• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Pokémon GO Mafia - Endgame - Raid's End - 22/8/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mido & HD possibly scum buddies?

Pushing too much to a lynch with zero proof other than someone typing nothing but confirmed. I did it as well, but that's generally how I play, silent and fast. I won't vote right away but just putting in my two cents.

Pushing too much to a lynch with zero proof other than someone typing nothing but confirmed. I did it as well, but that's generally how I play, silent and fast. I won't vote right away but just putting in my two cents.
Dang caught redhanded.

@HumanDawn Fellow scumbuddy how you been? Who should we nightkill? I say Jsach for catching us :p

Because Pika is scum.

Well, can't doubt you for being straight xD

Nah, I presume Mido just wants to put extra pressure on Pika to get reactions. I don't think this is alignment indicative by either yet.

Mido and HD's actions aren't really scummy, as they are attempting to generate discussion and this is one of their ways of doing so by creating reactions of people which is a very towny thing to do. It goes with their meta no matter what team they are in, making it hard to read them. I also think Midorikawa vote on Pika was to tie votes.

BorgyDudeMan looks like his usual self, bandwagoning for no reason and acting in a joking manner.
Most of the day phase is jokevotes as usual, Jsach and Blink's suspicion on HD's behavior can be put to them being newbies, and Jsach's paranoia reminds me of him in ME Vs WE mafia in which he was town so he earns some townie points in my book.

Fair point. But it's still a bit strange how you presented Pika with a justification, but neglected to comment on two other people above who did the exact same thing.

I can see how it would be strange, but even "neglecting" to do something is another way of tackling things. I'm sorry for being a bit vague, but I don't like revealing all my cards and opinions immediately out of the water unless heavily pressured.

Where have I, or even Mido for that matter, pushed too much? I only posted a vote and then gave my reasoning later, which was just two short sentences. I can understand because it's early Day One, but if you think such short and few sentences with such little reasoning is too much of a push, then how do you recommend we start the game? You seem too quick to bring up that me and Mido could be potential scum buddies, yet I didn't even bring up the possibility that Pika could be Mafia or made an effort to get others to follow me.

Dang caught redhanded.

@HumanDawn Fellow scumbuddy how you been? Who should we nightkill? I say Jsach for catching us :p

I've been fine! Haven't played a game in ages and it seems like it could be stuck in the usual Day 1 rut. Nightkill him? Hmm... how about lynching him? With our combined strength in Mafia he'd be an easy mislynch.

I'm not feeling it at all voting for Pika.

UNVOTE: Pika_Pika42

Confirmed.

Vote: Johnny

Welcome to TWR!

VOTE: jdthebud

I don't like this post, this is like the safest "blend in post with a vote" because of how easy it is to ignore while still making a post. In games where I was Mafia in, if I feel too tense because of the players I am up against, I try to make safe posts like these that have a vote but are entirely forgettable to try to give out the impression that I've "done" something.

Shhh Mido you were not supposed to reveal that. You can't bus your buddy. Not on Day 1. :(
What you talking about? That's the best time to bus. They'll never suspect it.
I've been fine! Haven't played a game in ages and it seems like it could be stuck in the usual Day 1 rut. Nightkill him? Hmm... how about lynching him? With our combined strength in Mafia he'd be an easy mislynch.
I know that feeling. This is my first real mafia since moving and stuff. And it has been ages so welcome back!

Now to be a bit more serious.

UNVOTE: Pika_Pika42
VOTE: jsach

The possible scumbuddies thing after only a few posts on Day 1 is weird. It seems to be trying a bit too hard against aggressive players.

Confirmed.

VOTE:TheCapsFan

That's how much I care for you.

Aw how sweet of you <3

Jsach seems to be jumping the gun a bit. It's way to early to think about scumbuddies. I think Sword Master's post is really thought out, if he keeps posting like that he'll lean town in my eyes.

@HumanDawn That's a joke vote...but ok whatever floats your boat.

[Unvote] JohnnyEtz

[Vote] Jasch

I dislike his insinuation of Mido and HD being scumbuddies, it sounds to me like he's trying to get a town PP out of the game early.

I think Jsach felt suspicious of HD & Mido because they voted without sufficient reason whereas they were actually trying to start communication within the thread.

Jsach has just expressed their suspicion, doesn't really seem scummy to me.

On the other hand, I am not very comfortable with Jdthebud's vote and reasoning. The tone of their post seems like they know it's a mislynch and are yet pushing for it.

Vote: jdthebud

I think Jsach felt suspicious of HD & Mido because they voted without sufficient reason whereas they were actually trying to start communication within the thread.

Jsach has just expressed their suspicion, doesn't really seem scummy to me.

On the other hand, I am not very comfortable with Jdthebud's vote and reasoning. The tone of their post seems like they know it's a mislynch and are yet pushing for it.

Vote: jdthebud
The bolded part here is confusing, aren't you agreeing that Jsach's suspicions are weak by saying this?

And you are putting words in my mouth. I don't know it's a mislynch. Also, why not address my reasoning directly rather than skipping around it? What's your actual take on:
"I dislike his insinuation of Mido and HD being scumbuddies, it sounds to me like he's trying to get a town PP out of the game early.

Your vote seems to resemble sheeping a lot... It would be mighty brave of them to take on a PP on Day 1 with no evidence. Yes, it was a scummy thing to say, but I don't think they're striving to get a PP out of the way. I just see it as grasping at straws early on. And what I got from Pika's post that you quoted above is that Jsach was confused between 'random votes' and 'activity starting,' not that he was suspicious of Jsach because of it. They were just stating what they thought Jsach was thinking.

Can I request a vote tally? @Zexy

Nitpicking, but I did the exact same thing, yet nobody bet an eye.

UNVOTE

Oh and Zexy, while you're at it, can you also mention those who haven't confirmed yet in said tally?
I'm asking much, but being a little lazy on vacation is allowed, not? :p

Your vote seems to resemble sheeping a lot... It would be mighty brave of them to take on a PP on Day 1 with no evidence. Yes, it was a scummy thing to say, but I don't think they're striving to get a PP out of the way. I just see it as grasping at straws early on. And what I got from Pika's post that you quoted above is that Jsach was confused between 'random votes' and 'activity starting,' not that he was suspicious of Jsach because of it. They were just stating what they thought Jsach was thinking.
I said basically the same thing as jd. What are your thoughts on that?

UNVOTE: HumanDawn

Not sure what I think of Jsach yet. This was an odd thing to say, but the tone seems more paranoid than anything to me. I think scum trying to put suspicion on Midori and HD would be a lot less blatant about it.

I really don't like how jd's response to being voted was to vote Jsach, especially since he used basically the exact same justification Midori had. It seemed like jd was trying to take advantage of an opportunity by hopping on the only other wagon with an argument behind it.

Aw how sweet of you <3

Jsach seems to be jumping the gun a bit. It's way to early to think about scumbuddies. I think Sword Master's post is really thought out, if he keeps posting like that he'll lean town in my eyes.
Jsach hasn't voted for either of us or put up a case against us. He's doing better than more than half the players in the game. I agree with Blank, too.

@jdthebud I just remember myself and other scum use it more often than Town. Not super stellar reasoning, but it rubbed me the wrong way with how forgetable it was.

Both you and Midorikawa's reasoning make little sense. If Jsach knew we could be so aggressive he would also know our meta that it was normal and thus be shut down immediately in being called wrong.

DAY 1 VOTE COUNT UPDATE

SoaringDylan I (Sword Master)
TheCapsFan II (JohnnyEtz, BorgyDudeMan)
jdthebud III (HumanDawn, Pika_pika42, Elementar)
Jsach II (Midorikawa, jdthebud)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom