• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously though... y'all can't sit there and try to convince me that this new piece of news, plus the news we're expecting in next month's CoroCoro, is all coincidence. 'Cause it sure don't look like coincidence to me. Something big is gonna be happening, and the fact they're acknowledging the upcoming 20th anniversary is telling.

I wouldn't get hopes up too high though. Sure it is likely for a new pair of main series games to be announced but we have no idea what the games could have. I got disappointed by ORAS after playing through it so I am keeping the excitement to a bare minimum. The games might not be as big as everyone would make them out to be but we'll see what happens.

Honestly, the sooner they reveal crucial information about the games, the better for me. I mainly care about 3 things:

1) Will there be compatibility with ORAS and XY? I really thought a patch with the Megas was a must be for XY, and I think the same for ORAS.

2) Wich features from ORAS will make it in Z? I have the feeling Soaring and Pokenav Plus might stay ORAS exclusive, also Super Secret Bases and Contest.

3) Wich Battle Facilities will we have in the game? The Battle Maison is fine, but it´s not enough. B2W2 had the Subway AND the PWT in. I have a good feeling we might have the Maison AND the PWT this time.

The sooner I know if the games are gonna be worth it or not, the better. The only issues I had with ORAS are the lack of a BF/PWT and the lack of gym rematches. So those are the only improvements I want from Z.

Last edited:
I have my bet that, in addition to the new games, we're likely going to see another American-oriented anime special like with The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon. That was done because, at the time, they thought the anime was more mainstream than the games. I hope that, if they do make one, it would not be a disaster like Tomorrowland (a disgrace to Disney for cancelling Tron 3) and Fantastic Four (I'm surprised the superhero genre survived that... it is damaged, though). But I have my bets that they won't do it, since the games are now the mainstream (and I hope it stays this way).

I think I'll be mentally prepared for the upcoming hype of what I'm currently calling "Pokémon Flower". It's a double-hype preparation, since I'm also hyped for Kingdom Hearts III (oh, and if you asked, the names I used, I wanted to use in the Generation III games: Ruby (Riku), Sapphire (Kairi) and Emerald (Sora). ORAS really caught me off-guard).

What if the little green guys, the Zygos, are similar to seeds/pollen. What if Zygarde produces them asexually and then they are scatted across Kalos/ the world?

2) Wich features from ORAS will make it in Z? I have the feeling Soaring and Pokenav Plus might stay ORAS exclusive, also Super Secret Bases and Contest.

What else is there to carry over from ORAS? I don't expect any of those things to carry over except maybe the DexNav in the form of the PokeRadar.

@Bolt the Cat Well, basically those four features, which will probably stay ORAS- exclusive. But we will see...

I have my bet that, in addition to the new games, we're likely going to see another American-oriented anime special like with The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon. That was done because, at the time, they thought the anime was more mainstream than the games. I hope that, if they do make one, it would not be a disaster like Tomorrowland (a disgrace to Disney for cancelling Tron 3) and Fantastic Four (I'm surprised the superhero genre survived that... it is damaged, though). But I have my bets that they won't do it, since the games are now the mainstream (and I hope it stays this way).

I think I'll be mentally prepared for the upcoming hype of what I'm currently calling "Pokémon Flower". It's a double-hype preparation, since I'm also hyped for Kingdom Hearts III (oh, and if you asked, the names I used, I wanted to use in the Generation III games: Ruby (Riku), Sapphire (Kairi) and Emerald (Sora). ORAS really caught me off-guard).

I wouldn't b against an anime special lol..........but what does Disney have to do with anything?

P.S. I am also excited for KH3.......even tho it won't b coming out for a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time, but that's not for this thread hahahahaha

Seriously though... y'all can't sit there and try to convince me that this new piece of news, plus the news we're expecting in next month's CoroCoro, is all coincidence. 'Cause it sure don't look like coincidence to me. Something big is gonna be happening, and the fact they're acknowledging the upcoming 20th anniversary is telling.

I wouldn't get hopes up too high though. Sure it is likely for a new pair of main series games to be announced but we have no idea what the games could have. I got disappointed by ORAS after playing through it so I am keeping the excitement to a bare minimum. The games might not be as big as everyone would make them out to be but we'll see what happens.

Don't use your personal biases against certain games to tell people not to get hyped for any upcoming games. I really liked ORAS anyways, so using it against my case doesn't do you any good.

Don't use your personal biases against certain games to tell people not to get hyped for any upcoming games. I really liked ORAS anyways, so using it against my case doesn't do you any good.

Its a matter of expectations. Objectively, ORAS are no doubt the best Pokemon game ive played and they are my favourite for many reasons, but since my expectations were so big, I can't help it but feel slightly disapointed. Why? Because GF seem to intentionally hold back feeatures that should be permanent by now. Anybody thought ORAS would not have the BF? No... But ok, they got the Resort in stead, so I kinda excuse GF there. But no gym Rematches is just ridiculous, especially compared to HGSS which had SIXTEEN gym rematches in the Postgame. Why sixteen for HGSS and none for ORAS? Its ridiculous. And GF saying no customisation because its a french thing, but they go and port the exact Battle Maison from Kalos with its french arquitecture.

As a Hoenn fan, I try to excuse GF in many things, but some are just obviously held back, which is almost insulting for people who have been waiting for those remakes for more than a decade like many of us had.

And of course, you are right that its personal, but its true that people could be disappointed for having too high expectations towards GF. But maybe you are right and the next game turns out to be very good.

Last edited:
I'm not quite sure y people think GF owes us anything......Sure it'd b nice for them to add stuff here and clean up some stuff there, but at the end of the day it's their game and if they want to make it that way then there's nothing we can really do about it. If GF is happy with what they r making then they r likely not going to change. It's that simple. No amount of griping and complaining is going to change that. While I get the stand point that they r making games for an audience, people also for get that most of the time when people makes games, or anything for that matter, it's often for themselves first. So when GF does something people don't like it's not bc they r trying to make ur experience any less special, it's more like they're trying to make a game that they'd enjoy first and then if everyone else does too then that's awesome.

I'm not quite sure y people think GF owes us anything......Sure it'd b nice for them to add stuff here and clean up some stuff there, but at the end of the day it's their game and if they want to make it that way then there's nothing we can really do about it. If GF is happy with what they r making then they r likely not going to change. It's that simple. No amount of griping and complaining is going to change that. While I get the stand point that they r making games for an audience, people also for get that most of the time when people makes games, or anything for that matter, it's often for themselves first. So when GF does something people don't like it's not bc they r trying to make ur experience any less special, it's more like they're trying to make a game that they'd enjoy first and then if everyone else does too then that's awesome.

You are not correct. GF does the game for us, the customers. We are the ones paying for the games, dont forget it.

Last edited:

You are nit correct. GF does the game for us, the customers. We are the ones paying for the games, dont forget it.

I think u'll find that most game developers start making their games according to what they want and think would b cool. Yes to a degree they make it for the fan base, but the fan base doesn't make the game the game makes the fan base. If Pokemon was a completely different game from what we kno today what we would expect from them would also b very different. Ultimately they're gonna make the games in the they think is the best way and complaining about things u liked and getting angry at them for not putting it in isn't gonna help very much. We love Pokemon for what it is and shouldn't expect GF to cater to us just bc we're buying the games. If people want a game that has everything they ever wanted and more then maybe they should look elsewhere or make their own games(which is often a reason y people make games in the first place). I'm not trying to b a jerk or anything......I guess in a way I'm just trying to stick up for GF and it's decisions lol

Objectively, ORAS are no doubt the best Pokemon game ive played and they are my favourite for many reasons

That's subjective, not objective.

but since my expectations were so big, I can't help it but feel slightly disapointed.

And see, for me, it is the opposite. XY were supposed to be revolutionary; the first full-3D games, capable of doing so much more on that engine, and with complete freedom as far as storytelling, region design, or anything. Coming in after BW, I expected them to take what they had learned from those games and go even further, and since it was a new generation in a new region, nobody could say for sure what would happen. There was massive potential, which meant that XY had a lot farther to fall. And they did trip up on a lot of points.

Whereas ORAS, for me, had to accomplish very little in order to be satisfying. Since I had already played RSE, I pretty much knew what to expect. And I never really liked RSE or Hoenn anyways. All ORAS had to do was have more of a post-game than XY, and to make the story not suck like RSE's, in my opinion. And it did that, so even though I have a few issues with it, I was easier to please due to them being remakes. My expectations were already tempered.

This time around, with Z, I see room for potential - but I haven't been given much of a reason to expect as much as I want.

While AgentRosa is correct that another person's opinions on a game have little bearing on her own opinions, Alexander does have a point in that one's own hype is their own to manage. I've seen it bite back more than I've seen it pay off, so I do tend to be a bit more hype-conservative these days. But other people are certainly welcome to be less of a fuddy-duddy than myself.

And GF saying no customisation because its a french thing, but they go and port the exact Battle Maison from Kalos with its french arquitecture.

Oh yeah. I forgot why that exclusion was extra stupid. :banghead:

I'd say both XY and ORAS were disappointing. I was expecting XY to not have too much extra content being a generation debut game, but they went to an extreme with this game and there was virtually nothing to do after beating it. There were pretty much no extra features whatsoever and almost nothing to explore in post game. As for ORAS, RSE were also somewhat light on post game areas and I was hoping that would be fixed but it really wasn't with the Mirage Spots being very small and can be explored in all of 10 seconds. And not only did it not improve Hoenn's post game content, it actually made it worse and removed all of what Emerald added to the experience. Both XY and ORAS are major disappointments when it comes to content and feel incomplete.

You are nit correct. GF does the game for us, the customers. We are the ones paying for the games, dont forget it.

I think u'll find that most game developers start making their games according to what they want and think would b cool. Yes to a degree they make it for the fan base, but the fan base doesn't make the game the game makes the fan base. If Pokemon was a completely different game from what we kno today what we would expect from them would also b very different. Ultimately they're gonna make the games in the they think is the best way and complaining about things u liked and getting angry at them for not putting it in isn't gonna help very much. We love Pokemon for what it is and shouldn't expect GF to cater to us just bc we're buying the games. If people want a game that has everything they ever wanted and more then maybe they should look elsewhere or make their own games(which is often a reason y people make games in the first place). I'm not trying to b a jerk or anything......I guess in a way I'm just trying to stick up for GF and it's decisions lol

I understand you, but your logic is not correct... YES, Game Freak started making the games for themselves, and the way they liked it, but once a game becomes popular, and once GF starts making a lot of money with their games (which is in fact the case with Pokemon), they automatically become fan- dependant. That´s why Masuda often says "we are allways trying to surprise fans". He doesn´t say "we allways try to surprise ourselves".

And I´m not asking GF for the perfect game, I´m just asking them to make their games CONSISTENT. The features that we all like and allways ask for, just give them to the fans,it´s not gonna hurt ya...

And ESPECIALLY FOR REMAKES, which is what I was discussing in particular: remakes are a chance to improve what you have already done. And remakes, differently from normal games, are much more fan- aimed. In fact they only get re- made because WE, FANS ask for them. So in away, remakes need to have what fans ask for. And not adding simple and common- sense things, like BF and gym rematches in a remake of ORAS, especially from the generation that first introduced both features, is almost stupid.

And there is no logical reason to have 16 gym rematches and a Frontier in HGSS and not have any of that in ORAS. They are trying to make us believe that fans have changed so much in five years from wanting them in 2010, to not wanting them in 2014. Yeah, sure...

I understand you, but your logic is not correct... YES, Game Freak started making the games for themselves, and the way they liked it, but once a game becomes popular, and once GF starts makingbig money with their games (which is in fact the case with Pokemon), they automatically become fan- dependant. That´s why Masuda often says "we are allways trying to surprise fans". He doesn´t say "we allways try to surprise ourselves".

And I´m not asking GF for the perfect game, I´m just asking them to make their games CONSISTENT. The features that we all like and allways ask for, just give them to the fans,it´s not gonna hurt ya...

And ESPECIALLY FOR REMAKES, which is what I was discussing in particular: remakes are a chance to improve what you have already done. And remakes, differently from normal games, are much more fan- aimed. In fact they only get re- made because WE, FANS ask for them. So in away, remakes need to have what fans ask for. And not adding simple and common- sense things, like BF and gym rematches in a remake of ORAS, especially from the generation that first introduced both features, is almost stupid.

And there is no logical reason to have 16 gym rematches and a Frontier in HGSS and not have any of that in ORAS. They are trying to make us believe that fans have changed so much in five years from wanting them in 2010, to not wanting them in 2014. Yeah, sure...

I get what ur saying and while I agree with u that they could definitely add more or at the very least b more consistent I still think a lot of fans ask too much of them sometimes. Also my logic is fine....people r complex beings. Just bc they have become successful doesn't mean that they're all of a sudden gonna stop doing whatever they want bc they're making money and r fan dependent. The fans buy the games bc they like what GF releases. It's not like people gave GF a list of things they wanted and GF complied only for a single game only to go and do something else. They tried some stuff and wanted to try some other stuff. Maybe one day certain things will come back as full time features like day and night coming back, but for now we have to wait for GF to make those calls. Again the games r gonna b made the way they want first and then if they decide to add in stuff the fans have come to like then that's pretty great.It's not up to us how the games development goes, it's up to GF. Either way we seem to disagree on the subject so maybe we should just leave it as agree to disagree. We're getting a little off topic I suppose lol

Anyway I wonder when they WILL in fact release the announcement. I'm still willing to bet it'll happen b4 CoroCoro. I feel like they wouldn't talk about de blob and M. Z without a formal game announcement. lol

Masuda is meeting up with the heads of TPCi in London. I honestly think this is a sign that they areg earing up to make announcements are st least iron out thr marketing.

Masuda is meeting up with the heads of TPCi in London. I honestly think this is a sign that they areg earing up to make announcements are st least iron out thr marketing.

I could c that as a sign I suppose. I'm still betting that by the time he gets to Lyon there will b an announcement around then. lol

About soaring, remember how mega Lati@s was in XY's code? And IIRC it was the only ORAS mega to be in XY's code. Combined with the fact that sky battles are basically useless, It makes you wonder if they originally planned soaring for XY, and thus if we might see it in the next Kalos games.

Of course, this is GameFreak we're talking about. So don't get your hopes up. :p

Alright, updating my prediction now.

Start in Kalos. Go to Kanto for 8 more gyms. Then the Hoenn Battle Frontier opens up. And everyone complains about the level distribution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom