• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Back to Basics! Endgame(28/6/2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Back to Basics! Day 1(16/6/2015)

@HeroicPooch; He did it to root out a mafioso. Pikachu's plan messed it up though. He can also protect himself. He can even get an alliance with the cop later on, if he gets trusted. It wasn't the best thing to do, but now it happened, and since the Pikachu case will be resolved soon, it might not be as bad as we think...

Well, if I were to change my vote, Pikachu is only one of the other two people I am watching so... *shrug* I haven't seen enough evidence against those two yet.

Not that my vote really matters. I mean, there have been enough people voting Pikachu to override my vote no matter what I choose to do.

Not that my vote really matters. I mean, there have been enough people voting Pikachu to override my vote no matter what I choose to do.
I never agreed with this comment, which I've seen many times. It is a very good excuse for scum not to bandwagon over a mislynch and seem like they are trying to hunt other people. Not that it matters if she flips mafia, though.

@Zexy; What do you think of Sword Master?

@Zexy; What do you think of Sword Master?
He sure is iffy, but since I don't remember exactly how he voted all this time, I'm going to backtrack as soon as the day is over to re-examine the situation whilst knowing Pikachu's allignment. But he is suspicious.

I never agreed with this comment, which I've seen many times. It is a very good excuse for scum not to bandwagon over a mislynch and seem like they are trying to hunt other people. Not that it matters if she flips mafia, though.
I have to admit that I'm not entirely sure what you mean.
@HeroicPooch; He did it to root out a mafioso. Pikachu's plan messed it up though. He can also protect himself. He can even get an alliance with the cop later on, if he gets trusted. It wasn't the best thing to do, but now it happened, and since the Pikachu case will be resolved soon, it might not be as bad as we think...
That's possible. I just don't buy it.

Yeah, they should know, but I think Tyler's point was like how he thinks the Mafia wouldn't give up one of their own to have a 50/50 chance. I disagree though since I think it's worth the chance and the confusion.
Exactly. I think the confusion is what Tyler was counting on, personally.

Which is why the doctor coming out so early is, in my opinion, counter intuitive. (I hope thats spelled right) That's why i don't believe your claim.

If you really are the doctor, then by coming out, you've increased your chance of being NK'd to 99%.

I can understand and forgive Tyler since he's apparently new, it was too quick but I think it makes sense for him to do it. Soulmaster said the Doctor can protect themselves, although this makes it really difficult to protect anyone else.

Tyler and myself both have the disadvantage of being new.. but I have to assume he's read all the same strategy guides I have, the ones that are stickied in this very forum.

I think your point is a very valid one. If the doctor outs himself and then protects himself from the mafia, it's pretty much a wasted power for that night.

It's pretty much a wasted power from every night. The only good thing that comes out of this is that since the Doctor is a "named" role, we can agree that he is cleared if there exist no counterclaims (especially if Pikachu turns maf).

Oh, I also meant that some people say that they don't join the bandwagon since their vote doesn't count as there are already too many votes, when the real reason they do it is so that they won't be suspected if the bandwagon turns out to be a mislynch. They can say, on the contrary "Told ya she is town! You should focus on X who is suspicious instead!"

So I've come back from my sleep time and read the thread. This is what I think so far.

unvote: flopjack

While I'm still cautious of you I'm thinking you can't possibly do much right now.

Vote: Heroic Pooch

You come in and suddenly vote for a person who claimed doctor, which many of us said would not be wise even if he was mafia. We need to keep all our power roles intact, even if it means keeping some mafia alive. I would forgive you because you're new, but because you're new I have all the more reason to suspect you.

As for pikachu I still think her lynch would help us.

Oh and @HeroicPooch;

I have to go as well... I'm not sure whether I'll be back before the update or not, although I'll most probably be.

I haven't gotten those impressions from Heroic, I think he genuinely views Tyler as scummy and is acting on it and expressing it. It's normal to mistake inexperience for scumminess, and when you don't have experience with this kind of thing it becomes easier to think it's scumminess. Although, it's possible to mistake scumminess for inexperience as well, which is why I think the point he brought up about TylerM is fair, but not good to vote him. When If The_Pikachu flips Mafia, I think he should completely drop it unless another counterclaim comes. His latest post is kind of odd to me, though, but I guess understandable that he doesn't know what to say. I also don't understand how there isn't "enough" evidence on The_Pikachu though??

also check this out

the reason why I claimed that I knew the doctor is that I want to get Night Killed instead of a PR such as you getting NK'ed.

If this is what The_Pikachu really wanted, to get Nightkilled, she wouldn't have been saying in post #159 that the Doctor told her they'd protect her! i could make a novel with this

@HumanDawn; While that does look scummy, I just see it as regular pikachu behavior (from what I've seen). As for pooch he's new so I don't really have a read on him, and as far as I can tell he's as suspicious as SM right now.

@HumanDawn; While that does look scummy, I just see it as regular pikachu behavior (from what I've seen). As for pooch he's new so I don't really have a read on him, and as far as I can tell he's as suspicious as SM right now.

Maybe it's regular in her beginning days, but I think she became a much better player to do something as bad as this as Town, and honestly to me it comes off to me like she was trying to manipulate Tyler in her PM.

I also don't understand how there isn't "enough" evidence on The_Pikachu though??

I just see it as regular pikachu behavior (from what I've seen).

This is pretty much what i am trying to figure out, Is it regular pikachu behaviour and the voting against her is a bandwagon created by the mafia? Or is she mafia and using confusion to her advantage.

While that does look scummy, I just see it as regular pikachu behavior (from what I've seen). As for pooch he's new so I don't really have a read on him, and as far as I can tell he's as suspicious as SM right now.

As for pikachu I still think her lynch would help us.
Regular Pikachu behavior, so you think she's Town, but you also think her lynch will help us? You think a "Town" lynch will help us?

I'm sure it's a town lynch as much as a mafia lynch.
What?

@TylerM; I have said this a few times, I will say it again. Lynches are beneficial, no lynch would get us nowhere. If the pikachu is town, then we have one less person to search. Of course a mislynch is bad, don't get me wrong, but a no lynch means there is no chance to get mafia, and mafia get a Nightkill.

I would defend the pikachu if there was any evidence to do so, but there isn't. This means that I'd defend the pikachu on my gut feeling or a mere hunch. I'm sure unless I have hard evidence many people wouldn't turn.

So there seem to be votes on Flopjack for no reason. TylerM for some reason initially trusted The_Pikachu to not be Mafia despite lying for no good reason, all to bait a Doctor claim for the chance that a scum one would claim first, even though I've practically written a thesis in this game as to why early claim outings are terrible and should not be encouraged, and The_Pikachu then shows that she had no plan of what to say in case a counterclaim did end up happening with having the Doctor counterclaim tell her, with the counterclaim being what she wanted to achieve, since she says herself she even made it in the first place to get scum to likely claim first, but then just trusts TylerM even though from her plan and her logic only scum would probably counterclaim first if they were to ever counterclaim her imaginary Doctor claimer.

So how is The_Pikachu possibly Town? She's not, and even though I know it looks pointless to say this because the majority of the votes are already on her anyway, I wanted to make a vent post as to how bad and nonsensical the play is from a Town member's perspective to give me ease throughout the remaining hours of this phase that it's impossible that a Town member would do this, unless they wanted a Day 1 deathwish.

HeroicPooch brings up a fair point. It's also why early outings are terrible because it brings in difficulty to just easily trust it. EDIT: Although when if The_Pikachu flips Mafia, it should be much easier to trust Tyler since I still doubt two Mafia would lie so much to get a Doctor killed when that would mean 1 power role dead for the sake of half of their team, especially in the beginning of the game.

Since I'd like to try do more in this phase, I'm going to UNVOTE: The_Pikachu(please, for the love of all that is holy, all that is good, all that is a pure cinnamon, too good, too pure for this world don't tell me i'm being inconsistent and contradicting myself) and VOTE: Sword Master to show how serious I am of thinking of potentially lynching him Day 2 if I manage to live past N1. Like I said earlier but I don't think anyone gave any opinion on when I asked about it(Zexy might have probably said something), which I might have missed in the whole counterclaim confusion, he only voted, and then unvoted when called out on it, and when I ask him for any plans he's got to give me something to chew on, he says he just doesn't have any and will just follow any ones he finds good, without saying anything else, or even explaining what this "good" is, which is incredibly vague and unhelpful as not everyone has the same view on what is good or not, and that just gives him the leeway of never having to be called out on not doing anything when he's not following a "good plan".
Wait, what why are you voting for me just because I don't have a plan or opinion(yet). I need to catch up on the thread and see which plan has a greater chance of Lynching scum. I think that you voted for me as I am a newbie and I was inactive and I will be easier to lynch.Also it sounds like you threatening me with a lynch on D2.
Vote:Human Dawn
I think you voted me as I am a newbie and I will roll over meaning a easy lynch for you and scummy friends but NO I WILL NOT YET YOU WIN YOU PIECE OF SCUM, HUMAN DAWN!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom