• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Team Aqua and Magma

Cool comic, but that's not quite how it works in the games, is it? I'm fairly sure that Kyogre can simply create water by supernatural means? Didn't Kyogre create the sea while Groudon created land?
It would have made more sense if Groudon could just earth bend or something but its power is portrayed as creating intense sunlight. Besides, while Kyogre could theoretically make more magical water, Groudon making more land appear somewhere is just going to displace the water and flood other lands.

Strangely enough, in Ruby, Kyogre's dex entry describes it as a savior who put an end to droughts while Groudon in Sapphire supposedly rescued people from floods with its water drying abilities.

would have made more sense if he could activate under water valcanos that forms new land

As for Team Plasma, it was good, but you have to take a step back and wonder....Ghetsis' end-goal was to take over Unova. Why did he need to kidnap a bunch of children and create a cult when all he really needed was that scientist making Genesect and whoever made the machine that hacked the PC system. Why did he make Corless Team Plasma's boss in the sequels. I is a very typical villain right down to the needlessly convoluted plot.
C'mon, if it was THAT easy, this wouldn't be a JRPG. Also, Ghetsis is not the typical villain, mostly because of his meticulous scheme. He explains the whole reason why he raised N the way he did, why he created a cult, why everything he ever said seemed to be a lie... it was for a coup d'etat that would be met with no resistance. If you've ever seen a scenario where the bad guy tries to seize power, it rarely succeeds if it's attempted by direct, hostile takeover. If Ghetsis had simply hacked everyone's PC's, then terrorized them with a big bug with a cannon on its back, people would've rallied against him, one way or another. Although tyrannical rule was his intention all along, Ghetsis needed a more subtle way to get into that position; that's where the children and the cult come in. He used Team Plasma to stir up dissent among the masses, cause them to believe Pokemon liberation was a feasible idea. N was used to drive the point home; who're you to question the guy who's recognized as hero by the legendary dragon and is more powerful than the Champion? By using Team Plasma, Ghetsis could cause everyone to almost willingly release their Pokemon, leave Team Plasma as the sovereign with the power, and no one would want to stand up to them. It's very complicated for a series like Pokemon, and I can see why Ghetsis was so pissed when you ruined his plan... that was a ton of time, effort and scheming gone to waste.(Of course, he returns 2 years later, shifts gears and condescends to the typical terrorist villain... we all know how THAT turned out.)

Last edited:
I am hoping to see the plot from Emerald in these new games, since we'd get to battle both teams. Kind of like how HG/SS incorporated some of the Crystal plot into them.

On a side note, I really want to discuss what the website now says about Teams Aqua and Magma but I'm not really sure what thread to post it in. Can I just make a speculation thread about Aqua and Magma?

:)

On a side note, I really want to discuss what the website now says about Teams Aqua and Magma but I'm not really sure what thread to post it in. Can I just make a speculation thread about Aqua and Magma?

Thanks Zeb. :) Anyways, both Teams seem so much more fleshed out this time around. I honestly hope we get Archie and Maxie's origin stories, something I think we've only gotten with N? Also, Tabitha's summary reminds me of Choji from Naruto. Adorable little butterball until you get him mad, then he'll crush you. Hahaha although now that I think about it, Shelly reminds me of Ino. GameFreak, I see you...

I do like how GF didn't make them outright evil, particularly Team Aqua. Why if their actions wouldn't cause a cataclysmic event, I'm sure they would be quite the pleasant company.

Thanks Zeb. :) Anyways, both Teams seem so much more fleshed out this time around. I honestly hope we get Archie and Maxie's origin stories, something I think we've only gotten with N? Also, Tabitha's summary reminds me of Choji from Naruto. Adorable little butterball until you get him mad, then he'll crush you. Hahaha although now that I think about it, Shelly reminds me of Ino. GameFreak, I see you...

Shelly reminds me of a different character. Her pose should be a dead giveaway.

I do like how GF didn't make them outright evil, particularly Team Aqua. Why if their actions wouldn't cause a cataclysmic event, I'm sure they would be quite the pleasant company.

I don't know... Temari? Tsunade?

I don't know... Temari? Tsunade?

You haven't read One Piece, I assume?

You haven't read One Piece, I assume?

I used to watch the anime, but I haven't seen it since... '07? Sorry, I won't know who you mean.

Well, to simplify it, it's from a character that appears in it called Boa Hancock, and she has a running gag where "she looks down on people so much so looks up".
Image - BoaSky.jpg - The One Piece Wiki - Manga, Anime, Pirates, Marines, Treasure, Devil Fruits, and more

Well... *blushes* Nice to know GF didn't copy her outfit. Seems a little... mature for Pokémon. But yeah, same pose and she's from a show about pirates. Pretty sure Shelly took some inspiration from her.

I am hoping to see the plot from Emerald in these new games, since we'd get to battle both teams. Kind of like how HG/SS incorporated some of the Crystal plot into them.

With Rayqauza being in the latest trailer, it's looking like they just might...

Last edited:
I like how they gave Tabitha a menacing side, it makes up for his otherwise derpy design. I mean look at this:

sept_p13_02_en_rwh.jpg

You've gotta be kidding yourself if this doesn't creep you out at least a little.

I love that Aqua/Magma are being fleshed out. Their goals are being expanded on and the admins/leaders are finally getting personalities. It's clear Game Freak actually likes them as they didn't give Team Rocket the same treatment.

I love that Aqua/Magma are being fleshed out. Their goals are being expanded on and the admins/leaders are finally getting personalities. It's clear Game Freak actually likes them as they didn't give Team Rocket the same treatment.

They tried to. They kind of implied Ariana is Silver's mother (nothing in-game states this except for the fact that they share the same blood-red hair color, she's Giovanni's right-hand girl, and Giovanni's Silver's father...) and they tried to flesh out the other two or three, but failed.

I personally like that Tabitha is... menacing. Makes up for the fact that he's no longer hot. :) (Seriously, though?! Matt keeps his hot body and Tabitha gets chubbified?! OH HELL NO! [/meltdown])

At first we were like "He used to be so hot, now he's a fat geek! :bawl:"

But it turns out underneath his pudgy exterior is something...sinister...

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom