• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contestshipping vs Advanceshipping

Which one do you favor most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know which to pick

Advanceshipping is cute

Contestshipping is also cute and is more canon

oh wtf. i thought this thread was like dead. BUT if it's not, I shall post, since I have no life right now. :D :D

which one for me?

Contest, obviously.
I love Shuu and Haruka's interactions together, and how over the episodes, you could tell how much nicer and sincere(is that the word?) Shuu was getting towards Haruka ..and then how he cared so much about when Harley was tricking her, and got pissed. A lot of the AS'er's arguments were that "Shuu is an ass! WHY WOULD HARUKA EVER GO WITH HIM?!"
:x LAAAAME. seriously. What are they, 10? I think it's pretty damn common and normal (i KNOW SO) for a boy to pick on a girl that he really likes, just because he likes seeing her angry and because he doesn't want to show that he truly likes her. That's why Shuu WAS a jerk. He definitely became a sweetheart at the end of AG ..not exactly the sweetest thing ..but you know what I mean.

And even how angry and annoyed Haruka got with him ...every time she saw him again after they bickered for a bit, she'd act all friendly towards him. I think in a way, it's normal for the girl to also kinda enjoy a boy paying that much attention to them. I mean ..Shuu basically stalked her (non-creepy way. the sexy way ;D) ..he'd pop up and say something that means he was obviously there for a bit, hearing what she was saying and stuff.

But awha. I loved the Hoenn GF (I STILL WATCH THAT DVD ALL THE TIME. :x) Harley commenting on the two lovebirds. Haruka blushing = WIN.
and OH, btw ..there were quite a bit of characters in the anime that commented on Haruka/Shuu's relationship. Wakana (especially), Harley too. Musashi and I know there was someone else. D: well, Saori obviously knew ..cause she let out the "Shuu talks about you all the time" to Haruka. :p (i think that was dubbed in only, but the original couldn't have been that different right?)

After the Wakana episode, when people were still denying it's total canonnness ..I wanted to beat so many people. :x That whole episode was like a contest party for CS'ers. AND SHUU BLUSHED ..TWICE. I was so shocked ..I could not see him blushing ..but he did. xD over Haruka.

And then the Kanto GF and Rivals Forever ...SO SWEET. I'm not even gonna explain, because I think most people have seen the episodes for themselves ..if they like either Advance or Contest. but Shuu was a sweetheart in RF.

....But don't get me wrong now. I've admitted a few times now that I've always liked Advanceshipping deep down. It's just I could never enjoy it or tell myself that I liked it ..because when AG was airing ..the shipping section was such a mess (i kinda miss it now D:) but yeah. you know.

But I do like Advanceshipping. It's cute and all.
I just highly prefer Contest. :)

I choose contestshipping over advanceshipping. Drew and May have grown closer during the series, and Ash is already taken by a newer girl I think, as you can read in my signature. :look:

Sorry people but I disagree. Probably, some people will take rocks to put on my head, but i need to say this. DREW IS GAY. Please, he had all the chances to do something romantic with May, or to say something really lovely to her, and all the times he has failed. Ingnoring this, he always do something to enrage May, like say tha she isn't a good pokemon contest player, and he is better than her.
But Ash was always at May side, when she needed him. When she almost lost the boat to the last contest of her, he tried at all costs make her find Max and find a way to make it in time. He helped her and has always a good word, saying that she was, in fact, a good pokemon trainer and contest player.
Even if Drew has feelings for May, Ash deserves her more, because he had true feelings for her, and never abbandoned her.

Drew, gay? xD
All the chances to do something romantic with May. You must have let the fact that they're 10-13 years old slip your mind.
I don't have hard cold proof when I say this, but I'm pretty sure that Drew teases May as a sign of affection. It's been said that kids around that age do that, and I'd seriously know from experience.
Plus everything he says to her motivated her and made her the kick-butt Coordinator she's become.
There could be tons of theories as to why Drew acts the way he does towards May, but we do know he does care about her and have feelings for her to some extent. Put aside the fact of the roses, what about when he helped May out.. more than once with Harley? It could have benefited himself if he just minded his own business. But no, he did choose to help May.

Ash. Ash IS a great friend to May. Can't deny that. They'd help each other out whenever needed and they could do/talk about anything. They're so alike in more ways than one. But even saying that, I just can't see the hints/potential this ship has against Contestshipping.
Ash deserving May? See, I can't see that either. He'd choose Pikachu over any of his friends when it came right down to it. Like in 'A Real Cleffa-Hanger'. He was definitely more worried about Pikachu than he was about Misty or Max. His Pokemon and career as a future Pokemon Master is all he's going to focus on right now. Maybe given time, after he matures, he could be ready for a relationship. But by then I see it more likely that he and May would have drifted apart as she has been competing in different regions(Most likely the same ones with Drew.)

DREW IS GAY.
Wow, seriously? Someone has a chip.

If Drew is nothing else, he's straight. He treated May like the playground girl with the pigtails to tug, because he liked her. It was the writers' choice to handle it as they did, meaning no, they didn't go on dates and they didn't profess feelings. He intentionally made her angry to get her attention (in the beginning, to belittle her as meager competition, but later on, because he /did/ like her) and he stopped making her angry along the way (if you never noticed, and I bet you didn't), because he had her attention naturally.

Is May a lesbian because she didn't tell Drew her feelings (which are there) much like he didn't tell her his? Ash also didn't profess feelings for May; is he gay too?

Logic overturned. Drew isn't gay, nor is Advanceshipping more canon than Contestshipping. Pokeshipping isn't as canon as Contestshipping; at the point Kanto 2.0 ended, GhostContest was genuine canon (meaning they are/were on their way to full-fledged canon, mutually).

And I'm no fan of /any/ of them, so I can say that without bias.

May, stay away from Ash. Move back. You shall not pass!

Drew may have teased her a lot, and did not fully confess he likes May, but I remember a scene where Harley interrupts them being together at a moment when it seemed like one of them was about to take the first step and talk about their possible relationship. They acted both very "caught in the act" then. I think Ash is a very good friend and support for May, but Drew gives her beautiflys in her stomach.

Another possible reason for Drew and May not getting together could be that Drew didn't want to give Harley something to take advantage of, while they were battling in contests. It would have been Drew's weak spot if he openly confessed loving May.

Drew is METROSEXUAL!
:p
He's obviously not gay at all, as he's shown OBVIOUS signs of attraction towards May (who is obvious a chick.) mwha.

But Luna said it all. I don't think it can be further explained.
If you think Drew is gay, I won't change your opinion. But ..in all honesty ..Drew is not gay, and he's not, even if you think so.

Drew is METROSEXUAL!
:p
He's obviously not gay at all, as he's shown OBVIOUS signs of attraction towards May (who is obvious a chick.) mwha.

But Luna said it all. I don't think it can be further explained.
If you think Drew is gay, I won't change your opinion. But ..in all honesty ..Drew is not gay, and he's not, even if you think so.

OK,ok, maybe i was getting hard on Drew. It's just I'm tired of all people saying that advanceshipping has a little chance to occur, compared to contestshipping. Please people, have you seen the episodes of Hoenn League? And the 9th or 10th(i dont remember) movie where they swim in a bunch of Luvdiscs? Ahh, if there are signs of contestshipping on the anime, there are too signs of advanceshipping. Please, Ash asked May to go with him to Battle Frontier. He never asked that to a girl before. Drew may be a metrossexual or whatever he wants, but, even if he likes May, do you think May love him? If i could bet, i think May only sees him like a rival to her. She may like him, but not LOVE him. And what do you expect from a girl of 10 years? She loves Drew now, and after a while she is loving Ash. It's a very hard question to a kid, don't you think?

And the 9th or 10th(i dont remember) movie where they swim in a bunch of Luvdiscs? Ahh, if there are signs of contestshipping on the anime, there are too signs of advanceshipping. Please, Ash asked May to go with him to Battle Frontier. He never asked that to a girl before.
He didn't ask her to Sinnoh. He didn't ask Misty to Hoenn. May wanted to run after Drew and Harley. She didn't want to stick with Ash forever. Telling? I think so.

Also, Luvdisc? Ha! Those aren't a hint. You want to know why?

Ash and Dawn were faced with a school of Luvdisc too. In the anime. Which is more immediate canon than the movies.

That, and Pokédex entries? Not always true to anime standard.

Drew may be a metrossexual or whatever he wants, but, even if he likes May, do you think May love him? If i could bet, i think May only sees him like a rival to her. She may like him, but not LOVE him. And what do you expect from a girl of 10 years? She loves Drew now, and after a while she is loving Ash. It's a very hard question to a kid, don't you think?
Show me the scene that is exactly like the kind May and Drew had with Ash in place of Drew, and we'll talk about those claims.

May + Drew + off in Johto = secret romance? yes please.

The fact that the writters went and (litterally) shipped them off together kind of confirms it for me. The ship itself is cute, but can get a bit dull in my opinion. Just kind of the stereotypical hero/rival crush that we've already seen with Ash and Gary. So thats pretty much my shpeal on Contestshipping. Its cute, its cannon, but Im not an "active" shipper it.

Sorry people but I disagree. Probably, some people will take rocks to put on my head, but i need to say this. DREW IS GAY. Please, he had all the chances to do something romantic with May, or to say something really lovely to her, and all the times he has failed. Ingnoring this, he always do something to enrage May, like say tha she isn't a good pokemon contest player, and he is better than her.
But Ash was always at May side, when she needed him. When she almost lost the boat to the last contest of her, he tried at all costs make her find Max and find a way to make it in time. He helped her and has always a good word, saying that she was, in fact, a good pokemon trainer and contest player.
Even if Drew has feelings for May, Ash deserves her more, because he had true feelings for her, and never abbandoned her.

Drew is gay? Really? He's shown plenty of signs of liking May. Giving her roses, openly flirting with her, and even blushing around her. I thought it was pretty obvious he had a thing for her.

And just because Ash is a good friend to May doesn't mean he likes her or anything. Advanceshipping hints, or what you guys like to call hints, just pale in comparison to the many obvious Contestshipping hints.

Eh, everyone else has basically said it already, but I had to get my two cents in there.

Yeah, I also don't think that Drew gave May roses because he wants to get the address of her manicure... He clearly has a crush on her, but has a strange way of not making it completely clear, not unlike any other character from the anime, right?

Well, nothing else matters. I'm talking to dozens of contestshippers who will not accept any hint of advanceshipping. I'ts useless to argue with you. Nothing that I say will convince you of advanceshipping, so, I will end this discussion. It's just useless. You all love Drew. I respect this, but i prefer Ash than Drew. And even with we discuss this forever, when can do nothing, cause we aren't the directors of show, and we can't make Drew to make a couple with May, or Ash to make a couple with her. The fact is, that we can only dream with it.

DAMMITTTTTTT, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:banghead:

cause we aren't the directors of show, and we can't make Drew to make a couple with May
Funny, because that's where the directors seemed to be steering their boat.

I don't like Drew and I'm no Contestshipper (het is in my minority and canon couples are rarely my cuppa). I'm seeing this from a purely objective point of view.

Directors intentions all seem to point for May and Drew having feelings for each other. That is all.

Considering this thread also started three years ago...it's a rather outdated topic anyway. Because in the end, Contestshipping did pull ahead of Advanceshipping, and there's nothing to hint that the story is gonna renege on that side-plot anytime soon.

'The mind sees what it wants to see.' What a contestshipper will see as a clear hint, an advanceshipper will see nothing special. Same thing the other way round.

The point is that there will be no end to this arguement/discussion/debate until May clearly says who she likes more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom