• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Not for XY Anime Discussion)

Re: Official CoroCoro Discussion Thread

They still gave us some information last month and we can expect to see a follow-up next week. There is really no reason to complain considering that things were worse in early 2006 and 2010. The fans that expect to see 3-4 new Pokémon every month only have themselves to blame if they end up being disappointed.

There were 150+ Pokemon in Gen V so we got like 3 Pokemon a month in the lead up to Black and White. Obviously people were expecting that same pace, but since this is an "Expansion" generation, we'll be lucky to crack over 100 Pokemon. And like 30 of those will be babies or new evolutions.

There were 150+ Pokemon in Gen V so we got like 3 Pokemon a month in the lead up to Black and White. Obviously people were expecting that same pace, but since this is an "Expansion" generation, we'll be lucky to crack over 100 Pokemon. And like 30 of those will be babies or new evolutions.
Before the starters were revealed in May (four months before release), we had only known about Zoroark and Zorua. Starting from June, CoroCoro revealed 7 critters every month until Black and White's release. While it is unlikely that Generation VI will receive the same treatment even when we get closer to October, for now the coverage has been more substantial than that of Generation V in early 2010.

I can see one more elemental monkey and maybe a pre-evolution. It can't be the next Eevee, because there are only 4 elemental monkeys (they fourth one not shown very often). The other one is Think No Evil, so maybe a Psychic type.
An Electric type could fry out all the evil in its brains using electricity.
I kid, I kid.
Seriously, by tradition it would be Electric, but Gamefreak doesn't really follow tradition anymore, what with sequels instead of remakes and no third version.

/vp/ - Pok

Supposed rumours about what Corocoro is bringing.

The Chi and Psi species for Xerneas and Yveltal (respectively) could be interesting ideas. Not sure how far they could take them if it's real, though. I saw someone mention that Chi (Χ) and Psi (Ψ) are Greek letters. I'm not sure what Psi could represent, but for Chi this stuck out to me:

In Plato's Timaeus, it is explained that the two bands which form the soul of the world cross each other like the letter Χ.

The soul of the world seems like something that would fit a legendary, right?

Anyway, once again I'm not believing. Seems like too much. I'm really just expecting Sylveon information and nothing more from Corocoro this month, so any rumours otherwise I won't believe until I see it. Also, from the lead up to BW and B2W2, aswell as the last two months with XY, 99.9% of the rumours that showed up were false. We've been given no reason to believe these are any different. So many rumours already and we still have seven months to go.

* Mewtwo plot sounds plausible, and would perhaps explain the "reawakening"/"revival" subtitle.
* Eevee and Friends plot sound a bit different from the one we got before, but not entirely contradictory, as the Eevee House could be within the Pokemon Hills Park Yuyama mentioned. The first poster had Meowth having hearts as he looked at Leafeon and Glaceon, and Oshawott was running from a Jolteon that appeared to have a crush on him, so the Eeveelution Sisters doesn't seem too odd.
* "Spring Wind Pokemon"...the trailer did focus on wind blowing around it (perhaps Tailwind?), and Flying was a suggested type. Being all female has also been brought up...but that rumor seems like it's hinting at a Male Eeveelution too.
* Chi and Psi resemble "X" and "Y", never really thought about that connection. Looking through the definitions of them, though, I can't find a solid connection, but I'm not that versed in greek.
* New Pokemon sound the coolest, but the most unlikely part. All the names sound plausible...Altaros, a pun on the altair "cow herder" star, Yamemasu means "I quit!" and fits the tsukkomi theme, and Koorain is probably "Koaline", as in a coal-powered train line.
* It's pretty likely that Sableye will appear soon, since it's obviously with Ash and co. in the poster. Nature Sanctuary (I guess he meant Preserve) seems like a possibility...I'm actually wondering if the PokeDex being stolen ties into that since that area is accessed when every New Unova Pokemon is seen in the game. Nuzleaf appears there in the game too.

My grandpa was a Chi Psi.

Seems too obscure for them to actually use it. If they were trying for Greek letters resembling x and y they could have just gone with Chi and Upsilon, seeing how those are exactly X and Y. Unless they just liked the rhyming aspect too much.

* Mewtwo plot sounds plausible, and would perhaps explain the "reawakening"/"revival" subtitle.
Not really. Yuyama, the movie director, explained in his blog that Mewtwo's awakening is connected to the way it approaches the world. While Mewtwo was selfish in Movie 1 in only caring about its place in the world, the events that it has seen have made it care about the world as a whole. Quite frankly, the idea of an amnesia plot is pure nonsense.

* It's pretty likely that Sableye will appear soon, since it's obviously with Ash and co. in the poster. Nature Sanctuary (I guess he meant Preserve) seems like a possibility...I'm actually wondering if the PokeDex being stolen ties into that since that area is accessed when every New Unova Pokemon is seen in the game. Nuzleaf appears there in the game too.
That part is highly iffy, as well. CoroCoro wouldn't just promote two episodes rather than announcing what the next saga is going to be about.

It could be a possibility that Mewtwo begins with that world view only for some event, perhaps meddling via the movie's villain (Team Plasma or otherwise) to cause it to freak out and renge back to its older ways. That sort of fits its biography on the official site:

A Pokémon created by the recombining of Mew's genes. Its battle prowess has been raised to the max.

"Kakusei" ("Awakening" - the word used in the movie title) is the act of waking up, or of snapping out of something. It can also mean to come to one's senses and realize the errors of one's ways.

What does it mean for Mewtwo to "awaken"!?

That's quite typical for these type of "VS" films where some outside locus ends up causing the titular stars to battle it out.

In fact, we don't know WHAT world view it's gained since we last saw it, it could be entirely negative and it's forgotten the positive things learned from Ash.

Last edited:

It could be a possibility that Mewtwo begins with that world view only for some event, perhaps meddling via the movie's villain (Team Plasma or otherwise) to cause it to freak out and renge back to its older ways.
So its awakening will be negated by some random plot device? That doesn't make much sense considering that is one of the movie themes.

"Kakusei" ("Awakening" - the word used in the movie title) is the act of waking up, or of snapping out of something. It can also mean to come to one's senses and realize the errors of one's ways.
Are you suggesting that Mewtwo's awakening might be a regression? That theory is all but ruled out by the second definition of the word (essentially meaning redemption), which was highlighted for a reason. Once again, Yuyama's blog also clarifies that Mewtwo has already done its awakening before the movie.

In fact, we don't know WHAT world view it's gained since we last saw it, it could be entirely negative and it's forgotten the positive things learned from Ash.
Yuyama begs to differ. Mewtwo's awakening is all about how different it has become since Movie 1.

No, I'm thinking that the "awakening" might not occur before the film, but within the film itself, with Mewtwo awakening from its amnesia/funk and its bond between humans restored. As in he snaps out of his amnesia. Also, I highlighted the word, lol.

No, I'm thinking that the "awakening" might not occur before the film, but within the film itself, with Mewtwo awakening from its amnesia/funk and its bond between humans restored. As in he snaps out of his amnesia.
We already know that is not the case.

How? I haven't heard anything beyond the simple "Mewtwo's world view has changed since it set out into the world after Movie 1" and the character biography of it. If you're going to counter a rumor, I think you need to provide evidence of your claims which I assume are your own speculation and interpretations. You have a habit of putting forward your opinion as fact, no offense.

How? I haven't heard anything beyond the simple "Mewtwo's world view has changed since it set out into the world after Movie 1" and the character biography of it. If you're going to counter a rumor, I think you need to provide evidence of your claims which I assume are your own speculation and interpretations.
The blog says that Mewtwo's new world view involves watching over the world, as opposed to only caring about its own identity. It is a positive change and it is quite obviously the awakening alluded to in the title. Logic dictates that said change has taken place before the movie, since it makes no sense that Yuyama would spoil the movie's ending. Not to mention the emphasis on Mewtwo being different compared to Movie 1, which it wouldn't be if it suffered from amnesia for most of the movie.

Last edited:

Sylveon is the Kashinfuu Pokemon, "Spring Wind". It is a pure-Flying Eevee Evolution, and is also 100% Female.

Sounds like another case of an idea taken straight from fan speculations.

Sounds like another case of an idea taken straight from fan speculations.

Yep this Information they are giving us is everything we wanted! New pokes, new pokemon Typing, anime movie information.

And I'm so not INTO the giving evolution! Tauros,Torkoal, Wynaut! Eventually Torkoal a bipedal Turtle Rock killer!

Chi and Psi!??
Psi means soul and this is the where the essence of the word Psychology cames from!

Chi on the other hand could mean this:
Chi (mythology) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Remember the trailer and Yveltal in the mountain!

/vp/ - Pok

The Chi and Psi species for Xerneas and Yveltal (respectively) could be interesting ideas. Not sure how far they could take them if it's real, though. I saw someone mention that Chi (Χ) and Psi (Ψ) are Greek letters. I'm not sure what Psi could represent, but for Chi this stuck out to me:

In Plato's Timaeus, it is explained that the two bands which form the soul of the world cross each other like the letter Χ.

Anyway, once again I'm not believing. Seems like too much. I'm really just expecting Sylveon information and nothing more from Corocoro this month, so any rumours otherwise I won't believe until I see it. Also, from the lead up to BW and B2W2, aswell as the last two months with XY, 99.9% of the rumours that showed up were false. We've been given no reason to believe these are any different. So many rumours already and we still have seven months to go.

I really hate rumors sometime, because they can have some interesting things that you wish would actually happen. Sableye stealing books because it wants to learn more? That's incredibly adorable, and now I feel sad because it will never actually happen. ;_;

Yep this Information they are giving us is everything we wanted! New pokes, new pokemon Typing, anime movie information.

And I'm so not INTO the giving evolution! Tauros,Torkoal, Wynaut! Eventually Torkoal a bipedal Turtle Rock killer!

Chi and Psi!??
Psi means soul and this is the where the essence of the word Psychology cames from!

Chi on the other hand could mean this:
Chi (mythology) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Remember the trailer and Yveltal in the mountain!

Chi and Psi are Greek letters (X and Ψ). Psychology comes from the word "psyche" (soul).

/vp/ - Pok

*sigh* Why are all of these rumors so enticing...

I guess I'll humor it , I do like the Chi and Psi connection, I never really thought about it and theoretically it's definitely a possibility. In that case, would the third legendary be Zeta? Omega (though I doubt this one due to Arceus being the Alpha)? Phi?

The Chi and Psi part is probably the coolest part of this rumour

Obviously, the third legendary will be delicious Pi. Somehow. And it'll be 314 in the regional dex, too.

Back
Top Bottom