• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Chemical Compounds Mafia - Endgame (TBC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joke vote, we’re in RVS. I just felt kinda dumb about confirming early. Unvote: Cilantro

Don’t know what to think of Soulmaster’s opening statement. Could’ve just been early clarification for absence this phase.

Confirming!

VOTE: Soulmaster

Because it is officially Day 1 so something should be in a post besides just a confirmation in my opinion.
Exactly, you can't try to generate anything without first saying something.
I don't understand why you wouldn't have joke-voted or something else in that initially "confirming" post if you acknowledge that nothing starts without trying to actually generate discussion. Your post did generate discussion (I mean, I'm talking about it right now), but that doesn't seem like it was your intention with it.
Do we have anything to talk about yet? That's what always makes day 1 tricky for me. Other than joke voting (Which doesn't mean much), there isn't a lot to talk about
But how do you expect to have anything to talk about if nobody makes a move? Even pure joke votes (assuming they're on a player and not like a host-vote or something) at least have a chance of starting something rather than many people just straight-up confirming with nothing else.
-----
On the Cilantro-topic, at least Cilantro voted. On himself, but I'm not really getting any malicious or scummy intent from that. Just seems like a null move, and to be fair I sort of get where he's coming from as someone who dwells on my minor mistakes and getting embarrassed lol.

Confirming!

VOTE: Soulmaster

I don't understand why you wouldn't have joke-voted or something else in that initially "confirming" post if you acknowledge that nothing starts without trying to actually generate discussion. Your post did generate discussion (I mean, I'm talking about it right now), but that doesn't seem like it was your intention with it.
You've played enough you should know that original intentions of posts in mafia games go out the window very quickly. You're right, I didnt intend for it to work like this, but it is so I'm running with it.
Also my reasoning for not joke-voting, I don't. I try not to do a random because I have seen too many powerful town roles get voted off D1 because of a couple joke votes and maybe 1 real one.

You've played enough you should know that original intentions of posts in mafia games go out the window very quickly. You're right, I didnt intend for it to work like this, but it is so I'm running with it.
Also my reasoning for not joke-voting, I don't. I try not to do a random because I have seen too many powerful town roles get voted off D1 because of a couple joke votes and maybe 1 real one.
Yeah, but the intent that started a post is what's most important, since trying to figure out intent is what helps get reads on people. I'm not saying that people can't take a post beyond its original purpose, but it doesn't really change how it started.

That's fair on the joke voting, though this day phase is extremely long if I understand the D1 post correctly (started at 70 hours remaining) and plenty of time for actual discussion to hopefully overtake pure jokes to get a decent vote. I guess what I'm trying to say here and in that last post of mine to Eevee is that I don't understand what anyone expects to do in D1 if others just sorta wait and hope something happens. If everyone did that, nothing would start and that just hurts us.

@Soulmaster You mentioned you don't normally post so early on Day 1 - what made you do so now if not for the intention of generating discussion? Was there some motivation behind it, or was it lacking reason?

I understand the question you're giving SM, but I'm curious - do you think it's that suspicious for him to have nothing to say this early in the game?

No, I don’t that’s suspicious in and of itself. I just thought it was sort of odd that he would say he thought something else should be in his post besides confirmation, when all he added to his confirmation post was that he didn’t have thoughts on the game.

@Soulmaster You mentioned you don't normally post so early on Day 1 - what made you do so now if not for the intention of generating discussion? Was there some motivation behind it, or was it lacking reason?
My pure reason was responding to the that I wasn't on the mention list. I also don't normally post this much, I'm the lurker in a game, so doing all of this feels very strange.

Unvote: Feenie
Vote: Max1996

Are you not sure about Lurkers in general? Or are you saying you're suspicious about those who haven't said much yet?
What's with the vote? Are you suspecting Max? Or is this an attempt at pressure?

Max, what do you think about Soulmaster being more active than normal this game?

Saying you're gonna lurk is not really a good look although it is typical behavior from Soulmaster.

What's not typical is Max putting pressure on someone on Day 1, which I find very interesting.

Hmm...let’s see what I can do to help.

Listen up, people. Max, Kyriaki, Soulmaster and I are all Neighbors with each other. So I’m willing to believe at least one of us is Mafia. Kyriaki still needs to answer AussieEevee, but hasn’t really done anything scummy from what I can tell. Max looks a bit undecided about his suspicions on Soulmaster, which I suppose is to be expected on Day 1. Soulmaster...he hasn’t done anything very obviously scummy yet, though it still seems like he was trying to pass his statement that was essentially “no comment” as additional content with his confirmation post. And what I try to look for when scumhunting now is mere attempts to “look Town,” as it’s the Mafia who would most care about their image. So I’ll place my real vote there.

Unvote: Cilantro
Vote: Soulmaster

What's with the vote? Are you suspecting Max? Or is this an attempt at pressure?
It was because Max simply said "not too sure about Lurkers" without explaining why or putting a vote on Lurker(s). I wanted more information so I added the vote to get an answer.

Unvote: Max1996

Day 1 Votals, approximately 24 hour votals (Current as of 5:42PM PST)

SoulMaster (3): Max1996, FinalArcadia, MegaPod
Kyriaki (1): jdthebud

Day 1 will end about 70 hours from now on June 22, 2018 (Friday) at 4pm PST. Countdown Timer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom