• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

S24: Pokémon Master Journeys: The Series - Dub Title Thread

It will be interesting to see if they've decided to assign the the theme song of this season to the "Walk off the Earth" group or not. Anyway I think we can expect it to have the word "master" somewhere. Now that I think about it, a remix of the second dub OP "Pokémon World" would work nicely with the overall feel of the season. We' ve already got a remix of "Pokémon Theme" with Season 17, so it wouldn't be bad to get the next one this time.

Any chance Netflix didn't renew their contract? Pokemon Koko's english press release thus far mentions no relationship with Netflix while previous movies had and the anime hasn't been lighting up the top anime ranking charts. Netflix also is quick to discard anything that doesn't show immediate success.

Last edited:
Any chance Netflix didn't renew their contract? Pokemon Koko's english press release thus far mentions no relationship with Netflix while previous movies had and the anime hasn't been lighting up the top anime ranking charts. Netflix also is quick to discard anything that doesn't show immediate success.

While Journeys didn't make their top ten shows of 2020, that doesn't necessarily mean that the series has been unsuccessful for Netflix, especially when they don't tend to give a lot of information on ow well shows perform on their site. The Mewtwo movie remake did do pretty well for them from what I recall and new batches of Journeys episodes usually were on their top ten series for that week too. It wouldn't be impossible for Netflix to not keep the series given how they tend to operate, but I don't think that they'd drop Journeys after one season. The reason Netflix wasn't mentioned was most likely because the newest season would start airing in other countries before it premiered on Netflix.

I'm also not really sure where else the dub could air. It's unlikely that any cable channel will pick it up again. I guess they could got with one of the other streaming services out there, but if that was the case, I think they would have mentioned it in the press release for the new dub eason as well.

I'll give em props for not spoiling anything for English Dub watchers but other than that yeah. It's really generic
If you look closely you can spot a certain character just before they show the logo in the beginning.

Last edited:
I kind of love this new opening theme. I don't recall if they've had any other opening theme sung by a woman before. I'm sure that it has happened and I just can't remember, but it does make this theme stand out to me. Journey to your heart does kind of sound romantic, but I think it fits with how trainers and Pokemon can bond with each other. It could work as a song sung by a Pokemon wanting to be chosen by a specific trainer. It has a nice beat and feels more unique than I was expecting.

As for spoiling Iris and Gary's returns, I don't see that as a problem. Not only because their returns would be mentioned everywhere online as it is, but it would get fans excited to see them again even if they had been able to avoid spoilers from the Japanese version.

I really hope that they'll release a full version of this song once the season premieres on Netflix. I think that would give me a better idea on how the song works. Plus, like a lot of the thirty second openings, it just feels like it's starting to get going when it has to suddenly end. Throwing in the word Pokemon randomly at the end was also an odd choice. But I do think it's a pretty good opening so far at least.

I kind of love this new opening theme. I don't recall if they've had any other opening theme sung by a woman before. I'm sure that it has happened and I just can't remember, but it does make this theme stand out to me.
"We Will Be Heroes" and "Battle Cry - (Stand Up!)" (seasons 11 and 12) already did.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom