• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

4th Gen Trainer's Travelog

Re: Trainer's Travelog

I beat Chuck about an hour ago (he was easy as hell to beat) and I beat Jasmine (ON FIRST TRY!). Only reason why I beat Jasmine is because I used Gastly and placed a curse on her Steelix, and curse takes a lot of your HP per turn. I had to use a lot of revive and potion in the battle with jasmine though

My Zubat also evolved to a golbat after I beat Jasmine. w00t!
Yeehh

26/03/2010

I have just started my adventure with a shiny female Chikorita called Honey and a female Sentret called Meadow. I have delivered the egg and I am heading up to Violet Town after defeating Joey and that other kid. ^-^
Yes, congratulations on the Shiny Chikorita! Chikorita is probably one of the better colored Shiny Starter Pokemon I must say. Great nicknames too, I think Sentret are more of a 'Forrest' though.

Have fun with Joey. I know the people around here love him. ;)

So I was in the cliff cage trying to catch one of my favorite pokemon (misdrevous).

That fucker is so hard to catch =/
I threw like 12-15 pokeballs at her while she was asleep, in the yellow (nearly red) in HP and she still wouldn't stay in the ball. I didn't want to lower her HP any more because I was scared she was going to faint if she did, but after I ran out of pokeballs I had no choice but to defeat it >_<

I also finally obtained a leaf stone so I evolved my Weepinbell (although I'm sure I evolved it a little too early).

Party shake-up! No longer using/catching Oddish or Wooper, they've been replaced by Chikorita and Poliwag- that was my original party plan anyway.
Beat Falkner, now training up Chikorita and Mareep against the Magikarp in Violet City (traded Chikorita from Platinum).

Party Pokémon:

Chikorita (April) - Level 3
Quilava (Kade) - Level 17
Pidgey (Eirin) - Level 11
Gastly (Zane) - Level 9
Mareep (Ikimi) - Level 14
Egg - Almost hatched.

(Poliwag is in my PC, when the Egg hatches, the Togepi will go in the PC and Poliwag shall join my party :3)

So I was in the cliff cage trying to catch one of my favorite pokemon (misdrevous).

That fucker is so hard to catch =/
I threw like 12-15 pokeballs at her while she was asleep, in the yellow (nearly red) in HP and she still wouldn't stay in the ball. I didn't want to lower her HP any more because I was scared she was going to faint if she did, but after I ran out of pokeballs I had no choice but to defeat it >_<

I also finally obtained a leaf stone so I evolved my Weepinbell (although I'm sure I evolved it a little too early).

Actually, looking at the list and what moves you missed, I think you should be fine without them. You might want to consider teachign it some TM moves though.

Party shake-up! No longer using/catching Oddish or Wooper, they've been replaced by Chikorita and Poliwag- that was my original party plan anyway.
Beat Falkner, now training up Chikorita and Mareep against the Magikarp in Violet City (traded Chikorita from Platinum).

Party Pokémon:

Chikorita (April) - Level 3
Quilava (Kade) - Level 17
Pidgey (Eirin) - Level 11
Gastly (Zane) - Level 9
Mareep (Ikimi) - Level 14
Egg - Almost hatched.

(Poliwag is in my PC, when the Egg hatches, the Togepi will go in the PC and Poliwag shall join my party :3)

You gonna make that into a Poliwrath or Politoad?

Not sure yet. Probably Poliwrath. xD

Cool. I've never been to much of a fan of either. I thought Poliwag was cute, but then Poliwhirl and Poliwrath I foudn kinda boring. Politoad I think I lik a little more, but not much.

Couple interesting things though, in Celadon City in Kanto, there is a man with his Poliwrath who asks "I wonder if my Poliwrath will ever turn into a frog?" He's kind of one stage too late to make it into a frog really lol.

Also, when re-exploring some areas, I discovered that if you go back into Slowpoke Well after aquiring Surf and Strength, there is another area accessible that leads to a basement floor with a TM, and a man who will give you a King's Rock.

Cool. I've never been to much of a fan of either. I thought Poliwag was cute, but then Poliwhirl and Poliwrath I foudn kinda boring. Politoad I think I lik a little more, but not much.

Lol, I'm just thinking, there's nearly no fighting type Pokémon I really like that I can obtain easily/early on in this game aside from Poliwrath, so I might as well have him otherwise my team'll lack the fighting type. 0:

Oh I see. My team doesn't have a fighting type (though my Typhlosion has Focus Blast and Ampharos has Focus Punch)

I swear, getting Blue's phone number is worse than EV training. Can't take any mid-afternoon naps or -- UHOH! -- I missed getting a groom session. Aw nuts.

Some good news though. I went digging through my old Sapphire game and had a Pokemon or two with Pokerus. Sent those puppies over and spread 'em around for some easy EV's.

I swear, getting Blue's phone number is worse than EV training. Can't take any mid-afternoon naps or -- UHOH! -- I missed getting a groom session. Aw nuts.

Some good news though. I went digging through my old Sapphire game and had a Pokemon or two with Pokerus. Sent those puppies over and spread 'em around for some easy EV's.

um, change your clock?

Still at Violet City... although everyone now has PokéRus, and screw the Togepi Egg for a while, Poliwag is more important.

Also my Gastly is licking a Magikarp to death. I can't help but think I'm traumatizing the poor fish.

But Togepi has extrasensory...

I got my HeartGold yesterday. Chose Cyndaquil. Went to Violet City and beat the Sprout Tower, then had to stop due to college.

Got a Kangaskhan on my PokéWalker, put that onto the game. Trained for ages. Kangaskhan destroyed Falkner.

Got Mareep and Togepi eggs, then went through Union Cave. Reached Azalea, caught a Slowpoke and Hoppip. Now in the second gym.

Team:
Quilava lv.20
Kangaskhan lv.20
Slowpoke lv.6
Hoppip lv.6

But Togepi has extrasensory...

It's a good move, yeah, but I wanna train up the Pokémon I want to use in my main team first...

Also FFFFFFFFFF YES. My Bayleef just got a Shiny Leaf :'D

Also first battle with Proton is very underwhelming, so much for the "scariest guy in Team Rocket" or whatever... xD

Last edited:

caught my HG Kyogre in one try and it's a Modest nature

It's a good move, yeah, but I wanna train up the Pokémon I want to use in my main team first...

Also FFFFFFFFFF YES. My Bayleef just got a Shiny Leaf :'D

Also first battle with Proton is very underwhelming, so much for the "scariest guy in Team Rocket" or whatever... xD

Yeah... They could've done so much more with the executives, but i guess that would have changed the game too much or something... :-|

Caught a lvl 14 Marowak in Rock Tunnel. o_o

I think I'm going to add Marowak to my team. I put Furret in the PC upon arriving in Kanto, so now my team is:

Marowak lvl 14
Dodrio lvl 45
Typhlosion lvl 46
Vaporeon lvl 50
Raichu lvl 54

I haven't actually beaten any gyms yet. >_> I was working on Surge, but his Double Team annoyed me. I'm going to go back and defeat him, Raichu vs. Raichu. Mine knows dig. >:D

Yeah... They could've done so much more with the executives, but i guess that would have changed the game too much or something... :-|

It was only the first battle against Proton, so yeah... I might find their battles cooler later, but he was just... weak.

I think the executives are interesting characters. I do like them. Just the first battle with Proton is silly.

Cleared the Goldenrod Radio Tower and Team Rocket disbanded. It was nice to finally have a challenge, especially Archer's Houndoom got a couple of moves in this time. I kind of miss the Team Rocket theme music now that they are gone, maybe there will be some way to hear it later. I beat Clair and so far I would have to say that she is the most challenging out of all the Gym Leaders. Her Kingdra was the hardest one to take out, as it took out several of my Pokémon. In the end though I defeated her.

After a long battle with Clair and defeating her, here is my current team.
Lapras, level 47
Xatu, level 48
Heracross, level 46
Quilava, level 46
Nidoking, level 49
Pinsir, level 14 [HM Pokemon]

I came across Entei for the first time while roaming around Route 43 to go rechallenge a Pokemaniac. I have been getting quite a few calls from my Mom recently to tell me to pick up items. Once when I finally went to go pick up the items I received a Choice Scarf, Charti Berries, Coba Berries, and the Muscle Band.

Next off to Ecruteak City to defeat the five Kimono Girls!

Back
Top Bottom