• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Rainbow Rocket Mafia - Endgame - Rainbow Rocket has reached Orbit! - Town and Independent Victory!

I don't know...that would get as much attention on Caps as on Fatima...
True. But some scum aren’t afraid of getting attention on themselves, especially if the options are:
1. Get attention on yourself and out a scum teammate Lynched, giving you towncred and potentially saving yourself from being outed by said scum teammate who has a history of gamethrowing.
2. Not say anything in order to avoid drawing attention to yourself and then potentially getting outed anyway by your gamethrowing teammate.

when you’re scum, it’s not about avoiding attention, it’s about controlling the type of attention that’s on you. Case in point, you have a scumlean on me, despite the fact that I’ve been a lightning rod for attention this whole game so far.

Also, one more question for you.
You think I’m scum, but your basic reasons for voting for Space are because of a case that I made. Do you think I’m bussing a teammate on D1, or do you think I’m trying to fabricate a case on a town member?

All of this having been said, I do like that you’re actually expressing unique thoughts right now, and means I’m putting you in a townlean slot for now. Good job, Max. :D

You think I’m scum, but your basic reasons for voting for Space are because of a case that I made. Do you think I’m bussing a teammate on D1, or do you think I’m trying to fabricate a case on a town member?
If you're scum, it could go either way.

If you're not...then I'm way off in every way imaginable.

It is kind of indirect but also like very direct and to the point in saying “this is the exact place in the post which references my alignment.” Because the word Townie is also mentioned in ME’s quote in that same post but Fatima specifically directed away from that.
UNVOTE: Max1996
VOTE: Fatima Snow Witch

good enough for me

max still feels too hesitant

Honestly, you're putting a bit too much focus on me alone at the moment.
I’m poking you and my good buddy Caps because you’re here.
it also helps me form reads on you, which is difficult to do when a lot of what you said prior to me poking you were things other people had said or “nothing stands out to me.”
Now I’ve gotten you to express a few unique thoughts and reads.
That was my goal the whole time.

Number A, that’s not a game I’m familiar with, probably since it would have been during my hiatus or simply a game I never played.
I admit that this adds context to your vote and is really unsportsmanlike behavior from Fatima. However, follow up question, has Fatima ever claimed scum when they’ve been Town?
Yknow, I don't actually know the answer to that question. But their prior behavior of claiming Mafia as Mafia numerous times (in a row) outweighs any one or more times they might claim Mafia as Town, in my eyes.

…says the guy who said he would Vig kill me N1 if he RNG’d vigilante, despite the fact that HumanDawn, Elieson, and Midorikawa are all vastly more experienced players than I am and are all in this game.
There is no logic behind this decision, so I can only assume it’s fear. :p
Aw ME...can a guy not have a bit of fun anymore? I mean you're right about one thing: I am very, very scared of Elieson. Which makes me happy that he's claimed Mafia because it means we don't have to worry about him anymore, we can just elim him once we're done with Fatima!

1. I said I liked the read, not that I agreed with it. I understand where Elieson was coming from when he made that particular read, and it jived with your performance in past games, while pointing out a contradiction between your behavior and your posts. It makes sense as a read.
2. The only thing I am ignoring is Fatima’s claim to be scum. For most people, this is an NAI thing. Yes, your added context above does make it more plausible that Fatima could be scum, but if this is truly gamethrowing behavior, then Fatima should be dealt with by the hosts, not by wildly throwing around votes.
1. That's fair, nothing to respond to here. As I said earlier I didn't think the read was bad either.
2. I mean, that's cool and all, but there isn't a MoD for this game right now (which is partially my fault whoops) so I'd rather not deal with the bureaucracy and at least give a stance ingame.

As far as your questions, both seemed to be completely unserious, which is why I ignored them. The Max question was in a post where you asked my to Lynch you, so, I suppose, if you want me to take your question seriously, you also want me to vote for you.
But let me answer those now for you.
Hm...reading down you're not voting for me yet...why is that?

First, I’ve never been so insulted in my whole life. I don’t rely on meta, I rely on personality and characteristics of the individual players.
What’s the difference? Meta can change. People vary their plays and change their overall strategies and approaches to the game for each individual game they play.
Personality and characteristics can change too. And Meta/Metagaming is taking any outside information that does not directly apply to the game and applying it to the game. This includes anything from behavior in outside games to online/offline status. So by saying you rely on the personality and characteristics of the individual players, you must be forming those understandings based on some basis of experience you have with them. Of course, you could be doing that based on the simple internal personality and characteristics of the players ingame, that wouldn't be meta. But I'm making the assumption that's not the case, and as such, you're metagaming! Which isn't a bad thing, it isn't illegal, it isn't alignment indicative, it's just something you're doing.

No. I am not Fatima’s scum buddy, or anyone’s scum buddy for that matter, since I’m town. It should go without saying that, even if Fatima and I were scumbuddies, I would still deny it, so I didn’t take this question seriously.
Good to hear! That puts you safely in the "wouldn't-want-to-eliminate-today" category.

As for remembering games from “years ago,” I’ve only played in less than 30 games, and I’ve got a good memory. Pokémon vs. Digimon Mafia, Prank Wars Mafia, and Guess Your Role Mafia were the last games I played before my hiatus. Guess Your Role was particularly memorable to me because of how chaotic it was, and how much I enjoyed screwing around during that game, and yet still managed to end up being he big hero.
On the other hand, expecting me to know about a game that I didn’t play in, and a game that probably took place while I was on hiatus, is kinda unreasonable, bub.
Yes I know that, and I know using meta that you have a good memory, which is why I asked in good faith if you wanted me to point you in the direction of the evidence. I also know you sometimes like to read games you're not a part of, so there was some chance that you read that particular game.

I continue to harp on Max because his responses don’t strike me as Townie. They strike me as being his usual vague self. I’m trying to understand where his head is at, and he keeps giving me fluff or vague responses.
It’s Max, so this isn’t entirely unexpected, but I am trying to get him to come out of his shell a bit.
What about his responses seems so Townie to you, and, again, if you expect me to take this question seriously, why shouldn’t I take the rest of the post seriously and Lynch you?
I actually don't see much vagueness in Max's play so far this game, at least when prodded. He also came right off the bat with a read in his first post, for one, which is unusual hm maybe if it's unusual maybe he's mafia.

Stuff like this:
2. I thought it seemed a bit odd for Mafia to clarify that sort of thing.
Simply the fact that, at this point, no players have died yet, Town or Mafia, which doesn't say anything good about the odds of a D1 Mafia lynch.
shows that he's thinking about the game and trying to reason through it. That's gamesolving, which is townie. I feel like scum!Max would be like "idk" or "vibes" or something like that, and that reasoning doesn't seem like something he can just get from collaboration in maf chat.

And you can elim me if you want. I don't see a vote headed my way, so

The more experienced players aren’t really home right now, as you mentioned, and most of them aren’t “intimidated” by me, as well they should not be.
As for my focus on the here and now, I’m trying to get as much accomplished as I can and quickly because, for me, the phase ends at 7pm or so this evening, and I won’t be around until well into N1, so I’ll talk to whatever players are actively around instead of trying to engage in conversation with someone who may not reply until after I’m gone for Sabbath, which is useless for any D1 reads.
Is that 7PM central or eastern?

Nah. What insulted me was your insinuation that I use meta to form reads on people. :p
We all do, except for Mido. Which makes her formidable. And I'm sure that even she does it without realizing sometimes.

If I’m supposed to take all of your posts seriously now, when, where, and how did this happen?
Read up my guy
I don't know...that would get as much attention on Caps as on Fatima...
I like attention. :cool: One thing that ME and I have in common for sure is that we both have big egos.

I’m poking you and my good buddy Caps because you’re here.
it also helps me form reads on you, which is difficult to do when a lot of what you said prior to me poking you were things other people had said or “nothing stands out to me.”
Now I’ve gotten you to express a few unique thoughts and reads.
That was my goal the whole time.
Fair enough. :p

I’ll respond to everything else in your post in a bit Caps, but to address this point:
2. I mean, that's cool and all, but there isn't a MoD for this game right now (which is partially my fault whoops) so I'd rather not deal with the bureaucracy and at least give a stance ingame.
If it comes down to it, and there is gamebreaking or unsportsmanlike behavior that happens, I will put on my HA hat and quash it if no one else is around to do so. You can and should do the same in your capacity as a War Room staffer.
the MoD exists to try to avoid situations where a staffer playing the game needs to be involved in staff matters pertaining to the game, but we are still staff members.

If it comes down to it, and there is gamebreaking or unsportsmanlike behavior that happens, I will put on my HA hat and quash it if no one else is around to do so. You can and should do the same in your capacity as a War Room staffer.
the MoD exists to try to avoid situations where a staffer playing the game needs to be involved in staff matters pertaining to the game, but we are still staff members.
Hey now, I know how to do my job :p I just don't want to ruin the integrity of the game just yet. This is a discussion probably best after it's over anyway.

Earlier it looked like Max agreed to the scum read on Space and then he went to unvoting Space saying he needed to think about it and then to voting Space again was weird. Both of those slots look suspicious and from what I have seen it looks like they both can't be mafia together. I still want to see more from Space on what she has to say.
What gives you the sense of tmi in that post?

About the bolded, Space's vote on Max looked suspicious and when I looked at Mido's read on Space it started to make me wonder if Mido could be scum who could be tmiing on Space being town. It looked like Mido was town reading Space and how in the world could she be town reading a player who made a suspicious vote.

And besides, my vote on Fatima isn't biased in any way because I am a staff member, I would have the same read regardless of whether I was a staff or regular member. So my vote on them, based in meta and fact, is justified anyway.

Like I said earlier, I'm not going to tolerate this kind of stuff.

Earlier it looked like Max agreed to the scum read on Space and then he went to unvoting Space saying he needed to think about it and then to voting Space again was weird. Both of those slots look suspicious and from what I have seen it looks like they both can't be mafia together. I still want to see more from Space on what she has to say.
I'll give you time to read up, but what are your thoughts on Max after his conversation with ME?

Also, I don't think ME and Space can both be Mafia either because as much as I wouldn't put it past ME to bus D1, Space's reaction seemed like it was coming from a town perspective IMO

I read through Fatima's posts and I wasn't able to find where they claimed scum.

Yknow, I don't actually know the answer to that question. But their prior behavior of claiming Mafia as Mafia numerous times (in a row) outweighs any one or more times they might claim Mafia as Town, in my eyes.
Again, this is a fair assessment, given the additional background information you provided.
Incidentally, I actually did read that game, and one question I have is that Fatima was blatantly obvious about the claim in the game you linked, but seems to be a lot more subtle here, even assuming they’re claiming scum.
Why the change?
Aw ME...can a guy not have a bit of fun anymore? I mean you're right about one thing: I am very, very scared of Elieson.
I know, I know. I’m just pulling your leg. Though you are correct to be very, very afraid of Elieson.
Hm...reading down you're not voting for me yet...why is that?
Because I asked if you were serious about wanting to be lynched. I wanted to give you the courtesy of allowing a response.
Good to hear! That puts you safely in the "wouldn't-want-to-eliminate-today" category.
…so are you solely basing your reads at this point on whether or not people claim to be scum? I also literally said that I would deny being scum even if I was scum in the same post.
Yes I know that, and I know using meta that you have a good memory, which is why I asked in good faith if you wanted me to point you in the direction of the evidence. I also know you sometimes like to read games you're not a part of, so there was some chance that you read that particular game.
Okay. Yes. And the added context of the game was helpful. Please reply to my above query, though.
shows that he's thinking about the game and trying to reason through it. That's gamesolving, which is townie. I feel like scum!Max would be like "idk" or "vibes" or something like that, and that reasoning doesn't seem like something he can just get from collaboration in maf chat.
I think we can agree to disagree on that. In particular the comment about how it’s D1 and nobody died yet so there’s no information and we can’t really form a good Lynch seemed a bit generic.
Besides which, both of those posts came after I poked him for information, and continuing to poke him convinced him to post more unique thoughts, resulting in our actually agreeing about something in this game.
Is that 7PM central or eastern?
7pm Central, though I will likely be less active starting around 5pm Central, after I leave the office. Ironic.
I like attention. :cool: One thing that ME and I have in common for sure is that we both have big egos.
You learned it from ME. :p

Again, this is a fair assessment, given the additional background information you provided.
Incidentally, I actually did read that game, and one question I have is that Fatima was blatantly obvious about the claim in the game you linked, but seems to be a lot more subtle here, even assuming they’re claiming scum.
Why the change?
That's a question for @Fatima Shadow Frost Witch not me.

Specifically, Fatima, the question to you is: why the change in behavior from previous times you have claimed scum in games? Are you actually Mafia this game?

Might as well lay it out clearly for my scumbuddy right?

Because I asked if you were serious about wanting to be lynched. I wanted to give you the courtesy of allowing a response.
Only a Jester would want to be eliminated, I think it's pretty obvious that I'm not a Jester.

…so are you solely basing your reads at this point on whether or not people claim to be scum? I also literally said that I would deny being scum even if I was scum in the same post.
Absolutely not. Just because Elieson claimed scum doesn't mean that I would actually want to elim him today.

Back
Top Bottom