• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to know how many phones these fake leakers have (The ones who make new twitter accounts for it), because you need a phone number for twitter accounts now.

quick question since people are talking about eeveelutions, is there really never going to be another new eeveelution again? like is there actual confirmation on this?

and yeah, people already making weird ass 'theres gonna be a new eeveelution/type this gen' theories is pretty annoying. yall, we got like, 10 seconds of in game content and three pictures of some new small guys. calm down i am begging you. (would love to see a sound type though... but i dont think this gens a good gen to introduce it)
No confirmation or anything like that we’re never getting an eeveelution again, as far as I’m aware.

I personally feel like it’s long overdue for us to get another one or maybe two for this gen but we’ll see.

Already seeing that some people think we’ll get a new type for this gen but I doubt it even though I’d love to see Sound type as well (Pokémon Xenoverse, a Pokémon fan game has it and it’s amazing).
Sorry to quote comments as old as these but as a dyed-in-the-wool lover of the Eevee family I just wanted to throw my hat into the "Potential New Eeveelution/s" ring. And sadly (or not so sadly for some), I have kind of a pessimistic take to make on the matter, because I have some admittedly circumstantial evidence that we might not get a new Eeveelution ever again (I also made a similar post on Reddit, and this is actually a somewhat altered version):
  1. We need to consider Dexit. I think most fans have already reached the "acceptance" stage by now that not every Pokemon is going to be present in future games because the increasing number of creatures (which is curently very close to the 1000 mark, a milestone we could very well reach with this new Generation) makes programming them all just not feasable. Now, one might argue that Dexit should actually make Eevee getting more evolutions even easier due to the free space, but keep in mind that the entire Eevee family already takes up nine slots on the Pokedex, and because they're mascot Pokemon like Pikachu there's a reasonably good chance that the family's inclusion will just be mandatory from now on, so if they were to continue being expanded they'd take up even more space (up to 18 if the whole type chart were to be completed) and thus possibly prevent other older Pokemon from having a spot in a given game. And I'm pretty sure we'd all prefer for as many older Pokemon as possible to make a return.
  2. The last Eeveelution to be introduced was Sylveon, which also served the double duty of introducing a then-brand new type, and I feel like any potential new Eeveelutions would have an extremely difficult time living up to shoes that big unless more new types were introduced, and I'm not sure what other elements could even be considered to fit the type chart. I've seen people propose things like Sound, Light, Cosmic, or Cyber-types but of those only Sound and Light seem like they'd reasonably fit as new types to me. However, the problem with Light and Sound as types is that imo they're already way too spread out across multiple already existing types to really make them into their own separate elements: sure, a lot of Sound-based moves are Normal-type and thus could be easily retyped, but then we also have Bug Buzz (Bug), Snarl (Dark), Chatter (Flying), Overdive (Electric), Clanging Scales (Dragon), Eerie Spell (Psychic), Disarming Voice (Fairy), Sparkling Aria (Water), and a bunch more. How exactly are they gonna retcon all of those into "Sound-types" when they already aren't of the easily retconnable Normal-type? And that's not even getting into how we have Pokemon like Noivern and Toxtricity that are strongly associated with sound but are dual-typed and neither of their types is Normal. Can't exactly retcon them either. And Light is even worse off in this regard, since there's actually very few Normal-type moves that could reasonably fit as being "Light" (the only ones that fit to me are Flash, Spotlight, Swift, and maybe Hyper Beam) while we have a ton of moves of other types that arguably count as "light based" like Solarbeam (Grass), Aurora Beam (Ice), Dazzling Gleam (Fairy), Signal Beam (Bug), Flash Cannon (Steel), and Power Gem (Rock) to name a few. However, even if there's something else out there that can be made into a new Pokemon type, I don't think we'll be seeing it for quite a while.
  3. Eevee's Z-Move is called "Nine Evol Boost" in Japanese. While Z-Moves and Mega Evolutions were retired in Gen 8 and might not make a comeback in Gen 9 either, there's still the possibility that they'll be included again in the future, and Eevee getting more evolved forms would mean having to both rename the Z-Move and adjust its animation to include more and more of the foxdogcatbunny things, which I'm not sure I can see happen. Granted, this point isn't as strong as the first two, because even with the seemingly restrictive Japanese name, the wording is ambiguous enough that it arguably technically leaves space for just one more Eeveelution (in which case the Z-Move's name would go from referring to Eeveelutions plus Eevee to just the Eeveelutions), and adding just one more Pokemon to the animation doesn't seem like it'd be too much of a hassle, but since that's supposed to be Eevee's signature Z-Move, it might feel strange for the move's name to leave its actual user out.
  4. They'd need to think up of new evolution mechanics and then program them into the games, and there's only so much that could reasonably work as an evolution trigger and still be easily doable. Unless we want Eeveelutions that require Galarian Yamask-level contrivances to evolve, that is. Of course, this is by far the weakest argument against a new Eeveelution because new evolutionary stones could always easily be created, but I'm admittedly unsure if Game Freak would want to go for such an easy and predictable route, especially since it's not really that easy to picture things like a "Bug Stone" or a "Fighting Stone" existing.

Look, I want to be wrong about this. I want new Eeveelutions so, so badly. I want the whole type chart to be filled up with Eeveelutions. I'm a shameless and shallow Eeveelution lover, so of course I'd jump at the opportunity to make monotype teams where the Eevee family is always present in one form or another. But sadly I just don't think that's feasable anymore... at the absolute best case scenario I can see getting that long-awaited Dragon Eeveelution to finally put a checkmark on that whole "formerly all-special types" thing that the Eeveelutions have going and then stop there, but I'm not really holding my breath on even that...

And now, I will make my escape before I get torn apart for blaspheming this hard.

I mean wrt to sound-based moved that aren't Normal-type, they could append an effect that "this move also does Sound-type damage" or "this move also does [type]-type damage" if they retype them to Sound.

I don’t think anything beyond “they haven’t thought up a good enough design” is a REAL reason why they haven’t made any new eeveelutions.

They can change the Z move name in an eventual Alola remake. And I think adding a new one would deter any “why is Eevee in the dex YET AGAIN while my favorite still isn’t?”, although they might want to save that one until Gen 10 or so then. Lol

I don’t think anything beyond “they haven’t thought up a good enough design” is a REAL reason why they haven’t made any new eeveelutions.

They can change the Z move name in an eventual Alola remake. And I think adding a new one would deter any “why is Eevee in the dex YET AGAIN while my favorite still isn’t?”, although they might want to save that one until Gen 10 or so then. Lol
Not sure why anyone's worried about Extreme Evoboost anyway- when Gen 7 remakes come around, they're not going to have anything past Gen 7 in it and the name of the move wouldn't matter. At this point, I wouldn't count on z-moves making a return otherwise.

Not sure why anyone's worried about Extreme Evoboost anyway- when Gen 7 remakes come around, they're not going to have anything past Gen 7 in it and the name of the move wouldn't matter. At this point, I wouldn't count on z-moves making a return otherwise.
I mean technically, if the Legends series continues there might be one for Alola at some point, which would likely also have Z-Moves sense as far as i recall they have been around for a long time in universe, and like PLA did with Sylveon would probably include potential future Eeveelutions.
Although there's also a decent chance that the mon specific Z-moves wouldn't return just the general type ones which would get around all that.

I mean technically, if the Legends series continues there might be one for Alola at some point, which would likely also have Z-Moves sense as far as i recall they have been around for a long time in universe, and like PLA did with Sylveon would probably include potential future Eeveelutions.
Although there's also a decent chance that the mon specific Z-moves wouldn't return just the general type ones which would get around all that.
I don't know, I don't think z-moves are likely to return even in a Legends Alola. Just on a technical level, the forced dance and huge explosions aspect of z-moves would not work well in a free roaming environment.

I don't know, I don't think z-moves are likely to return even in a Legends Alola. Just on a technical level, the forced dance and huge explosions aspect of z-moves would not work well in a free roaming environment.
I'm not quite sure about open world specifically but I do know of other RPG's where battles take place in the spot they started where super moves still teleport the enemy and user to a random void so they could theoretically still do that. Never seen people complain about it there and even if they did wouldn't stop Gamefreak.

Just have a cutscene play when you use a Z-move. It's fine.

Doesn't Masters have Z-Moves and give them a shortened animation already? They could always easily use that.

I think adding a new one would deter any “why is Eevee in the dex YET AGAIN while my favorite still isn’t?”, although they might want to save that one until Gen 10 or so then. Lol
Eh, I feel like complaints of this nature would happen regardless: like I said before, Eevee getting more evolutions would mean that whole family steadily occupying more and more Pokedex slots, which people definitely could and would see as jeopardizing the chances of old obscure favorites at getting into a given dex. So it's kind of a lose-lose situation there, really.

Besides, it's not like Eevee would be the first and only Pokemon to arbitrarily get prioritized over others in Pokedex inclusions: Psyduck, Magnemite, and Zubat are three examples of Pokemon that so far have never failed to make it into a region's Pokedex, and the first two are already confirmed to be present in this upcoming one.

All that said, saving the potential newest Eeveelution for the 30th anniversary does sound possible and even probable.

Eh, I feel like complaints of this nature would happen regardless: like I said before, Eevee getting more evolutions would mean that whole family steadily occupying more and more Pokedex slots, which people definitely could and would see as jeopardizing the chances of old obscure favorites at getting into a given dex. So it's kind of a lose-lose situation there, really.

Besides, it's not like Eevee would be the first and only Pokemon to arbitrarily get prioritized over others in Pokedex inclusions: Psyduck, Magnemite, and Zubat are three examples of Pokemon that so far have never failed to make it into a region's Pokedex, and the first two are already confirmed to be present in this upcoming one.

All that said, saving the potential newest Eeveelution for the 30th anniversary does sound possible and even probable.
I don't really get the whole "this pokemon stole a slot from this other pokemon" argument... it's not like we're limited on space. What is a limit is designating places on the map for pokemon to spawn, and eevee is kind of a bargain in that regard since you get eight additional pokemon at the price of finding a location for only one.

I don't really get the whole "this pokemon stole a slot from this other pokemon" argument... it's not like we're limited on space. What is a limit is designating places on the map for pokemon to spawn, and eevee is kind of a bargain in that regard since you get eight additional pokemon at the price of finding a location for only one.
I'm not justifying that argument by any means. I'm simply pointing out that it'd exist regardless of if Eevee keeps getting evolutions or not. About the only way that Eevee could possibly avoid arguments of this nature being thrown at it is if it turns out that its inclusion in a given dex is not in fact guaranteed. And even then, said arguments would simply be directed towards other high-profile mons with guaranteed dex slots.

TL; DR, complaints over certain Pokemon being percieved as getting priority over others are sadly inevitable.

It's because of how ridged Game Freak was in regards to the number of Pokémon available in the main Galar Pokédex and the two expansion pass Pokédexes even though you'd have Dhelmise in the Ilse of Armor and Wailmer in the Crown Tundra which weren't listed in the Pokédex of those two maps. They were dead set on having a specific number of Pokédex slots for all of them, so if Game Freak keeps up the favoritism and combines it with needing a specific number of Pokémon per Pokédex, you can say that they sacrificed available slots for marketing purposes. At least Eevee's highly-adaptable nature allows it to make sense in every possible setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom