• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GTS Negotiation

Normal GTS or GTS Negotiations?

• Normal GTS

Votes: 27 26.0%
  • GTS Negotiations

Votes: 26 25.0%
  • Both

Votes: 39 37.5%
  • None - I don't use the GTS

Votes: 12 11.5%

• Total voters
I have mixed feelings about negotiations. I can offer good stuff like Absol, Eevee, Metagross, Mamoswine, Bred Starters and still get sad faced. It's like these motherfuckers are never satisfied.

I did get an Emboar and Breloom from there though.

I have mixed feelings about negotiations. I can offer good stuff like Absol, Eevee, Metagross, Mamoswine, Bred Starters and still get sad faced. It's like these motherfuckers are never satisfied.

I hear that. Some guy traded me what is most likely a hacked shiny Regigigas (though I can't prove it). I wasn't going to take it, but I decided it would make good trade fodder in the future. After that trade, I started offering up all sorts of rare stuff for his other shinies- Cryogonal, Tynamo, Metagross, female Vulpix and Poliwag (with their Dream World abilities no less!), you name it, he rejected it. Finally, I used my Unown "keyboard" to spell out "WHAT DO YOU WANT?!". He disconnected in response.

Anyone ever got any eggs over the GTS negotiations? Some guy traded me one, it hatched into a Mudkip. I have several eggs that I offer for trade- most of them are Vulpix that may or may not have Drought, one is a Poliwag that may or may not have Swift Swim, and the remaining one is a Stunfisk with Curse.

With a mustache.

^^^

the person who gave me a (possibly hacked) Metagross offered me their female Serperior. i almost took it but the Metagross had me salivating too much since i already had a Servine who wants to evolve. He went gaga over a newly caught Throh though, for some reason. ah well :p

mixed feelings galore!

I must have bad luck. All I get are people who just sad face anything I offer them. If it isn't a legendary, a starter, Zorua or Zoroark I can just forget about trading. That's all these people seem to want.

This is ass. I'm going to start mass breeding the starters I have.

I keep trying to get people to trade me a shelmet for a karrablast. I offer up karrablast, then show shelmet and hit the "!" button repeatedly. No one seems to get what I'm hinting at. They just show me all their totally kewl legendaries.:eek:hdear:

I DON'T WANT YOUR SHINY LEVEL 100 SUPERGOD OR WHATEVER. I JUST WANT TO EVOLVE SOMETHING.

I keep getting trolled by people who show me shiny starters in Master Balls...I mean, if you are cheating make it subtle!
Shiny Zekrom and Reshiram doesn't help either. How can you be proud of something like that? :/
People who clearly have rare stuff like breedable Pokémon that aren't in BW offering stuff like Sandile for rare Pokémon are getting on my nerves too. I usually show them my Platinum's shiny Magnezone just to piss them off for being dicks afterwards. :p

Trading random eggs with people is a lot of fun though. Many people just won't trade eggs with me ( btw, my eggs usually contain all the starters, pseudo-legendaries or Pokémon which aren't available in BW), but people who traded with me gave me Chimchar eggs or stuff like Ramoth's preevo.
It's always thrilling to hatch an egg without knowing what's inside.

EDIT: Oh! another funny story! I couldn't get that blue fighting thing ( Karadonis, couldn't be bothered which its strange US name... o_O) in my white version for some reason ( other than being terribly unlucky I guess), so I just showed them my red fighting thingie (Jiutesto) while showing them random BLUE Pokémon like Metang or Marill afterwards. It took a few minutes of showing a bunch of BLUE Pokémon until he finally got what I wanted. But it was pretty funny. ^^

I got a lv 77 Bisharp for one of my Groudons that I cloned in Emerald. The next person I tried to trade with kept showing me their lv 91 shiny Spinda and wouldn't trade with me. I say it's a good program, but it needs a revamp to get rid of the limited communications, so i can tell the person, "JUST TRADE ALREADY!!" lolz

I must have bad luck. All I get are people who just sad face anything I offer them. If it isn't a legendary, a starter, Zorua or Zoroark I can just forget about trading. That's all these people seem to want.

This is ass. I'm going to start mass breeding the starters I have.

This feature is really great... when it works. Probably 70% of the times I've used it so far, people only show rare shinies or obvious hacks, and repeatedly spam the sad face. Sure, I only have semi-rares at this point, but seriously!
When it does work, though, it really is brilliant. The interaction is good [there could be a few more emoticons]; you get a feel for completely different individuals. In one good trade, I got a Bonsly, Beldum, and Mandibuzz.

I just got a Japanese Ditto, so I think I'll try for a shiny Zorua, and in the process get a few boxes to trade away! Hopefully that will result in less sad face spammage! :)

This feature is really great... when it works. Probably 70% of the times I've used it so far, people only show rare shinies or obvious hacks, and repeatedly spam the sad face. Sure, I only have semi-rares at this point, but seriously!
When it does work, though, it really is brilliant. The interaction is good [there could be a few more emoticons]; you get a feel for completely different individuals. In one good trade, I got a Bonsly, Beldum, and Mandibuzz.

I just got a Japanese Ditto, so I think I'll try for a shiny Zorua, and in the process get a few boxes to trade away! Hopefully that will result in less sad face spammage! :)

i think they should add a "?" for when what the other trader is doing just dumbfounds you or when you're in a sense asking what they want. spamming "!" a zillion times doesn't really get the point across easily.

I've just had people spamming the sad face. So I spam them back with the heart xD

OH! and i just thought of something, i've noticed alot of ppl hit the :) when they 1st meet as a greeting, inserting a "BYE" or a waving hand would be nice as a way of ending off a trade. i feel kinda bad "just dropping out" without a proper adios :(

I keep getting sad faces all the time so I haven't done any trades yet.

OH! and i just thought of something, i've noticed alot of ppl hit the :) when they 1st meet as a greeting, inserting a "BYE" or a waving hand would be nice as a way of ending off a trade. i feel kinda bad "just dropping out" without a proper adios :(

Wow, that's very nice of you.:) If I ever do a trade on GTS Negotiation I hope it's with you.:-D

I keep getting sad faces all the time so I haven't done any trades yet.

Wow, that's very nice of you.:) If I ever do a trade on GTS Negotiation I hope it's with you.:-D

thank you :D i like to make trading a pleasant experience, even when we find that we have no pokemon we desire from one another lol

I just got a Lv.6 Shiny Pidove for an Eevee. ^^
Most of the people who trade are complete idiots but you can always find someone who wants to trade some rare Pokemon, too.

From people who've tried this....is it at all useful?

Or is it like the normal gts and people are always asking for legendaries for normal pokemon?

it all depends onb who you get stuck trading with.

A "bye" smilie is a great idea. I always feel bad after disconnecting with someone I actually made a good trade with.

I keep trying to get people to trade me a shelmet for a karrablast. I offer up karrablast, then show shelmet and hit the "!" button repeatedly. No one seems to get what I'm hinting at. They just show me all their totally kewl legendaries.:eek:hdear:

I DON'T WANT YOUR SHINY LEVEL 100 SUPERGOD OR WHATEVER. I JUST WANT TO EVOLVE SOMETHING.

Just use the GTS offer. I put up my Shelmet, came back 5 minutes later to a Escavalier.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom