• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

S24: Pokémon Master Journeys: The Series - Dub Title Thread

I don't mind the song! I don't like it quite as much as the last one, but it's pretty good. I think I've said this about another opening in the past, but it reminds me of the pop songs I would listen to as a kid in the early 00s, so I have a soft spot for that kind of sound. It's fun and upbeat, so matches Journeys' vibe pretty well. And I like that they adapted a lot of the Japanese opening for this one! It actually really fits the song (especially the part where Ash and Goh are dancing in front of Chloe...it honestly almost syncs up!)

Two things did stand out negatively to me, though: the cut from Gary directly to the title screen felt really abrupt and awkward, especially since they slapped the Pokémon logo right over his face. I probably would've gone directly into that last scene and then had the logo pop up. The second: why did we have to bring back shoehorning the word "Pokémon" into the end of the song? We know what show we're watching, and that was something I loved about the last opening: I could listen to the full song and didn't necessarily have to associate it with Pokémon. Having it back again is pretty disappointing.

Guess who composed the theme song to this season? Ed Goldfarb! I know not a lot of y'all like this guy but personally, I really dig it! It's very different from of his XY/SM theme songs and really I just like the fact that were going back to a more Rock&Roll-style of song, that I missed since Stand Tall. I actually thought it was Walk of the Earth doing the song but, now makes too much sense. Good to see Haven Paschall back at it again singer-wise and speaking of singers Goldfarb sings this song also as a backing Vocalist just WOW! I think this is the 1st Pokemon anything in which he ever sings a song cuz it's usually someone else. Anyway, can you tell how much I like this after all i've written?

The opening was good. The song's cute and less repetitive than the last 3. The edition is a bit messy as usual, but it represents the spirit of the Japanese one very well and shows its key scenes. My only complaint would be that they should have gone all or nothing with the scene with the mythicals.

The ending was a nice surprise. I was fully expecting for them do use the same one like in Season 21, but they made a new one with parts they hadn't used of Shiritori and the opening. If only the Japanese would understand too when it's time to change the ending...

Needs a stronger instrumentation (the drums sound really weak), but the melody is good.

The "Pokémon" at the end sounds awkward as heck though. Goldfarb has this thing where he keeps trying to challenge standard rhythm and time signature conventions, but it's always a hit or miss.

Lisa Ortiz has confirmed in a live stream that S24 will be airing in America in the Fall

Can someone tell me what months are the Fall as in England, we don't use that term
I wonder why it will be this late. This means that even some non-English dubs will air it before the US. Also, is "airing" a term also used for streaming services like Netflix?

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom