• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Post-Unova Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyurem gone on a rampage, and the shadow triad is trying to control it for ghetsis. Along the way you do meet the sages, as they are trying to help N stop all this madness.

Kyurem gone on a rampage, and the shadow triad is trying to control it for ghetsis. Along the way you do meet the sages, as they are trying to help N stop all this madness.
And would Ghetsis and N stay in Unova? Or would they return to the second region quickly after arriving in Unova? I still don't see the appeal of this theory. What made you think of it aside from the Giant Chasm's extremely loose resemblance to the cave from the trailer?

Last edited:
Random Theories :

N searched for his real parents during the two years, in order to understand people, you can call that a rebirth. Gethis searched for his real son, Akuroma, who was in Region2. Then, he etablished the Neo Plasma base in Region2. Gethis realised after that Kyurem can absorb Zekrom/Reshiram. So he came to Unova in order to catch Kyurem, and return in Region2 for N's dragon. Akuroma deals with Hilda/Hilbert to prevent them from interfering. Now, Gethis has the power and come back again in Unova.

So my bet is, we would win the 7th badge from Shizui => Gethis is back and catch Kyurem => some parts of unova are frozen => We take the boat with rival and tcheren => Region 2 => Some Plot => N is defeated => Gethis returns in Unova.

Also, during the two years, Akuroma defeated Adeku in a fair fight, everybody thinks he's a good guy. After the BW2's credits, Adeku will be the Champion again.

So my bet is, we would win the 7th badge from Shizui => Gethis is back and catch Kyurem => some parts of unova are frozen => We take the boat with rival and tcheren => Region 2 => Some Plot => N is defeated => Gethis returns in Unova.
You listed Ghetsis' return to Unova twice.

Because after catching Kyurem, he needs N's Dragon, who is in Region2.

Because after catching Kyurem, he needs N's Dragon, who is in Region2.
Sorry, but I feel that one person moving around between two regions so many times would get redundant. Ghetsis doesn't need to capture Kyurem if he has followers in Unova. I agree that he may return to Unova after he defeats N, though.

And would Ghetsis and N stay in Unova? Or would they return to the second region quickly after arriving in Unova? I still don't the appeal of this theory. What made you think of it aside from the extremely loose resemblance between the Giant Chasm and the cave from the trailer?
Both N and Ghetsis are at large, each for 2 reasons. One is being hunted cause of the crimes he committed, one is likely being sought out for being the key to stopping this whole thing, probably by the sages. I doubt they would leave Unova together or wherever and have it be the same place. In fact, The Shadow Triad's involvement with Kyurem would be to continue Ghetsis' work, after he was arrested by Looker. The sages were likely allowed out of jail after giving information, and the involvement of the BW heroes would happen here, together with N, but instead with the other dragon. Only problem I'm having with Kyurem in a second region or the plot even taking place there would mean that we would have no main legendary capture till both after the league and a whole other region.

So Shadow Triad catch Kyurem for Gethis's sake. They're Gethis's representative in Unova. But I can't see a link between Kyurem and Region2. What was the item hold by shadow triad in the animated trailer ?

Also, in post-game adventure, Region2 would have a feature with a train, (Anville Town's hint)

Last edited:
Only problem I'm having with Kyurem in a second region or the plot even taking place there would mean that we would have no main legendary capture till both after the league and a whole other region.
This isn't a real problem, but the Musketeer trio may come to the player's aid in Unova. They may not be the version mascots, but they are important to the story as evidenced by the game opening.

In fact, The Shadow Triad's involvement with Kyurem would be to continue Ghetsis' work, after he was arrested by Looker.
So you think that Ghetsis shouldn't actually be involved with the second region because he will have already served his purpose. I can't say that you're wrong, but what makes you think this?

Jun said:
So Shadow Triad catch Kyurem for Gethis's sake.
Either they or Akuroma can catch Kyurem for Ghetsis. Let's remember that Ghetsis relied on N to acquire Reshiram/Zekrom.

Musketrio would likely have the same role as the pixies, but to what extent I dunno. They certainly didn't have that presence in BW, so they could possibly extend them to be important. Perhaps Plasma manipulates their hatred for humans to further distance Pokemon from them?

Jun said:
But I can't see a link between Kyurem and Region2.
You mean other than looking for N's dragon? That's why I brought the history discussion yesterday. Kyurem may have already been to the second region since we know so little about it. The cave from the trailer and game opening may be more important to Kyurem than the Giant Chasm is (assuming that they're different).

What was the item hold by shadow triad in the animated trailer?
I wouldn't be shocked if it were a device to form a bridge between the two universes. I don't know about Team Plasma, but I think that Kyurem has its own agenda, which is to mend the two universes and restore things back to the way they were before the split. It would be a great plot twist if Kyurem were manipulating Ghetsis rather than the other way around. Perhaps freezing Unova is a necessary condition to undo the split.

Whoa, hold up there 2 universes? Lets not get too carried away, GF is already make huge leaps by possibly introducing a multi-region spanning story, not to mention actually giving character depth and growth. Adding multiple universes and putting them together would leave them with no creative juices for the next 50 generations.

Whoa, hold up there 2 universes? Lets not get too carried away, GF is already make huge leaps by possibly introducing a multi-region spanning story, not to mention actually giving character depth and growth. Adding multiple universes and putting them together would leave them with no creative juices for the next 50 generations.
You are aware of the multiverse references in Black and White, right? Also, I wasn't trying to imply that Kyurem would succeed.

Can anyone provide, in a list of compelling evidence, exactly why a second region is likely?

I want to believe, but I'm struggling to see it, and I'm finding this thread difficult to keep up with. I don't want to get excited if it's nothing more than wishful thinking.

Let's also say that the native people of Isshu are similar to Native Americans.
Should that be the case, Isshu's natives may have been forced out and the new region is more-or-less a "voluntary" Indian reserve.
I think it'd be more likely that the Isshu Natives were probably relocated to a small village somewhere in Unova, and have continued to live there to this day...so, basically, I wouldn't be surprised if Iris is descended from the Native Unova people, and her little village ends up being some-sort of "reserve" or such, although I imagine GameFreak will probably gloss over the whole "genocide" issue and just say they died out naturally or some such.

To further the comparison, due to Iris' connection with Dragon Pokemon, it could be possible that the original Heroes weren't exactly "legendary", but could've had higher Western technology, such as early versions of the Pokeballs, allowing them to catch Zekrom and Reshiram. Thus, like how Cortez and such were seen as gods, so could have the Legendary Heroes.

as Unova already alludes to the American Revolution (the twin heroes uniting people of different nations) and even the Civil War (the twin heroes' war over principles that was continued by their sons). But the analogy is loose and will most likely remain that way.
I don't really think the American Revolution "united" people of different nations...in fact, it was kind of the opposite.
Also, are you saying that, somewhere in Unova, there are basically the equivalent of SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN folks?

You are aware of the multiverse references in Black and White, right? Also, I wasn't trying to imply that Kyurem would succeed.
I really don't think that's anything but a nod to the two different versions, though. The only time it's brought up is a minor event allowing you to get a plain item.

Can anyone provide, in a list of compelling evidence, exactly why a second region is likely?
Focusing on the clear facts:

1. Looker said that N was in a faraway region in the end of Black and White. As of the beginning of B2W2, N is still missing. We've recently seen him and Ghetsis (who also left Unova) in a cave that looks unfamiliar, so it certainly doesn't have to be in Unova.
2. The Unova map is described by the official website as being one page of the map. Why would they use that description if the map merely consisted of one page?
3. The animated trailer showed a city that doesn't look like any place in Unova.
4. There will be two adventure guidebooks released by the same company (Media Factory). The only time that has ever happened before was with the Johto games when two regions were involved.
5. The anime is covering Eastern Unova before the league, which has been said to be three months away. This means that Unova will have been covered in the anime by the end of the year, which begs the question where the story will be continued until the next games are released.

I don't really think the American Revolution "united" people of different nations...in fact, it was kind of the opposite.
In romantic terms, the war brought the Thirteen Colonies together to promote their goals as a newly united people. You can argue that's a myth and I wouldn't necessarily disagree, but I don't think the twin heroes were quite as heroic as some people in Unova make them out to be, either.

I really don't think that's anything but a nod to the two different versions, though. The only time it's brought up is a minor event allowing you to get a plain item.
I don't think the differences between the two versions, which pertain to the story, will be left unaddressed in these games. Game Freak should create a canon perspective, and the multiverse references hint at the solution.

Last edited:
looking at
Battle_Subway_Map.png
there are 7 places to go. one heads to anvile town, but has an offshoot to somewhere. one seems to head to the global tower thingy, and one heads in the direction of the new starting city. planing GF? it seems reasonable that the other lines could lead to somewhere like, a Gym, or a place that heads you off to a new region.

But the Battle Subway didn't actually take us to the Unity Tower island, and I am not sure that will change in these games, especially since the new Unova map doesn't seem to show anything near Anville Town. But we simply don't need the Battle Subway to get to another region. Presumably, this is how we will get on the boat from the animated trailer.

but it could also be an extension of the Subway, like the frontier of Unova. now that i think about it

but it could also be an extension of the Subway, like the frontier of Unova. now that i think about it
Unless you're referring to underground facilities, I don't see how that's possible. Even though the map is covered, you can tell that there are no new locations in most if not all of those areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom