since I'll miss out on the DREAM WORLD if I don't get it working.
-Finishing/working on school projects because I know I won't be motivated to even think about school once BW come out.
-Ramble about it non-stop to nag people into getting it so I won't play alone.
-Possibly make fanart or a fanfic about saying good-bye to 4th gen. Not a necessity, though.

Preparing Pokeshift Pokemon, also checking out new Pokes to build a Gen. V team.

I thought I posted in this thread, but I guess not.
Since there are 23 days till the US release her is what I am doing.

1. -Preorder both games and strategy guide and fully pay them off with Trade-ins.
  2. -Replay Diamond
  3. -Replay Platinum
  4. -Replay Heart Gold- In Progress
  5. -Watch Zoroark Movie
  6. -Watch Black and White Anime- Watched first episode, will watch others
  7. -Organizing boxes and delete HM moves of Pokemon I plan to transfer Need to remove items too
  8. -Rewatch Arceus Movie
  9. -Use MvC3 and Dead Space 2 to distract from wait. - In Progress
  10. -Watch a Walkthrough and try not to be too spoiled. - In progress
  11. -School and Gym - In Progress
  12. -Get Shiny Suicune
  13. -Get Shiny Raikou
  14. -Get Shiny Entei
  15. -Get Ash's Pikachu
  16. -Get Celebii
  17. -Finally Pick up games and play for hours

Someone just make it March 6th already..
Updated my List.

Unfortunately, I can't get any event Pokemon like the Shiny Beasts or Gamestop Celebi to prepare me. No Wi-Fi and no Gamestop.

I'm trying to get an adamant beldum for a very very dear friend of mine..as for me..nope, I'm not that prepared,i wanna start fresh with it

Already have my final team completely decided on, including movesets, natures, etc. For my play through I'm going to go retro style and use the pokes as I catch them, so my original team is probably gonna suck XD I'm sleeping at a friend's house and going half an hour early to Gamestop so I can beat the little kids out of my way!!! (jk) That sunday is pretty much going to consist of non-stop poke action, and this will probably carry over to every available moment I have for the next few weeks.

Re-playing Platinum.
Looking for wallet so I can buy White.
Trying to figure out a way to actually get to the store and buy White.
Listening to B/W music on youtube.

Last edited:
Im playing the hell out of Platinum and Soul silver, and deleting the HM's off of my pokemon. Im curious though, can the pokemon that move over to B&W, can they hold items?

I have decided to train my dark types a tad more. They are powerful, but not powerful enough. Houndoom is only at level 85. Ghastly.

oh i also bred all the baby pokemon shiny and plan on evolving them to their final stages especially the nasty ones that take moon stones so i dont have as much stone evo trouble when i move them to the game, ill probably try to get all the stone evo ones to their final stage before transferring cause im getting white and wont be able to buy stones like i hear you can in black

Trying to pwn the final boss in KH:Re:coded so that I get that out of the way before the release in three days.(I preordered back in January.)

1. Charging DS battery for Gamestop event on release date
2. Playing Emerald just cuz
3. Pre ordering tomorrow for wall cling bonus
4. Deciding if I should just abanden my starter since I don't like any of them.
5. Planning a balanced team to fill the void if I do ditch my starter.

1. Charging DS battery for Gamestop event on release date
2. Playing Emerald just cuz
3. Pre ordering tomorrow for wall cling bonus
4. Deciding if I should just abanden my starter since I don't like any of them.
5. Planning a balanced team to fill the void if I do ditch my starter.

lol if you ditch your starter i want it :) if we want to strike a deal id like either snivy or tepig from you :D

Not really doing much. I'm trying to keep up with my grades. I have a buttloads of tests next week. I have a lot of studying to do. I have an essay to write. I have homework to do. But I'm not doing any of that because I'm chatting away on Bulbagarden forums. Go figure!

Still excited though. Unfortunately, I accidentally shipped my order to my house, and not my dorm, so I have to wait until the 11th to play it. That's not too long though. One less reason to procrastinate. xD

Well right now I'm finishing up the story on Leafgreen. More or less finished it up
Getting rid of some unwanted pokemon here. - Got rid of some, the rest just might rot on platinum
Counting down the days till celebi hits gamestop. Got 'em!
Counting down the days till release. - something like 2 and a half..
Waiting to get my gfs ds back from nintendo (the screen went out, and we can't have that.)
Working so I can pay off the game/ds repair/collectors guide - Still working.. paid off the repair, and the games, and the money is in the account for the guide.

Pretty much all just wait for everything...

2 more days pretty much.. I'm ready

Just adding a few more numbers to my Pokédex in Diamond/SoulSilver. 6 more days...

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom