• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
RGBY Kanto in 3D would be incredibly small, Saffron is the largest City there and it's not even as big as Castelia.

Then I guess, get set to get Mauville'd, Saffron City.

Last edited:
I feel I should put my two cents in because I have a theory about why the games seem to add and remove features and such.

the First facet of this theory would be because of the regions themselves, as they are based on real world locations. Now think of how many cities and towns have monuments and attractions you could only see there (Mt Rushmore, The Northern Light, the Eiffel Tower,The Great Wall). While landmarks are a factor in gameplay I think part of GF's mix and match of features if based on something similar. That there are certain things you can only do in certain regions (In other words Customization really was a Kalos thing)

This is related to the other facet. Even without the RL influence it seems apparent that Game Freak would want to keep the regions unique. Keeping features like secret bases, contests and yes, even character customization is part of that. As while the roster poke available pokemon be unique it woudn't really matter to people who already completed the pokedex (okay it would matter in that case for people that are playing in the new region, but completing the national) pokedex now would still give a head start In other words; game freak doesn't think the roster distinguished the region enough)

Basically The adding and removal of features are deliberate to make the regions (and thus the games) unique.

Yes, this is a very important thing for Game Freak, they don´t want their game Regions to become boring. By not passing important features to newer regions, GF keeps their previous regions desirable. And what does that mean? Those regions are requested by the fan- base to be remade, which leads us to REMAKES.

Remakes are a very important part of Game Freak´s strategy. When great features like Super Bases, Contest Spectaculars, etc, are Exclusive to Hoenn, the only way to bring them back is... YES, REMAKING THE REGION!

Basically, if all features could be found in all games, REMAKES would be useless. A very small amount of people would buy remakes to play things that are included in every Pokemon Game. But with exclusiveness, Remade games become as desired as a new region game! Which means they become economically just as important and just as beneficial for GF.

Game Freak are being very smart here, from an economic point of view.

Last edited:
There's a direct this Sunday. Watch them pull a new Pokemon game announcement out of nowhere just a few weeks before E3

It's apparently focusing on all ready revealed games for he 3ds and wii u. At best we'll get something on super mystery dungeon.

There's a direct this Sunday. Watch them pull a new Pokemon game announcement out of nowhere just a few weeks before E3

It's apparently focusing on all ready revealed games for he 3ds and wii u. At best we'll get something on super mystery dungeon.

I heard it's focusing on games revealed for the 3DS and Wii U that are coming out for the summer.

I feel I should put my two cents in because I have a theory about why the games seem to add and remove features and such.

the First facet of this theory would be because of the regions themselves, as they are based on real world locations. Now think of how many cities and towns have monuments and attractions you could only see there (Mt Rushmore, The Northern Light, the Eiffel Tower,The Great Wall). While landmarks are a factor in gameplay I think part of GF's mix and match of features if based on something similar. That there are certain things you can only do in certain regions (In other words Customization really was a Kalos thing)

This is related to the other facet. Even without the RL influence it seems apparent that Game Freak would want to keep the regions unique. Keeping features like secret bases, contests and yes, even character customization is part of that. As while the roster poke available pokemon be unique it woudn't really matter to people who already completed the pokedex (okay it would matter in that case for people that are playing in the new region, but completing the national) pokedex now would still give a head start In other words; game freak doesn't think the roster distinguished the region enough)

Basically The adding and removal of features are deliberate to make the regions (and thus the games) unique.

Yes, this is a very important thing for Game Freak, they don´t want their game Regions to become boring. By not passing important features to newer regions, GF keeps their previous regions desirable. And what does that mean? Those regions are requested by the fan- base to be remade, which leads us to REMAKES.

Remakes are a very important part of Game Freak´s strategy. When great features like Super Bases, Contest Spectaculars, etc, are Exclusive to Hoenn, the only way to bring them back is... YES, REMAKING THE REGION!

Basically, if all features could be found in all games, REMAKES would be useless. A very small amount of people would buy remakes to play things that are included in every Pokemon Game. But with exclusiveness, Remade games become as desired as a new region game! Which means they become economically just as important and just as beneficial for GF.

I feel like there's ways they can do that without cutting content...

Unova and Kalos for example have their own variants of the Battle Tower, which are essentially redesigns made to fit into the region's style. (with some updates here and there)

Sinnoh is probably the best example. It has Secret Bases, but they're underground. Which sorta fits to me, since Sinnoh is heavy on mountain ranges, caves, and dungeons. They also introduced a new Battle Frontier with new facilities and rules, and new Pokemon Contests.

Caitlin in Gen 5 speaks about how her Battle Castles can be visited in Johto and Sinnoh. From an in-universe standpoint, I would say that the HGSS port of the Sinnoh Frontier is comparable to big name theme parks having different establishments in various states/countries.

etc.

Its fine to have dedicated monuments and region specific areas, but some of this stuff has already been in multiple games. (Even Custom Avatars, if we count PBR.) And if they want to make it unique, they can do that in the same fashion that they've done with Sinnoh, Unova, or Kalos and redesign it a little around the region.

Last edited:
Exactly. For example the pokeathlon could have been treated like the olynpics, with its return every 3rd/remake/sequel akin to the real world 4 year gap for the olympics, with diferrent or updated sports for it. Makes me really sad they just slapped together the target practicing minigame for super training instead of implementing EV training into an updated pokeathlon. Nothing justifies content cutting, especially the removal of chaning clothes. What, are the Hoennitea so fashoon inept that they only have one outfit?

Unova and Kalos for example have their own variants of the Battle Tower, which are essentially redesigns made to fit into the region's style. (with some updates here and there)

Sinnoh is probably the best example. It has Secret Bases, but they're underground. Which sorta fits to me, since Sinnoh is heavy on mountain ranges, caves, and dungeons. They also introduced a new Battle Frontier with new facilities and rules, and new Pokemon Contests.

Caitlin in Gen 5 speaks about how her Battle Castles can be visited in Johto and Sinnoh. From an in-universe standpoint, I would say that the HGSS port of the Sinnoh Frontier is comparable to big name theme parks having different establishments in various states/countries.

etc.

Its fine to have dedicated monuments and region specific areas, but some of this stuff has already been in multiple games. (Even Custom Avatars, if we count PBR.) And if they want to make it unique, they can do that in the same fashion that they've done with Sinnoh, Unova, or Kalos and redesign it a little around the region.

Yes, I agree major features can be included in different regions if they change the design to give them a unique feeling for each region. But this way you would still have acess to those features in EVERY GAME, and that would still make remakes a bit less desirable: Secret Bases in Kalos, with a different name and design would still be secret bases. So that would still stop many players from buyin remakes. Same with say, Poke Athlon.

And Sinnoh´s underground and Contests are said to be quite inferior to Hoenn´s ones,or that´s what most players think anyway.

I agree with your idea, but I understand why GF doesn´t do it very often.

However, major features like Soaring, Customisation or difficulty modes should be general, and not region exclusive. But I feel GF will keep them region exclusive. Cause they take a lot of time to be done in EVERY game (all together... and in 3D), and putting them in the same game would be quite a hard work. And Game Freak are lazy... and economically inteligent

Last edited:
Soooo, I'm not the only one who wants the Super Variation of Cosplay Pikachu to be in the next games, which would mean contests, right? Cause although I hated the idea, I love the look of thing.

Soooo, I'm not the only one who wants the Super Variation of Cosplay Pikachu to be in the next games, which would mean contests, right? Cause although I hated the idea, I love the look of thing.

I wish it was in the games, but even if it was, Cosplay Pikachu is Generation 6 only, sadly.

etc.

Yes, I agree major features can be included in different regions if they change the design to give them a unique feeling for each region. But this way you would still have acess to those features in EVERY GAME, and that would still make remakes a bit less desirable: Secret Bases in Kalos, with a different name and design would still be secret bases. So that would still stop many players from buyin remakes. Same with say, Poke Athlon.

And Sinnoh´s underground and Contests are said to be quite inferior to Hoenn´s ones,or that´s what most players think anyway.

However, major features like Soaring, Customisation or difficulty modes should be general, and not region exclusive. But I feel GF will keep them region exclusive. Cause they take a lot of time to be done in EVERY game (all together ad in 3D), and putting them in the same game would be quite a hard work. And Game Freak are lazy... and economically inteligent

I can understand some features not returning, but that doesn't mean that GF should be so minimalist in their model. While you didn't need everything, that doesn't excuse XY for being completely barren compared to the previous games, which managed to have content in their games even when they substituted out some features for others. Similarly, with some features like Customization, which was a feature that many games nowadays has and it's extremely popular in XY despite its shortcomings, had very little reason to be nixed between XY and ORAS when the feature was present in the game right before it. I bet you a lot of people would still buy XY remakes or even Z/XY2 even if customization existed in ORAS and every game onwards.

Also, while GF may have been doing this dance before, but that doesn't mean that it's not gotten worse or that it's something that should be accepted with every little change they do. Some features can be put in new games without the potential remakes suffering too much from them drawing from it. For instance, we could have difficulty modes implemented in each game and people would still buy BW remakes because there are other things about Unova that attracted people to it before like the story and characters, same with DP. Also by doing so, that feature would greatly benefit the franchise because then you add something that could be improved on and allow for more options in the franchise for every fan to enjoy. However, by ignoring features like that, they hinder their own franchise and don't allow that feature to help it grow, there are more benefits to allowing players to play the game they see fit then just leaving only one path to enjoy (especially when you consider how much easier the difficulty is made). Plus, there are other ways to keep attention such as Blazing White Yang's idea and the new incentives that the remakes give out like the Poketriathlon for HGSS, or Megas and other such forms. So those games can live with some of their features becoming permanent in the franchise, and we shouldn't have features that would benefit the franchise in so many ways get left behind because they need to think about the remake almost 10 years from the original's creation.

Last edited:

etc.

However, major features like Soaring, Customisation or difficulty modes should be general, and not region exclusive. But I feel GF will keep them region exclusive. Cause they take a lot of time to be done in EVERY game (all together ad in 3D), and putting them in the same game would be quite a hard work. And Game Freak are lazy... and economically inteligent

I can understand some features not returning, but that doesn't mean that GF should be so minimalist in their model. While you didn't need everything, that doesn't excuse XY for being completely barren compared to the previous games, which managed to have content in their games even when they substituted out some features for others. Similarly, with some features like Customization, which was a feature that many games nowadays has and it's extremely popular in XY despite its shortcomings, had very little reason to be nixed between XY and ORAS when the feature was present in the game right before it. I bet you a lot of people would still buy XY remakes or even Z/XY2 even if customization existed in ORAS and every game onwards.

Really, GF may have been doing this dance before, but that doesn't mean that it's not gotten worse or that it's something that should be accepted with every little change they do. Some features can be put in new games without the potential remakes suffering too much from them drawing from it. We could have difficulty modes implemented in each game and people would still buy BW remakes because there are other things about Unova that attracted people to it before like the story and characters, same with DP. Plus there are new incentives that the remakes give out like the Poketriathlon for HGSS, or Megas and other such forms, that will give people a reason to buy those games. So those games can live with some of their features becoming permanent in the franchise, and we shouldn't have features that would benefit the franchise in so many ways get left behind because they need to think about the remake almost 10 years from the original's creation.

I repeat the last parragraph from my previous message: "However, major features like Soaring, Customisation or difficulty modes should be general, and not region exclusive. But I feel GF will keep them region exclusive. Cause they take a lot of time to be done in EVERY game (all together... and in 3D), and putting them in the same game would be quite a hard work. And Game Freak are lazy... and economically inteligent."

Basically, I mean it´s hard and they are lazy.

Last edited:

I heard it's focusing on games revealed for the 3DS and Wii U that are coming out for the summer.

Even though it will most likely FOCUS on games like Yoshi's Wooly World, Fire Emblem If, Xenoblade Chronicles X, StarFox, and maybe even Zelda U, it's possible they could still announce some sort of game at the very end of the Direct. I'm sure they'll also have information on Super Mystery Dungeon, since it was announced with little to no info whatsoever.

EDIT: Just saw that it is a JAPANESE Direct. That means FE, SMT x FE, Xeno, and SMD for sure.

The sympathetic villains like N, Archie, Maxie and Lysandre seem to have happy endings.

Sympathetic Villain and Lysandre do not go together in a sentence imo. He wasn't a sympathetic villain at all.

He wanted to help the world be better. He wanted to make sure everyone had equal access to resources and beauty and life. But he was disappointed time and again by the bitterness of man, and even shed a tear when faced with the realization that he would inevitably wipe out all Pokémon with his plan. That to me makes him the most sympathetic out of all the villains, especially since neither Archie or Maxie cried in OR/AS, despite regretting what they had done.

Wait wait, I know this is more a personal opinion, but whether they cried or not shouldn't be the standard basis for being sympathetic. For all we know, Archie could have been crying inside all along but never showed it since he's supposed to be the tough leader for his team. At least the Hoenn villains were being the adults they were and apologized for their actions and tried to aid the protagonist during the crisis.

Lysandre's intentions weren't exactly evil, but he never really understood what it would mean to wipe out the earth of all living things. I guess his foolish belief that "killing everyone is the only solution" can be a reason to pity him (since he was pretty much driven to the point of despair), but in the end he's tried to kill the protagonist on the spot in Y version.

That being said, I don't know if the next villain should be Lysandre. A platinum-ish story expansion is welcome, but a more relatable villain could be better. Or someone downright evil like Ghetsis.

That being said, I don't know if the next villain should be Lysandre. A platinum-ish story expansion is welcome, but a more relatable villain could be better. Or someone downright evil like Ghetsis.

Well we could add Cipher to the mix as a similarly named Kalosian branch (something to the effect of Sifr) Surely they'd be interested in the Ultimate Weapon's effects and mixing that with Shadow Pokemon and there is still that redheaded dude wanting to revive Cipher at the end of XD

I made a blog post about this, but all 720 in PSMD means no Volcanion. Now, that could mean its not playable and its reveal is sometime in the fall afterwards, or like I said in my blog, Volcanion is the February surprise for movie 19 and its reveal is way off. That is not the big bit. Zygarde, which has been shafted for two years now in all media is available obviously. And in a game that has legendaries central to the plot. I dunno if this is a first or if the same happened with giratina in EoT/EoD, but its still interesting. With no Volcanion till 2016, and Zygarde finally popping up elsewhere outside of XY, I do think we are close to something. Close is relative though, the above makes me think I was right, we are looking towards early 2016 the earliest for a reveal, let alone a release.

I made a blog post about this, but all 720 in PSMD means no Volcanion. Now, that could mean its not playable and its reveal is sometime in the fall afterwards, or like I said in my blog, Volcanion is the February surprise for movie 19 and its reveal is way off. That is not the big bit. Zygarde, which has been shafted for two years now in all media is available obviously. And in a game that has legendaries central to the plot. I dunno if this is a first or if the same happened with giratina in EoT/EoD, but its still interesting. With no Volcanion till 2016, and Zygarde finally popping up elsewhere outside of XY, I do think we are close to something. Close is relative though, the above makes me think I was right, we are looking towards early 2016 the earliest for a reveal, let alone a release.

The same thing happened with Giratina. Platinum came out in September 2008 whilst Explorers of Time/Darkness came out September 2007 (for japan). Nothing special happens with Giratina in the game, no hints or anything as can be seen here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3rOKVZJL6Q

So yeah I agree with you that main series games next year is quite likely. That said, it appears Masuda is going to e3...?
https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/605005264404647936

https://mobile.twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/605005264404647936
Sorry for the double post, but even at two weeks away, Masuda in LA is proper pre E3 hype madness. I mean it, no matter what trips this man does, LA trip now? I don't even know anymore.

Edit: Right, samething with Giratina, nothing suspicious then. But I am not the only one with Masuda at E3 thoughts. God damn it, this is why I love this season, its pure joy!

They can always include Volcanion and the future forms/Mega Evolutions/possible Primal Reversions as DLC in the future.

Maybe Volcanion is the main villain in PSMD and will be distributed through it like Manaphy was through Ranger? They just wait to reveal it after the Hoopa Movie premiers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom