• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

RM Thread That Must Not Be Named

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Random Messages Issue #11

So what does everyone think about the rumored NFC in SSB4? Just in case you don't know, it's that thing that Skylanders and Disney Infinity use. Pokemon Rumble U also uses it, but it wasn't a necessary feature.

Accordingly, and most likely, it's the way we can 'save' these custom movesets, which can be used whilst online with friends. The Wii U GamePad has a special thing on it which lets it use NFC, without a fancy 'portal' like Disney Infinity or Skylanders.

Personally, I'm excited for it. Figures of the characters? I'm up for that! Hopefully, we get a few glow in the dark or neon details, especially on Zero Suit Samus. She could have the pink parts of her Zero Suit glowing, and the yellow parts of her heels and bracelets could also glow. For Power Suit Samus, perhaps just the visor and the lights on her arm cannon glowing. I'd die if the characters are using an attack or taunt, or at least some sort of taunt. Like Zero Suit Samus using her down taunt, where she spins the Plasma Wire around her. Neon Plasma Wire. YES! Maybe Mario and Luigi could be using their Fireball attacks, Peach in her umbrella taunt, Mega Man getting ready to throw a Metal Blade, Fox with his Blaster in hand... So much possibilities!

It'd be neat I guess, but I'd like the game without all that. Especially if you have to pay separately like you do for Skylanders. They have so many of those figurines now and they really add up.

My post count! I did it!
Awww yeaaah

NFC doesn't seem incredible, but I do like Skylanders, but that's because of the features they've used in their toys, because they were some of the first games using NFC. LightCore is Light-up, so are Giants, and SWAP Force can swap on the toys, and it shows up in-game. The size of the toys also decides the size in-game. It has just gone so far in 4 years. Now first-party is using it. (Disney Infinity is far inferior to Skylanders)

So, I've found Wooper and Marowak in you Safari, lovandra. Marowak is old news to me, 'cause my brother's is Trapinch and Marowak. Shall we connect online so you can get Gogoat?

You know what, this is Pokemon-related. I think that in OR/AS, there should be gardens in your friends' secret bases after beating the E4 once, like a Friend Safari. In there, you can get whatever Pokemon are in their X/Y Friend Safari.

Last edited:

It'd be neat I guess, but I'd like the game without all that. Especially if you have to pay separately like you do for Skylanders. They have so many of those figurines now and they really add up.

They'd probably just be a little added bonus for people who want to collect them or play with custom movesets locally.

Also, I've got a tip for anyone short of cash for a Wii U. The Wii U is backwards compatible, so you can play your Wii Games on it. So unless you've got some great games you can't bear to part with from the eShop, or it's your only way to play Game Cube games, then you can sell it to get a little money towards it.

I've just realized the contrast between Zero Suit Samus' upper and lower body.

480px-Zero_Suit_Samus_SSB4.png

As you can see, Zero Suit Samus' upper half is slender, whilst her lower half, in particular her legs, are more toned and muscular. It's a nice little detail, considering the majority of her attacks are performed from her Paralyzer gun, which can turn into a Plasma Whip/Wire, or kicks, which are now boosted in power due to her metallic heels.

I can sense the Zero Suit Samus hype emanating from ES.
For SSB4, I am actually hyping Greninja and Wii Fit Trainer the most. I am so excited to play as those two!

NFC would be cool
I'd definitely buy Greninja
Nothing should light up on him, except maybe a possible Water Shuriken
My post count! I did it!
Awww yeaaah

Noice
Sure! If you would like a Grass-type one with Tangela, Swadloon, and Gogoat. FC: 5086-2385-1718

Tangela
Hell yeah

I'll add you later

If you wanna add me, I'm Emolga, Stunfisk, and Manectric!

FIIIISK

Fisk should be playable in SSB5

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, Paleo! SSB5 would probably be at least 6 years away.

If you wanna add me, I'm Emolga, Stunfisk, and Manectric!

You've seen my FC, right?

Trading a Treecko to a random stranger for a Charmander. This thing better be good, though I have another Treecko. Mega Sceptile, here I come! I already have all three Hoenn starters, all three Sinnoh starters, Kanto and Kalos (both duh) and Cyndaquil + Totodile form Johto, missing Chikorita, and Snivy and Oshawott x 142, missing Tepig. Phew, Charmander has Solar Power and Outrage/Dragon Dance.

Fisk for SSB5
Shy Guy for SSB5

I can sense the Zero Suit Samus hype emanating from ES.
For SSB4, I am actually hyping Greninja and Wii Fit Trainer the most. I am so excited to play as those two!

I've always been a bit of a feminist, and the way that Zero Suit Samus combines both feminine grace and raw power in her design makes me really happy. Princess Peach, Zelda and Rosalina all have that feminine grace, whilst Sheik shows that raw power. ZSS is the best of both worlds.

Greninja seems to be fun, with his quirky recovery, and the potential of his Side Special, Shadow Sneak, being used for recovery as well.

Wii Fit Trainer, I enjoy, just because she was put in as no one expected her. I like the choice to play between female and male, which the Villager also has, and I'm hoping at least one of Pikachu's costumes has a dent in its tail, signifying it being female.

NFC would be cool
I'd definitely buy Greninja
Nothing should light up on him, except maybe a possible Water Shuriken

Light-up tongue XD

No.

I'd also like to see Greninja as a figure.

FIIIISK

Fisk should be playable in SSB5

Pink Gold Peach for SSB5!

Seriously though, I would be happy if Peach's Metal Box form is PGP.

Oh God, I can see the beginnings of a pyramid quote

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom