• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Fruit Bowl Mafia 2: Endgame: Pasta La Vista, Baby! 22/6/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've already provided my reasons for doing what I did.

*votes someone for making jokes to break silence*

D: Perhaps you didn't catch the part about me criticizing the amount of Pun:Content posts you made.

Except it's not clear how that in any way makes me scummy.

Alright all you other people, who do you want to kill? The guy who made puns, or the guy who wants to start a wagon on the guy who made puns? Don't be shy!

Perhaps you missed when I said starting a wagon on me FOR MAKING PUNS is scummy?

"I think we should vote MegaPod for making puns on D1" Good?

D: Perhaps you didn't catch the part about me criticizing the amount of Pun:Content posts you made.

Why were the puns scummy though? Voting me over something non-scummy is SCUMMY.

You posted precisely 5 posts before I even voted for you.

That's 5 posts with jokevotes, and nothing else. That's 5 fluffposts. That's 5 useless meaningless posts.

"I wanted to break the silence"

That doesn't help anything, because you're replacing silence with white noise, encouraging the game to slack off more. This is a mafia game. The last thing anyone should be doing is encouraging people to not hunt for mafia, in a game about hunting for mafia.

and what do you do? You call me out for attacking your jokes. You could've posted foods you've never eaten or the birthdays of your five favorite jousters from your local Medieval Times; the point is, you took the time to post 5 times, nothing. Nobody else did that, and the only one who really came close to doing that was the game's host.

I'm not attacking your jokes; I'm attacking your attitude and playstyle. Until I called you out, you weren't doing anything. Max asked for most justification, and he got it immediately:

He's made quite a lot of posts with nothing but puns.

It feels like he's scum attempting to hide behind vocality (is that a word? it should be. i'm (tm)'ing it). Why else would he be throwing out puns and jokevotes so frequently? Clearly, he's done it to a more memorable and quantifiable level than anyone else up until now.

Meaning that from the very beginning, justification has been about quantity over quality, and somehow, you've both managed to find ways to completely miss that point.

f9bd7101fc.png

10. To vote, use the following format: "VOTE: <PLAYER>". To unvote, use "UNVOTE: <PLAYER>". A tie in the plurality of votes will result in No Lynch.

Wow, Elieson. You think I was trying to encourage people to not scumhunt? This whole thing about reading too much into silliness is getting ridiculous. I was trying to encourage activity. You know, that thing where people actually post? And also, I don't know if this little point flew over your head a few pages back: Mafia games are for enjoyment. I don't care if I play differently from you and try to have some fun with it, that's no reason to get all pissy on me. I've provided an adequate defense for once, get over it.

Wow, Elieson. You think I was trying to encourage people to not scumhunt? This whole thing about reading too much into silliness is getting ridiculous. I was trying to encourage activity. You know, that thing where people actually post?

Finally, you justify your actions with an explanation and a purpose.

Even if you're town and that was your goal, with precisely nothing else happening, I'm sure you can hardly blame me for pointing my finger at something that was happening. Seriously, at the very least, you cannot possibly state that what I did helped the game continue to stagnate.

And also, I don't know if this little point flew over your head a few pages back: Mafia games are for enjoyment. I don't care if I play differently from you and try to have some fun with it

I'm having fun, too, and while I want everyone to have fun in their own ways, if someone's having fun in a way that I can either find scummy, or attack for various purposes, that's fun for me because then I get to apply pressure towards it and see what happens. I'm not discouraging fun. I'm trying to encourage having fun while playing the game. Otherwise, the game's first 10 hours could've just been general conversation in The Situation Room during a hypothetical and been no different.

that's no reason to get all pissy on me.

The only reason I might be pissy is because of things like when people don't respond to direct questions with direct answers, or when people forget what they've already read/don't read things. That being said, I'm not being pissy at you. If anything, I'm a bit bummed at the general inactivity of the game, but I'm not pissy at any of the players in here. You may simply have not seen me play enough to see how I play games; I've earned a reputation around here. It's not for playing nice, it's for getting results.

I've provided an adequate defense for once, get over it.

You must understand, that this is the first time I feel like I've seen any kind of emotional investment in a response from you, given the entirety of your collective responses.

Just want to comment on some of the things that have been said before I post analysis:

I'll start by asking Elieson if he's just trying to pressure me (with a flimsy case at that) or if he wants to start a wagon.

Why in the world would Elieson answer that? An answer from him at best would reduce the amount of pressure for you to at least give you less of a motivation to provide an answer for yourself.

You are pretty much the only one acting jumpy this game so far, feeling comfortable with my vote here for now. Your votes were pretty much self-preservation and OMGUS and discussion around the matter doesn't really have you contribute on anything.

While I agree that MP12 is acting more jumpy and panicky than he probably should, it seems more like beginner panic.

Making puns isn't scummy. Calling it out like it's the scummiest thing ever is scummy, because it really seems like you're trying to reach for a case on a power player and hope to get them mislynched.

Except MP12 didn't. MP12 was making the case of what it appears, at least to him, an accusation that's pretty much impossible to defend. See the next quote:

Perhaps you missed when I said starting a wagon on me FOR MAKING PUNS is scummy?

"I think we should vote MegaPod for making puns on D1" Good?

"I think we should vote Elieson for trying to lynch me for no good reason" OMGUS?

It's not just making puns, you seemed to be CWACing more than that and have some jumpiness.

To Elie's defense, there really aren't any better cases around here anyway. This lead is somethig and our best bet in generating discussion, too.

The discussion has mainly gone almost nowhere in my opinion. It's just a bunch of "Accuse A, defense B because A, counterargument B is a bad defense because of A because B because A," etc.

Making too many puns and doing too little else is scummy.

What do you suggest that MP12 should have done instead then?

It's also possible he's scum with Zexy.

Highly doubt so. Scum doesn't have much motivation to put themselves on the spotlight like this.

Unvote: ME

Why in the world would Elieson answer that? An answer from him at best would reduce the amount of pressure for you to at least give you less of a motivation to provide an answer for yourself.
I was really just looking for a reaction. I was actually surprised when Elieson admitted to wanting to start a wagon on me, which still seems a bit suspicious to me.

I was really just looking for a reaction. I was actually surprised when Elieson admitted to wanting to start a wagon on me, which still seems a bit suspicious to me.

If he really wanted to start a wagon, would he straightforward admit it? I don't think so.
I agree the intention of both of you was to start discussion but the methods were vastly different but the objective has been somewhat achieved.
We are discussing things, right?
I am sure everyone has their opinions, they just need to come out and express.

Alright, analysis time.

Despite all of MP12's panic and jumpiness, I can't really get a read on him. So far, most of his reaction and rebuttals can easily be attributed more to beginner's panic rather than any alignment in general. Current read on MP12 is null at the moment.

I think Elieson probably went too hard on MP12's reactions and attempts at a rebuttal to Elieson's arguments. It could be that Elieson is really trying to build a case for an easy mislynch and backtrack or is really trying to get the ball rolling in serious mod. Right now, null, could lean either way.

Personally, I find Zexy's involvement between Elieson and MP12 more concerning than the two themselves mainly because Zexy is trying to act like a third party between the two but subtly trying to push for a lynch on MP12 using Elieson to lead the wagon. See: Post #108, Post #112 and Post #110. Current read on Zexy: Leaning slight scum

I do want to hear more on @Max1996's reasons on why Elieson is scum. Specifically, the passages that makes Elie look scum to him. Read on Max: Null

Pika42 seems to be trying to contribute, although the value of the contribution is still at debate. However, it isn't really CWAC worthy to call out. Slight town by planck's length.

I do like the question that jd has raised about scum enjoying the argument and staying on the sidelines. I do want to hear thoughts about what has happened so far between Elie and MP12.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom