• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon that deserves a mega-evolution

Here's my personal wants for Mega's:

-Dragonite (Dragon/Water)

-Butterfree (Bug/Psychic)

-Mew (Psychic/Fairy)

-Pikachu/Raichu (Electric/Steel, or pure Electric)

-Lugia (Water/Dragon if Mega's are allowed complete type changes)

-Lapras (Water or Water/Dragon)

I would like to Dragonite get a mega evolution. I also like to see a Mega Hydreigon that is covered in steel and is Steel/Dragon. Mega Milotic as Water/Fairy, Mega Flygon (I know, they have trouble making it), Mega Meganium as Grass/Fairy, Mega Typlosion as Fire/Dark, Mega Feraligatr as Water/Dragon and Mega Goodra with Dragon/Water.

Arcanine! Maybe in the future since Pidgeot got one too - and my dream world just can't stop telling me that Arcanine would have a winged mega.

I'm curious about Hydreigon and Haxorus if they get a mega in the future. Since Hydreigon was supposed to be based on tanks and Haxorus has that armor and colors... maybe if either or both got a mega form, it would be closer to the original concept (as I suppose they were originally one Pokemon concept split into Axew- and Deino- lines)?

Ledian and Ariados deserve a mega, Luxray too! Would be curious about Dragonite and if it got a mega, what would it look like? Well, since Diantha has that Gardevoir and Steven that Metagross, Cynthia's Garchomp... it would just make sense that Lance's signature Pokemon got one in the future too!

Waitwhat? All dragons are really going to get mega-forms?? D:

Silverwynde said:
I'd love nothing more than to see Golurk get a Mega.
I want a badass Transformer mega for Golurk, too. :')

Well, Milotic, for one, could use a Mega. There's also Corsola, who I always admired for its fairly unique design, despite its abyssmal stats. Omastar, too, could use some love. While it is already effective in the rain, I always loved its design and I definitely want to see an improved version of it. Finally, Roserade. Always thought it was a sick design and its stats were still pretty good at some point, although today I have no idea how it fares anymore but in any case, I'd love to see it get a Mega to make it more offensive.

Ledian. +80 Attack, +20 Speed. Iron Fist as an Ability, like how Blaziken's Speed Boost transfers over from being a HA.

It serves no real purpose on base Ledian with that 35 Attack Stat, but it gets a-lot of Punching moves that could see more usage in a Mega Evolution. Game Freak pls.

Ledian is incredibly weak as it is, even with the +100 and Iron Fist its stats would still be incredibly lacking for an offensive Bug. For an Iron Fist Mega Ledian to be worth using Iron Fist would need to be massively buffed - 20% boost is awful compared to the likes of Strong Jaw/Mega Launcher (50%) and even Sheer Force/Tough Claws (30%), especially when you're working with such terrible stats as Ledian's and no held item. If it were to result in having 115 Attack + 105 Speed with 20% from Iron Fist, like you suggest, it really offers nothing well over the other Bug Megas and even some non-Megas: It's not particularly strong (not super weak, but still nothing noteworthy especially for a Mega) while having average Speed (ok 105 isn't that average, but it's really not good for something so frail + weak).

However, if they were to buff Iron Fist from 20% to 50% like other, similar abilities, then a stat spread like +90 Attack, +40 Speed and -30 Sp.Atk would be Ledian's best scenario for 55/125/50/25/110/125.

These damage calcs below are making Ledian Bug/Fighting and buffing Iron Fist to 50% with the stat spread I mentioned (base 125 Attack). And the result really isn't that bad at all compared to the other Mega Bugs when you think about where Ledian would have come from.
252 Atk Iron Fist Ledian Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hippowdon: 154-183 (43.1 - 51.2%) -- 5.5% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Adaptability Mega Beedrill U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hippowdon: 148-176 (41.4 - 49.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hippowdon: 214-253 (59.9 - 70.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Mega Heracross Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hippowdon: 222-262 (62.1 - 73.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

And a comparison of priority:
252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hippowdon: 84-100 (23.5 - 28%) -- 87% chance to 4HKO
252 Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hippowdon: 94-112 (26.3 - 31.3%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252 Atk Iron Fist Ledian Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hippowdon: 84-99 (23.5 - 27.7%) -- 76.8% chance to 4HKO
Not bad at all tbh. Sharing Bug/Fighting with Mega Heracross seems like a downside, but the Ledian would be a lot faster than it (125 vs 75) and, as you can see, has a priority move similar strength as Mega Pinsir.

However all this idea and theory is based on: one, them buffing Iron Fist to 50% and two, min-maxing Ledian massively. Both of which may never happen. It's why I prefer Huge Power + not so extreme stat boosts (though still somewhat extreme I guess, given its base 35 starting point) for Ledian, because that's at least possible with how things are now and would still make it usable. Huge Power might be boring, but at least it would fix an otherwise terrible Pokemon.

Sorry for the tl;dr but basically if Mega Ledian is to have Iron Fist, they NEED to buff Iron Fist to 50% and min-max Ledian (and min-max it hard) for it to be worth using. I do like the idea of Iron Fist, but the idea is too reliant on Game Freak actually buffing it because 20% is not very good on something that's already weak and has low base power moves. Without the buff it wouldn't be a very good Mega (with Iron Fist) at all.

But honestly, Iron Fist should be boosted regardless of this Mega Ledian idea, because 20% is embarrassing compared to the other abilities I mentioned earlier in this... essay.

Last edited:
I've seen em posted a few times but I'd also really like to see Bisharp and Starmie recieve them.
Bisharp though, I'd honestly like to see just evolve. Go from Pawn to Bishop to King, raise it's def and spdef, maybe make it a little slower.
Starmie could obviously just gain speed and spatk, Maybe change it's water type to an ice type and have it turn into a crystalized look, or change the psychic to fairy, and have the gem coloring spread to the rest of it, and now i'm thinking maybe change one of the types, i can't decide which to steel, and have that gold setting the gem is in envelop the whole body, if thats the case maybe bump the def and spdef instead of speed and spatk.
I'd also really like to see one for Exploud, add a second type, maybe steel or electric to stick with the speaker theme, and an ability to increase sound based moves damage by 50% or add a paralysis chance to all of em (obviously that would create an issue with Sing and similar moves, but I'm not even sure if he can learn those)
Ninetales could definitely use it, maybe do a visual upgrade with flowing locks like Cincinno. If we're doing that throw one for Arcanine too. Maybe add Dark or Normal typing, or maybe fighting and boost his Atk.
Tropius as well would be interesting, though I can't come up with a good appearance for him.
Galvantula would also be pretty cool to upgrade, I love the bug electric mix, but his stats could use an improvement.

I know it's a fairly new Pokemon but I'd love to see Gourgeist get a mega. ;') Not necessarily for anything other then a cool design right at the moment but still. ^^ And like others said Milotic and Roserade. I would also LOVE to see a Mega for Xerneas or even Yveltal. ♥ Like I said, all of these are primarily for design but eh. :D

The newly announced, useless Dragonite event just reminded me that our loveable cutesy dragon still doesn't have a Mega.

The newly announced, useless Dragonite event just reminded me that our loveable cutesy dragon still doesn't have a Mega.

Wait for Lance to use it when we return to Kanto ;)

All the other starters should get theirs, I mean, Charizard has two :O , also I'd really love to see Froslass getting a mega, it's my fav pkmn, and also Glalie got one already, so Froslass should get it, the same way both Gardevoir and Gallade did

All the other starters should get theirs, I mean, Charizard has two :O , also I'd really love to see Froslass getting a mega, it's my fav pkmn, and also Glalie got one already, so Froslass should get it, the same way both Gardevoir and Gallade did

I love Gallade's Mega, almost makes up for the stupid waist. Your avatar reminds me though, Mr. Mime could use one. That'd be good for it, as it's never seemed that great. Make it full Black and White Mime and give it an ability "Invisible Wall" or something, no one can switch out or flee or anything. Would be useful for hunting runners like the dogs or swords of justice or others that im forgetting

With all the other Dragons getting megas, Flygon was left behind. He could get +40 to attack and special attack, +30 to defense and special defense, a -40 to speed, and the ability Sand Force.

All starter Pokémon, all legendary mascots, all pseudo-legendary Pokémon, and all final stage Pokémon with a BST below 500. In order of priority.

With all the other Dragons getting megas, Flygon was left behind. He could get +40 to attack and special attack, +30 to defense and special defense, a -40 to speed, and the ability Sand Force.

But that would just be Mega Garchomp... with worse stats . M-Garchomp: 108/170/115/120/95/92 vs that M-Flygon: 80/140/110/120/110/60

Flygon should be faster and more nimble to differentiate itself from Garchomp. So give it like +30 Speed and then split the other 70 points between Attack and Sp.Atk in whatever fashion be it 35/35, 40/30 or whatever. So it would be 108/170/115/120/95/92 vs 80/140/80/110/80/130 for example. Makes them very different, instead of Flygon continually living in Garchomp's shadow.

Give it Arena Trap as a throwback to Trapinch (and also giving it a massive niche) or something like Compound Eyes to boost the accuracy of its moves like Dragon Rush, Stone Edge, Fire Blast etc since it's pretty Bug-like. Sand Force is pretty lame in general, as evident by Mega Chomp and Mega Steelix so I think Game Freak should stay away from that, even though it seems obvious to give it a sand-related ability (none of them would help it enough).

Also they should give Flygon some boosting moves like Swords Dance, Dragon Dance or heck even Quiver Dance since it's very Bug-like. Just anything :(

But that would just be Mega Garchomp... with worse stats . M-Garchomp: 108/170/115/120/95/92 vs that M-Flygon: 80/140/110/120/110/60

Flygon should be faster and more nimble to differentiate itself from Garchomp. So give it like +30 Speed and then split the other 70 points between Attack and Sp.Atk in whatever fashion be it 35/35, 40/30 or whatever. So it would be 108/170/115/120/95/92 vs 80/140/80/110/80/130 for example. Makes them very different, instead of Flygon continually living in Garchomp's shadow.

Give it Arena Trap as a throwback to Trapinch (and also giving it a massive niche) or something like Compound Eyes to boost the accuracy of its moves like Dragon Rush, Stone Edge, Fire Blast etc since it's pretty Bug-like. Sand Force is pretty lame in general, as evident by Mega Chomp and Mega Steelix so I think Game Freak should stay away from that, even though it seems obvious to give it a sand-related ability (none of them would help it enough).

Also they should give Flygon some boosting moves like Swords Dance, Dragon Dance or heck even Quiver Dance since it's very Bug-like. Just anything :(

Nah mate. It should be bug/dragon with speed boost.

I want Rapidash to grow wings, Fire/Fairy, Gale Wings ability with a few new Flying moves to abuse it with, make it white with a spiral horn and golden hooves and stats of
120(+20)
85(+15)
120(+40)
95(+15)
115(+10)

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom