• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Pokémon Colosseum Mafia - Endgame - Town Victory, The Shadow Pokémon Plan Succeeds, Orre Belongs to Cipher!

I really dislike these roles because they make me so paranoid lol. It's a powerful role for Mafia - not so much for Town. I think there are 2 Mafia and it's the white haired MC and the red haired girl - so IIIF there is a Mafia Loved it would be the red haired girl, but I can also see the dancing guy be that role. I'm okay focusing elsewhere for now though.
Eh, I think it's more of a role that becomes generally more powerful the later in the game and the less players remain. I do think it's probably a tad busted for Mafia in LyLo though which is why I lean towards it being town.

Like I said, if that was my plan, I would actually put up a case instead of expecting others to do my work. You would expect me to never eventually having to explain my reasoning? I did the same tactic on Alana - is she an easy mislynch too?
You would eventually explain your reasoning but by that point you'd probably have others to lean on for reasoning the case and you can just sheep that.

You would eventually explain your reasoning but by that point you'd probably have others to lean on for reasoning the case and you can just sheep that.
I... don't see much benefit in that when it would be more efficient for me to bring up the case myself instead of relying on others. Personally, I don't think I am that unimaginative as Mafia that I need Town to think for me to make mislynches.

If Max is so easy to mislynch why just make it unnecessarily harder for me by expecting the Town to maaybe do my case for me? If the endgame is for Town to sheep me because I would "eventually explain" my reasoning anyway, then why not just go straight with the case and try to get Town to sheep me from there? There is no point for me to go through these hoops to mislynch Max1996 - unless the main benefit is for Town to think I am deploying strategies so they think I am Town.

Eh, I think it's more of a role that becomes generally more powerful the later in the game and the less players remain. I do think it's probably a tad busted for Mafia in LyLo though which is why I lean towards it being town.

tsk tsk tsk mr. dawningwinds

casually not acknowledging the alana votes and my question on her earlier

tsk tsk tsk mr. dawningwinds

casually not acknowledging the alana votes and my question on her earlier
Whoops missed that. Eh I don't like the initial lack of explaining on it but it doesn't bug me in the same way, plus I feel like I've seen you throw around some explanations for it since that look fine. Not as big an issue for me.

I... don't see much benefit in that when it would be more efficient for me to bring up the case myself instead of relying on others. Personally, I don't think I am that unimaginative as Mafia that I need Town to think for me to make mislynches.

If Max is so easy to mislynch why just make it unnecessarily harder for me by expecting the Town to maaybe do my case for me? If the endgame is for Town to sheep me because I would "eventually explain" my reasoning anyway, then why not just go straight with the case and try to get Town to sheep me from there? There is no point for me to go through these hoops to mislynch Max1996 - unless the main benefit is for Town to think I am deploying strategies so they think I am Town.
I fully believe you are capable of making a case as scum, but that doesn't mean you don't have the capacity to also be lazy and see if town might build the case for you when you point Max out. Plus if town's the ones who make the case initially it means you're able to take less blame for the mislynch when it happens, and without a case it's easier to back off if the push doesn't catch on with town.

Nothing's happening that means it's ISO o'clock.
[content missing]
Vote: TheCapsFan

I concur with DawningWinds vote. In my humbld opinion The CapsFan seems to be showing clear symptomes of intoxication!
I've stated once or twice already that I really would like to see more from them here but. Hm. This is very sheepy and kinda empty but newbs are hard to read based on that sort of thing.
think HumanDawn has a good readslist. Except that I don't trust Mint Elv as much because of what was said about them.

I don't know if I agree that twins/lovers should claim but think the suggestion from Emmy was townie. I don't think scum would immediately come into the game coming up with mech suggestions that they know is anti-town because they'd assume others think it's anti-town too so think it was genuine. If twins is referring to lovers I'd say they definitely shouldn't claim though. If twins is just like masons and no one dies with the other then im on the fence.

Raven is a vibe read

DawningWinds' defense of Emmy saying rolefishing isn't scummy for her was good but can come from either alignment regardless of what Emmy is.

gentlefeather Max Dragon are bit sus to me because they've posted but I can barely remember what (I did recheck multiple times)
I mean i could have commented on who i knew in the game but mostly i dont have a read on you

...reads? most of my reads were similar to HumanDawn's
no, as in 'i rechecked their posts multiple times' and still nothing about them stuck out to me despite them being here
my reads, most to least suspicious
gentlefeather
dragondg
Max

MintElv
Jinjo=Minish

DawningWinds

Emmy
Raven
HumanDawn

Yeah this is pretty underwhelming from her. Her only read that feels particularly substantial is her Emmy read which I really like, everything is pretty meh... I do agree with Dragondg and Max being kinda unmemorable thus far but this coming from someone who's also unmemorable thus far into the game is not really particularly impressive. I feel like normally I'd expect to see more from her.
If there are Masons, they definitely need to claim ASAP.
I understand the reasoning for this take but also NAI.

Half-asleep still, so going with this for now:

Her vote seems...oddly impulsive, and Emmy seems genuine so far...
Vote: Mint Elv
Could've sworn that was meta when I was more active, might be remembering wrong, though

That reasoning seemed the least joke-esque and it was making assumptions on someone based on what looks like an honest mistake
I do think HD made a decent point responding to this about how Mido's vote really isn't all that different from other early D1 votes and honestly it seems probably not worth being commentated on.

...Oh, goddammit, I got my players mixed up. I thought it was Emmy who was being wary about Lovers needing to claim. But that was Dawning.

Unvote: Mint Elv
I believe him on this confusion and think that it makes him less likely to be partnered with Emmy since scum probably remember what their partners are doing. Not sure if it really says anything about his alignment beyond that.

To explain my earlier half-assed point, I'm not sure if Mafia would actually point out the problem with claiming Lovers like this.
1. I did not say I found that suspicious, I think that gives them Town points.
2. Because claiming Lovers, if that is in this game, has the risk of telling Mafia "Hey, look, easy double kill right here!"
Makes sense but also I don't think you should take it as super AI since it's very fakeable.

I haven't ruled out Emmy from potential scum yet.
Yeah not too big on this post, doesn't feel like it adds literally anything.
I lost my quotes when I was trying to get some other stuff back I'm too lazy to grab all of them again so no quotes for this on.
--Her openning vote on Emmy was pretty good for what we had to go on for the moment. Don't agree with it but it makes sense
--Vote on me was also good, felt natural and townie.
--I like her wanting to test gentlefeather's claim. Wanting to make sure it works probably comes from a townie mindset.
--Fine with the a'lana vote from her I guess
Do we know what roles are in this set or is that hidden?
Meh.

ngl every mafia set I've played has started on night phase so that we potentially start the day with info, I've never done this way before

i dont know if I'm comfortable voting emmy just because of the claim suggestion, i see their logic that it would be risky for the mafia to try to claim a role like that because it exposes two of them if one of them is caught so i don't think it's enough to say we should vote emmy but they may be a good option to investigate during night phase if someone has cop role (obviously dont claim)
oh im aware, it was just a muscle memory thing and also because I'm an idiot lol

anyway it wasn't so much that i didn't want to vote her/them whatsoever but i didn't think the post was scummy enough to warrant a vote just yet. More of an FoS kind of thing. I'm pretty sure that was clear enough so just want to make sure people accurately represent what I said.
Cautious of voting Emmy. She seems generally pretty cautious with her votes so I assume this is just her playstyle.

nope. waiting for all of the players to talk first lol
Yeah I feel like this confirms what I just said, NAI.

You sure are all over the place lol. ~~Are you Jester?~~
Meh, joke.

@TheCapsFan i don't. it's a question my guy.
it seemed to be a joke/shitpost the first time with the host anyway, and in the community i normally play in, people shitposting about being mafia/checking mafia chat/killing x person next night is a common thing, though there isn't a phrase for it and i don't think anyone ever tracked stats on that over there
appreciate the answer tho
glad to know because i was starting to take my own joke about her being jester seriously bc it seemed like she started shitposting as soon as i made it.

i don't think so anymore tho. she just has crackhead energy. keep in mind i haven't interacted with any of you before so it may take me a while to pick up on whether someone's being sus or just clowning around and I'll end up assuming the wrong thing at times

VOTE: Survivor DarthWolf

-I'll take your word for it
-Who are they? Or if one of them is you who's the other?
-Will do, thanks.
-I've seen plenty of shit, a little more trauma is nothing but you can try I guess. How cursed are you?
Meh.

I hate to bring bad news but I think the mafia knows my role now so I think I should claim
I'm loved, when I saw Caps point out that I had 0 despite Elv voting me, I think it's very likely the mafia took note so I figured I should just claim now because if they know I want town to know too.
I think this actually a good reason to claim even though her understanding of the situation here was probably wrong? I agree with wanting town to have access to info if she thinks Mafia's likely to have figured this out anyway.

why didn't he want to explain his vote again? did he ever end up explaining it anyway?
This question's fine I guess.

I think I'm more sketched out by the person who came in boosting most of HumanDawn's reads list personally, they hadn't said a peep and then they come in with a big list of reads that are someone else's and i dont buy it. Regarding Human himself I'm going to be cautious but I'd rather vote out alana or the quiet guy
Vote: alana

I really should vote by now lol, I'll vote alana like I said I felt comfortable with then and your point checks out
Feels a tad sheepy here honestly since a'lana and Dragondg seem to have been under a lot of scrutiny and I don't think I've seen much from her on the reads front.
What about Emmy seems genuine to you?

As town, what’s wrong with being impulsive if you think you’ve found a mafia? Mafia runs on impulse - gut reactions that trigger questions, or force you to do a double take to look for contradictions.

Unvote: Mint Elv
Vote: Max1996

See, look. I can be impulsive too.
This reads genuine to me, not necessarily alignment indicative though.

What exactly about Mint’s original vote on you made you vote them, and why has their behavior since made you reconsider your vote?
What about the way DW reacted makes you feel like it comes from a town mindset? Personally I think that it's weird that DW reacted that way because it should be very clear to them why HD was doing that, IMO
gentlefeather also said that their mention of jester was more shitposting than anything else.

I suppose if you haven't played much with Mido I can understand that reasoning.
Mint Elv - typical play from them so far
DawningWinds - unsure, it feels like the vote on me is towny, but it could also easily be faked. that sums up my thoughts on dawning so far: not bad, but not out of their scum range by any means.
Max1996 - regardless of whether or not they got their players mixed up I don't like that they immediately jumped in to defend Emmy without being prompted
RavenRaziel98 - nothing of note so far
TheCapsFan - town
HumanDawn - typical play from them so far
gentlefeather - i like their vibe, feels like they've got guts which I like, would like to see more from them in the way of actual scumhunting tho
Minish - minish please come play :(
alana - thought the reads were pretty good, weird that they didn't comment on me tho
Emmy - rolefishing was pingy, but honestly on a reread not that much of a big deal
Dragondg - props for getting right into the thick of it with a vote, but not enough to tell if this sheep is dyed red or green

damn my opinions on pretty much everyone can be summed up by ¯\(ツ)
I was mostly referring to the whole "i'm mafia" schtick. nothing so far has really stood out as something that you couldn't fake and when that happens most of the time I'm just like "i'll figure it out later"
yeah, i get you.

although what Dawning said about HD trying to artificially build a case is possible, personally, if a player is scummy, i have no problem eliminating them (especially on day 1) regardless of whether or not they’re an “easy elim”

maybe dawning is different, but that still begs the question to dawning as “why do you think this is fabricated & max isn’t just scum”
yeah I know most of them are similar on paper, i guess it's more of a vibe as to why I like the post? specifically bc I mindmeld with the read on Dawning, and I thought the sentiment for the last three were good too. like "i've gone back and checked and they've posted but I can't remember any impact they have, so potential cwac there." I also like that you're vocally wary about Mint Elv.

idk, it's really nothing alignment indicative, but it's a good intro imo
Loved can be Mafia. Most of the time it’s just a modifier, too, not a full role.

This doesn’t change anything about the game alignment-wise, we just know that gentlefeather takes +1 to elim now.
i’m willing to chock up that message to inexperience rather than a tell, but i have my eyes on you Emmy
i just got back & read the thread but am tired and don't feel like scumhunting rn

seems like there's some sheeping onto a'lana from gentlefeather & mido, that's all of note really

I cut the shitposting out of this cause he's top poster and shitposting is like half of that so I don't feel like going through every individual one but pretty much in summary of that: The large amount of shitposting doesn't give the best vibes but I'm willing to forgive it because once we get into the actual content everything feels very good to me. He feels like he's definitely coming from a place of wanting to actually solve the game and I like all of his reads, leaning town.

Unvote: HumanDawn
Vote: RavenRaziel

Goddamn I lost like three people in that refresh um besides Raven and HD who's missing.
Uh summary of what I was saying on them:
HD -- felt a lot better now looking at his posts in ISO, especially after having already gone through the people he was shading. Definitely feels more solvy then I remember him being on initial readthrough
Raven -- All of his reads felt very lacking to me, the only thing of his I liked was the callout of HD's read on him not having much foundation to build upon but I can see a world where that comes from a scum.

Okay Emmy was the last person I lost; I've still felt pretty good about them overall. I did feel mildly bothered by something they said about me that felt a tad pockety but it's probably nothing, and there was another thing of theirs that bugged me but considering I don't even remember what it was it was probably also nothing. Otherwise I liked them calling out the fact that DragonDG's probably only worth pushing as a "can't find anything else at the EOD" vote and them trying to get things started, and I don't remember what their reads were but I feel like I liked what I saw of them.

Raven -- All of his reads felt very lacking to me, the only thing of his I liked was the callout of HD's read on him not having much foundation to build upon but I can see a world where that comes from a scum.
I can see where you're coming from, but I'm town. And if anything, my reads lacking substance is NAI, it has been the case in every game I've played so far.

Anytime you ask someone to claim it’s rolefishing if there is not a reason such as being on the chopping block.

Why don’t you vote your suspicions?
because they aren't super strong yet

not caught up with rest

Timeaus was in Xenoblade and Bristol Mafia, maybe some others here but I don't remember them.

You're just wrong. Bastard roles that really change the game or hide info is called bastard, role madness refers to a mostly/entirely power role game.

Oh huh. Still don't like it but I guess there's a reason.

It just feels wrong the way he went about it. Plus, I don't like an unexplained case and I like it less when the player getting the unexplained case is someone who's been mislynched a lot.

@Dragondg
This their first game, so I don't want to press this too much because inexperienced players still figuring out the game can tend to be low activity, but I do agree it would be good to hear more from them.

Eh, I don't think the vote count was a dead-giveaway. There were a few potential scenarios that could cause it like Mido being voteless or something. That said I think this role probably tends to be town and is proven, plus I don't have any particular gripes with them so I'm fine with leaving this alone for now.

Caps' readslist feels good to me, him bandwagoning with HD on Max isn't the best thing ever but eh.
Unvote: TheCapsFan
Vote: HumanDawn

I still don't like him refusing to explain his votes even with the explanation as to why he'd do that. It just doesn't feel right.
i think HumanDawn wants to see if people come up with the same reasoning as his before he shared it thus he can townread those people

i genuinely don't see why im expected to vote early on in d1 when my level of confidence isn't as high yet as 'i'm onto something here' >.<, I just don't have an aggressive playstyle especially early-game.

also I'm deciding that I won't put too much effort into engaging with suspicions on me unless someone asks me an actual question

oh and I'm giving Capsfan a town lean after him explaining why he liked my post. ik he is probably capable of pocketing but still

of the underwhelmign posters Max's content actually looks most substantial to me.

Of the votes on me gentlefeather is worst because they just sheeped, other votes on me feel more like playstyle clash reasons. my stance on their claim is it's NAI.

vote gentlefeather

That said while voting me is a mislynch, we dont lose a particularly useful/strong role in doing so and it will prove how scummy alana is for jumping on the sheeping accusation just because she's getting votes

I have to agree, piping up after one's been put into the lead voting-wise is never a good look, and I don't think the sheep-ing accusation holds enough water to excuse it. I think I've seen enough to put my chips on the table for real this time.

Vote: alana

Of the votes on me gentlefeather is worst because they just sheeped, other votes on me feel more like playstyle clash reasons. my stance on their claim is it's NAI.

vote gentlefeather
I'd hesitate to say this was sheeping on gentlefeather's part.

Back
Top Bottom