Search results for query: *

1. R

Homosexuality and genetics - food for thought

Interesting little fact I learned the other day. People on both sides point to the twin studies to disprove the other side. Of all the homosexual men in the study with an identical twin who was separated at birth, 55% of those identical twins were also homosexuals. The instance was...
  2. R

Possible inspiration for Paras/Parasect

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCOQ0VU24xw (WARNING: Mildly disturbing) Furthermore, a Wikipedia article says that the cordyceps is sometimes used in Chinese traditional medicine. Sound familiar? ETA: Bulbapedia says that the fungus that grows on Paras' back is called tochukaso, which...
  3. R

Biggest non-criminal asshole in Pokemon

I'm going to have to go with Harley. Paul comes close, but none of the other characters besides marked criminals even compare in terms of pure malice.
  4. R

Srsly

You know what I don't understand? Conspiracy theories. Well, a lot of them anyway. I was just saw a clip today of the 700 Club where what's-his-name (the male host) said that liberals/ environmentalists (they're synonymous to nutcases) all want to destroy America, they want to stop cars in...
  5. R

How in the world of Michigan...

...does a GOVERNMENT SHUT DOWN?? I saw this on Argy's LJ, but I'd like more info plz.
  6. R

US polygamist leader found guilty

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7013402.stm You know how sex offenders get treated in jail, right? Let's see how he likes being forced into sexual slavery.
  7. R

Relationship-related questions

1. Can a close friendship survive unrequited love? (like, one friend is in love with the other, but the other loves him but not in "that way") This is actually a yaoi scenario I thought of in my head... 2. Whenever I hear about a girl being emotionally manipulative or read a fic about a girl...
  8. R

Non-canon pairings: How do you handle them well?

Originally posted on a Sailor Moon community, hence the example. When it comes to non-canon (or even anti-canon) pairings, what is the difference between handling them well in fanfiction and handling them poorly? For me, one of the most important factors is the setup of the pairing and, if...
  9. R

What do anime fans do that annoy you?

Me: 1. Think that Japan is just like America, but better. 2. Bash people and call them racists when they point out that yes, Japan does have its flaws. 3. Harass non-anime fans and give the rest of us a bad name. 4. Throw a temper tantrum or plug their ears and sing "LA LA LA LA I CAN'T...
  10. R

What this forum is for - please read before posting

Okay, in the last week or so I've three "Who's That Pokemon" games have been posted. This is not the section for games. What this section is for is: ~Discussion of aspects of the overall Pokemon world that aren't fully explored in canon, such as government, how Pokemon powers actually work...
  11. R

Who would you rather have?

I haven't decided, but I know who I wouldn't pick - the jerk and the idiot.
  12. R

Your "dream self"

So, when I'm asleep and dreaming, I take on like this alter ego. Like, I can control what happens in my dreams, but I can't. My desires, thought processes, personality, even values change when I'm dreaming. It's like I become a completely different person. So when I'm awake I can think, "Okay...
  13. R

Messed up dreams

http://rosesablaze.livejournal.com/tag/dreams Anyone care to interpret any of the ones I've had? Or post your own?
  14. R

Linkin Park

Any fans? Their new single came out on Tuesday. It's called "What I've Done" for those who don't know already. I bought it from iTunes already and listened to it. I'll say what others have said about it already - where the Hell is Mike? I wasn't too fond of the song when I first heard it...
  15. R

Do you think Misty is coming back?

Someone recently made allegations that everyone on BulbaGarden thinks so. I'm curious to see if that's really true. I vote "probably not". Anything's possible, but at this point I don't think she's returning. And Firefox's spellcheck is worthless.
  16. R

Kind of a strange request...

Okay, so generally speaking when it comes to what is moral I go by a slight modification of Mill's utilitarianism (the action that causes the most happiness for the most amount of people is the moral one) and that is: The action that relieves suffering or causes the least amount of suffering is...
  17. R

The Bible and the Immortal Soul

I haven't read the Bible, but a philosophy book, two clergypeople and a religion professor whom I deeply respect all say that the Bible never says anything about a soul that's separate from the body. This is what the philosophy book says:
  18. R

Some badly PS'd pics (WARNING: Huge pics)

My comments and more pics (which I don't have a before for): http://rosesablaze.livejournal.com/2007/03/08/ Hope linking to my LJ is okay.
  19. R

Is there some kind of program you can download...

...that allows you to view DVDs from different regions?
  20. R

Pet Sues

Anyone got any? That you'll never write because you know how much they suck? Mine, done in pokemon_sues format: Name: Takako Sakurai Species(es): Pokemon Master Hair Color: Black Eye Color: Wavers between clear blue, emerald green, and golden hazel, depending on my mood Markings: None...
Back
Top Bottom