• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
About soaring, remember how mega Lati@s was in XY's code? And IIRC it was the only ORAS mega to be in XY's code. Combined with the fact that sky battles are basically useless, It makes you wonder if they originally planned soaring for XY, and thus if we might see it in the next Kalos games.

Of course, this is GameFreak we're talking about. So don't get your hopes up. :p

Pidgeot mega was also hinted at with the intriguing stone, so something tells me that they did carry things over from one game to the next.

About soaring, remember how mega Lati@s was in XY's code? And IIRC it was the only ORAS mega to be in XY's code. Combined with the fact that sky battles are basically useless, It makes you wonder if they originally planned soaring for XY, and thus if we might see it in the next Kalos games.

Alternatively, there is the fact that now, the games in which a Mega Evolution is released have a tangible effect on its playability, what with the whole "separate Kalos and Hoenn Leagues" thing. Perhaps the Mega Eon Dragons were an element that they worked out early on and wanted to enable in the Kalos League.

Or maybe it is just them being flip-floppy.

Pidgeot mega was also hinted at with the intriguing stone, so something tells me that they did carry things over from one game to the next.

There's another thing that really bothered me about the continuity between XY and ORAS. In XY, Gurkinn, the Mega Evolution Guru, specifically tells you that the Intriguing Stone is not a Mega Stone. But then in ORAS, Mr. Stone is able to tell that it's a Pidgeotite!

I'm curious, do you know what day Masuda is going to be in Lyon, because I am curious about that myself.

Seriously though... y'all can't sit there and try to convince me that this new piece of news, plus the news we're expecting in next month's CoroCoro, is all coincidence. 'Cause it sure don't look like coincidence to me. Something big is gonna be happening, and the fact they're acknowledging the upcoming 20th anniversary is telling.

I wouldn't get hopes up too high though. Sure it is likely for a new pair of main series games to be announced but we have no idea what the games could have. I got disappointed by ORAS after playing through it so I am keeping the excitement to a bare minimum. The games might not be as big as everyone would make them out to be but we'll see what happens.

Don't use your personal biases against certain games to tell people not to get hyped for any upcoming games. I really liked ORAS anyways, so using it against my case doesn't do you any good.

I don't have any biases. I just don't think ORAS lived up to the expectations and I will always favour XY games more. We don't even know if the new games are going to be big or not. Nevertheless, I too am waiting for the news of new games. If it doesn't show up in direct then corocoro is the next thing to occur.

There's another thing that really bothered me about the continuity between XY and ORAS. In XY, Gurkinn, the Mega Evolution Guru, specifically tells you that the Intriguing Stone is not a Mega Stone. But then in ORAS, Mr. Stone is able to tell that it's a Pidgeotite!

I just interpreted this as both stones being entirely different items, one actually being the Pidgeotite, while the other was just a pretty but useless stone?

Am I also the only one who really isn't all that hyped? I mean, for sure, I think we're going to get some big announcements soon, but currently all we know is that they're planning stuff for next year, much of which they're currently not revealing yet, and that one of these things will have to do with flowers (which suggest something Kalos will be involved one way or another) And of course the Zygrade form and the blob thing, which I'm also curious about, but that's it. Mild curiosity

Am I also the only one who really isn't all that hyped? I mean, for sure, I think we're going to get some big announcements soon, but currently all we know is that they're planning stuff for next year, much of which they're currently not revealing yet, and that one of these things will have to do with flowers (which suggest something Kalos will be involved one way or another) And of course the Zygrade form and the blob thing, which I'm also curious about, but that's it. Mild curiosity

People fall in love with the unknown. And there's a lot of that going on right now.

After ORAS, I'm staying very, very cautious with my expectations regarding a game...So I can't say I'm too hyped myself.

But I am still looking forward to whatever lore we'll be getting with Zygarde. I have a liking for it, and the Kalos Region.

Last edited:
Don't use your personal biases against certain games to tell people not to get hyped for any upcoming games. I really liked ORAS anyways, so using it against my case doesn't do you any good.
i mean, the saying does go "don't count your chickens before they hatch." regardless, you're free to hype or not hype all you'd like.

This is true. And disconcerting. The only thing I can think of is that Gurkinn's implied to be descended from the first Kalosian to use Mega Evolution in the games, anime and manga. In Pokémon Adventures (not exactly canon, but it's closer to the games than the anime), he's actually the protector of the Tower of Mastery. That hints that he's never left it, and presumably spent his entire life in Kalos. In the games, Gurkinn actually has a room at the base of the Lucario statue, possibly hinting at the same?

On the other hand, Mr. Stone has billions of dollars and a wealth of knowledge at his disposal, as well as a son who travels the world (or at least to Kanto, Sinnoh and Unova) and collects rocks and stones. Makes sense he'd know what Pidgeotite is over Gurkinn.

Especially if some Mega Stones can't be found in Kalos at all.

Speaking of this I'm wondering how they'll explain new Mega Stones showing up in Kalos? This is assuming that they decide to introduce more new Mega Evolutions in the next games and that they also take place in Kalos.

One idea I have is that maybe they could make the new Mega Stones obtainable in new areas (like Southern Kalos). Second idea is of course that they don't explain anything thing at all. Third and the least likely to me is that the games are prequels thus explaining why these Mega Stones weren't present in X & Y cause the player in that game got those Mega Stones.

Also I'm hoping that if we return to Kalos that the Mega Stone collecting isn't a pain in the ass like it was in X & Y.

There is a better solution: you buy the megas from a traveller.

It could be two different stones that happen to be intriguing. It just needed the appraisal of a stone expert to tell you whether it was something of value or not.

Alternatively its a mega stone pre-curser fueled on the ~power of belief~ (its flavor text was "A rather curious stone that might appear valuable to some. It's all in the eye of the beholder") and only became a Mega Stone because someone believed it was. Its kind of funny since Pigeot's role as "Bird Jesus" during the twitch play through.

Speaking of this I'm wondering how they'll explain new Mega Stones showing up in Kalos? This is assuming that they decide to introduce more new Mega Evolutions in the next games and that they also take place in Kalos.

One idea I have is that maybe they could make the new Mega Stones obtainable in new areas (like Southern Kalos). Second idea is of course that they don't explain anything thing at all. Third and the least likely to me is that the games are prequels thus explaining why these Mega Stones weren't present in X & Y cause the player in that game got those Mega Stones.

Also I'm hoping that if we return to Kalos that the Mega Stone collecting isn't a pain in the ass like it was in X & Y.

Meh, either way we know the focus in Z is Zygarde, no matter what the game ends up becoming. If the theory from a few pages ago is true and Mega Evolution is in fact Zygarde's power and not that of the Xerneas and Yveltal's channeled through the Ultimate Weapon, then that means Zygarde himself can create Mega Stones. This would explain any new Mega Stones.

Maybe the Intriguing Stone wasn't a mega stone until the Weapon was fired and mutated it into Pidgeotite.

All I want from the next game: A Mega Stone case or something. Or at least a separate part in the bag for evolution stones/mega stones

I'm curious about what kind of role Emma would play if they made a sequel, I'd like to see her play more of a role in the plot as well. Maybe she'll be involved in the Team Flare plot.

Guys...

AZ planted a damn tree in Sootopolis in front of the Cave of Origins. You know what's on that tree? Flowers.

Flowers...

Pokémon: DaVinci Code

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom