• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Dungeons & Dragons Mafia (13p) - Game End

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have reviewed Quasar's posts to the best of my ability... and I think this post speaks to the essence of their contributions.

It is in response to Zexy asking a question, sure... But it tells me nothing about what Quasar thinks of Zexy's question, no elaboration. A one word post, even in response to a question, is useless. Heck, I didn't even think the forum allowed suck short posts from non-staff.

Unvote
Vote: Quasar_Catfish

My reasoning for this is two fold. The first being that my Raven vote, frankly, isn't going anywhere. I still think Raven's vote on me was a cheap and easy target... And either HD or Mido, I forget which, dispelled Raven's logic almost immediately.

My other reason is that after reviewing Quasar's posts, I am not feeling very confident about them. The reason I didn't notice Quasar the first time is they flew under the radar. None of their posts stood out to me, where other people did.

The posts that Quasar did "contribute" seems to be echoing other people's sentiments.

I went over Raven’s posts and… nothing bothered me. They sound incredibly natural and from his Town self - I would not think he would sound so Town and like him if this is his first scum game.

It's 2:13am and I don't know why I'm even here rn, I should probably go to sleep :confused:

Vote: Phase Extension

Vote: ExLight

And now that I have taken care of standard protocol matters...

Unvote
Vote: Keanu Reeves

For keeping me up that long
Raven could have just sticked to his ExLight paranoia vote meta and kept it there.
Let the poor doggo vape if it helps them in those weird times we live in smh

Me being independent is fine, it's supposed to be lake that, my heart beat is pure chaos (I should probably stop with the energy drink slamming lol)
That being said, I randed green which I guess is supposed to indicate that I'm town aligned.

I also accepted the one and only truth...
Keanu Reeves is always and never, everywhere and nowhere, everybody and nobody. He existed before time did and will still exist after time ended.
Keanu Reeves is coming back everywhere and nothing can stop it! It's the consciousness that lives in your mind! Edadadadada!

Unvote

Vote: ExLight

OMGUSing me at a point where I've already voted elsewhere? For real?
I don’t remember if this was serious or not, but it’s fine regardless
I got a notification that Zinn replied to the thread at the time game started, but not that I was pinged. Dunno if this counts or not.
Content just saying he has the thread on Watch.
Hmmmmmm...
VC is all over the place, with 48h left fair enough but I'm worried that I'll be the one who gets to bite it again because I do something thoughtless and someone wants to keep the wagons tied...

Unvote

Let's do this and see where it goes ig

Vote: ZekromMahDad

Also what's it with the apple juice, we're playing DnD ffs...

Vote: Unrestricted access to the taverns storage
Good gamesolve attempt - trying to test reactions from the vote on Zekrom and maybe even Zekrom attempt, while also joking around about the tavern, which shows his level of confidence.
Well after reading this....

...this feels slightly stupid, but oh well.
Unless votes starting to pile up I'm fine staying here for now shrugs
I will admit I have not paid much thought to this post - why would you, Raven, decide to stay on Zekrom if votes started piling up?
visible frustration

I'll try to reload the page first before hitting sent, I'm progressively looking more like a moron.

Unvote
This sounds natural and legit mistake.
In addition to that, I'm inclined to believe Jamie's Miller claim, at least there wasn't any counter claim and I could see a race like Drow being Miller. If ZekromMahDad CCs the lynch should be among the two of them imo.
I was slightly worried about something Zexy said very early, but I'm not willing to go for a lynch because of that for now.
I had something in mind that gave me a town vibe while writing this, but then I realized that another possible scenario could be going on and therefore I realized it's WIFOM.
Good natural sounding analysis.
Yeah, gimme a few secs
Ok
This. I see three possibilities behind this post:

1. Zexy's role is something fairly irrelevant.
This makes me wonder how he already has ideas on what Town lacks/scum has.

2. Zexy is scum and needs to buy more time for a safe fake claim.
However, if that's the case, he could just fake claim what Town is apparently missing?
Unless it's something that's easy to debunk.

3. Zexy actually has an important role but wants to keep low profile.
Depending on the type of role, it may also be the foundation for his guess.

Technically Zexy could also just be gambitting hard and actually has no clue about potential missing/not missing roles, but I kinda doubt that.

The WIFOM comes into play with ZekromMahDad.
At first, it looked towny, giving the impression to try to avoid a mislynch of an inactive that ay be town and potentially subbed.
But then I realized that he may just need to buy time for his inactive scum bud to get replaced so I was kinda where I started again.

However, his interactions with DW felt rather towny than scummy imo and with that in mind I'ld rather keep an eye out on the slot than going for the kill already.
This is a good post that made me town core Raven. His analysis of what Zexy could be reminds me of his analysis of helperman potentially being a harmful Independent in Chess Mafia.

Raven even concludes a Town read in the end of it, showing more of his gamesolve rather than it just being fluff. (Unlike a certain dandere seemed to be implying hMmmmm)
Well that was a weird experience, guess I went bottoms up a few times more than I could handle...
Anyway, bar maid, next round please!
I don’t think there is anything relevant here, so not gonna bother trying to understand the context.
Missed to take a stance on this one...

Yeah, it was actually fairly disconnected from the thread, I literally just got up and jist skimmed the thread real quick when I wrote that, so fair point.
Fair.
Does thou even read flavor text?

Can't quote this the right way, but...
Your death gives every player a single twenty sided die (ZD20) that they can use in the thread. This die gives each player who uses it a 50% chance to become a double voter for the current day phase they use it in. They use this die by mentioning both @ZinnLav and @TheCapsFan in the thread during a Day Phase and stating Roll My ZD20!
Ok
Ok
Well the time it took me from the first quoted post to the last was an emotional hellride

NAI statement, town has reason to say that but so does scum, however, given the lack of pressure involved I'm not considering this as a scum motivated statement.
Good analysis.
Are you guys shitting me now? :jessie:
Yes
Hmmmmmm...

Hoping for an opportunity or me just tinfoiling/overrating things too hard?

I don't really like how fast Ex jumped the gun on ZekromMahDad as soon as Zexy mentioned the option. Even less considering how Zexy first opposed the option when I went that direction.
Not a fan of the HumanDawn push either tbh.

But Ex going after ZekromMahDad based on inactivity is indeed NAI.
Zexy's point about DW and the DW/Jamie interaction looks towny but is easy to fake if you know who's town and who's not...

I hate D1s :confused:
Lots of thought procresses and conclusions, why did @FinalArcadia not town read this slot again?
I assume tied wagons for maximum risk reward ain't an option? :bulbaLol:
Ok
Oh and I wanted to point out that snowy liked on of my posts around 5h ago, so he was definitely around at some point but decided to not talk with us.

Which imo is enough to justify...

Vote: Snowy

Still better than a no lynch under these circumstances and I feel like the whole Zexy/ExLight situation doesn't lead us anywhere. My proposal would be to re-evaluate the two after we had some night actions and a kill we can analyze.
Okay, so I think this is the quote Snowy was finding sussy.

I think it is in character for Raven to vote Snowy for it by thinking it is lurking scum.
Well actually it was a :wynaut: but that shouldn't make much of a difference
Ok
This one

It was more the overall situation that made it feel odd to me tbh. Like, I wouldn't even have thought about if further if it wasn't literally the only noticeable life sign aside from the HumanDawn vote earlier. Might be that I got weird expectations but something like Currently catching up or something along the lines would have done the job. The way I saw it, it felt more like wolf catching up while waiting for a general run down in the chat.

Unvote
This is actually a good reason for sussing Snowy enough to vote him - sure, Town can do it too, but I can see how Raven would be paranoid enough to just go for it.

That said, I can see why people would think him backing off might come from scum, but I see this more as Town being coached with how much the reason for the vote makes sense.

I am not voting this. @JamieIsBored @Quasar_Catfish

Unfortunately this makes another player, who, if Town, is going to be make me more Nightkill bait so Mafia can try to mislynch them without me on the way to argue against them. The first being Zexy.

Day One Vote Count:
Snowy (4) - beryllium, ExLight, HumanDawn, DawningWinds
Raven_Raziel (2) - JamieIsBored, Quasar_Catfish
Quasar_Catfish (5) - Zexy, Mint Elv, FinalArcadia, Potato-6, Snowy

Not voting:
Minish, Raven_Raziel

1 hour and 38 minutes left.

1. RavenRaziel98 - feels like they do a lot of posts related to the mechanics of the game, along with ones about claims, but are less inclined to analyze post content itself. Even the Snowy vote seems to be because Snowy liked a post of theirs somewhere else but didn't post in here yet, rather than for the HD vote or something like that. I've said this before; people seem to townread this slot, but I just don't.
While it is true that there were posts from Raven related to the mechanics of the game from the double vote and the JamieIsBored and potential Zexy claim - I feel like you ended up twisting his overall content here by making it out as if it is the only thing he did.

As I quoted from his posts, he showed his thought processes and conclusions when making reads about relevant topics. He even said he agrees with neither a lynch on either Zexy and ExLight when I replied to his Harry Potter 2 meme image (this is a sentence i never thought i would say in Mafia) which is a bold take -> I don’t see him being Scum with Zexy putting more attention to lynching either ExLight and Zexy with a meme image. His Snowy vote made sense without his explanation as a way of trying to get an inactive to post and get a read from, and his explanation of how Snowy didn’t post that they came back and were catching up, and how it made him paranoid for him not doing such, is good too and makes sense.

What about the analysis, conclusions and approaches that he made were actually… say, unreasonable?

Why is the search system on this forum so friggen useless? I searched for "vote: quasar" and got EVERY SINGLE POST THAT MENTIONED Quasar. Aaaaaaah.
Me having to manually scroll through pages to count the votes because of this.
Heck, I didn't even think the forum allowed suck short posts from non-staff.
I feel like 3 is the absolute minimum, either that or Fun & Games disables the limit.
Well that was a weird experience, guess I went bottoms up a few times more than I could handle...
Anyway, bar maid, next round please!
How did I miss this post until HD iso'd your posts, Inspiration Die for you good sir. Shame there's no mechanics for it. You get advantage on raiding the bar I guess?

@Zexy remind me, if you have already said, what was the Mafia role you don’t think Mafia has?

It’s the redirector then?
Part of it was me hoping they have no redirects, the rest was just making them afraid I have much info and gotta die.
Day One Vote Count:
Snowy (4) - beryllium, ExLight, HumanDawn, DawningWinds

Raven (3) - Snowy, JamieIsBored, Quasar_Catfish
Quasar (4) - Zexy, Mint Elv, FinalArcadia, Potato-6

Not Voting - Minish, RavenRaziel98
Day One Ends in a little over 3 hours Countdown

Edit: Changed the time remaining for end of phase to prevent confusion.
Interesting vote count. At face value, I trust 3/4 of the people in Quas wagon (self included) the most. In Raven I have 2 nulls and an in Snowy 3 half-nulls.
Omg @RavenRaziel98 is hugging all my posts in the game??
HE DID IT TO ME TOO HENCE THE 70+ ALERTS
Just to the point where I'm sure you've noticed that it happens, no point in spamming you further ;)

Trust me Arthur, I have a plan!
Awesome.

... My vote on Quas stays btw. Fully skimmed up.

I didnt really give much reasoning on why i voted quas so ill give it now bit late but ohh well it seems he is paaying very differently to his normal town where he is very using very short messages trying not to give any information for town witch just gives scummy vibes sorry im im just repeating what everyone else has said

I didnt really give much reasoning on why i voted quas so ill give it now bit late but ohh well it seems he is paaying very differently to his normal town where he is very using very short messages trying not to give any information for town witch just gives scummy vibes sorry im im just repeating what everyone else has said
I thought of this too that his play was different from Yu-Gi-Oh! GO Rush! and didn’t say it. Hearing it from you makes me feel better about your slot, like Zexy has said.

I think it’s already obvious from previous posts that I am more inclined to lynch Quaser here, so if there is scum somewhere else, then they are not voting Snowy to save Quaser last minute and get heat on them.

Unvote: Snowy
Vote: Quaser_Catfish

Day One End / Night One Start

The party has a grand time in the tavern, many of them manage to convince the barkeeper that they're heroic adventurers and deserve free apple juice. HumanDawn is seen sneaking into the tavern storage after RavenRaziel managed to pick the lock. A passing alchemist gives Snowy a strange drink with bubbles in it, which he happily chugs down. The barkeeper doesn't mind handing out free apple juice since it smelled a bit funny, she would've just thrown it out otherwise. Minish sits in the corner being dark and moody nursing a mug with nothing in it.

Final Day One Vote Count:
Snowy (3) - beryllium, ExLight, DawningWinds
RavenRaziel98 (2) - Jamie, Quasar_Catfish
Quasar_Catfish (6) - Zexy, Mint Elv, FinalArcadia, Potato-6, Snowy, HumanDawn

Not Voting - Minish, RavenRaziel98,

Tavern Hijinks:
Free Apple Juice (9) - beryllium, Quasar_Catfish, DawningWinds, Mint Elv, ExLight, JamieIsBored, Potato-6, Zexy, FinalArcadia
Unrestricted Access to Tavern Storage (1) - RavenRaziel98
Free Soda (1) - Snowy
Poison Apple Juice (1) - HumanDawn
Not Drinking (1) - Minish

After plenty of apple juice tempers begin to flare and a bar fight breaks out.
Things get quickly out of hand but a hush falls over everyone when someone cries out "He's not moving!", it seems Quasar_Catfish took a tumble and cracked their head against a table...

Quasar_Catfish has been lynched!
They were a Saurial Bard from the College of Eloquence, a x1 Neighbourizer & x2 Watcher!

Dear Quasar_Catfish,

You are a Bard, from the College of Eloquence (Sub-Class).
Your race is that of the Saurial, the strange dinosaur looking people who communicate in smell.

Adherents of the College of Eloquence master the art of oratory. Persuasion is regarded as a high art, and a well-reasoned, well-spoken argument often proves more persuasive than facts. These bards wield a blend of logic and theatrical wordplay, winning over skeptics and detractors with logical arguments and plucking at heartstrings to appeal to the emotions of audiences.

xLW9WTCQT86DegFxkz9-NxwvkEm7A-t3vc8T88rcRDt_0OMLs45ZOpuHQg4o5RD-7zE6zalj0c2xOMxM5YBQHSKsK1mdSXG1IvffiUMZfXE5n6S4A8VG32Q9xFrwfYWoiWLU-J2CLxLBSxGF2RaRb8ZyhA=s2048

“Can I roll for seduction?"

Humming as she traces her fingers over an ancient monument in a long-forgotten ruin, a half-elf in rugged leathers finds knowledge springing into her mind, conjured forth by the magic of her song—knowledge of the people who constructed the monument and the mythic saga it depicts.

A stern human warrior bangs his sword rhythmically against his scale mail, setting the tempo for his war chant and exhorting his companions to bravery and heroism. The magic of his song fortifies and emboldens them.

Laughing as she tunes her cittern, a gnome weaves her subtle magic over the assembled nobles, ensuring that her companions' words will be well received.

Whether scholar, skald, or scoundrel, a bard weaves magic through words and music to inspire allies, demoralize foes, manipulate minds, create illusions, and even heal wounds.

TTQMUgSlkDeMTEk0X-vN2tEeDHX1t3uVu5Iw7-fh1bn5qm8BO2rn49t54GsVaCmmR_JhPbQEG1azpAd3_RcaENsA5Gvm4nFjvG-6aR4kaPPl0RaHPN5ZitnfF45OLlFqdQmTGa74VU2o4z5JD_bWI_ot2g=s2048

Because you’ve trained with the College of Eloquence, you have a certain way with words and can get to know others easily as such you are a 1x Neighbourizer and once during the game you can form a private chat with a player you visit using your Night Action when you say Use Universal Speech On: [Player] during the Night Phase in your Role PM.

In addition, using your connections, you are also a 2x Watcher, twice during the game you may visit a player to learn if any other player visited them that night when you say Song of Rest With: [Player] during the Night Phase in your Role PM.
You cannot use both powers in the same night.

You are a member of the Party (Town) and win when all threats to you have been wiped out.
They were a member of the Party (Town)!

It is now Night One!
Day Two will begin in 24 hours: Countdown

None of that sounds like Mason…

Was thinking he was BSing when he claimed nothing.

I have to stop and rethink things here.

WIFOM but for the record I'd just die cuz I hate scum theater
…Dude you and I did scumtheater in Archie sonic mafia.
I love games like this. I remember trying to convince an Independent to Kingmaker me as Mafia once, with the threat that I'd nightkill them otherwise since I'd lose even if I killed the town. Can't recall the game or the specifics...
I remember once trying to bribe indep DarthWolf with waffles to vote mafia side.
I had a priest in my D&D game tell the party to "prostate before the altar", I cannot speak properly.
In fairness I made sure I was using the right word.
I am once again sorry about the balance making that game too breakable by claims.
:bulbaHugs: I blame Zexy and Human and their obsessions with claims.
Don’t be, Mafia would have lost anyway if it was a pure Vanilla game.
…what? No we wouldn’t have. Not only were two of us heavily town read, but I’m great at vanilla games. I love vanilla games.
Mint Elv is the yandere
For me to be a yandere, I would have to like you in the first place.
But my phone's about dead and if it dies while I'm asleep I won't get my bonuses for getting this Snorlax all the way up to Master 2! (I'm going, I'm going)
Plug it in while you sleep. You should have had it plugged in while catching up too.
Omg @RavenRaziel98 is hugging all my posts in the game??
Stay away from my child.
3 pages and 79 alerts, seriously...

I will catch up to as much as possible before EOD.
Please dont ever.
HE DID IT TO ME TOO HENCE THE 70+ ALERTS
Are you rejecting your own son?
Quasar_Catfish has been lynched!
They were a Saurial Bard from the College of Eloquence, a x1 Neighbourizer & x2 Watcher!

Dear Quasar_Catfish,

You are a Bard, from the College of Eloquence (Sub-Class).
Your race is that of the Saurial, the strange dinosaur looking people who communicate in smell.

Adherents of the College of Eloquence master the art of oratory. Persuasion is regarded as a high art, and a well-reasoned, well-spoken argument often proves more persuasive than facts. These bards wield a blend of logic and theatrical wordplay, winning over skeptics and detractors with logical arguments and plucking at heartstrings to appeal to the emotions of audiences.

xLW9WTCQT86DegFxkz9-NxwvkEm7A-t3vc8T88rcRDt_0OMLs45ZOpuHQg4o5RD-7zE6zalj0c2xOMxM5YBQHSKsK1mdSXG1IvffiUMZfXE5n6S4A8VG32Q9xFrwfYWoiWLU-J2CLxLBSxGF2RaRb8ZyhA=s2048

“Can I roll for seduction?"

Spoiler: Class Description Humming as she traces her fingers over an ancient monument in a long-forgotten ruin, a half-elf in rugged leathers finds knowledge springing into her mind, conjured forth by the magic of her song—knowledge of the people who constructed the monument and the mythic saga it depicts.

A stern human warrior bangs his sword rhythmically against his scale mail, setting the tempo for his war chant and exhorting his companions to bravery and heroism. The magic of his song fortifies and emboldens them.

Laughing as she tunes her cittern, a gnome weaves her subtle magic over the assembled nobles, ensuring that her companions' words will be well received.

Whether scholar, skald, or scoundrel, a bard weaves magic through words and music to inspire allies, demoralize foes, manipulate minds, create illusions, and even heal wounds.

TTQMUgSlkDeMTEk0X-vN2tEeDHX1t3uVu5Iw7-fh1bn5qm8BO2rn49t54GsVaCmmR_JhPbQEG1azpAd3_RcaENsA5Gvm4nFjvG-6aR4kaPPl0RaHPN5ZitnfF45OLlFqdQmTGa74VU2o4z5JD_bWI_ot2g=s2048

Because you’ve trained with the College of Eloquence, you have a certain way with words and can get to know others easily as such you are a 1x Neighbourizer and once during the game you can form a private chat with a player you visit using your Night Action when you say Use Universal Speech On: [Player] during the Night Phase in your Role PM.

In addition, using your connections, you are also a 2x Watcher, twice during the game you may visit a player to learn if any other player visited them that night when you say Song of Rest With: [Player] during the Night Phase in your Role PM.
You cannot use both powers in the same night.

You are a member of the Party (Town) and win when all threats to you have been wiped out.
They were a member of the Party (Town)!
This is why you don’t be vague in mafia.
After plenty of apple juice tempers begin to flare and a bar fight breaks out.
Things get quickly out of hand but a hush falls over everyone when someone cries out "He's not moving!", it seems Quasar_Catfish took a tumble and cracked their head against a table...
I feel like this is a miss opportunity. Why wasn’t it the poisoned apple juice that killed him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom