• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia One Piece: Alabasta Mafia - ENDGAME - Baroque Works Win!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: One Piece: Alabasta Mafia - Day 2: Over-doped

It's my theory. I feel like out of everyone they would be the ones that would want to silence me the most. The silencer in this game, or at least the one that targeted me can only silence for 24 hours. Though I had to wait longer to speak due to the late update from Life ;_;
Theorycrafting, but I would rather silence MCH than you if i had that power.

@AussieEevee; And what if there is a strongman? I doubt mafia need to communicate to know to use it to take out the cop.
Meh. Possible, I guess.

Picking on you? Pressuring is the right term because your answers have not been satisfying.
Pressure away. I can't read your mind to know what answers you expect.

Also just because you claim not to be something doesn't mean you aren't. Someone could guess me as a doctor and I could say I'm not and still could be. Denial is a way of protection in mafia.
I have read the strategy guides.

Used the right way any vote can lead to information, serious or joke.
So what does a self vote tell you then?

I highly doubt there's no cops in this game. I'd say it's safe to say that there's at least one cop on each side (though, maybe only a role cop for the mafia since that seems to be the norm for mafia games). I also imagine there's a Godfather role for BW (given that one of the members can change his appearance).

But yeah, I highly doubt the cop would come out this early and say anything. That's pretty much suicide, especially since our Doctor/"Enchantress" is now dead. And now that I think about it, I'm kind of surprised that the Doctor role wasn't given to Chopper.

Anyway, as for what Midorikawa brings up, it's true that it's odd that both people who voted Lovandra had something happen to them, but it's impossible to say for sure who silenced Mido.

AussieEevee seems to be going way too into ROMCH's early joke vote, and that still baffles me. Joke votes/self votes are very common around here on day one, so I don't know why this would be any different...

Still holding off my vote, but, if I had to choose between Flopunny or AussieEevee....I'd honestly have to toss a coin to decide...

AussieEevee seems to be going way too into ROMCH's early joke vote, and that still baffles me. Joke votes/self votes are very common around here on day one, so I don't know why this would be any different...

Doesn't mean I have to like them. MCH is pretty scummy though... but I have no idea why everyone is voting Flopunny.

you have yet to give a real reason as to why I'm scummy.
my joke vote was just a joke
I always use hunches day 1 but get rid of them night 1.
not to mention how many times have there actually been a scum lynch day 1?

I would say I'm about 72.3% sure that jokool is the killer not on my team.
But why don’t you think he’s your alignment?
It's my way of reading his wifom-filled "I'm town" post. I could be reading him wrong, of course, but I don't think I am.
And the 50% thing was me assuming, since it's too early to accurately guess my alignment, about half of the voters are going to be on my team (since half the players are).

This might be a bit late to be asking this, but to everyone who keeps/kept saying that they are waiting to vote… what exactly would be enough to make you vote?

I get that everyone is trying to maintain some secrecy and caution in this game – myself included – but it makes it harder for both alignments to figure out who is who without votes imo. And in turn, that will just make the day phases tough on both sides since there is less concrete stuff to work with.

Also @AussieEevee, is a self-vote inherently scummy in your opinion? I'm still trying to completely get your suspicion on MCH, though we might look at self-votes differently (like, personally it's just a neutral action to me). I know you found his post about Poke Man suspicious as well, but I want to see if I'm understanding the whole picture.

To be honest, I don't really know what would make me willing to vote.
It should be me reading someone as the opposite alignment, but also feeling that voting them won't make it too obvious what alignment I am.
And right now I see no such someone.

Doesn't mean I have to like them. MCH is pretty scummy though... but I have no idea why everyone is voting Flopunny.
jokool brings up a very good point about finding MCH scummy. Joke-self votes are definitely less common than they used to be, but they do still happen and aren't exactly telling of an alignment. Especially in a game like this. I see a lot more validity (why does this word sound weird right now omg) in a Flopunny vote given the vanilla claim. That, and we don't have too much else to work with.

Zexy said:
To be honest, I don't really know what would make me willing to vote.
It should be me reading someone as the opposite alignment, but also feeling that voting them won't make it too obvious what alignment I am.
And right now I see no such someone.
I can see where you're coming from here but not voting anyone seems really... counterproductive in the long-run to me. It feels like we won't get anywhere if we don't vote.

Statements like "MCH is scummy" are strange this game.
The scum don't know each other, and as a result, which lynches they have to push.
The town is pretty much faced with the same situation.
So what is "scummy" supposed to mean in this game?

The scum don't know each other, and as a result, which lynches they have to push.

It means that

1) MCH was caught doing an anti-town action. Self voting/joke voting.
2) He was very quick to gloat that he didn't vote for Poke Man.

My guess is that the mafia players have all located eachother before Poke Man's lynch. Lovandra's claim would have made that easy.

Either way, it is after 9am (1 GMT) so votes are locked. It doesn't matter what I think untiil after the update :p

Day 2 vote count:

The VotedVoter(s)
jokool (I)Flopunny
returnofmastercrazyhand (I)AussieEevee
Flopunny (V)FinalArcadia, jackatlasred, HumanDawn, lovandra, Momoka
AussieEeveeMidorikawa
No Vote (VI)jokool, CrackFox, returnofmastercrazyhand, Zexy, Flashranite, Emolga

Dog Days Are Over​

"Luffy, slow down! We're missing most of the group!" Chopper yelled as he tried to keep pace with Luffy, who was still desperate to find meat.

"They're strong, Chopper," Luffy caught his breath, "they'll be fine on their own." He kept running ahead, stopping as soon as he saw an upcoming cliff. "I found it! Meat!" he yelled.

"Luffy, don't you think it's a little suspicious that there's a dog just sitting down there?"

"Nonsense, Chopper. That is perfectly good meat." Luffy jumped over the ledge and walked up to the dog sitting alone in the desert. "Hello, dinner!" Luffy exclaimed.

"Fwaaaaaaah?" A head popped out of the ground behind Luffy, making him jump as he turned around to see the intruder.

"Who are you?" Luffy exclaimed. "You're after my meat, aren't you?! Well, let me tell you something, mister, I found it first!"

"Yoooooooooooooooo-"
The large man was cut off as Luffy punched him in the gut.

"Luffy," Chopper yelled, "That must be an officer agent Vivi warned us about! I told you it was a trap!"

"Either way, he's trying to get my meat!"

The dog, still sitting beside the action, starting to run to a certain destination, but was slowed down by his ailment. He had to tell his owner's partner of the sighting of Straw Hat Luffy, but he'd never make, as his sickness quickly took over, stranding him in the middle of the Alabasta desert.

Dear Flopunny, you are Lassoo

k79LxWw.png

Bow!!! Bow!!! Bow!!!
Though you aren't officially an agent, you help fight for Baroque Works under your owner Mr. 4. Even though you started off as a simple gun, you were eventfully fed the Inu Inu no Mi, Model: Dachshund (Mutt-Mutt Fruit), giving you the power to turn into a dog. During your introduction you're shown to have a cold, making you even more adorable.

Puppy Power: Despite your ability to shoot baseball-bombs at your opponents, your cold has kept you limited to the sidelines, making you powerless for this fight. Because of this, the only weapon you have is your vote.

Because of this, you are a Goon.

You are allied with Baroque Works and win when the Straw Hat Pirates are dead.

Good luck!
Flopunny was lynched. She was Lassoo, a member of Baroque Works

It is now Night 2. The phase will end on September 18th at 9:00 PM (1 AM GMT). Please send in your night actions before then.

Last edited:
Re: One Piece: Alabasta Mafia - Night 2 - Dog Days Are Over

Oh. Almost forgot.

Private communications during this night phase (skyping, QuickTopics, etc) are NOT allowed. You may return to using private communications after this phase (in 24 hours).

However, you may still submit your night actions to me.

Last edited:

More scum gone. They have to be careful with the NK...

I still don't think they have located each other just because lovandra claimed it.
If that was the case I doubt the wagon on Flop would pass this easily.

Well, this is obviously a role's doing.
Encryptor!

It means that

My guess is that the mafia players have all located eachother before Poke Man's lynch. Lovandra's claim would have made that easy.

Either way, it is after 9am (1 GMT) so votes are locked. It doesn't matter what I think untiil after the update :p

again, joke votes are NOT scummy, and how quick I was to "gloat" means nothing in the grand scheme.

also, I will be going out of town for the weekend, so I might not be able to post, if I don't post within the first 24 hours of day 1, that means sub me.

Yeah, I doubt either side has made a ton of progress in finding all of their members and contacting each other with certainty. Lovandra's claim wouldn't have made it easy for Baroque Works since there is/was no reason to take it at face value.

AussieEevee said:
With how easily self-voting can backfire and just lead to a bandwagon on the person who did it, I don't think it's really indicative of alignment one way or another. That's my opinion, at least. Especially not in this kind of game, where in a way there isn't really "scum" at all. To me, it's more of a "team vs team" thing than "town vs mafia" since both sides are pretty much in the same boat when it comes to win con, knowledge of allies, etc. The only really difference between the two is the nightkill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom