• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Post-Unova Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it were the other way around, with Hilbert/Hilda needing to be found and N returning to Unova, then why are they making such a big deal about how N is missing and nobody knows where he is? To me, that implies that we need to search for N in the new region at some point.

Now that I think about it, why does Looker mention that N is in a faraway region if "nobody knows where he is?" Did they conveniently forget that Looker said this, or is this not canon anymore?

The dragon can fly around, so they could definitely change location often, especially over two years. N could be gallavanting around new places after how/ where he spent most of his life.

That might make sense, but it was Hilbert/Hilda whom Looker told about N being in a faraway region. So that's one person who knows N that has a general idea of where he might be.
Except Looker didn't mention the region by name and he only suspected that N was there. If he never contacted Hilbert/Hilda again, they would only be able to speculate like us. Also, "nobody knows where he is" could just be in reference to Team Plasma; if Hilbert/Hilda has that information, they'll be wise to keep it a secret. For that matter, I wouldn't be surprised if Anthea and Concordia turned out to have known N's whereabouts all along, but they didn't even want to tell the sages as they'd rather protect N than get him involved again.

El_ said:
It would be Hilda/Hilbert in the second region, and them being the ones we have to locate in order to stop Ghetsis from having Kyurem absorb their Dragon.
That would require making someone else be the Unova Champion. Also, would we even see the second Forme that way? Would Kyurem switch its Forme after interacting with N's dragon, switch it again after finding the second dragon, be defeated, and then switch its Forme once more? It would make more sense if Kyurem found Hilbert/Hilda's dragon first but ultimately had to relinquish its energy, leading to the story with N that would culminate in Kyurem being caught as the "proper" Forme.

I still don't see a compelling reason to believe that N will return to Unova before the second region becomes relevant. Is it the fact that N and Ghetsis have already been showcased (quite briefly) while Hilbert/Hilda has not? I think that's because Game Freak know that most people are more interested in those characters, and more importantly because they want to tease how Kyurem is going to turn into the version mascot rather than its counterpart. It's just marketing.

Last edited:
I think we will have to go and search for N, otherwise Coro Coro stating N is missing and Looker's statement in B/W about him being in a faraway region are pretty pointless if he just returns. Also, it'd be odd having him go back and forth between Unova & the new region. It's all confusing really, as they still could go in another direction if they wish.

Actually, I think it's quite likely that N will simply show up when his time in the story comes up. I think it would be fun to search for him, and that they should set it up so that we have to, but I can very easily see him simply showing up at a dramatic, climactic point in the story. They can come up with all sorts of reasons, ranging from very believable to very cheesy, for N to return to Unova instead of having to be searched out in the second region.

I think Looker had to say that N was seen in a faraway region in the last game, because if he'd simply said that he couldn't be found, it would seem like he was just hiding somewhere in Unova. His saying that doesn't necessarily mean that he knows where he is, and GF can totally ignore the comment if they really want to. No, it doesn't make sense in the continuity if they do choose to ignore it, but they can still do it if they want.

Basically, my point is that main series Pokemon games are not known for their gripping story lines. BW are the first games to have a significantly deeper story going on, and even then it's not THAT much deeper of a story line. I would definitely not be surprised if they turn around with these games and fall back on cliches (such as the "Hero", N, returning at just the right point to save the day) to tell their story.

N heard that Kyurem has gone wild and decieded to come back! isn't it that way!?

His saying that doesn't necessarily mean that he knows where he is, and GF can totally ignore the comment if they really want to. No, it doesn't make sense in the continuity if they do choose to ignore it, but they can still do it if they want.
But is there any reason to assume they want to ignore that reference? Especially since last month's scoop referred to N's whereabouts as a mystery.

I'm just confused as to why several people in this thread, who do expect to see another region, think that N is going to return to Unova first. I think it's a stretch to say that the trailer hints at that possibility. All we know is that N and Ghetsis will have their encounter at some point in the story.

Eneci said:
N heard that Kyurem has gone wild and decieded to come back! isn't it that way!?
It might be, but the trailer doesn't really suggest that. N didn't say that he had to return to Unova to find Ghetsis.

Last edited:
Actually, I think it's quite likely that N will simply show up when his time in the story comes up. I think it would be fun to search for him, and that they should set it up so that we have to, but I can very easily see him simply showing up at a dramatic, climactic point in the story. They can come up with all sorts of reasons, ranging from very believable to very cheesy, for N to return to Unova instead of having to be searched out in the second region.

I think Looker had to say that N was seen in a faraway region in the last game, because if he'd simply said that he couldn't be found, it would seem like he was just hiding somewhere in Unova. His saying that doesn't necessarily mean that he knows where he is, and GF can totally ignore the comment if they really want to. No, it doesn't make sense in the continuity if they do choose to ignore it, but they can still do it if they want.

My guess is that the other region is for a future generation so they can write N into it and showcase a little more of his character development between BW and BW2. Just like how they have excuses to cameo Cynthia in every main series game.

My guess is that the other region is for a future generation so they can write N into it and showcase a little more of his character development between BW and BW2. Just like how they have excuses to cameo Cynthia in every main series game.
Cynthia's cameos didn't require withholding information about her development. Her appearances have a natural progression to them and there aren't any griping questions about what happened to her in between. When Cynthia mentioned the Original One in Platinum's ending (not knowing Arceus' name), she was actually foreshadowing a future event (the Sinjoh Ruins one) that happened in the games that followed Platinum just a year later. What you're suggesting is that Looker's reference foreshadowed a future generation rather than the sequels in which N is most likely a prominent character. It's a rather awkward assumption to make, especially since we know that N is still missing at least as of the beginning of B2W2.

Could N appear in a future generation? Yes, but I would think his cameo would be more interesting if it weren't just sandwiched between previously seen events.

Last edited:
That would require making someone else be the Unova Champion. Also, would we even see the second Forme that way? Would Kyurem switch its Forme after interacting with N's dragon, switch it again after finding the second dragon, be defeated, and then switch its Forme once more? It would make more sense if Kyurem found Hilbert/Hilda's dragon first but ultimately had to relinquish its energy, leading to the story with N that would culminate in Kyurem being caught as the "proper" Forme.

I still don't see a compelling reason to believe that N will return to Unova before the second region becomes relevant. Is it the fact that N and Ghetsis have already been showcased (quite briefly) while Hilbert/Hilda has not? I think that's because Game Freak know that most people are more interested in those characters, and more importantly because they want to tease how Kyurem is going to turn into the version mascot rather than its counterpart. It's just marketing.

I would imagine that Akuroma is the Champion in this scenario. You do have a point about both formes being seen, it really depends on when the encounter with Ghetsis happens which I don't know yet. Ghetsis being with Kyurem really makes me think that is when the fusion, or absorption happens, and that event might be akin to the one in Dragon Spiral Tower when the antagonist acquires their Dragon and flies off with it.

Perhaps an event with Hilda/Hilbert is how we will see the other forme, since they have the other Dragon.

Basically, my point is that main series Pokemon games are not known for their gripping story lines. BW are the first games to have a significantly deeper story going on, and even then it's not THAT much deeper of a story line. I would definitely not be surprised if they turn around with these games and fall back on cliches (such as the "Hero", N, returning at just the right point to save the day) to tell their story.

I don't think that N will save the day even if he comes back to Unova. Going by the trailer, he will obviously fail so Kyurem can obtain its new forme. As for the story, going by the animated trailer I think that it will be just as story oriented as its predecessor BW.

I'm imagining that once Ghetsis acquires BW Kyurem after defeating N, the story will shift to stopping him just like it did in BW with N once he flies off somewhere with it (second region). Assuming of course that Kyurem doesn't just turn on Ghetsis after acquiring its energy that is.

I have a feeling that Kyurem is obeying Ghetsis only because it wants to absorb the energy of Zekrom/Reshiram. I think once it absorbs the energy from N's dragon, there's a chance it might not have a reason to obey Ghetsis anymore, and it may just go off on its own in its new forme.

I predict that the scene in the trailer with Ghetsis happens before the scene with the Shadow Triad in the frozen city. Ghetsis and Kyurem freeze the city as part of a takeover plan.

Hmmm it seems Achroma is indeed with Neo-Plasma. Searching for a friend sounds interesting, and I doubt he's searching for Ghetsis as Silktree guessed. I believe that both Old and New Plasma are searching for N, each for their own goal. Personally, at this point its far too confusing to say what's gonna happen, but they're eventually gonna find him. I'm also gonna outright say those medals are a huge hint to a second region, as only the first page has roughly 15 of them, and judging by the silder, its only a tiny fraction of them. No way would they fit what would be several hundred of them in Unova alone.

Searching for a friend sounds interesting, and I doubt he's searching for Ghetsis as Silktree guessed. I believe that both Old and New Plasma are searching for N, each for their own goal.
The animated trailer proves that Akuroma doesn't share N's philosophy. Why would he refer to him as a friend? I believe that Akuroma's agenda in Unova is to capture Kyurem for Ghetsis, who I still believe is lying low in the other region.

I'm also gonna outright say those medals are a huge hint to a second region, as only the first page has roughly 15 of them, and judging by the silder, its only a tiny fraction of them. No way would they fit what would be several hundred of them in Unova alone.
That's interesting. I hope these medals are more than a gimmick; I'll try to get a translation of what the person that hands out the medal is saying. Likewise for Akuroma's quote.

I'm not too sure there is going to be that many medals, it would depend on the resolution of the slider (how much it moves when you move it). It doesn't automatically mean there's too many more of them. That said, I certainly wouldn't count this as a negative sign.

I'm not too sure there is going to be that many medals, it would depend on the resolution of the slider (how much it moves when you move it). It doesn't automatically mean there's too many more of them.
I'd say it is safe to expect at least two more pages, meaning a total of at least 45 medals, which is a significant number in itself.

A boat is shown on the trailer, and judging by the map it's the boat from homika's city. It dosen't seem to look like the boat from the animated trailer.
just wanted to point that out.

I'd say it is safe to expect at least two more pages, meaning a total of at least 45 medals, which is a significant number in itself.

True, I would doubt it would be less than that. That being said, I just thought Mitchman's estimate of hundreds, because unless they are very trivial, I don't see why they would bother to have that many of them.

But as you said, 45 is more than enough in it's own right. Up that to 60, and you certainly have a lot.

Here are the translated quotes courtesy of @Purellian:
"Ultra-perfect, yeah? Then have a new medal!"
"I was asked by an acquaintance to help research [...]"

As usual, the trailers leave a lot to be desired in terms of providing a context. But it seems obvious to me that Ghetsis is Akuroma's acquaintance and that he asked him to research Kyurem and its hidden potential.

A boat is shown on the trailer, and judging by the map it's the boat from homika's city. It dosen't seem to look like the boat from the animated trailer.
just wanted to point that out.
Yes; it is obviously a different boat. The people who think that the city from the animated trailer is somehow Tachiwaki should bear that in mind; I really don't see any reason to suspect that.

H-con said:
But as you said, 45 is more than enough in it's own right. Up that to 60, and you certainly have a lot.
A total of 60 medals evenly distributed between the two regions would be ideal. I certainly hope that there is a purpose to them as opposed to being an arbitrary requirement for the Trainer Card (HGSS' Shiny Leaf feature comes to mind).

what are these metals you guys are talking about?
They were spotted in the newest trailer. A man hands out a medal to the player (at 2:05 in the video), which leads to a screen where 15 medals are displayed. Since the screen has a slider, there must be more of those medals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom