• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Not for XY Anime Discussion)

Re: Official CoroCoro Discussion Thread

Ninfia being only female would be a huge mistake.
Would creat bad feeling in the air. And beside Jolteon and Umbreon all eeveeloution are more or less girly.

But the type for the male counter I see that could be Steel or fighting.

/vp/ - Pok

Supposed rumours about what Corocoro is bringing.

The Chi and Psi species for Xerneas and Yveltal (respectively) could be interesting ideas. Not sure how far they could take them if it's real, though. I saw someone mention that Chi (Χ) and Psi (Ψ) are Greek letters. I'm not sure what Psi could represent, but for Chi this stuck out to me:

In Plato's Timaeus, it is explained that the two bands which form the soul of the world cross each other like the letter Χ.

The soul of the world seems like something that would fit a legendary, right?

Anyway, once again I'm not believing. Seems like too much. I'm really just expecting Sylveon information and nothing more from Corocoro this month, so any rumours otherwise I won't believe until I see it. Also, from the lead up to BW and B2W2, aswell as the last two months with XY, 99.9% of the rumours that showed up were false. We've been given no reason to believe these are any different. So many rumours already and we still have seven months to go.

*sigh* Why are all of these rumors so enticing...

I guess I'll humor it , I do like the Chi and Psi connection, I never really thought about it and theoretically it's definitely a possibility. In that case, would the third legendary be Zeta? Omega (though I doubt this one due to Arceus being the Alpha)? Phi?

Psi? Why not Upsilon (Υ)?

Since the very moment Xerneas name was revealed, it sounded like Greek to me. So it's possible. As for the third legendary, if Xerneas and Yveltal are really related to Greek letters, then Zeta is just a random letter at the middle of the alphabet. So I don't think the third will be Zeta in that case. Omega or Phi make more sense.

The last letters of Greek alphabet are Upsilon (Υ), Phi (Φ), Chi(Χ), Psi(Ψ), and Omega (Ω). I think Yveltal comes from Upsilon rather than Psi, but I'm not stuck with that idea.

As for the third legendary, there are a lot of (interesting) variants. It could be just Omega OR...

...it could be Phi. And Omega could be a trio master. With 720 base stats total. What would make it the Arceus counterpart. The Alpha and the Omega. The creators of everything: the Alpha (Arceus) created time and space, the matter and the physical laws. And the Omega created what is not measurable, souls, and feelings; hence the "bond" theme and the Chi/Psi, the souls and the stuff (At this point my head is going even more wild, you're warned). And the Omega, as Creator of feelings, could be also the holder of truth and ideals. That would make Omega the -wait for it- Original Dragon from Unova legends. Like a lost god (does someone remember the unused God Stone? It will remain unused in Gen V, but still could be the remains of some delayed idea).

Cyrus, when talking with the player in Platinum, compared Dialga, Palkia and Giratina with the two chains that compose a DNA strand. Also, he tried to use Giratina to erase all feelings. But he was wrong, and that's why he failed. When Cyrus did this talk, something didn't fit to me. Giratina was one Pokémon, Dialga and Palkia were two. The three are meant to be equally powered, so Giratina couldn't be "the other chain" alone, as opposed to both Dialga AND Palkia. So, what if this theoretical "double chain" of the DNA is actually the ultimate creation duo, the Alpha and the Omega. We know one of them. Maybe, the other side is coming.

....oh, my mind went totally nuts.

Well, I have to say, you were right Silktree, I was wrong. The new movie trailer completely contradicts what the rumor claimed.

I didn't quite care about the plot, I just so wanted that Wobbuffet counterpart to be real. :(

So that's pretty much confirmed fake then?

That kinda sucks, that was the first set of rumors I actually liked, especially the "spring wind" idea for Sylveon.

lol. funny cuz mewtwo is psychic, weak to bug, and genesect resists psychic. BUT I BET MEWTWO WILL SOMEHOW BEAT FIVE. :)

also, omega = unova original dragon is kind of the most awesome thing evar. highly unlikely, but totally awesome.

I'm kind of both relieved and disappointed that the info is false. Happy that we're not getting a pre-evo of Tauros or an alt evolution of Wynaut, but disappointed that Xerneas and Sylveon's typing may still not be revealed for awhile yet. I really want to see the speculated Light typing come to an end already...

It's strange that this time around we don't get any fake scans. Last month it were 3 before the 3rd February!
But as many people said better not to have them so we wouldn't cry about them being fake.

I still believe that we get 2-3 new pokes and the typing for Ninfia. Maybe the PC's!

It's strange that this time around we don't get any fake scans. Last month it were 3 before the 3rd February!
But as many people said better not to have them so we wouldn't cry about them being fake.

I still believe that we get 2-3 new pokes and the typing for Ninfia. Maybe the PC's!
Its still fairly early, we may yet get some fake scans.

Im still hoping for Ninfia's type. I just really want that known, Im starting to get more interested in what it is. I like one or two other Pokemon as well. I dont nesessarily expect it, but it really would be nice. I dont want the early route bird/bug/rodent just yet, but other different Pokemon. Id also like some game screenshots, but dont expect that either, sadly.

Where can I find the fake scans of the new Pokemon? I want to see them out of curiosity. Also, I can't seem to find them off of the internet.

Where can I find the fake scans of the new Pokemon? I want to see them out of curiosity. Also, I can't seem to find them off of the internet.

If you meant fake scans of the false pre-evos of Tauros, Torkoal and alt-evo of Wynaut, there are none. The false info was written only.

I just wish that they include Mewtwo again in Smash Bros. 4 with the excuse of promoting this movie.

I guess we're going to get the pre-order Movie Event Pokemon this issue...wonder who it'll be?

Mewtwo? Shiny Genesect? Or even "Pokemon Hills" Sableye that will be encouraged to transfer to XY?

I guess we're going to get the pre-order Movie Event Pokemon this issue...wonder who it'll be?

Mewtwo? Shiny Genesect? Or even "Pokemon Hills" Sableye that will be encouraged to transfer to XY?
I'm expecting the pre-order to be either Eevee or Mewtwo, with the main event Pokemon being the Shiny Genesect. Mewtwo entirely depends if they're gonna give it a new forme or not in my prediction.

Mewtwo entirely depends if they're gonna give it a new forme or not in my prediction.

I wonder what a new forme of Mewtwo would look like? If they did make one it would be an amazing event pokemon.

Mewtwo entirely depends if they're gonna give it a new forme or not in my prediction.
I'd say it depends on whether or not Game Freak want to incorporate Mewtwo into the games' plot. If they do, Mewtwo shouldn't be distributed in Generation V again.

I'd say it depends on whether or not Game Freak want to incorporate Mewtwo into the games' plot. If they do, Mewtwo shouldn't be distributed in Generation V again.
True, but I do question if they would have Mewtwo gain a new in-game location or have it more as an event Pokemon ala Zoroark...

True, but I do question if they would have Mewtwo gain a new in-game location or have it more as an event Pokemon ala Zoroark...
Zoroark was given an in-game location, but the problem was that its event was nothing more than a reference to Movie 13, which made very little sense in the context of the games. I'd rather not see the shiny Genesect trigger Mewtwo's appearance.

I wonder what a new forme of Mewtwo would look like? If they did make one it would be an amazing event pokemon.

A new forme for Mewtwo, at this point? I don't think so. Actually, I'm not sure if I'd like something like that.

Back
Top Bottom