• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
going to chinese forums ¿chinese its the most advanced leakers? ¿what its the most recognized leaker in pokemon last years? i have many question but i was wondering exists level of leakers and sources and information

Sort of thought about it and another thing to add to the heavy kanto pandering that might be possible (Though I'm not complaining about this point) is the cliff hanger with Giovanni at the end of the RR episode. That Giovanni is still out there and that has to be a lead on into Gen 8.

This. Kanto references/pandering aside, that cliffhanger was one hell of a doozy. It feels like it's as intentional and more blatant than the Strange Souvenir in Gen 6. I know that Game Freak tends to leave loose ends, but if they don't follow up on this one I'll be a tad disappointed... maybe more than just a tad.

When Giovanni contemplates about what world he should go after next, that can be taken as him going to another region. Here's an idea: maybe he successfully takes over that region and when doing so, he implements things from his homeland. That could be where the Kanto-heavy references are coming from in the "leaks". The theme of "tradition VS innovation" that's been mentioned a few times could be implemented into that plot as well, when you and the locals try to take back your region from Giovanni's control.

Nothing new to report, but just as a reminder from my source peeps : ">it's a new region, > The game is like a mix between BW and SM, > Due to the overhaul of many things the games will split the fanbase in half" Thats all for now. Save your energy for when the real war starts hahaha

This. Kanto references/pandering aside, that cliffhanger was one hell of a doozy. It feels like it's as intentional and more blatant than the Strange Souvenir in Gen 6. I know that Game Freak tends to leave loose ends, but if they don't follow up on this one I'll be a tad disappointed... maybe more than just a tad.

When Giovanni contemplates about what world he should go after next, that can be taken as him going to another region. Here's an idea: maybe he successfully takes over that region and when doing so, he implements things from his homeland. That could be where the Kanto-heavy references are coming from in the "leaks". The theme of "tradition VS innovation" that's been mentioned a few times could be implemented into that plot as well, when you and the locals try to take back your region from Giovanni's control.
The strange souvenir wasn’t that big of a cliff hanger. It was jsut a hint about Alola. And in Alola it turned out to be nothing more than a cheap souvenir

Nothing new to report, but just as a reminder from my source peeps : ">it's a new region, > The game is like a mix between BW and SM, > Due to the overhaul of many things the games will split the fanbase in half" Thats all for now. Save your energy for when the real war starts hahaha
A mix in what way? Are you meaning the story?

Depends on which split they're dividing, there's lots of them. I guess I'll await what they chose.

I fear that with the battle system changes, we could lose about 40% to 50% of fans in an instant (including possibly myself as well). Hopefully it will be enough to draw new fans or older fans that quit the series back in. I was talking to some people on the Facebook page that I run and two of them said that they think the current battle system is old, outdated, and boring and that they'd rather have something new. Then another one of them says they don't mind what happens as long as they keep Types, Stats, Abilities, and hold items intact from the old battle system.

Last edited:
Still no Corocoro leaks yet... Was expecting them today since the magazine releases on Thursday and they usually leak 3 days before .

I fear that with the battle system changes, we could lose about 40% to 50% of fans in an instant (including possibly myself as well). Hopefully it will be enough to draw new fans or older fans that quit the series back in. I was talking to some people on the Facebook page that I run and two of them said that they think the current battle system is old, outdated, and boring and that they'd rather have something new. Then another one of them says they don't mind what happens as long as they keep Types, Stats, Abilities, and hold items intact from the old battle system.
yeah thats true i feel in bold feel same as i said for my part sorry but all people can accept changes but something like battle system its something overattached for tomorrow magically its changed fans needs step by step different things but not instanly pokemon its pokemon for certain things fans have his tolerance but everything have limits

Still no Corocoro leaks yet... Was expecting them today since the magazine releases on Thursday and they usually leak 3 days before .

The cover of CoroCoro has been out since February 9th. They didn't show a silhouette of Zeraora in the front. And apparently, acorrding to someone on Twitter yesterday, CoroCoro has already been leaked because they claimed to have seen leaks in the magazine with "Buddyfight stuff". Whatever that franchise is. Lol.

yeah thats true i feel in bold feel same as i said for my part sorry but all people can accept changes but something like battle system its something overattached for tomorrow magically its changed fans needs step by step different things but not instanly pokemon its pokemon for certain things fans have his tolerance but everything have limits

I was fine when they removed Gyms in Sun and Moon and replaced them with Trials. But depending on what the exact changes are to the battle system, this is where I may draw the line and quit the series. If the changes don't make me quit, then the next thing to make me quit would be Game Freak retconning all of the currently known Pokémon out of existence and completely rebooting the franchise. That is what I will not tolerate at all and will make me quit right away.

I was fine when they removed Gyms in Sun and Moon and replaced them with Trials. But depending on what the exact changes are to the battle system, this is where I may draw the line and quit the series. If the changes don't make me quit, then the next thing to make me quit would be Game Freak retconning all of the currently known Pokémon out of existence and completely rebooting the franchise. That is what I will not tolerate at all and will make me quit right away.
i honestly doubt they would do something like that, not only you but a majority of the fanbase would probably leave the franchise

Honestly I have to say, if something like that is enough to make you quit the franchise, you might've never been the strongest pokemon fan to begin with. Not that I know the definition of a pokemon fan to begin with.

if something like that is enough to make you quit the franchise, you might've never been the strongest pokemon fan to begin with

I don’t think I'll be leaving the franchise, but Pokemon (hypothetically) changing from Turn based to real time is a HUGE change, enough to completely take out the fun from the game for some. I wouldn’t question their 'status' as a Pokemon fan.

I don’t see Pokemon going real time or anything like that. I hope it still remains turn based and not a button mashing mess.
Not to mention the change may make lots of 'gimmick' Pokemon obsolete if their gimmick cannot be adapted to some new real time system. It may also create a compatibility rift like Gen 2>3 if something like speed was taken out, and it’s the last thing GameFreak want on their hands. EDIT: And it'll take a COLOSSAL amount of time to rework near 900 Pokemon and forms that will exist in the new game.
I don’t think the battle system change will be major enough to be game-breaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom