• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anyone planning your team yet? What are your picks so far?

New reveals, new list!
  1. Rowlet
  2. Cutiefly
  3. Bruxish
  4. Mudsdale
  5. Wimpod???
  6. Rockruff???
Cutiefly is definitely getting a spot. I'm hoping it'll get a great evolution to back its spot up, but if it doesn't or gets a disappointing one then I'll likely still use it anyway. Bruxish seems like it'll be really fun to use so I'm also planning on getting that, and Mudsdale seems like it'll be a great balance to everything else on my team. Wimpod and Rockruff are maybes at the moment, it depends on their evolutions. They'll likely be getting replaced though unless their evolutions really end up impressing me.

edit: oh my gosh i forgot about salandit. ;-; It'll probably be getting a spot on my team too, but who knows over what. :\

Last edited:
Rowlet
Drampa
Mudsdale
Salandit
Bewear
Vikavolt
at least for now

Time to update my list too with the new reveals:
  • Litten
  • Pikipek
  • Rockruff
  • Bounsweet
  • Tapu Koko?
  • ????
Though all still very dependent on their evolutions (and wether Tapu Koko is an actual legendary or not). Wasn't very fond of Bounsweet at first because it just looked too much like Cherubi at first, but seeing it move ingame changed my mind. It's really cute and I do like having cute grass types on my team.

Popplio is still my starter of choice, but I'm less enthused of the idea of it evolving into a mermaid...

My team based on currently revealed Pokemon

Popplio
Salandit
Rockruff
Mudsdale
Probably one of the Eeveelutions
Undecided flying type

I'll probably use Bewear in place of Mudsdale for a short period if there is a ghost type gyp/elite four member

With the new reveals...

Rowlet/Popplio
Eeveelution
Rockruff/Togedemaru
Bewear?
Water-type (if Rowlet chosen)
Flying-type (if Popplio)

Too many choices! (that's a good thing)

I just found out about people hating Popplio, for whatever reason...so I'm picking him as my starter.

Nothing really finalized yet except the starter, but I do see a lot of potentials!! I generally don't like too many of the same type on my team and so far there's a lot of mons I really would like to use, but it will really depend on potential evolutions and if something else pops up later I may prefer~

Going through this thread though, I have to say, I'm amazed at how popular Cutiefly is! I mean I love the cute little thing but I would have never guessed so many others would actually want it on their teams!! X3

Last edited:
Actually just realised if Skrelp is available I'll be using it.

So: Rowlet, Wimpod, Skrelp so far probably.

Vikavolt might go over Wimpod if Wimpod doesn't evolve. We'll see anyway, four months to go yet and it might change. :)

I still haven't decided whether I'm gonna start with rowlet or litten, and the rest of the team is pretty much based off that.

Like, if I choose litten, I'll probably end up using Bounsweet. I don't really see it evolving into something more competent than Cherrim. And for some reason I like to use weak little cute Pokemon like that because it sort of makes the game more challenging for me.

Cutiefly also seems like a good team candidate, I'm hoping it evolves into a hummingbird moth which would be really cool.

Other than that, idk. If I go with litten I'll need a flier, and no matter which I choose I'll need a surfer. And I'm currently not super-drawn to any of the water types they've revealed.

Oh, Bewear is slowly growing on my and I don't know why. Might use it, might not.

I'd like to pick Rowlet first and Cutiefly is a must. It is my favorite at the moment. IF the starter leaks are true then I'll be picking Popplio instead. The others are still in the open but I really like Mudsdale.

Idk if anyone really cares to hear my opinion lol. I made my account literally today bc I saw this thread and reeeaaallly wanted to talk about the team i planned on using. Rowlet is an obvious choice and if wimpod keeps its water/bug typing then yes (grass and bug types RULE). Mimikyu is a maybe I will obviously use him at first but if he doesn't get an evo then I'll probably replace him. And salandit is so awesome he is a must!

I try to stay away from non-evolving Pokemon through initial playthroughs, since they're not quite as fun since they don't change through the journey---that means even though I think Mudsdale is pretty neat, I'll probably skip over him unless he possibly has a pre-evolution, or evolution which I doubt, and this goes for Bewear and Druxish as well who seems to be in the same boat. Though I have made exceptions, like in Diamond using Carnivine and Spiritomb, but that was partially due to how small a selection of brand new Sinnoh Pokemon there were and I'd use a solid amount of them already in Pearl previously.

I think I'll have a wide enough selection of Pokemon to use in Alola though, but I do need to see if they evolve before I commit them to my team unless they really, really, really catch my eye. Thankfully Vikavolt has delivered, and there's no way I can see Salandit NOT evolving so I've got my Electric and Fire member down probably, and of course Rowlet.

I find it hard to choose till I know what a Pokemon's stats are.

However I'll probably pick(based tentatively on design alone)

-Rowlet (grass/flying)
-Drampa (normal/dragon)
-Mudsdale (ground)
-Vikavolt (bug electric)

i'll probably just go through and very slowly build an initial team like always. i've been keeping my starter only for a while since no early pokemon are worth it. then after that, or sometime during, transfer a bunch of stuff and use those. as for starter, i was originally going to pick litten, but popplio is suddenly more appealing than when it was revealed.

So many good designs this gen, it's hard to pick which ones I want :/

-Mimikyu is adorable and his ability seems like a lot of fun to use
-Mudsdale really appeals to me both design and stat-wise
-Bruxish because of how ugly it is and its neat typing

I have decided to use all three starters for one of my games when I get them. A way of celebrating the 20th anniversary of pokemon. Not sure about my last three but probably have pokemon that are not Grass, Flying, Fire, Water and any secondary type the evolutions of Litten and Popplio might have.

Im gonna pick all the new fairy type pokemon released for my team! Different fairies for sun and different fairies for moon and i'm gonna use Comfey as the team cleric with triage on competitive battle <3

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom