• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Dungeons & Dragons Mafia (13p) - Game End

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are 6 hours left, so I did an unofficial votal. Mostly so I could see where the game was at myself.

Code:
VOTALS

Snowy (2) - beryllium, ExLight
Zexy (1) - DawningWinds
RavenRaizel (3) - Snowy, JamieIsBored, Quasar_Catfish
Quasar_Catfish (4) - HumanDawn, Zexy, Mint Elv, FinalArcadia,

Not Voting - Potato-6, Minish, RavenRaizel

Free Apple Juice (9) - beryllium, Quasar_Catfish, DawningWinds, Mint Elv, ExLight, JamieIsBored, Potato-6, Zexy, FinalArcadia,
Unrestricted Access to Tavern Storage (1) - RavenRaizel
Free Soda (1) - Snowy
No Free Anything (2) - Minish, HumanDawn

Minnish and HumanDawn haven't voted for free drinks, and three people don't have votes. I don't think I missed any votes.
Are you still going to stick to Raven?

Raven hasn’t posted yet and Quaser has, but I don’t think it is AI for Raven here.

I think so, yeah. To be honest, I think I missed the reason why there is a bandwagon on Quaser, but Raven's vote still feels very convenient and shady to me, even if it has since been removed.
If you missed the reason, then wouldn’t it be in your best interest to check it out for yourself?

How did you even miss it? There are 4 votes on Quaser.

Which of Raven’s vote are you referring to?

Vote count @ZinnLav @TheCapsFan

Scooby doo da zippidy zip zip.
Working on it right now actually.
I like how everytime someone asks for a vote count we're already in the middle of doing it.

30 minutes is not enough time for me to eat lunch and catch up.
Literally me on my lunch right now.
We can’t just have one option D1, that’s how someone easily gets mislynched.
Technically you can break my game by tying so many lynches it results in half the players dying on D1.
prostrate yourselves
I had a priest in my D&D game tell the party to "prostate before the altar", I cannot speak properly.
Zinn is already struggling to find a sub :sadsola:
I wasn't really struggling, I made one post on the Discord, was a pretty meh effort tbh.

3 hours later...
I can sub if u guys need one
I appreciate you.

the vote count looks strange is there something i missed in the rules that isnt like the normal mafia
I just count all the votes, who knows what'll happen if everyone votes for it...

At least two more people have also softed more general stuff
I'm a Host. Did you catch my softs?

Re: gambler's fallacy: I got scum twice in a row in the first games. Then I got cop twice. Then got scum again twice at some point, even got indep twice.
I got town twice in a row once.

3 out of 4 of the mafia admitted to being mafia in thread.
I love games like this. I remember trying to convince an Independent to Kingmaker me as Mafia once, with the threat that I'd nightkill them otherwise since I'd lose even if I killed the town. Can't recall the game or the specifics...

Back in my day games reaching 1K posts at all was rare, now these whippersnappers make almost that many D1 and think they can expect us geezers to keep up.
I think I'm getting old...

Oh hey I caught up!
Time for a vote count, one moment...

Day One Vote Count - 8
Snowy's unofficial count was spot on.

Day One Vote Count:
Snowy (2) - beryllium, ExLight
Zexy (1) - DawningWinds
Raven (3) - Snowy, JamieIsBored, Quasar_Catfish
Quasar (4) - Human, Zexy, Mint Elv, FinalArcadia

Not Voting - Potato-6, Minish, RavenRaziel98

Free Apple Juice (9) - beryllium, Quasar_Catfish, DawningWinds, Mint Elv, ExLight, JamieIsBored, Potato-6, Zexy, FinalArcadia
Unrestricted Access to Tavern Storage (1) - RavenRaziel98
Free Soda - Snowy
Poison Apple Juice (1) - HumanDawn
Not Drinking (1) - Minish

Day One Ends in a little over 5 hours: Countdown

I swear if you think he soft CCs my bomb based on this...
Was this Quasar? No, someone else has hinted at a bomb-like role.
you're kinda the closest thing to an innocent child here
I wouldn’t hurt a fly :swirlix:
Technically you can break my game by tying so many lynches it results in half the players dying on D1.
We could theoretically do this, pick the two most town people and everyone else votes for one person each.

After catching up the closest thing i have to a scum read rn is quaser so that is where i will place my vote for now vote:quaser

Vote: Free Apple Juice
Vote: Zexy

@ExLight @DawningWinds you can move off of him if you’re worried about him blowing you up. However, there is another player that I believe is softing a similar role to him.
I've already said this but I am not unvoting Zexy on the basis of his claim, it strikes me as fear tactics and I am not comfortable trusting it.

damn, is this my fault?
HD's been like that pre-game since I can remember, you guys just enable him.

please dont feel dumb itll make me sad (us seliph fans need to stick together), basically he was acting pretty threatening saying anyone who is town NEEDS to unvote him and stuff. leading some people to believe he has a bombing role.
is the zEXy argument staged? i dont think so, i still think ex seems... genuinely angry, but it's easily the angriest i have EVER seen him
i feel better about human although i really dislike the arcadia vote (lol watch arcadia flip mafia and me get lynched for this statement two weeks later)
fuck this.
vote: Snowy
i know i just said i dont like these kinds of votes but im not very happy with the lack of content from him. i stand by my lhf statement but im unsure of anyone else to vote right now.

No it was not. It was fun for town because you guys turned it into a claim fest, but for us mafia it was horrifying.
I am once again sorry about the balance making that game too breakable by claims.

So i will level with you guys. I made my first and only post then got on with my day... and forgot about the game. I know it's an excuse, and a bad one, and i'd like to apologise to Zinnlav and everyone else, but i genuinely did forget about it. When i realised my mistake (saw an email notification), i came back to FIFTEEN PAGES. TWR never moves that fast on day 1! I started to try to catch up, and that is where the reaction came from then something came up. I just now did my best to skim read the remaining pages.

To explain my first post, at the time, HD was very loud and bossy and i felt like he was trying to force a town trust on himself. So i voted him. Yes, i should have explained myself better, but it was not a RVS vote.

Unvote: HumanDawn

Now, i remind you that i had to skim read it to try to catch up, so i may have missed some things. The things that stood out to me were:

Zexy shifting votes a few times. he feels like he is confused and that's not very Zexy. But at the moment, he's a very null read.

Exlight was being extremely loud, and insisting on voting off inactives. Others say they consider it NAI, but it feels sus to me. Exlight also got defensive quickly when pressured.

HumanDawn, since my first post, has toned down the over the top bossiness, and is definitely giving me a good feeling.

FinalArcadia [Raven] feels very shady. They responded to a single react from me by voting for me, without a single question of why i was still inactive. Unlike Zexy's, FA's [Raven]'s does not feel like a pressure vote.

Mido... was there.

Vote: Free soda for everyone
Vote: FinalArcadia [Raven]

This is not a omgus vote. I genuinely think FA's reasoning behind that vote is lazy and convenient.
Not a fan of this post, aside from the HD and Raven reads this feels super noncommital on most everything.

They all fold and bow down to me as their leader.

Eventually.

Always.
No thanks.

Maybe Snowy faked the vote on FA and that it was meant on Raviel to distance? I… guess it’s possible but I find it hard to believe at the moment.
Nah, I don't think that's ever faked from Snowy. Could be conf-bias since I already heavily townread FA but I don't think that name mix-up ever occurs if their scumbuddies either, IME the teammates tend to be the people a scum is most aware of.

I am actually upset that the only quotes I grabbed this page were HD.

've already said this but I am not unvoting Zexy on the basis of his claim, it strikes me as fear tactics and I am not comfortable trusting it.
See my previous post. I’m finding it odd they haven’t yet come out yet, but they have confirmed that they were softing a similar role through reactions.
There's a section in the rule that prevents 1 wagon lynch ties.
Damn, I forgot about that.

Super early on I had them.

When I started town reading others, I started being less sure about the reads on you two.

The gambit was saying that it was a gambit, it was all WIFOM and trying to outWIFOM you

When Ex figured out I was Bomb anyway, it all crashed
:confused::confused::confused::confused:
Why are you doing this. What the heck am I supposed to make of any of this??

I can back this, HD’s last scum game I was his partner and we worked together well to clear one another.
...were you in Resident Evil Mafia or is this an off-site game I'm not aware of? Because the only scum game of yours I can think of otherwise is Gladiator Mafia, which HD hosted, meaning you couldn't have been scumbuddies.

Damn, I forgot about that.
I think I added it specifically in case everyone decided to lynch everyone, highly unlikely but that'd actually be pretty interesting to see...
It may also be so if it's a day phase and 1 mafia and 1 town is alive, the game doesn't end in a loss with both lynching each other (instead it ends in a Mafia win, excluding roles).

ughhh that does sound like a role Zinn would make

Unvote
it's very similar to the bus driver unjester that Zinn is very proud of

it seems a bit too busted though, usually bomb is already enough to cause balance issues by itself
Hmmmmmm....
That's all fair and kinda leaves me a bit. Lost on Zexy's claim. Because yeah, Zinn loves that unjester bus driver, but with a bomb the swing seems. A lot more than just one death.

ZinnLav loves power roles and even said at one point that Vanilla is boring, but I might be misremembering here.

Which brings me to Quaser.

Quaser said he thought Jamie claimed something that sounded like his role.

From Miller, the only claim that I can think of might be Vanilla just because of the two lls but even that I find ridiculous. If Quaser is planning on claiming Vanilla then I find it hard to believe that ZinnLav made a Vanilla, and Quaser is faking here.

Not something I feel any confidence in because Quaser did not claim Vanilla, but it crossed my mind before.
Yeah I don't think Zinn ever would put Vanilla in a setup, they've reiterated their dislike of that role as recently as some discussion in the Chess dead chat. Granted I don't think that says much about Quas's role because without having seen the add-on that Jamie has an extra ability of undefined effects, plain Miller and Vanilla are sorta counterclaim-y towards each other in Bulba's meta so Quas wouldn't have backed off after realising they misread.

1. DawningWinds - Keep going back and forth on this one. I feel like there isn't a ton from this slot to work with. On one hand, when Dawning does show up, he feels like he is engaging with the thread and whoever is active at the time there, but it is infrequent enough that I struggle to gauge their actual reads beyond seeing Zexy's claim as fear tactics.
Fair. I admit I have straight up just misusing my free time in relation to this game, even the time I have spent on the forums has been spent doing other things. I'll try and do another list once caught up before bed.

1. RavenRaziel98 - feels like they do a lot of posts related to the mechanics of the game, along with ones about claims, but are less inclined to analyze post content itself. Even the Snowy vote seems to be because Snowy liked a post of theirs somewhere else but didn't post in here yet, rather than for the HD vote or something like that. I've said this before; people seem to townread this slot, but I just don't.
Hmmmmm, yeah. I know I felt good about Raven before when I did my initial list, but outside of his Zexy post which I remember liking at the time... I don't honestly remember much of his actual content?

FA's readspost good, FA still towny.

Raven + Quas at this point I want to focus on when fully figuring out my reads, and I would like to give Zexy focus but not as much because I don't have that kinda patience in the middle of the night after what'll hopefully be like. A 12-page catch up.

Page 33... Hey, I'm on this page!

Anyway, Quas is outright softing Mason now... Yet at this timing I am not 100% sure I buy it.
I think I was getting like, something along the lines of neighborizer from the softs when they were asked about partner softing. I believe that part was after this post though so that had probably not come up.

...were you in Resident Evil Mafia or is this an off-site game I'm not aware of? Because the only scum game of yours I can think of otherwise is Gladiator Mafia, which HD hosted, meaning you couldn't have been scumbuddies.
It was Mafia 2.0. We worked together as scum in that game and I consider it close enough to mafia to count it.

I've already said this but I am not unvoting Zexy on the basis of his claim, it strikes me as fear tactics and I am not comfortable trusting it.
Yeah but at the moment (you are catching up and justifiably don’t know) you are the only vote on Zexy and the heat on him has dissipated.
HD's been like that pre-game since I can remember, you guys just enable him.
It always works because I hate Random
Voting Stage.
I am once again sorry about the balance making that game too breakable by claims.
Don’t be, Mafia would have lost anyway if it was a pure Vanilla game.
Not a fan of this post, aside from the HD and Raven reads this feels super noncommital on most everything.
In fairness it is a rushed post with so much content you would not have enough time to digest it and make reads off it properly regardless of alignment. Town can also catch up, struggle and not make much reads in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom