Search results for query: *

1. Bolt Strike

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

It's not Switch only, it's Switch focused. Just because they say they're focusing on one system at these events doesn't mean every announcement will be for that system. There will most likely be some 3DS announcements in the Spotlight presentation.
  2. Bolt Strike

False. Ever Oasis was revealed at last year's Treehouse, and IIRC, Codename S.T.E.A.M. was revealed at 2014's Treehouse. I don't think anything as big as Pokemon has been a Treehouse reveal though, bigger announcements like that tend to be in the main event.
  3. Bolt Strike

There's no urgency for a Pokemon game on Switch whatsoever. The Switch is selling well, there's already several major Nintendo IPs, and they plan on keeping the 3DS around for at least another year or two. And as for BotW and MK8D, they've both different situations from Stars and from each...
  4. Bolt Strike

Problem is that said improvements will mostly come from an originally designed region and graphical style, not from a game designed on the 3DS and ported to the Switch. Did the Wii U really improve Zelda with Wind Waker HD or Twilight Princess HD? Not really, they were designed around past...
  5. Bolt Strike

Which is how many people? There were only 12 million Wii U owners, so that's not really a big boost to SM's audience.
  6. Bolt Strike

TBH, I can't see very many people wanting to come back to Kalos at this point knowing that it has so little to do and it's not getting a followup. You're better off waiting for the remake at this point.
  7. Bolt Strike

At least they have plot relevance unlike Zygarde. And yet it does nothing about it, making its appearance largely pointless. It takes more than a few lines of dialogue to give characters any real purpose in the storyline, they need a prominent role in the storyline and cutscenes and for its...
  8. Bolt Strike

Alola has a lot more content in it than Kalos. Alola actually has side activities like Festival Plaza and Poke Finder, Kalos has a few battle facilities and little else. I can live with Alola being cut off but Kalos deserved much much more. I mean, they shoehorned it into a completely...
  9. Bolt Strike

I agree with Serebii, I doubt we're seeing another break year given their past. Especially when we just had a new generation, the next game should be fairly lighter on work since it's based off an existing engine.
  10. Bolt Strike

Well yeah, but it's a little more than that, some people are saying Stars could get pushed back to 2018 and that would defeat the entire point. Stars' main point would be to get Pokemon on the Switch quickly, and if they wait until 2018 they'll be cutting it too close to 8th gen for it to be...
  11. Bolt Strike

If Stars doesn't come out on Switch this year (and it's looking like it's not), then it's probably not coming out on Switch at all. The whole point of Stars would be to get a Switch game out launch year because they can't wait for 8th gen, but if they're in no hurry to move on from the 3DS...
  12. Bolt Strike

Nintendo's insistence on keeping the 3DS around definitely throws the Stars rumor into serious doubt. Do you really think Game Freak, a notorious late adopter for new hardware and traditionally a handheld exclusive, would be one of the first developers jump the ship? If they're not ready to get...
  13. Bolt Strike

Considering they already distributed the Mewnium Z, they already kind of missed their chance there. HGSS isn't quite the same as a Kanto sequel. I think what most people are expecting is more of a BW2 experience with new areas, new Pokemon, and a new storyline. Something that actually fleshes...
  14. Bolt Strike

Thing is that new forms don't really get as much attention as new Pokemon. Completely new stuff will always turn heads more than a new form. Also, 1st-3rd generation doesn't make for good evidence against the idea. 1st-3rd gen is ancient history for this series, we've gone a very long time...
  15. Bolt Strike

Yeah, I'm thinking the increase in staff is for 8th gen. They're going to need a hell of a lot more resources to develop a Switch game seeing as it's in HD and capable of console scale games, a Switch Pokemon game is going to require a lot more manpower to develop.
  16. Bolt Strike

This is a circular argument. You're trying to justify Stars' existence by saying they're planning on releasing Stars, when we don't know that for a fact yet.
  17. Bolt Strike

That's just it though, what they're planning now has to have been decided before 2015. So they wouldn't have scheduled to release more Pokemon in 2018 through a delayed game that was originally intended to be a 2017 game, the 2018 game has to be the game after.
  18. Bolt Strike

What you have to keep in mind is that Game Freak has to plan their release schedule several years in advance because of how long it takes to develop games. SM seems to have been in development since 2013 to put things in perspective, so whatever they have planned for this year was probably...
  19. Bolt Strike

This is looking more and more like Stars is either fake or at the very least not on the Switch. With Marshadow being released this year, we have all of the 7th gen mythicals now and we're due for more next year. This most likely means next year is 8th gen on the Switch. And if that's the case...
  20. Bolt Strike

I would agree with that. Game Freak probably doesn't want to jump in on the Switch until they've worked out what would sell on the Switch and how Pokemon can fit that business strategy. The smart thing in this situation would probably be to keep 7th gen on the 3DS, keep an eye on how games like...
Back
Top Bottom