Search results for query: *

1. NoirGrimoir

POPULAR: Simple Questions, Simple Answers

Not a fan of crossovers, personally, especially when the physics and tones of the two universes don't line up. 99% percent of them suck and contain no depth. They are basically an excuse to throw a bunch of characters together and write boring conversations where people from each universe ask...
  2. NoirGrimoir

I agree with Beth Pavell, a question mark implies not just a question but a tone. If the sentence is being spoken with rising inflection, like a question, add a question mark. If it's deadpan, then a question mark is more optional, just depending on how you want the reader to read it.
  3. NoirGrimoir

^Not really, I'm more familiar with Fire/Earth being male, and Wind/Water being female, so a female wind character makes perfect sense to me.
  4. NoirGrimoir

They aren't bad ideas, but they are a little redundant, considering Eusine did a similar thing with Suicune in Gold and Silver.
  5. NoirGrimoir

I've never done one either. Is there something particularly wrong about a monster/puzzle parade? I'm actually kind of confused why you would need an entire arc to go through a dungeon in the first place. I would expect something like that to take two or three chapters at most.
  6. NoirGrimoir

Oh, so its like that one song, "And the green grass grows all around, all around, and the green grass grows all around."
  7. NoirGrimoir

I find it weird that I was a girl scout and have never heard of it. Our troop like never went camping though, because it was run by a bunch of old ladies... Well, either one sounds good to me. I think "I've Got a Lovely Bunch of Coconuts," would be funny, too.
  8. NoirGrimoir

Well, I don't even know the second one...
  9. NoirGrimoir

Never too early, in my opinion. Actually, when it comes to love interests and villains, the earlier the better, I say!
  10. NoirGrimoir

While I think Yeuxverts isn't too awful and isn't too obvious either, it might be better to find a real french last name that is related to the trait. I know all or most of the characters in my fic have meaningful names since its such a common trend in the pokemon games, but pretty much all...
  11. NoirGrimoir

LT, maybe another character can do a "live from the fireside" story about Brock. What a twist~!
  12. NoirGrimoir

Well, my pokemon fic is meant to be a comedy. You can try reading it and see if makes the cut or not. I will say that scientifically-speaking, laughter is sort of a form of shock. It's a reaction to something that's perceived as a little 'bad' or 'absurd' or 'crazy' or 'surprising' but not so...
  13. NoirGrimoir

I say give her a sword. Since the guy having a weapon but the girl not seems pretty sexist.
  14. NoirGrimoir

Zubat line? (Echolocation, bats use screeches to see.) Vibrava/Flygon (Known for it's wings making a "singing" sound.) Lapras (also known for singing). Bronzong (it's a bell).
  15. NoirGrimoir

Cooking king; I think in this case rather than help in general writing questions, you may need a beta reader to help you go line by line with your story specifically. maybe you should post some of your work and see what people have to say about it?
  16. NoirGrimoir

Good to know, thanks guys. I think I'll just go with the generic Bzz! as suggested.
  17. NoirGrimoir

Maybe this is a weird question, but what sound should a Beedrill make? (Coincidentally, a beedrill appears in my next chapter as well, LT, though there's no attacking Beedrill storm, its being used in a battle.) I can't remember what sound it made in the anime and for some reason I can't imagine...
  18. NoirGrimoir

Getting washed down a river seems like a good situation to me. Ground pokemon probably don't know how to swim, and a Vaporeon, as a water type, would be ideal to save it. I think this has the advantage of not making the Sandshrew look weak, since its perfectly reasonable that a sandshrew...
  19. NoirGrimoir

LightningTopaz; Never too early, I had a flash back in my very first chapter in my own fic and people seemed to like it. Though I do think that we should have a firm grasp of what the character is like in the present before we do any kind of flash back. Flashbacks are more 'supplementary' or...
  20. NoirGrimoir

Hm, I say stick with one thing, even if it doesn't match where you initially got the idea from. Most people who read your fic aren't going to be able to identify the song without going and looking it up and most of those people won't even do that. I think it's better to make it work as a...
Back
Top Bottom