• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Rainbow Rocket Mafia - Endgame - Rainbow Rocket has reached Orbit! - Town and Independent Victory!

You. Is this a genuine reaction of surprise or are you just trying to point a big red arrow at this?
I read it as genuine surprise, but subsequent reads make me lean towards the latter.
grindow.png

For some batshit reason, Fatima likes to out their partners when they're scum. The fact that they've already admitted to being scum themselves, plus the fact they specifically questioned HD's intro vote on you doesn't make you look very good if Fatima's scum. Note they specifically asked about your vote rather than any of the other votes posted around that time.
If Fatima flips scum then that would mean they would want to try to make fake association with town to try to make it look like the other town player is scum when they are not. Scum will do everything they can to link themselves with other town players and to take down town with them. I know this from experience because I have been in this situation a couple of times before.

If Fatima flips scum then that would mean they would want to try to make fake association with town to try to make it look like the other town player is scum when they are not. Scum will do everything they can to link themselves with other town players and to take down town with them. I know this from experience because I have been in this situation a couple of times before.
the thing is they are not that deep to try this off

If I am understanding Caps, HD, and Tood correctly, Fatima has a nasty habit of deliberately outing their scumbuddies when they’re Mafia. It’s a really shitty thing to do, but that’s why there’s concern about you.

Something like Elieson’s intro post, my conversation with Max, which, based on your Unvote, I assume helped alleviate some of your doubts on Max, or the Fatima situation.

Max isn't seeming town or mafia to me at the moment and my attention lies elsewhere now hence the vote on Jinjo.

idk why quotes always mess up for me but anyway, TheCapsFan has been solid to me thus far--he's said more since you've posted that is more substantial, but even before then, his posts haven't been pointless. also, his first post itself was unnecessary and I don't think mafia would do that right off the bat and bring attention to themselves.

HumanDawn is a bit off with their immediate Caps=Town read, because they said nothing to back it up, but it isn't actively trying to make Caps look any more town, which means there's no presented hidden or ulterior motive in what he said, just a stated opinion.

that's it? because he didn't seem to have a reason behind his statement, he seems town?

for the record I'm not disagreeing that Human is town (he's got me leaning towards as much as well) but this is weird reasoning

Jinjo made a strikingly good point on #103, calling out Space's lack of vote adjustment. If one of these two are [same-aligned] scum, the other one isn't.

please explain what was strikingly good

I highly doubt Caps would bring up the whole 'Fatima admits Mafia' thing if they were scumbuddies.

Caps is just bringing up the facts with it though, and this is a tricky situation because it could go multiple ways. I don't think he should be thought of as town or scumbuddy solely due to bringing this up.

For some batshit reason, Fatima likes to out their partners when they're scum. The fact that they've already admitted to being scum themselves, plus the fact they specifically questioned HD's intro vote on you doesn't make you look very good if Fatima's scum. Note they specifically asked about your vote rather than any of the other votes posted around that time.

yeah... this is what makes it difficult because while I am hesitant to use meta and don't like to do so (though I am certainly guilty of it) Fatima has done this at least twice that I can remember and as you brought up, most recently in Fire Emblem mafia.

On your second sentence the way how I am interpreting it looks like you said I called you and Mido scum buddies when I originally said it looked like Mido could be scum who tmiid you as town.

You were specifically stating I'm being suspicious and that my reasoning was flimsy, which means you think I'm scummy or scum. thinking Midorikawa is scum as well is what makes me think you're calling us scum buddies?

@Space what do you think of Fatima?

I really don't understand what he's thinking, but like TheCapsFan has said, Fatima has a history of doing this before--outing himself as mafia, so his weird way of going about it right now might really be him admitting he's scum. But on the other hand, he has been mislynched due to odd, cryptic behavior. I want to see what he has to say

I feel no malice in the hearts of Space, TheCapsFan, Tood and DawningWinds thus far.

My point is, if you wanted to start a conversation with Max about his reasoning, it was just as easy, and would have gotten that ball rolling just as effectively if you had quoted his post and asked him the question without casting a vote.
This is mafia, you can talk without throwing a vote into the mix.
Not really. Votes=Better Pressure. That's why D1 has the most flip flop of votes.
Since you admitted here your vote is a placeholder saying maybe you will choose to unvote and vote someone else then it looks like you are not scum reading him. Why bother voting a player when you're not scum reading them? Joke votes in the beginning are fine but if the joke votes stay till the end of day 1 then that would look suspicious since it would look like scum are afraid to move out of joke votes.
Why the rush to unvote? Have you given her a better option? It is bad to keep a non-serious vote when you say you agree with a serious one. Also the moment she unvotes due to people pressuring her, she'll be seen as scummy.
Looking more on this post I wonder if this is tmi.
Too much information? Idk how. TMI would be something like "my dog busts down the bathroom door if I don't leave it open" That's TMI, not my thoughts on the thread.
Don't know what to make of Mido and it looked like she town read Space for responding and being active and those type of stuff is nai.
I don't scumread her, so if you want to call that townreading her then go wild. But how the heck is that NAI? Reads are never NAI.
Already have reads. Building a chart right now. In the meantime, if anyone can interpret this picture correctly, you win a prize tonight.
First Caps is getting flirty with me and now you looking at me over your girl. I'm honored.
You gotta post like we're idiots, friend. That's the only way to get through to us.
Yes. I like this policy.
You read Midorikawa as town, but also don't know what to make of it? Wut?
No she read me as reading Space as town. I'm mafia.
injo made a strikingly good point on #103, calling out Space's lack of vote adjustment. If one of these two are [same-aligned] scum, the other one isn't.
"Voting that X is scummy." "Fine I'll unvote them." "You unvoted them only after being pressured. You're scummy!"
That's what happens like 90% of the time, so why should she waste the effort when she has yet to find a new target?
Aggressive midori and ME are usually town midori and ME but that's not a full read either.
Since when am I not aggressive as Mafia?
For now...
Unvote: Space

I need to think this over.
Why?
Mind you, I'll still keep my initial reason in mind for later, but right now, it's a bit risky...which doesn't make much sense either, now that I think about it.
AlienatedKeenGroundhog-size_restricted.gif
That's true...I'll commit to my vote.
Vote: Space
..................................................................................................................................................SPEAK BOY!!!!!
At least I distinctly remember making wallposts in the game on my phone while sitting on the toilet in my little house on the hill down in Charlottesville.
And Jinjo thinks I'm TMI. Though we all probably do this.
@Maniacal Engineer Here's the game:

Fatima claims mafia in #362. Reconfirms in #364. HD notes that this is (again!!!!!!) not the first time they have done this in #367. Says they're trying to draw attention away from jdthebud in #389.

Fatima piled on with votes throughout D1. Elim'd at the end of the day, flips as Mafia in #446.

Night 1, jdthebud is killed, flips as Mafia in #480.

I won't disagree that claiming Mafia is not inherently scummy. I did so as town in this very game right at the beginning. However, I believe there is logical reasoning behind believing this one at least.
Fatima has done it outside of that game too.
Look man, I'm just saying. If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck.
walks in like a duck QUACK! Am I a duck now?
On that note, would you agree with ME very slightly leaning scum for me?
Why does this sound tentative? Have you no conviction?
Number A, that’s not a game I’m familiar with, probably since it would have been during my hiatus or simply a game I never played.
I admit that this adds context to your vote and is really unsportsmanlike behavior from Fatima. However, follow up question, has Fatima ever claimed scum when they’ve been Town?
To answer your question: Not that I can think of.
He’s still assuming Fatima is scum solely based on Fatima claiming to be scum.
also, if what Caps says is true, and Fatima outed their scumbuddies the last time they claimed scum as scum, then it is very much something scum!Caps would do, to eliminate the possibility of being outed by a gamethrowing teammate.
1) Who the heck wouldn't do this? 2) I honestly think lynching Fatima is the most NAI thing possible.
(gonna brb to shower)
TMI Caps. TMI.
That’s true except i’m already conf town
How?
The more experienced players aren’t really home right now, as you mentioned, and most of them aren’t “intimidated” by me, as well they should not be.
You're right. I am currently at work. Though by the time I post this post I'll probably be at home.
True. But some scum aren’t afraid of getting attention on themselves, especially if the options are:
coughmidocough
shows that he's thinking about the game and trying to reason through it. That's gamesolving, which is townie. I feel like scum!Max would be like "idk" or "vibes" or something like that, and that reasoning doesn't seem like something he can just get from collaboration in maf chat.
.....There was no gamesolving in what you quoted.
We all do, except for Mido. Which makes her formidable. And I'm sure that even she does it without realizing sometimes.
How dare you! But yes I do occasionally.
I like attention. :cool: One thing that ME and I have in common for sure is that we both have big egos.
Please for everyone's sake then, don't stroke each other's egos.
About the bolded, Space's vote on Max looked suspicious and when I looked at Mido's read on Space it started to make me wonder if Mido could be scum who could be tmiing on Space being town. It looked like Mido was town reading Space and how in the world could she be town reading a player who made a suspicious vote.
.....how do you "too much information" on someone. Also to answer that latter half it is quite simple. The vote wasn't suspicious to me.
Also, I don't think ME and Space can both be Mafia either because as much as I wouldn't put it past ME to bus D1, Space's reaction seemed like it was coming from a town perspective IMO
Only me, Human, and ExLight can pull off a massive hate fight in thread and get away with it.
slowly slinks away from the thread in hopes that other players will feel more inclined to post their thoughts without me taking up so much space
THEN STOP POSTING!!!! I forgot to check to see if the player list meant I could sleep. Apparently it means I cannot.
Sure. Like a Jester would admit to being a Jester.
I'm a jester. Now to catch up on more thread yay -_-

Seriously stop posting people. LEt me catch up. Then I'll give more thoughts. Also I thought I quoted more...oh well.

You were specifically stating I'm being suspicious and that my reasoning was flimsy, which means you think I'm scummy or scum. thinking Midorikawa is scum as well is what makes me think you're calling us scum buddies?
I don't know how to use the correct meaning and I think it's called walking in circles with me on what you are doing now. You are repeating the same thing to me that is false on which I have never called you both scum buddies. Are you pretending to make stuff up?

1) Who the heck wouldn't do this?
This is coming from the girl who claims to be Mafia on D1 in every single game regardless of alignment.
As you’ll see in later posts, I had zero context for Fatima’s playstyle of outing themself and their scumbuddies in previous games, so, to me, lynching Fatima for claiming to be scum on D1 felt the same as if we’d Lynch you on D1 for being scum.
Not really. Votes=Better Pressure. That's why D1 has the most flip flop of votes.
And yet I managed to put plenty of pressure on Max and actually got him to open up a bit without casting a single vote on him. Y’all need to git gud.
Too much information?
I suspect Jinjo isn’t using TMI in the usual sense, but is using it to mean that you seem to have too much information. i.e. that you’re more certain of alignments than you should be. At least that’s how I read her posts, and they make slightly more sense that way.
First Caps is getting flirty with me and now you looking at me over your girl. I'm honored.
STOP CHEATING ON ZEXY. :cry::cry::cry: :P:bulbaLove:
To answer your question: Not that I can think of.
Okay. That’s another bit of context added, which is always helpful. Thank you.
You're right. I am currently at work. Though by the time I post this post I'll probably be at home.
Welcome home! I’m still at the office. :(
Seriously stop posting people.
NEVER!!!!!! …well, not until I have to leave for Sabbath, anyway.
:bulbaLove:

That's a question for @Fatima Shadow Frost Witch not me.

Specifically, Fatima, the question to you is: why the change in behavior from previous times you have claimed scum in games? Are you actually Mafia this game?

Might as well lay it out clearly for my scumbuddy right?

I'm just going to say this

Can't I at least get back to my old playing style for once cause I'm trying my best to but it's not an easy thing to do

I'm just going to say this

Can't I at least get back to my old playing style for once cause I'm trying my best to but it's not an easy thing to do
Can you elaborate what your old playing style was? Is it to claim Mafia every time?

Are you going to give your thoughts on the thread or players at all?

Maybe Space doesn't know what tmi means and keeps asking these questions that look like she's walking in circles. What I meant is Mido's town read on you Space looked like if you really are town then to me it looked like Mido could be scum who knows you are town.

Back
Top Bottom