• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

I'm gonna get the games and experience how lacking these games are that all you guys are talking about for myself and draw my own conclusion. :)
Same here Kiran. I intend to get it and simply play. I don't care about the lack of content. I just want to enjoy the story.

Yeah every news and interviews I see it makes me feel ill....at least there's Smash and the rest of 2019 to look foward to including Gen 8 (PLEASE less handholding and with more serious depth again sad to say I'm not holding my breath...at least it'll still be good at least)
I agree....definite pass for me till a much later date at least I got Smash and other stuff next year coming up!

Well, Meltan's evolution is confirmed. It is called Melmetal and it requires 400 Meltan candy to evolve. It can also only evolve in Pokemon GO, which begs the question as to how it will be obtained in future Pokemon games.
WHAT!? That's crazy! While I do see why it can only evolve in Go, that is just ridiculous!

So we finally got to see Melmetal. It reminds me a lot those Japanese giant mechas, kinda like Complete Zygarde.

It’s a pity that it is pure Steel-type. It would have been so cool if it had some underused double typing.

Though, where is it said that this evolution is a Pokémon GO-exclusive? Perhaps you’ll be able to get it in Let’s Go in some way, maybe by transferring Melmetal directly from GO.

How’s that Power Saves for the Switch coming along? Because if ever I could think of a reason for hacking....

It has become clear that Meltan will only evolve into Melmetal in Pokémon GO. To evolve it, you will need 400 Meltan Candies.

I had already gotten the part about being able to evolve Meltan only in GO, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that Melmetal won’t be available in Let’s Go through other means.

I mean, you can’t evolve Eevee into Espeon or Umbreon in the FR/LG games, for example, but you can still get those evolutions by evolving Eevee in RSE and trading them in FR/LG. So, even if you may be unable to evolve Meltan directly in LG, that doesn’t mean that you can’t obtain it in some fashion in the games.

I had already gotten the part about being able to evolve Meltan only in GO, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that Melmetal won’t be available in Let’s Go through other means.

I mean, you can’t evolve Eevee into Espeon or Umbreon in the FR/LG games, for example, but you can still get those evolutions by evolving Eevee in RSE and trading them in FR/LG. So, even if you may be unable to evolve Meltan directly in LG, that doesn’t mean that you can’t obtain it in some fashion in the games.

Seeing as to even obtain the pre-Evolved Meltan you need GO I doubt that.

It's a mythical, so it isn't supposed to be obtained via normal gameplay. It might very well get a movie distribution, although it wouldn't do the movie any favors. I am not convinced that there isn't yet another mythical, which would promote LGPE's compatibility with the next generation.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom