• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Rainbow Rocket Mafia - Endgame - Rainbow Rocket has reached Orbit! - Town and Independent Victory!

Earlier it looked like Max agreed to the scum read on Space and then he went to unvoting Space saying he needed to think about it and then to voting Space again was weird. Both of those slots look suspicious and from what I have seen it looks like they both can't be mafia together. I still want to see more from Space on what she has to say.
I agree the Max flip-flopping is kinda a bad look. I’m still not 100% certain why he unvoted in the first place, but the re-vote does make sense, based on the conversation I had with him.
I, too, would like to hear more from Space, especially since Max has actually come in and been actively replying and participating in the game whereas she’s disappeared, and, conveniently, that happened once multiple votes started piling on top of my initial vote.

That said, like Caps, I’m also curious on your thoughts regarding Max now that Max and I have had a nice long chat.

That's a question for @Fatima Shadow Frost Witch not me.

Specifically, Fatima, the question to you is: why the change in behavior from previous times you have claimed scum in games? Are you actually Mafia this game?
True. Then the question for you is why do you put so much stock in this when the alleged “scum claim” is vague and potentially non-existent, especially in comparison to the other times Fatima has done this.
Might as well lay it out clearly for my scumbuddy right?
…so you’re upset at Fatima for allegedly outing themself as scum, and then you do this. -_-
I know you’re joking, but c’mon man.
Only a Jester would want to be eliminated, I think it's pretty obvious that I'm not a Jester.
Sure. Like a Jester would admit to being a Jester. :p
Absolutely not. Just because Elieson claimed scum doesn't mean that I would actually want to elim him today.
So what are you basing your criteria on?
taking up so much space
AH HA! Caps and Space are scumbuds, confirmed!

He's not worth pushing for now IMO which is what I've been saying
This was directed at Jinjo, not you. Surprisingly, I do talk to other people sometimes.

For as much as Space is complaining about ME pushing them early D1, I think it's equally as odd that they are reacting so defensively, since it is only early D1 and it is only one vote.

defensive? everyone keeps calling it defensive when I'm literally just explaining myself. if someone calls my reasoning flimsy or keeps calling anything I say suspicious, I'm going to say what I can back.

idek why I keep responding about it if I'm just being called defensive

About the bolded, Space's vote on Max looked suspicious and when I looked at Mido's read on Space it started to make me wonder if Mido could be scum who could be tmiing on Space being town. It looked like Mido was town reading Space and how in the world could she be town reading a player who made a suspicious vote.

you're going the easy route by saying I'm being defensive like the majority of other players, reading into Midorikawa's post weirdly by thinking it's tmi? no one can see me even slightly as town without being scum buddies I guess? If you're thinking I'm scum so much, why not vote me?

Unvote: Max1996

Vote: Jinjo

why do you put so much stock in this when the alleged “scum claim” is vague and potentially non-existent, especially in comparison to the other times Fatima has done this.
Nobody else has done anything else of note.

…so you’re upset at Fatima for allegedly outing themself as scum, and then you do this. -_-
I know you’re joking, but c’mon man.
Gotta keep everyone on their toes ¯\(ツ)

So what are you basing your criteria on?
For Elieson specifically I want to see more, I can't read him just based off one single wall, and as such I wouldn't feel comfortable eliminating him right now.

I'm not going to be able to make strong reads when you and I have half the posts in the game. Neither is anyone else. I suggest we both take a break.

Also, and this is urgent, IF YOU ARE ALIGNED AS A THIRD PARTY/SELF-ALIGNED WHATEVER (Survivor, Cult, etc), I need you to post about it in thread, because I have something very important and role-related to target you with, and I'd prefer to do it sooner rather than later, so you do not lose the game. If you don't know me by now, I support helping third-parties win because it gets them out of town's hair asap and lets me focus on hunting for non-town by hunting specifically for mafia, rather than wasting time trying to identify whether or not a "threat" is actually a threat, or a potential ally. It's very worth having me on your side. Additionally, it empowers me. Interpret that as you so choose.
mmm, neato

My first impression is that this seems a more like something an indep-hunting independent would have.

I can't imagine why scum would have an ability specifically made to target third parties, unless it was something like target indep = indep recruited to mafia, depending on who the indeps turn out to be. I'm concerned about the very slim possibility that this is the case, but it's probably just paranoia on my part.

I may ask for a shortlist of reasons why you want to not vote for HD. Scratch that. Please provide said list
I didn't have much of an opinion on HD at the start, just that I've seen him do the "ok X is town" thing before, and figured he was doing it again. In general I also tend to read lack of capitalization + as indicative of sarcasm/non-seriousness, so that's more of my own fault, if anything. See, I can't even tell if your scum claim is a joke or not because of how the letters get all big at the start of sentences and how there are periods at the ends of them.

But at the moment HD leans town for me, because asking Fatima if they're Town or Mafia seems like a really ballsy thing to do if he's scum.

Kinda want to vote Fatima on the off-chance that they really did reveal themselves as Mafia right away. I don't think that their scum meta is anything I'd want to deal with a second time.

Vote: Fatima Shadow Frost Witch
[sheep noises in the distance]

Are you sure on that?
Is that a joke vote?
Something about calling out HD's initial vote specifically and how he'd apparently "figured out" Fatima's "alliance" through the placeholder reeeeally makes me worried about this game

I agree the Max flip-flopping is kinda a bad look. I’m still not 100% certain why he unvoted in the first place, but the re-vote does make sense, based on the conversation I had with him.
I, too, would like to hear more from Space, especially since Max has actually come in and been actively replying and participating in the game whereas she’s disappeared, and, conveniently, that happened once multiple votes started piling on top of my initial vote.

That said, like Caps, I’m also curious on your thoughts regarding Max now that Max and I have had a nice long chat.
Max's conversation with you I could see it go both ways. He can be a really hard person to read.
defensive? everyone keeps calling it defensive when I'm literally just explaining myself. if someone calls my reasoning flimsy or keeps calling anything I say suspicious, I'm going to say what I can back.

you're going the easy route by saying I'm being defensive like the majority of other players, reading into Midorikawa's post weirdly by thinking it's tmi? no one can see me even slightly as town without being scum buddies I guess? If you're thinking I'm scum so much, why not vote me?

Unvote: Max1996

Vote: Jinjo

You misrepped me because I didn't call you out on your defensiveness and it was your vote on Max that made you look suspicious. On your second sentence the way how I am interpreting it looks like you said I called you and Mido scum buddies when I originally said it looked like Mido could be scum who tmiid you as town. Your votes really have been flimsy so far. Do you really expect me to vote right away earlier when I wanted to look at different avenues first?

Vote: Space

Welcome back. If you don’t want to seem defensive, might I suggest commenting on something aside from the votes and arguments on you?
Something like Elieson’s intro post, my conversation with Max, which, based on your Unvote, I assume helped alleviate some of your doubts on Max, or the Fatima situation.
I’m dying to hear your thoughts on those.
My first impression is that this seems a more like something an indep-hunting independent would have.
Nah. It’s just Elieson 101. The man loves his ITPs.
Max's conversation with you I could see it go both ways. He can be a really hard person to read.
So you’re still null on Max. What does he need to clarify further?
Also, what are your thoughts on me? It’s been said that I was too aggressive.
I must say, it’s ironic that you claim that Max is a hard person to read. I find it relatively easy to read Max most of the time, whereas I always find you to be a bit of an enigma.

Vote: Fatima Shadow Frost Witch
[sheep noises in the distance]
Something about calling out HD's initial vote specifically and how he'd apparently "figured out" Fatima's "alliance" through the placeholder reeeeally makes me worried about this game
This is a good observation- if Fatima flips Mafia then Jinjo would not be a bad look.

So you’re still null on Max. What does he need to clarify further?
Also, what are your thoughts on me? It’s been said that I was too aggressive.
I must say, it’s ironic that you claim that Max is a hard person to read. I find it relatively easy to read Max most of the time, whereas I always find you to be a bit of an enigma.
Yes, from what I remember with your recent conversation with Max you were asking him why the unvote and saying along the lines of if he had a scum read on Space then he would have committed on the vote rather then unvote and I also remember you asking him about other players while he delivers on what he thinks about the other players. It was his voting, unvoting, to revoting which looked weird to me that needed clarifying. I see that you have been aggressive and aggressiveness does make some players uncomfortable.

This is a good observation- if Fatima flips Mafia then Jinjo would not be a bad look.
How does that make me look bad if Fatima flips scum? Space misrepped me and misrepping always looks bad.

How does that make me look bad if Fatima flips scum? Space misrepped me and misrepping always looks bad.
For some batshit reason, Fatima likes to out their partners when they're scum. The fact that they've already admitted to being scum themselves, plus the fact they specifically questioned HD's intro vote on you doesn't make you look very good if Fatima's scum. Note they specifically asked about your vote rather than any of the other votes posted around that time.

I do not like the Fatima wagon.

Idk, I've never played with them before, but voting them on a mafia claim based on meta from one game doesn't sit right with me. I want to see their response before I call scum on caps for pushing it so hard, but I really don't like it.

Current Vote Totals:

Max1996 - 2 (Space, HumanDawn)
Space - 2 (Maniacal Engineer, DawningWinds)
Fatima Shadow Frost Witch - 2 (TheCapsFan)
Tood - 2 (Elieson, Doctor Floptopus)
Jinjo - 1 (Midorikawa)
Inch resting.
Read up my guy
I assume the above is what you're referencing? Double voter ain't a guaranteed town role. It's useful information to have, but I'd hardly call it town confirmation.

ME's ego and Max's refusal to fully commit to an opinion are both NAI. I'm liking ME right now but idk if that's just because I agree with his opinion on the Fatima wagon.

Tood's second post looks a lot better to me. I'm confused about the last paragraph and what they mean so I'm going to reread that later. For now, I'm just gonna

unvote: Tood

I promise to vote again later but I gotta go out now

I assume the above is what you're referencing? Double voter ain't a guaranteed town role. It's useful information to have, but I'd hardly call it town confirmation.
This isn't Chaos Mafia. In five years of playing Mafia I have never seen a Mafia Double Voter.

Idk, I've never played with them before, but voting them on a mafia claim based on meta from one game doesn't sit right with me. I want to see their response before I call scum on caps for pushing it so hard, but I really don't like it.
It's also not just based on meta from one game, it's happened multiple times now.

Why does your post read as overly non-committal to me?

Back
Top Bottom