• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just readan insane theory that could not only work, but could well mean that Hoenn and AZ will be plot points central to the next games. When you capture/beat one of the primals in ORAS, as you stand near the tree, you see a huge green wave that diversifies the ecosystem of Hoenn.in this trailer, the littlebuggers combining drawsin the vines, making them grow.

So what if that green wave was these little guys' powers? Did AZ do it on purpose? And if they have the power to actually bring Pokemon back to Hoenn, wouldn't that mean that new Pokemon can easily be justified in game for Kalos? Like perhaps the protags put thelegendary back into slumber,and something similar happens, and then bam, 5 months later new Pokemon running about. Even if not, the speculation of Zygarde having that much power, gets me excited, I dont think GF everwent this far to connect various games and the lore.

Edit: Wait a god damn minute, the trailer has them forming a tree, like an actual plant. What if Zygarde's power is not just balancing the ecosystem, but being the ecosystem? Lile actually being plants, and trees? Wouldn't that mean when the ultimate weapon fired, that possibly Zygarde couldn't do much because its cells, which are in turn the planets cells, got so damaged it couldn't power up? That would be fucking insane if the plot ends up with another attack on the planet only woth Zygarde now prepared, having it absorb power from the planet. That would also literally mean that infinite energy and mega evolution could literally be the power of Zygarde, and it could possibly be why megas exist in the first place. Because the ultimate weapon unintendedly drew from Zygarde itself, and spread its power to all Pokemon. Holy shit would it be amazing if this turns out to be at least half close to the plot.

I think you may be on to something, and whoever else posted that theory. Something interesting to note in the trailer is that Chespin is glowing green when it's next to the Boogers(which I'm assuming are being experimented on by Team Flare scientists?). Not only that, but the experimental "landscape" that they seem to be in appears barren and without life, with 3 of the 4 Boogers knocked unconscious. The balance of an ecosystem not only includes plants, but living creatures as well. After considering all of this and taking your theory of Zygarde being related to Infinite Energy, I came up with something.

WARNING: Crack-pot Theory coming right up with a side of Arby's Curly Fries, because I'm starving and craving Arby's Curly Fries.

What if we get not one, not two, but three different Mega-Forms of Zygarde? How? By having the Boogers AND Zygarde merge with your Starter Pokémon. Let's say in the climax of the games that Team Flare or whoever does succeed and Kalos does become laid to waste, and the only living things left standing are you, your Pokémon team, Team Flare, Original Zygarde, and Boogers. Boogers can't possibly merge with humans, right? That leaves the surviving Pokémon that are left. Instead of getting separate Mega-Evolutions for the Kalos starters, what if we get a Form change of Zygarde that involves the starters instead? The Form that you get of Zygarde depends on the Kalos Starter that you merge it with. Zygarde would then get a dual-typing change of Dragon/Water, Dragon/Grass, and Dragon/Fire. Water, Grass, and Fire are near-perfect representations of the beginning elements of life, no?

Chespin just has overgrow activated, its probably not related to the zyminions. And if anything is indicative of formes, its the hexagon. I said it before red hexagon zyminions trigger Arrow Zygarde for Yveltal control, and blue Zyminions for Wave Zygarde and Xerneas control. The color is version exclusive, based on mhich one was first used to power the ultimate weapon.

So Malva's going to be in Mega Evolution Act 4? I might be getting a little ahead of myself here, but I think that implies two things:

1. Malva plays a major role in the next game
2. The next game is going to be XY2 and not Z, since it'd be difficult to give her said role in XY's story.

Or it could be a midquel. Not Z, which would follow Serena/Calem's journey and defeat Lysandre, but rather a midquel heavily integrating the characters X/Y barely touched upon.

The midquel could feature someone taking on Malva while Serena/Calem is taking on Lysandre, which would not only expand upon Kalos' lackluster plot, but could give more character development to the people were barely saw in X/Y (Emma, Sina, Dexio, Sycamore, Diantha, Gurkinn, etc.) Shoot, it could even introduce the Rhyhorn Racing Track Northeast of Santalune City and some dance studio somewhere for Tierno to join.

Huh. Interesting news with our blobby friend.

By the way, on the back of the boxart on D/P, it says "Welcome to the next generation of Pokemon!":

http://gamefiles.alphacoders.com/boxart/original/back/1539-1.jpg

So they have used generation officially....

Well, then. That settles that.

If Malva is indeed the new protagonist, then it would be the first time a female was the leader of an evil organization. I just hope she renames Team Flare, but with her involvement with Lysandre she probably won't give the new team a new name. But maybe she is so disappointed with XY's Team Flare she decides to do everything from scratch. Here's hoping!

Ariana from the Johto games says hello. ;)

Her and the 3 other Rocket Executives didn't have anybody above them, though. We're talking about a singular head figure as Boss, so even though what you say about Ariana is true, she doesn't really count towards what we're talking about.

Or it could be a midquel. Not Z, which would follow Serena/Calem's journey and defeat Lysandre, but rather a midquel heavily integrating the characters X/Y barely touched upon.

The midquel could feature someone taking on Malva while Serena/Calem is taking on Lysandre, which would not only expand upon Kalos' lackluster plot, but could give more character development to the people were barely saw in X/Y (Emma, Sina, Dexio, Sycamore, Diantha, Gurkinn, etc.) Shoot, it could even introduce the Rhyhorn Racing Track Northeast of Santalune City and some dance studio somewhere for Tierno to join.

An interquel certainly would be a change of pace, and could yield a shock value similar to B2W2 in that regard. Also, may as well throw in the "other group of people asking similar questions a few years ago" from Anistar City.

I don't think it is particularly likely, but I would be up for it nonetheless.

Seeing the footage from the Special's trailer has me slightly more convinced that the blobmon is a Pokemon all it's own. I feel like they wouldn't give it such an interesting personality if it didn't come into it's own being. Although I suppose I could b wrong and when the special actually airs it could b as interesting as a wet log hahaha Even still I'm willing to stick firmly to it being a new Pokemon bc in some way I really do want gen 6.5 to happen lol

Just to be clear: none of the released information directly refers to the green blob as a new Pokémon. CoroCoro referred to it as 'little, green guy' and asked 'Is this a Pokémon?' whereas the information for Act IV asks 'what is this green, Pokémon-like thing?'.

That trailer is immense.

When I first heard about this green blob thingy before Zygarde appeared in the trailer I was sure it was related, then I saw the red blob inside and had doubts, now you can actually see on the backs of these things, a dark Hexagon, so imo that confirms a link to Zygarde.

I think these could be Zygotes, and think there almost certainly will be a Blue counterpart to these things. Zygarde Zygote X and Zygarde Zygote Y. Which makes sense as they always reveal the Y first. (The very first trailer Yveltal appeared before Xerneas, Mewtwo Y and Charizard Y both shown before their X counterparts.

I hope these blobs are actual mons.

Heck a lot of those blobs were laying face down, so you couldn't see their bellys, maybe some of them were blue?

For people out there in the Interwebz who still insist that the monolith shadow looks "too different" to be a Zygarde Form/Mega: Remoraid evolves into Octillery, and they look nothing alike.

Her and the 3 other Rocket Executives didn't have anybody above them, though. We're talking about a singular head figure as Boss, so even though what you say about Ariana is true, she doesn't really count towards what we're talking about.

Well, she both counts and doesn't count. She is in charge because there's no one above her, but she's also not in charge because she shares her position with the three other executives. But she's also the only female to hold any position of power in an evil Team in all six generations, so I'd count her.

An interquel certainly would be a change of pace, and could yield a shock value similar to B2W2 in that regard. Also, may as well throw in the "other group of people asking similar questions a few years ago" from Anistar City.

I don't think it is particularly likely, but I would be up for it nonetheless.

I think it would be so cool to introduce a new installment as a midquel or interquel. :D

Well, she both counts and doesn't count. She is in charge because there's no one above her, but she's also not in charge because she shares her position with the three other executives. But she's also the only female to hold any position of power in an evil Team in all six generations, so I'd count her.
um... Shelly, Courtney, Mars, Jupiter, Mable, Aliana, Bryony, and Celosia? they're all administrators (and equivalents) within their respective organizations.

um... Shelly, Courtney, Mars, Jupiter, Mable, Aliana, Bryony, and Celosia? they're all administrators (and equivalents) within their respective organizations.

Do we even know if Team Flare Scientists ranked higher than the (generic) administrators? Yeah, they got a design, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they rank high in the organizational structure. They could be head of R&D, but still below admins. Even Malva, I doubt really ranked "high"--she was just a powerful trainer on her own and the announcer for the holocaster. Her ego's certainly big but if she was an important administrator, I'd think she'd have been in the final battle.

Do we even know if Team Flare Scientists ranked higher than the (generic) administrators? Yeah, they got a design, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they rank high in the organizational structure. They could be head of R&D, but still below admins. Even Malva, I doubt really ranked "high"--she was just a powerful trainer on her own and the announcer for the holocaster. Her ego's certainly big but if she was an important administrator, I'd think she'd have been in the final battle.

Considering that Malva is an Elite 4 member and the Holocast announcer, I imagine she ranks pretty high in the organization, she would pretty much have to to take on a role like that. So she's probably above the generic NPC Admins. Not really sure about the scientists, but I would imagine they're even higher than Malva.

i assumed they were since the characters within teams that are relevant are not generic characters. they appear to lead a large portion of the missions for Team Flare and GameFreak does have a tendency to use different names for higher-ups in organizations: Executives for Rocket, Admins for Magma and Aqua, Commanders for Galactic, and the Seven Sages for Plasma. that and combined with the fact that Xerosic is the post-game "leader" of Flare made me assume that the Scientists were the higher-ups of Flare.

as for Malva: we'll probably have to see what happens with the next Kalos game to see what her role within Flare is. it's not really revealed that she's a member of Flare until the post-game so there's no real way to discern her ranking other than the fact that she seems to know some pretty classified intel. i feel like they were trying to have some big shock and big reveal, but it backfired because of Flare being somewhat underwhelming and the fact they did it in the wrong order (imho).

Considering that Malva is an Elite 4 member and the Holocast announcer, I imagine she ranks pretty high in the organization, she would pretty much have to to take on a role like that. So she's probably above the generic NPC Admins. Not really sure about the scientists, but I would imagine they're even higher than Malva.
Malva seems more vain than anything, so her role as the holocaster announcer is not surprising. I doubt Diantha would necessarily have had a "high up" administrative position if she accepted Lysandre's offer. She'd probably get a symbolic position, similar to what Malva is getting.

Think of it this way--Canada is technically a monarchy, and Queen Elizabeth is technically head of state, but she holds no real authoritative power. That's what I assume Malva has. She gets to be the face of the Holocaster and is symbolically important (being an Elite 4 member) but has no real power compared to Lysandre or even his admins.

We've actually never had a single female leader of an evil organization. Yes I understand there have been many females with high ranking roles within various teams; however, it's not the same. I think it's time for one strong willed evil female leader. Bounty Hunter J comes to mind, but she was more of a lone wolf and not the leader type of person.

We've actually never had a single female leader of an evil organization. Yes I understand there have been many females with high ranking roles within various teams; however, it's not the same. I think it's time for one strong willed evil female leader. Bounty Hunter J comes to mind, but she was more of a lone wolf and not the leader type of person.

Well, we should get a new team leader if Team Flare returns in the next game(s) (assuming they will be sequels and not re-tellings of the X or Y storyline); Lysandre killed himself, and Xerosic was arrested by Looker. I really think a female team boss is also warranted. We already have 3 female Champions and a female Pokemon Professor, so why not? Hopefully one of the four scientists, or even Malva, takes up that role.

OK, I'm just gonna throw my speculations about Zygarde out there. 1) The green blobs are just cells from Zygarde body that can be split out to perform specific functions like Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves attacks or to "monitor ecosystem", 2) The green blobs can return/merge back into a single Zygarde, 3) The green blob is not an independent Pokemon by itself and thus will not have dex entry, 4) The Zygarde we've been seeing are actually made up of only 50% of the blobs out there and the silhouette in CoroCoro and movie trailer is the 100% blob.

And for those of you who think the blobs' hexagons have 2 colors, I don't think so, I think it's red when you look from the belly and darker color if you look from the back.

I think the white-suit admins did outrank the Scientists. Aliana took orders from the admin at the Power Plant. Bryony and Celosia at the Poké Ball Factory were more ambiguous. Xerosic may have been both a Scientist and and admin, since he had access to the secret floor of Lysandre Labs, which only "certain admins" had access to (which suggests that Malva was also of admin status, since she too knew the password).

However, it was also mentioned by a grunt that the Scientists were especially close to Lysandre.

It's unconventional, but I kind of like that about it.

Well, we should get a new team leader if Team Flare returns in the next game(s) (assuming they will be sequels and not re-tellings of the X or Y storyline); Lysandre killed himself, and Xerosic was arrested by Looker. I really think a female team boss is also warranted. We already have 3 female Champions and a female Pokemon Professor, so why not? Hopefully one of the four scientists, or even Malva, takes up that role.

Completely agreed! It will probably be Malva. I want her to be on par with Cynthia in strength. It's not like I dislike having male antagonists; it's just so overdone now in the franchise. And also I would her to actually be evil and not "Oh, I'm only evil for the cause to save the earth/pokemon!" I want her to completely have a disregard for all creatures both human and pokemon alike. Maybe then that'll give Diantha something interesting to do besides being a movie star and only a part time trainer. That kills me. But yes really looking forward to the possibilities of a female antagonistic leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom