• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a pissed off Pikachu. Of course it's worth it.

1b7103325084e5232918ea9a84989d009bc8a30410898fa7edf97db8e096cfc9_facebook

Did you feel Oras and Let's go were somehow different from the original games because of new megas and Meltan? Those were very small additions. The plot is basically the same, the region is exactly the same. You have played the old game with small additions here and there.
About sw/sh, as I've already said the games may be good and may be better than past games. This doesn't mean that I don't see that the gameplay is back to x/y (gyms, random encounters, 3ds engine, old capture mechanic, no pokemon in the overworld).
I mean the trailer is crystal clear: the way you play the game is like the past (with obvious new mechanics like previous games have done).
What I said is not a pov: the trailer shows no real jump from a weak handled console to a home console in terms of graphics (s/m in hd, 3ds engine) and gameplay (gyms, random encounters, limited exploration, old capture mechanic, no pokemon in the overworld).
You rather remind me of what Joe said-

View: https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/1100511564283740161?s=20

According to this leak, it's from someone that is at work on the demos for E3. It says that the main focus of the demo is around the Lake District area with a forest that is 4x as big as the Verillion Forest.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRhMCA8ji1Y

The Pokemon are...

A Wood Warbler Pokemon called Soarbler (Green Warblers are in red in the UK according to the RSPCB)
A Water Vole Pokemon called Navole
A Dog Pokemon called Pembork
A Grass Type Badger Pokemon called Thidsle
A Juniper Shield Bug Pokemon called Junimorph, which then evolves into Trinstra and then Shieldsect.

Take all these in with a grain of salt and be wary with this info. As realistic as they may sound, they do sound too good for Game Freak to pull off.

According to this leak, it's from someone that is at work on the demos for E3. It says that the main focus of the demo is around the Lake District area with a forest that is 4x as big as the Verillion Forest.

The Pokemon are...

A Wood Warbler Pokemon called Soarbler (Green Warblers are in red in the UK according to the RSPCB)
A Juniper Shield Bug Pokemon called Junimorph, which then evolves into Trinstra and then Shieldsect.

Take all these in with a grain of salt and be wary with this info. As realistic as they may sound, they do sound too good for Game Freak to pull off.

I wouldn't be surprised if Pembork is based on a pug.

Honestly, I would stop these remakes. Game Freak is obsessed by remakes and the fact that people keep asking for them is not a good thing from my pov. There are plenty of better ways to live a generation again rather than play a game that is a 1:1 story with better graphics. Let's take gen 4 for example:

• Sinnoh post-game of Kalos. The plot of Galar may be related to Sinnoh and then fully develop there.
  • Sinnoh sequels. Discover how the plot of Sinnoh evolved during the years of Megas, Z-moves and Multiverse.
  • Sinnoh prequels. The plot may involve the story of the origin of universe and how the pokemon world is structured.
We are in 2019 and Game Freak has just released a trailer that shows that pokemon did not fully evolved with the jump on the Switch in graphics and gameplay. Can we have at least new evolutions in the plot of past games instead of being forced to play another 1:1 grid-based Kanto remake in 5 years?
We don't need a game every year, we need this franchise to take a new route.

A) Remakes are made so they are more accessible to people who didn't/don't have access to the original;
B) Remakes are generally made for people who recently got into the franchise and don't have a way to play past gens, but they also have new content (like nods and references to the more recent games, new gimmicks, better graphics, new mechanics from newer games, new locations), especially when it comes to the post-game (like the Delta Episode);
C) "Sinnoh post-game of Kalos"? What...? You mean Galar should have the same post-game as Kalos (which is generally considered to be bad iirc), except with Sinnoh or did you mean something else?;
And, most importantly:
D) When I think of a Pokémon game, I think of a turn-based JRPG strategy video game. It's a well established formula that has basically become iconic to the franchise. And, most importantly, it's not a terrible, archaic formula (like you make it out to be), but actually a formula that works. This formula is what makes Pokémon... well, Pokémon.
Pokémon doesn't need some kind of sudden, drastic change in order to stay relevant. In fact, one could argue that something like that could do irreparable damage to the franchise (the same way sudden changes damaged other franchises, like Mass Effect and Star Wars, to name a few).

A) Remakes are made so they are more accessible to people who didn't/don't have access to the original;
B) Remakes are generally made for people who recently got into the franchise and don't have a way to play past gens, but they also have new content (like nods and references to the more recent games, new gimmicks, better graphics, new mechanics from newer games, new locations), especially when it comes to the post-game (like the Delta Episode);
C) "Sinnoh post-game of Kalos"? What...? You mean Galar should have the same post-game as Kalos (which is generally considered to be bad iirc), except with Sinnoh or did you mean something else?;
And, most importantly:
D) When I think of a Pokémon game, I think of a turn-based JRPG strategy video game. It's a well established formula that has basically become iconic to the franchise. And, most importantly, it's not a terrible, archaic formula (like you make it out to be), but actually a formula that works. This formula is what makes Pokémon... well, Pokémon.
Pokémon doesn't need some kind of sudden, drastic change in order to stay relevant. In fact, one could argue that something like that could do irreparable damage to the franchise (the same way sudden changes damaged other franchises, like Mass Effect and Star Wars, to name a few).
Couldn't have said it better myself :D

The Pokemon are...

Most of those names don't sound very creative--though Pembork is kinda cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom