• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They don't usually announce the pokemon during the E3, they always announce it in May, We still got the entire month of May to figure what we'll get.

Just because they've never done that, doesn't mean they can't do it now, times change. Please all wait until the end of Nintendo's part at E3 before going all 'break year confirmed!' ^^;

And I agree with all said above, it would be weird to have another break year after just one game has been released, and it being a new generation too. It's only halfway May, there's still plenty of time for the next game to be announced, and I really wouldn't be surprised if they do wait until E3 to announce it. It is the place to announce new games, and maybe they don't have a lot of other new games to announce so they're keeping this one for it.

Just curious was there a similar thread for Z back in Generation 6? I'd like to read that heh.

I read it back since I was (like you) curious. (As far as I remember) Apparently things went too heated, and the thread was shut down, and a new thread was made by a mod. The thread ended when SM trademarks and logos showed up and the games were announced.

We have no idea what GF has in mind right now. We may have a break year, we may get our games at E3, but I'm just hoping that whatever GF comes up with would be worth the money. Every game has their worst title/spinoff (cough Pokemon Dash), and the Pokemon hype is still going really strong, so I hope that the next game, main series or not, would not be a disappointment.

I don't know about anyone else, but sometimes I find the period between the announcement of a main series game and the release to be very enjoyable.

I don't know about anyone else, but sometimes I find the period between the announcement of a main series game and the release to be very enjoyable.
Tbh I'm probably more interested in hype season than playing the actual games being hyped. Speculation and waiting for reveals is incredibly fun.

Last edited:
Tbh, I don't know what is GF planning right now, this hype is getting really intense for the fans, and the suspense is killing me, I don't know what we'll get for pokemon. They're planning something big for the main series, because they never wait till later May or announce it at the e3 and I don't think it's the spin-off game and no, I don't think it's a break year either. The fans re expecting something they want for next game like Some fans want Alola third game/sequel, most fans want sinnoh remake, and other fan wanted kanto sequel. I'm thinking that they're something for the fans, that we're not expecting. Is it possible that GF are going to change to concept of pokemon (For example, we've been getting Third game, and Remake), maybe they're doing something different for pokemon, like they did Sun/Moon? Remember they change the tradition of pokemon from Gyms to Trials and Defending your champion throne. What if the next game will have the same concept from Sun/Moon. I mean think about it, GF been doing the same concept for the last 20 years "Beat the gym leader, get a gym badge, face off against the evil team, and challenge the elite four and champion, story over, you beat the game". Maybe they're are doing something similar to what they did in Sun/Moon (okay we can gym in the post game). So if they're are doing something for alola, they can do alola sequel (maybe in 2018), it's like black 2/white 2, but different, it's 2 year from the event of Sun/Moon, if they're doing something for Sinnoh, instead of a remake, maybe either a sequel or retcon version of Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, because of the negative review from Pokemon ORAS, I think that GF won't make that same mistake again in Sinnoh, so they decide to change it instead of remaking Diamond/Pearl, and for Kanto, probably Kanto sequel or reboot of Red/Blue (like the movie "I choose you"). If they're planning something big We can see either of those happening. Maybe the next game might have Modern (Sun/Moon) vs Tradition (20 years of pokemon game)
  • Alola Sequel (Like Black 2 and White 2, it take 2 years from the events of Sun/Moon with a new story)
  • Kanto Reboot (Retelling Story of Red/Blue, just like in the movie with a brand new story)
  • Sinnoh Sequel/Retcon (If it was a sequel to DPPt, It'll take place 10 years from the originals or if it's a retcon, it probably have the same element from Sun/Moon with New Characters and A New Story
This is just pure speculation.

Tbh, I don't know what is GF planning right now, this hype is getting really intense for the fans, and the suspense is killing me, I don't know what we'll get for pokemon.

Just so you know, the thread for Z discussions had 400 pages before a mod thread was made...
We should be glad Stars isn't that intense...

Tbh, I don't know what is GF planning right now, this hype is getting really intense for the fans, and the suspense is killing me, I don't know what we'll get for pokemon. They're planning something big for the main series, because they never wait till later May or announce it at the e3 and I don't think it's the spin-off game and no, I don't think it's a break year either. The fans re expecting something they want for next game like Some fans want Alola third game/sequel, most fans want sinnoh remake, and other fan wanted kanto sequel. I'm thinking that they're something for the fans, that we're not expecting. Is it possible that GF are going to change to concept of pokemon (For example, we've been getting Third game, and Remake), maybe they're doing something different for pokemon, like they did Sun/Moon? Remember they change the tradition of pokemon from Gyms to Trials and Defending your champion throne. What if the next game will have the same concept from Sun/Moon. I mean think about it, GF been doing the same concept for the last 20 years "Beat the gym leader, get a gym badge, face off against the evil team, and challenge the elite four and champion, story over, you beat the game". Maybe they're are doing something similar to what they did in Sun/Moon (okay we can gym in the post game). So if they're are doing something for alola, they can do alola sequel (maybe in 2018), it's like black 2/white 2, but different, it's 2 year from the event of Sun/Moon, if they're doing something for Sinnoh, instead of a remake, maybe either a sequel or retcon version of Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, because of the negative review from Pokemon ORAS, I think that GF won't make that same mistake again in Sinnoh, so they decide to change it instead of remaking Diamond/Pearl, and for Kanto, probably Kanto sequel or reboot of Red/Blue (like the movie "I choose you"). If they're planning something big We can see either of those happening. Maybe the next game might have Modern (Sun/Moon) vs Tradition (20 years of pokemon game)
  • Alola Sequel (Like Black 2 and White 2, it take 2 years from the events of Sun/Moon with a new story)
  • Kanto Reboot (Retelling Story of Red/Blue, just like in the movie with a brand new story)
  • Sinnoh Sequel/Retcon (If it was a sequel to DPPt, It'll take place 10 years from the originals or if it's a retcon, it probably have the same element from Sun/Moon with New Characters and A New Story
This is just pure speculation.

Maybe in the future, Gym Leaders and the Elite four will be story relevant characters, but actually battling them will be optional, as in the Pokemon league challenge is not a mandatory for the plot to progress. I feel that would be a comfortable compromise.

Just so you know, the thread for Z discussions had 400 pages before a mod thread was made...
We should be glad Stars isn't that intense...

Do you mean an actual Z thread, or the " Gen VI: the future" thread?

To be fair, Z was 100% speculation and reaching from fans (myself included).
I agree about Z being pure speculation. However, I recall that the whole Z thing started because people noticed that Kalos didn't have a lot going for it content-wise. Personally, I'd hate to have people say the same thing about Alola with GF cutting Gen 7 off here while likely giving Necrozma the same half-assed treatment they did with Zygarde.

I think they'll pull stunt on "Stars" just like they did "Z" and Grey". The Codename "Stars" might turn out to be something else.Maybe relates to Alola, Sinnoh or Kanto/Johto. IMO, I would prefer to play a different story than the same story from the previous game with better graphics

the same half-assed treatment they did with Zygarde.

I'd hardly characterize their treatment of Zygarde as "half-assed." Yes, it's stupid that they didn't bother to explain why it was in Alola when it would have only taken a few moments to do so (although speaking solely in terms of what Zygarde represents, it's a great fit for the region), but functionally, it's the most unique third version mascot there is, and I don't really see how they'd have been more-assing it taking the pitifully formulaic approach of a third version.

I'd hardly characterize their treatment of Zygarde as "half-assed." Yes, it's stupid that they didn't bother to explain why it was in Alola when it would have only taken a few moments to do so (although speaking solely in terms of what Zygarde represents, it's a great fit for the region), but functionally, it's the most unique third version mascot there is, and I don't really see how they'd have been more-assing it taking the pitifully formulaic approach of a third version.
Instead of doing third game or sequel to Kalos, they just passed Zygarde into Alola and had no backstory towards it, just like they Ash-Greninja (maybe because they fully explained in the anime). If they did the same thing on Necromza then that's going to be a problem to fans

because of the negative review from Pokemon ORAS, I think that GF won't make that same mistake again in Sinnoh
LMAO What negative reviews? The" 7.8 too much water" for which the entire fandom mocked IGN?

Just remember ORAS is the best selling remake. You are free to like it or dislike the game, but don´t talk about general negative reaction when the fandom (mostly) liked ORAS a lot.

Last edited:
I agree about Z being pure speculation. However, I recall that the whole Z thing started because people noticed that Kalos didn't have a lot going for it content-wise. Personally, I'd hate to have people say the same thing about Alola with GF cutting Gen 7 off here while likely giving Necrozma the same half-assed treatment they did with Zygarde.

Alola has a lot more content in it than Kalos. Alola actually has side activities like Festival Plaza and Poke Finder, Kalos has a few battle facilities and little else. I can live with Alola being cut off but Kalos deserved much much more.

I mean, they shoehorned it into a completely different region, didn't explain why it was there, left its connection to Xerneas and Yveltal unexplained, and gave it virtually no plot relevance whatsoever. That definitely qualifies as half-assed, the whole situation just reeks of "we needed to do something with Zygarde without giving it proper focus".

Really though, it's Kalos that's half-assed more so than Zygarde. Not having any kind of followup whatsoever left it a barren region with virtually nothing to do, a half-baked storyline with tons of question marks and plotholes, and in general a lot of room for improvement that ultimately never happened. Alola doesn't really have that problem, there's a few areas that do look like they could be explored and a few loose ends in the plot, but nothing compared to the amount of things Kalos left open ended. There's a whole laundry list of things in Kalos, ranging from the region design to the Pokemon forms to the storyline that felt like they were building up to something more and as is the region just feels cut short.

LMAO What negative reviews? The" 7.8 too much water" for which the entire fandom mocked IGN?

Just remember ORAS is the best selling remake. You are free to like it or dislike the game, but don´t talk about negative reaction when the fandom (mostly) liked ORAS a lot.
I mean that ORAS didn't turn out what expected when playing the entire game. If we want a Sinnoh Remake, I don't want it to turn out like ORAS

Instead of doing third game or sequel to Kalos, they just passed Zygarde into Alola and had no backstory towards it

I don't think a Z game would have had all that much more to say about Zygarde, overall (and almost certainly wouldn't have been able to make the Cell collection thing work, which is what makes Zygarde the most unique third mascot). I mean, neither XY nor SM truly say all that much about their mascots' personal histories. RSE didn't... DPP didn't either... I think a lot of fans are preferentially misremembering the older games when it comes to how much focus they spent on the Legendaries' "backstories." Usually it's one particular loredump and then a few brief, scattered texts elsewhere.

We still learn that it's a guardian of the environment. That was made clear in SM and would have been made clear in Z. The only major difference is that they avoided wasting extra time on converting the anime's XY&Z season into an unnecessary game. If all they were going to really say was, "it's the guardian of the environment," does such a statement really need an entire inane rehash of the Rayquaza/Giratina plotline in order to prove it? I don't think so.

Fans can complain about this all they like, but people are going to keep buying. I doubt that most players care that much about whether or not they were blessed with the opportunity to spend an extra $40 on a slightly better XY that takes eight hours just to say what SM managed to get across in a few sentences.

just like they Ash-Greninja (maybe because they fully explained in the anime).

Well of course. Ash-Greninja was invented by the anime.

Back
Top Bottom