• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Post-Unova Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible the dragons may have some sort of origin in this new region?
The original dragon was born in the Dragonspiral Tower, so the Tao trio's origin is the land of Unova (at a time when it wasn't really a region). But the people who built the Dragonspiral Tower may have moved somewhere else. For all we know, Kyurem hasn't stayed in Unova for its entire life, either.

Are the residents of Isshu descendants of this region's natives?
I think that it would be nicely symbolic if the two civilizations switched places, as it were. The twin heroes established Unova as a kingdom and presumably brought their people with them, whereas Unova's original civilization left either by will or by force. Rather than moving to an adjacent region, the twin heroes might have proposed to those people that they go to their home region.

Did residents of one of the Poke-Japan regions come from/go to this region?
Possibly. We know of civilizations in Johto, Sinnoh and Hoenn that moved around the Japan-based regions; the Ruins of Alph and Spear Pillar civilizations even lived together in the Sinjoh Ruins. I would not be surprised to see relics associated with the myths of the older regions.

While I like the Medieval theme, I'm expecting a contination of the world/American aspects BW initiated. A Native American or 'Old West' theme might be plausible alternatives.
But you should bear in mind that Looker said N had been spotted in a faraway region, and the final sequence in the credits showed N flying east. That does not necessarily mean that he was flying to a different continent, but I'd say that's more probable than seeing another region in North America.

Well, lets say that the twin heroes are English.
Let's also say that the native people of Isshu are similar to Native Americans.
Should that be the case, Isshu's natives may have been forced out and the new region is more-or-less a "voluntary" Indian reserve.
I think that there will be a nod to real-life history, as Unova already alludes to the American Revolution (the twin heroes uniting people of different nations) and even the Civil War (the twin heroes' war over principles that was continued by their sons). But the analogy is loose and will most likely remain that way.

Last edited:
b2w22.png

Oh, this looks pretty...interesting. Not sure what to make of it. It looks like it could be pretty high up, though.

So far, there isn't anything on the map that I'm aware of that resembles those buildings. At the very least this confirms two new cities when paired with the one in the animated trailer.

I've seen people say that the location is Opelucid City, but I don't find that to be a reasonable assumption at all. Opelucid's buildings only somewhat look like the ones in the screenshot, but only in Black version. They wouldn't promote Black 2 over White 2 in a trailer, and besides, it is obvious from the clouds that this location is somewhere high. Finally, the airship's design actually matches the buildings, so I suspect that we're dealing with Team Plasma's headquarters which are basically as big as a city. If the headquarters were in Unova, I don't see why an airship would be needed.

I will admit that it does look like Opelucid City, but my main problem is why would we need an airship to get there? It doesn't seem like we need any special way to get there from looking at the map. http://images.serebii.net/bigassunova.jpg We can get there from Eastern Unova.

I hope this is a new city, and it does seem odd that the Airship is the same color as the buildings.

Okay, I'm comparing this to Opelucid in my Black game, and it just fits perfectly. The clouds could very well be explained by other factors, fog etc. etc., but the buildings fits perfectly with Opelucid

Why one version of the city is preferred over another is that I think it's redundant to make such a scene appear twice in a trailer (unlike the N vs Ghetsis scene), and if the event do take place in Opelucid, then just showcasing one version of the event is acceptable.

I highly doubt this is somewhere else than Opelucid based on the buildings. The resemblance isn't just striking, I don't see any way it could be those buildings when I stand next to them in my game. The colors, the design, the windows, it all fits.

I honestly don't see why it's not a perfectly reasonable assumption Silktree, if you look at the architecture. It's too close match to be coincidence.

I will admit that it does look like Opelucid City, but my main problem is why would we need an airship to get there?

Why do we need an airship to get there? Is there some information I'm missing, or is it confirmed that we're actually on that airship? If not, then surely this can be just Plasma being out to no good in Opelucid.

Why do we need an airship to get there? Is there some information I'm missing, or is it confirmed that we're actually on that airship? If not, then surely this can be just Plasma being out to no good in Opelucid.

Thats plausible, I was assuming that because people were saying that the layout of the airship matches the area that Akuroma is in. Though, that could be after the airship has already landed now that I think about it.

I wish they could have shown the White 2 version if that is Opelucid City.

Why one version of the city is preferred over another is that I think it's redundant to make such a scene appear twice in a trailer
It wouldn't be redundant. If a major event is going to happen in Opelucid, the city's version differences should be showcased. I don't see any difference from N's case; it is not as if they had to use that scene in the trailer, so focusing on just one version strikes me as a very weird move.

I highly doubt this is somewhere else than Opelucid based on the buildings. The resemblance isn't just striking, I don't see any way it could be those buildings when I stand next to them in my game. The colors, the design, the windows, it all fits.
The only striking resemblance I see is to the airship itself. Why would Team Plasma design it to look like Opelucid?

Also the AirShip could be different in White 2. That airsip is flying, Opelucid may be just in his way.

The buildings in the trailer don't even look normal; they appear to be slanted. I also doubt that Opelucid is going to be filled with fog.

It wouldn't be redundant. If a major event is going to happen in Opelucid, the city's version differences should be showcased. I don't see any difference from N's case; it is not as if they had to use that scene in the trailer, so focusing on just one version strikes me as a very weird move.

No, it would be redundant, just to show the difference in buildings in BW2, something that was known from BW already. We don't need to see that, showing a scene with plot is okay, showing it twice is not necessary unless it actually carries big importance. Architectural difference isn't important, N's dragon is.

The focus is supposed to be on the airship at the moment, and I think that was the main point of the scene. The city differences don't really matter, it's only visual design. I highly doubt the event will be played differently just because of that.

The only striking resemblance I see is to the airship itself. Why would Team Plasma design it to look like Opelucid?

They look exactly alike, unless we are seeing at completely different images. I checked in in my Black while typing that post. Why do you jump to the conclusion that this is somewhere else when it fits perfectly with an already known location? I'm honestly not seeing the resemblance your claiming, but this wouldn't be the first time we disagreed on something we're seeing....

The buildings in the trailer don't even look normal; they appear to be slanted. I also doubt that Opelucid is going to be filled with fog.

It's the general angle the scene takes place in. Also, the airship could cause that fog. Remember, if they did something like N's castle in BW, then surely some fog coming out of an airship isn't too unreasonable.

The focus is supposed to be on the airship at the moment, and I think that was the main point of the scene. The city differences don't really matter, it's only visual design. I highly doubt the event will be played differently just because of that.
But the airship has the same colors as those buildings do, so if you're right, there have to be two versions of the airship and yet we've only seen one.

They look exactly alike, unless we are seeing at completely different images.
I can see the buildings in my game, too, and I can tell that the windows aren't black as the ones in the trailer are. More importantly, the buildings are perfectly normal, whereas the ones in the trailer are slanted, which suggests that we aren't dealing with a normal city.

Why do you jump to the conclusion that this is somewhere else when it fits perfectly with an already known location? I'm honestly not seeing the resemblance your claiming, but this wouldn't be the first time we disagreed on something we're seeing....
Wait, so you can see the resemblance to Opelucid but not to the airship? Okay then. At least I can admit that there is a resemblance to Opelucid, but not to the degree that would explain the other oddities.

b2w22.png

rrmnuc.jpg

You just use the windows, and disregard that it could look different based on angle and the fact that this is a cutscene, while disregarding every other thing that looks like Opelucid? You can't be serious. I would assume the airship looks like that based on the general Plasma colors, not because of Opelucid. Again, there is no evidence that the airship is linked to Opelucid except appearing there, so there is no reason to expect two different airships, I don't see how that's a reasonable assumption. It's much more safe to assume that Plasma has one(?) airship, and uses this in Opelucid. Instead of showing the exact same scene in a short trailer twice, it uses one scene from one of the games.

Obviously, the pokémon center was just taken with in a hurry just to demonstrate how equal they are. I'm not saying this is where it happens in the trailer, it was just to demonstrate the same arcitecthure

You just use the windows, and disregard that it could look different based on angle and the fact that this is a cutscene, while disregarding every other thing that looks like Opelucid?
Which other things? We can only see so much. You're just going by the color of the buildings, while there are design discrepancies which you're ignoring.

What about the fact that the ship is flying so closely to the buildings? If they were in Opelucid, where the buildings aren't tall, then the people in the city would be dangerously close to getting hit. On the other hand, an unorthodox setting might not present that problem.

I would assume the airship looks like that based on the general Plasma colors, not because of Opelucid. Again, there is no evidence that the airship is linked to Opelucid except appearing there.
So the ship just happens to have the same colors as Opelucid does in just one of the versions?

Last edited:
Which other things? We can only see so much. You're just going by the color of the buildings, while there are design discrepancies which you're ignoring.

What about the fact that the ship is flying so closely to the buildings? If they were in Opelucid, where the buildings aren't tall, then the people in the city would be dangerously close to getting hit. On the other hand, an unorthodox setting might not present that problem.

You know you are seeing what you want to see here? The only design difference, is the window color, seeing how this cutscene is seen from ground level, obviously the buildings will look somewhat different, but to say that they are not similar is throwing all logic out the window. I have no problem believing in theories that have evidence to them, like the current notion of getting a new region, but to something like this that can be perfectly explained by something already present, you're asking too much.

As for flying too close to buildings, this is a series where a massive castle shot up from the ground, and nothing got hurt or anything. This is a series where a lake that was bombed magically fixes itself. Landing an airship doesn't seem to be the biggest problem. And besides, if it flies so close to the buildings in an unorthodox setting, then why can't it in Opelucid?

So the ship just happens to have the same colors as Opelucid does in just one of the versions?

Why not? All I'm saying is that it is a coincidence, and that the colors should rather be associated with Plasma rather than Opelucid. I don't think that's too far out, why should they design an airship to one city they are going to land in?

While I'm skeptical to it being the ship in the animated trailer, it wouldn't surprise me too much if it actually was. That being said, some explanation would have to be given to why it looks different in the animated trailer, and to that I haven't got anything good for the time being. The problem lying mainly with it's "wings", or so to speak, and the engine (though that would be easier to explain by simply having it underneath, and not extending behind the rear, but that would just be to support the argument that it's the same, and I wouldn't put too much weight into just that). So for now, I don't think they're the same, and rather that the ship is the same as the one with Shizui, if that is a ship we can use, and that this is something different.

Then again, the animated trailer might take some ... creative liberties when depicting it.

H-con said:
but to say that they are not similar is throwing all logic out the window.
When did I say that? I simply think that the similarity to the airship is far more evident and that it is unlikely that the airship would be similar to Opelucid in one version but not in the other. I think that the airship and buildings look the way they do because Game Freak were going for a technological design, as they did before with Opelucid in one version. But unlike with Opelucid it is apparent that the new Team Plasma rely on technology in both versions.

And besides, if it flies so close to the buildings in an unorthodox setting, then why can't it in Opelucid?
Because at least an unorthodox location might actually have a landing spot, not to mention not having residents going about their day. And there would be a valid reason for those clouds that are directly overhead.

The airship however is the actual ship. I had assumed I posted this but:
The airship has a giant mast.
The airship has wood finishes with blue steel wrapping it.
The front seems to have a giant steel cabin, like the animation promo's boat.

If anything, team plasma is now using a giant cargo ship that can fly as their base of operations, or at least for Achroma. Its seriously going against their beliefs, but I'm pretty sure they're willing to use full force like the other teams this time. As for the location, its likely opelucid and the ship is just flying over Unova to signal Ghetsis arrival, as he would only come when the plans are almost complete, and he is needed.

I don't see why it matters if Team Plasma have one ship with multiple functions or two separate ones.

As for the location, its likely opelucid and the ship is just flying over Unova
Is it that easy to brush off the fact that the airship has the same colors as those buildings do? That the buildings are slanted and that the clouds are so visible? Why would the airship fly close to the buildings if it weren't preparing a landing?

to signal Ghetsis arrival, as he would only come when the plans are almost complete, and he is needed.
And why is he needed in Unova? Why can't Akuroma and the possible admins handle Kyurem's capture? If anything, Ghetsis should be looking for N, which is what he might have been doing in the past two years (or N was looking for him).

It matters, cause a flying boat is the best thing ever, especially if its an EVIL flying boat. Its so out there, that its amazing. As for flying close to the buildings, its all about perspective, it could be close, but it could also be bit a higher then such. And I have a hunch Ghetsis is need to capture Kyurem as its also a personal goal as much as it is part of their goal to control Unova.

And I have a hunch Ghetsis is need to capture Kyurem as its also a personal goal as much as it is part of their goal to control Unova.
I'm curious: What do you think they have to look for in the second region (as evidenced by the animated trailer) if Ghetsis and N go back to Unova? You haven't explained that at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom