• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia The Pokemon Starters Mafia (Mafia Wins)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elementar - I find him pointing out that it might be a good idea to lynch an inactive not really indicative of their alignment. It seemed like some suggestion in case we hit a rut, I don't think he had malicious intentions. Otherwise he's been posting and trying to contribute, which is more than I can say for half of the players in the game.

Thankyou. You are completely right on what I've been trying to do.

Well you gave up easily. Exactly what have I don't that's scummy in this game that I did as scum in another game. Though really I couldn't care two cents about a vote on me. Three or more is worth caring about.

I was going to bed and I didn't actually want a vote on you. I didn't give up. I had no time. And I just see some tone similarities and I can really see a scum-pair with Zexy for some reason. You've sort of been talking to each other in thread for no reason (like 'sorry Mido'). It's as though you're highlighting the fact that you don't have a mafia chat... o_O

And I gave reasons on voting for MCH. I didn't want to get lynched obviously, he was the best choice and I didn't like the whole modkill thing.

Anyway, good job on the lynch guys. I didn't see Pikochu as the scummiest, so good pick out. I guess this clears Zexy, who forced the bandwagon.

That's certainly true enough. (I'm guessing by the comma there might have been more here?)

I'm just shitposting ;P. I like to do it as a breather after stressful, but successful Day Phases. I'm referencing some meme from Zero Escape, were the main antagonist (who is the character in my theme) would say his motives are C O M P L E X when starting to explain anything he does.

Needless to be said my top three town reads are Zexy, ROMCH and Sunsette. I will post reads later on in the phase after I've slept and reread the thread carefully.

Alrighty, I'll be the one to admit that I did not expect a positive lynch on day one, so I'm glad I was wrong.

I may have missed this, but I suppose the starters are random for who is mafia? There is no set clause?

Alrighty, I'll be the one to admit that I did not expect a positive lynch on day one, so I'm glad I was wrong.

I may have missed this, but I suppose the starters are random for who is mafia? There is no set clause?
Looks that way. There wasn't much flavor included with Pikochu's role and that seems to be the case with what everyone else has said of their own, so it was either the host's personal preference or it was randomized.

Well this was surprising to say the least.
Now that piko turned out scum, my reads are a little bit better, but hellcrow I'm still uncertain about, as I remember his meta is usually post little take notes and vote when its closer to lategame only.
So he could just be playing to his meta, but the fact he never unvoted his joke vote concerns me

Fos: White Crow

That' last minute vote on MCH is way too suspicious
I was simply waiting for the last moment to make my choice, since there's nothing certain to grab on day 1 voting is a shoot in the dark (awesome first day btw, one scum down o/).
And honestly I'd look suspicious if my vote made a diference or even a draw to not lynch Pikochu, but it was just another vote.

Honestly it'd be a bit hard to qualify any starters as evil looking to make them mafia or not so we might have to guess, maybe it's based on the looks or the pokédex entry? Because feraligatr's entry is not really sweet, it talks about tearing up the enemy.

@White Crow Under no circumstances was that another vote.

This would be different if Piko was town, but Piko was scum, and that makes it all the more scummier.

You voted at the very end of the phase, nine minutes before the update, which is plenty of time for someone to change their vote. Mainly Pikochu. If it was just another vote it wouldn't have been on MCH. But you chose MCH who had two, thus making it three, and all Piko would have needed to done is change his vote and tie it, thus leaving scum for another phase, being stuck losing a town tonight, and also wasting a phase relynching that scum that should have died in the first place. And of course if you had chosen to vote Mr. Delicious, it would be clear that you were helping Piko and saving him, and also be clearly scummier because last minute vote tying is scummy and almost always an automatic lynch. Another vote wouldn't have been someone who could save mafia. You said you read the thread, so you can't use the excuse that you skimmed otherwise you'll be contradicting yourself, thus you of course would know the vote count, and the fact that the phase was ending soon since we got an hour warning. Likewise there was no need to vote Nowhere in the rules is it stated that we have to vote, likewise the fact that plenty opted to not vote at all proves that there are no repercussions otherwise it would have been mentioned in thread several times. To add on your reasoning was "instinct". That's not a reason, that's trying to make it seem like you have a reason, but it's not. And the fact that you chose to give scum a chance to be saved, when town would have basically had no chance to prevent it unless they were stalking the thread makes it worse. Piko was mafia not town, and we're lucky he wasn't online within those nine minutes otherwise we would be setback instead of ahead.

Hey all, sorry for not being active in our final hours of scumhunting. (Tbh I completely forgot that the phase ended today. Really busy day for me.) I'm glad Pikochu was picked and it's even better he turned out to be scum. I was nearly going to vote for him but didn't, like I stated when I FoSed him.

For now I'm simply going to say I'll reply to what I need to in the morning and post reads/thoughts in the morning. If I tried to do all that now though it would be really hard to read I'm sure...

Since Zexy and HumanDawn started the Pikochu BW, they are pretty much clear in my mind. Sunsette looks pretty good as well.

Mido kinda has a point about White Crow's vote. My initial feeling about it was that if White Crow was mafia he would have voted directly to to tie. So now I'm not sure. Nine minutes from EoD isn't a whole lot of time.

Stuff I wanted to respond or comment on that I couldn't from my phone.

I feel like you're more involved in this game which is a bit nice. Town lean (for now, because I'm paranoid xD)
Lol. I'm always involved unless the game is really strange or I'm really busy. Ironically the mafia was helping me keep my mind from boredom at work. Though knowing my luck it'll make me more murderous later on. Though you should be wary :sneaky:

Zexy said:
shh everyone'll see this you'll know they'll ship it

Please. That would be the best thing ever for you :p

I agree about Molten Eevee, I've had so many conversations with him were he says similar things and he ends up Town. I am not saying it makes him more likely to be Town in any way (unlike SOME people are doing with He Who Must Not Be Touched), but I've come to expect it.
Same. After trying to lynch him enough times. @Zexy This is the closest I'll get to Meta :p
MOD NOTE: I hate you, Mido.

I'm kidding <3 don't hurt me

Carry on.
The moment I saw Mod note I was wondering what the heck I did wrong. Giving me a heart attack ;_;

Love you too :p
...Huh. Point to everyone's scumdar but mine, I guess.
Or is it because you're scum!

Thankyou. You are completely right on what I've been trying to do.

I was going to bed and I didn't actually want a vote on you. I didn't give up. I had no time. And I just see some tone similarities and I can really see a scum-pair with Zexy for some reason. You've sort of been talking to each other in thread for no reason (like 'sorry Mido'). It's as though you're highlighting the fact that you don't have a mafia chat... o_O

And I gave reasons on voting for MCH. I didn't want to get lynched obviously, he was the best choice and I didn't like the whole modkill thing.

Anyway, good job on the lynch guys. I didn't see Pikochu as the scummiest, so good pick out. I guess this clears Zexy, who forced the bandwagon.
Technically no one is truly cleared for anything, but I doubt mafia would force a lynch on their own buddy this early. At least no normal mafia.

Anyways I just like joking with people in thread. I was doing the same thing with Human. Not that he responded the jerk ;_; Even though we clearly are so alike, even themeing the same person/series. I've been playing mafias with Zexy for a long time, with Human being the only one longer than him. From that I've formed bonds and that's just those bonds coming out. I actually wish I could be mafia with Zexy. We would destroy everyone.

Dear RNG Gods grant my wish. I want to destroy town.
Won't we figure out how many mafia there are tonight?
....No. We won't know until end game.
So we got our first Mafia and it's time we got a bit of discussion happening for N1
....there's been discussion. How about joining in.

Piko's post with original quotes included for everyone to look over. Without having to go thread digging. You're welcome.

Well, now that this game has started, there is something that cross my mind before the game started.

It's probably not safe to make [true] claims in this game given how abilities are lynch dependent. We don't want to give scum any ideas as to what type of Pokemon or what Pokemon given how scum could make those who claim as easy targets during the first few phases of the game.

@Midorikawa: I'm not sure. My main concern is that if scum gets information of types of what Pokemon are, scum can target them so scum can get abilities before town does.

About MCH situation:

While I think MCH overreacted with his joke vote, I find the voting for MCH by Mido and HD to be at best disingenuous. I don't think it's fair to vote for MCH solely on the basis that he thinks two joke votes is too much and that MCH decides to remove his joke vote on that basis.

@EeveelutionLover, are evolution made public by the game?

At this point, I think discussion about joke-voting is moot and perhaps even counterproductive. Counterproductive as for the obvious reasons but also now we are discouraging the "joke voting" that we could have used for data points for future purposes. Sure most of the "joke votes" would probably be thrown out as "actual joke votes" but it would have given us little clues, especially for Day 1.

Mr. Delicious said:
It kind of depends on what I was thinking at the time, which I have forgotten by now. There wasn't enough tone for me to pick up, so I just voted on who voted me. Neither of us really had any reason, so maybe it was a joke.

Welcome to The War Room. I suggest being more careful in the timing for the joke vote as there was already some serious discussion in the game already.

I don't like the argument that MCH is "derp clear." There has been instances that scum pretends to be the "town idiot" to that they can be cleared. While it's most likely than not that it is an honest mistake, it's almost certainly not indicative of anything.

Mido, while I don't think Zexy's reasoning is sufficient enough to "partially clear" MCH, he at least provided his reasoning to do so. Zexy isn't clearing with "lack of evidence," he's clearing with very shaky evidence at best.

@EeveelutionLover: May you post when the phase will end and put it in the original post?

Mr. Delicious said:
It's unfair to lynch someone who doesn't even know the game started and didn't check his/her PMs yet.

If memory serves, I believe that have already confirmed their role PMs though.

jdthebud said:
For this particular setup, I strongly disagree. The only bad thing that can happen at this point is a vanilla townie dies. It's sad, but not in anyway crippling.

You're underestimating the risks of mislynches though. In the mechanics, roles are not only dependent of what character we are but also who are left in the game. Lynching the wrong player could lead scum one step closer to a power role.

Zexy said:
6) @Pikochu – I think he’s a viable candidate for disappearing after making a few town-looking posts.

I gone for the entire day due to helping my mom out filling out forms followed by me doing to a mixer for a few drinks. Apologies in advance if some things don't make sense.

Anyways,

jdthebud said:
@Pikochu That's always a risk, but given that the flips are our only way of getting information at this point, I think it's dumb to no lynch.

Space said:
I don't know, one mislynch doesn't seem like it would be devastating, but maybe I don't completely understand the mechanics then. I think I understand what you're saying about giving the mafia a chance for a power role though. What do you think should be done then? A no lynch? But where would that leave us? Even if there is no lynch this phase then the mafia will just kill a townie and still eventually get closer to obtaining a power role.

Zexy said:
We need to risk it, you know... you were the one who said we shouldn't claim in the first place, now you think we should No Lynch too?!

I am not advocating "no lynch" at all. In fact, this is probably one of those games (at least on Bulba) that the risks is much lower than before. I'm saying that it's not quite as simple as "we are just lynching a vanilla."

HumanDawn said:
In light of this, ROMCH agreeing that he derptowned makes him much more suspicious, unless you want to argue and make me believe that out of everything in the list, that ROMCH only read about evolution being a thing, when he has no reason to assume that Pokemon can evolve in this game.

<tin foil>Well, if that's the case, then the people who suggested that MCH should be derpedclear, therefore "kinda town," are also suspicious.

However, I don't see what Mafia has to gain by attracting so much attention at this point of the stage. I mean, doing something that probably got more attention than it probably should have is quite stupid on scum's part. Not saying that it clears MCH from being scum, but if that's the case, what about the people suggesting that derped clear him? Would they be scumbuddies of MCH of MCH is scum? </tin foil>

HumanDawn said:
I think I might have just gone and voted RS and questioned him if he did say what he said early on before I had nobody else to vote on, even if it could be confusing because it would be "something" to get people to talk about.

So why aren't you doing so? I mean, you did give MCH a fairly difficult time when he at least had a fairly reasonable explanation for his actions and he did at least give us something to work with. RS on the other hand didn't provide us much.

Eevee said:
Now, I'm going to go build me a castle with my frubbles. One where I can keep a better eye on the other pokemon.

clip_image001.gif

Eevee said:
Anyway, time for joking is over.

Unvote: Returnofmastercrazyhand

It was already over long time ago.

Personally, I think Day 1 being dominated with MCH is just a waste of time. Asking him to prove his innocence for something very minor on Day 1 sets up an unreasonable burden of proof and as I started, a waste of time.

As for Elementar, I don't like how he just provided a list of inactives and didn't even bother to go as far as RNG the inactives to vote for. As others have stated, it seems that he's just trying to backtrack in the event of a mislynch.

@Elementar, what kind of reaction you're looking for from Mido with that vote?

Damn it, I been ninja'd by Elementar

Mr. Delicious said:
I'm not saying that is the chance of BEING mafia, I'm saying that is the chance of being KILLED by mafia. With 4 mafia the chance rises to 93% if I did the math right. But if you take that chance of being killed by mafia, you probably are mafia yourself or you wouldn't have taken that chance.
Could you show your work?

This is a self preservation vote: Vote: MMMM.... I need to get going to this is going to be my last post for this day.

HumanDawn said:
Not necessarily. If I were scum I would prioritize killing threats or players that could help me manipulate others in mislynching, but admittedly consider it too. He would more likely be killed for being a Kalos Pokemon if there was one Kalos Pokemon on the Mafia team. If I hosted a game with the mechanics for balance I'd vary the types and regions the team comes from. If Molten Eevee is, say, Town, then I'd consider the remaining Kalos Pokemon to be much more likely to have one scum in them, and vice versa.

It wouldn't be unreasonable to think that we can get some information about what the scum team is after N1. For example, if Eevee is NK the next phase, it wouldn't be unreasonable to think that scum has a Kalos starter somewhere. If Eevee isn't NK the next phase, then perhaps scum doesn't have a Kalos starter. However, this also seems like a case of "WIFOM" at this moment also, where scum could keep him Eevee alive to make him look suspicious and the opposite case.

I don't know if there's information we can use right away about Eevee within the next couple phases without more details.

HumanDawn said:
Pikochu - His starting posts still rub me the wrong way. It just ended up being a bunch of mechanics thoughts, which is fine, but there's nothing else and if there's anything that turns me off more in this game is posts where players say things that ultimately don't mean much without saying much else, like as if they're contributing when they're not.

Well, I did want to post my thoughts on how scum could use the mechanics of this game for their own benefit. Going anecdotal here, this game draws parallels to Build-it Mafia where roles comes in later in the game. I personally feel that this game benefits scum at first. However, unlike in Build-it!, getting the upper hand is kill-dependent, not RNG. Hence, why I want to put some thoughts on scum's possible options.

HumanDawn said:
Then IMO both of you should vote Pikochu. At this point I'm tired on arguing against ROMCH (and I have a theory on how he may be Town that I thought up just recently) and so may as well go for my next scumread.

Why the wagon on me?

Anyways, hope to see you all in the next phase.

Since Zexy and HumanDawn started the Pikochu BW, they are pretty much clear in my mind. Sunsette looks pretty good as well.

Mido kinda has a point about White Crow's vote. My initial feeling about it was that if White Crow was mafia he would have voted directly to to tie. So now I'm not sure. Nine minutes from EoD isn't a whole lot of time.

The only issue with that is it would be too obvious. We don’t lynch Piko D1, we do it D2, find out he’s mafia, thus revealing that White Crow tied the votes for mafia, thus we lynch them D3. Giving Piko the opportunity to tie the votes works better since it has more room for a defense. However the timing and choice is too opportunistic. Nine minutes is an easy enough amount of time to change a vote. I who was at work posted ten minutes after the thread locked, and was looking at it even before that. Outside of the difficulty of bolding on a phone, a quick small post is easy for anyone online.

I know Zexy's not cleared, but it is extremely unlikely that he would push a lynch that wasn't extremely common.

Great point on White Crow though. Who are you thinking of voting for next phase Mido? Just interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom