• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia The Pokemon Starters Mafia (Mafia Wins)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The role is announced to the public for evolving. For example, squirtle and bulbasaur die which triggers charmander to evolve. I announce that charmander evolved to charmeleon after I annouce the death that happened before. No one knows who Charmander is without future abilities helping out. I won't reveal who plays certain characters unless future abilities changes this.

No lynch, or random lynch in games where no lynch is not an option.
And imo, those reveal way more info than a day 1 town lynch

Then why not vote at all or advocate No Lynches if that's what you want and believe in?

If you want to see why no lynch gives more info than a regular joke to serious lynch, look at RMafia, another game I cohosted

I hate joke lynches, I only likes votes that go around because it helps make the game active. When there were a lot of no lynch votes in that game, I EXPLODED and told everyone that what they were doing was whack because of how ANTI-TOWN IT WAS. Time and votes that could be spent on others for information was being WASTED on voting No Lynch early.

This got active really quickly…

I like Pikochu’s suggestion, I think it comes from a town mindset. Claiming doesn’t help much anyway since we have no clue which Starters would be mafia and why.

About MCH… knowing his playstyle, I understand him being afraid over joke votes/lynches etc. so I don’t consider his reaction jumpy at all. HD/Mido may have just not played as much with him and/or just used it as a way to get discussion going. @HumanDawn; @Midorikawa; to be completely honest with you two your posts are more like the notgood ol’ Day 1 debates that lead almost nowhere. Hope you drop it soon because they lead nowhere. This goes for @Life; as well, partly.

M13 feels just like someone who’s new to the game. Not sure if they would be able to play as scum this well in their first game, because their behavior is slightly towny but still open to tinfoiling.
I honestly don't know if I have a power. My pm was way too short.

Maybe after evolving I will know
... no one has powers before evolving. And everyone knows that.

Kinda towny (this is what we call a derpclear, for future reference)

About the evolutions being public, it is obvious that all of us will find out which Pokemon are evolving and when because we’ll know if the conditions have been met just by looking at the deaths.

At this point, I think discussion about joke-voting is moot and perhaps even counterproductive. Counterproductive as for the obvious reasons but also now we are discouraging the "joke voting" that we could have used for data points for future purposes. Sure most of the "joke votes" would probably be thrown out as "actual joke votes" but it would have given us little clues, especially for Day 1.

It kind of depends on what I was thinking at the time, which I have forgotten by now. There wasn't enough tone for me to pick up, so I just voted on who voted me. Neither of us really had any reason, so maybe it was a joke.

Welcome to The War Room. I suggest being more careful in the timing for the joke vote as there was already some serious discussion in the game already.

@HumanDawn; @Midorikawa; to be completely honest with you two your posts are more like the notgood ol’ Day 1 debates that lead almost nowhere. Hope you drop it soon because they lead nowhere. This goes for @Life; as well, partly.

I don't believe they would go nowhere. I think it's been going pretty well so far. Lots of talking that's getting the game going.

... no one has powers before evolving. And everyone knows that.

Kinda towny (this is what we call a derpclear, for future reference)

What about it is kinda Townie?

I'm going to sleep since it's pretty late. Hopefully there's more to read and check out tomorrow.

I don't believe they would go nowhere. I think it's been going pretty well so far. Lots of talking that's getting the game going.

What about it is kinda Townie?

I'm going to sleep since it's pretty late. Hopefully there's more to read and check out tomorrow.
Getting the game going where? I haven't seen many people actually taking stances yet. Which is understandable, as it still is early. My point is that the debates themselves are mostly pointless, there are other more meaningful stuff to talk about it.

The kinda townie part is that scum!MCH probably wouldn't say that thing about his role PM. I'd also expect scum role PMs to be a bit bigger than town ones. Not a definite town read, but I'm willing to call it kinda Townie for now.

See you tomorrow!

@Midorikawa:
It kind of depends on what I was thinking at the time, which I have forgotten by now. There wasn't enough tone for me to pick up, so I just voted on who voted me. Neither of us really had any reason, so maybe it was a joke.

I don't k ow how to respond to this ;_;

@Life I'm not saying anything is wrong with tone reading. I want to know what you suggest as an alternative to starting with joke votes. Tone reading is something that comes from every post in a Mafia.

@Zexy why did you not learn from 100 Mafia that meta is not a good indicator. Also derp clear? Really? It's a small game, enough that Mafia could make the mistake of thinking they're vanilla. And considering he said he always skims save for calving games, that's not indicative of his alignment. That's indicative of laziness (no offense MCH). But since you're clearing by lack of evidence, who should we lynch?

@Zexy why did you not learn from 100 Mafia that meta is not a good indicator. Also derp clear? Really? It's a small game, enough that Mafia could make the mistake of thinking they're vanilla. And considering he said he always skims save for calving games, that's not indicative of his alignment. That's indicative of laziness (no offense MCH). But since you're clearing by lack of evidence, who should we lynch?
Just because meta didn't work on you on a single scum game of yours does not mean it cannot work on MCH on what I think is a town game of his. You're able to play really well as scum whereas in MCH's case he just caved in to pressure most times he was scum. And no, I don't really believe mafia would really make the mistake of thinking they're vanilla when a small role PM explicitly states alignment. There is a difference between skimming the opening post and skimming the role PM (which is small to begin with!) Why are you asking me in particular who should we lynch this early? I feel like you're being extra aggressive on me for little reason.

@Zexy I want to see an argument from you that doesn't use meta. So if I'm being extra aggressive it's because I only see meta this and meta that from you. Also I am slightly grumpy due to idiots irl and massive hunger so sorry if I at all seem way too aggressive.

@Zexy I want to see an argument from you that doesn't use meta. So if I'm being extra aggressive it's because I only see meta this and meta that from you. Also I am slightly grumpy due to idiots irl and massive hunger so sorry if I at all seem way too aggressive.
I have one; Pikochu looks town because he suggested something that scum may have avoided doing as it can only harm them.
Don't worry too much about meta I shall drop it later when I have more things to go with.
Understandable, no problem.

I don't like the argument that MCH is "derp clear." There has been instances that scum pretends to be the "town idiot" to that they can be cleared. While it's most likely than not that it is an honest mistake, it's almost certainly not indicative of anything.

Mido, while I don't think Zexy's reasoning is sufficient enough to "partially clear" MCH, he at least provided his reasoning to do so. Zexy isn't clearing with "lack of evidence," he's clearing with very shaky evidence at best.

I don't like the argument that MCH is "derp clear." There has been instances that scum pretends to be the "town idiot" to that they can be cleared. While it's most likely than not that it is an honest mistake, it's almost certainly not indicative of anything.

Mido, while I don't think Zexy's reasoning is sufficient enough to "partially clear" MCH, he at least provided his reasoning to do so. Zexy isn't clearing with "lack of evidence," he's clearing with very shaky evidence at best.
I said it is kinda townie. Only used the term "derp clear" to explain what kind of read it is, it is not a real 100% clear.

This started yesterday huh ._.

Anyway, as you all may or may not know, Im not one for the whole joke voting, so I wont be throwing my vote on someone until they do something that catches my eye.

The only read I have, if any, is MCH. This isnt a scummy vibe nor townie, the fact of the matter is they are being very defensive, pointing out every little thing that is/could be bargained with. Not that there is anything wrong with this, could be an easy way for Mafia to try and fit in however!

Also, Hello M13.

I agree with the points made by Pikochu in post #124, as my final point. Not much else to say here.

I agree with Human that the game is getting somewhere after all the back-and-forths. To defend myself, my posts have really only consisted of:
  • My opinion on the rMCH wagon
  • Helping out M*13
  • Answering questions by Midorikawa and HD
  • making lists
I'm not exactly sure how those would lead to nothing but understand why it could seen like it if I was just trying to look active but not actually give opinions.

@Zexy; What do you think is better worth discussing if most of the Midori, HD, and Life debates weren't helpful? I think the rMCH wagon has gotten some good coverage but opinions on that can only be stated so many times before they become redundant.

@Midorikawa; Ah okay, I wasn't sure which one you meant an alternate for. While tone can always be a factor I find that it's not often more than that, which is what I was referring to when saying what I prefer to scumhunt with D1. I admit that joke votes can be helpful to creature pressure and scenarios, but I mostly dislike them if I can tell where they're going (typically if they're on newer players, or players prone to get pressured easily), which in this case I felt like I could easily see (as I explained in my reasoning to Human).

The only read I have, if any, is MCH. This isnt a scummy vibe nor townie, the fact of the matter is they are being very defensive, pointing out every little thing that is/could be bargained with. Not that there is anything wrong with this, could be an easy way for Mafia to try and fit in however!
If you are not leaning town or scum, it's not a read. You can call it a null read... but so can you call your "read" on everyone else.
@Zexy; What do you think is better worth discussing if most of the Midori, HD, and Life debates weren't helpful? I think the rMCH wagon has gotten some good coverage but opinions on that can only be stated so many times before they become redundant.
We did cover MCH, we can cover M-13. We did talk about Pikochu. We can talk more on why HD, Mido an you actually wanted to debate like this (if any of you could be scum trying to look active and monoplize the conversation to something that doesn't lead to better reads for the town). To do more of that I'll need to talk to HD more tomorrow and comments on Mido's latests posts on me by others.

I don't necessarily think it's fair to say we were trying to monopolize the conversation more than it is to say that we were just the most talkative players on. I also think it's fairly typical of HD and Midorikawa to question little things/play-style differences, however, that could be more of a feeling than it is quantifiable truth. Also, I'm now remembering that Hellcrow showed up but didn't really say too much...

@Hellcrow; What do you think of rMCH and M*13 at the moment? I would assume you're null on both as if you weren't you'd say something, but in this case, where both of them are voting you, I'm left wondering if you have a response for either?

Continuing with your point though, Zexy, about M*13. I think he's acting very typical of a first time player and don't find him suspicious, at least at the moment. In regards to Pikochu I have no read/opinion on him yet. His original point is a town thing to say but it could always be him trying to look town, so you never know.

I don't necessarily think it's fair to say we were trying to monopolize the conversation more than it is to say that we were just the most talkative players on. I also think it's fairly typical of HD and Midorikawa to question little things/play-style differences, however, that could be more of a feeling than it is quantifiable truth. Also, I'm now remembering that Hellcrow showed up but didn't really say too much...

@Hellcrow; What do you think of rMCH and M*13 at the moment? I would assume you're null on both as if you weren't you'd say something, but in this case, where both of them are voting you, I'm left wondering if you have a response for either?

Continuing with your point though, Zexy, about M*13. I think he's acting very typical of a first time player and don't find him suspicious, at least at the moment. In regards to Pikochu I have no read/opinion on him yet. His original point is a town thing to say but it could always be him trying to look town, so you never know.
Fair point but this questioning does tend to actually monopolize conversations. HD/Mido do it more than you which is why I said that it only applies to you partly. Thing is with those two, I think they do it regardless of alignment; it's an easy thing for them to do, so scum!them can do it and not feel uncomfortable or guilty. But town!them genuinely try to help town with it. Point is, does it really lead anywhere? No, imho. Lots of Day 1 discussions have been like that.

Hellcrow showing up and not saying much is typical of him. For both alignments.

Agreed on both, leaning town on both; I know it can be him looking town but I think that there were other ways to do it, this one actually stops mafia from getting a claim or two when they could. It's more of a scum playstyle thing, eh.

Correct, joke votes are nothing I'm going to worry about now, and how would I respond, OMGUS either of them?

@Zexy; Imo it can help distinguish motivations and help clear up what is being said/done, but I admit that is a tad of a stretch. In the big scheme of things scum are still left without commenting/contributing, and with that said I think it'd be best for me to take a step back and wait for more to happen, as any more discussion now will most likely lead to over-complication and redundancy.

@Hellcrow; Wasn't sure if you'd have reads for them, but I can't recall you ever OMGUSing so no, definitely wasn't thinking that. '^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom