• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Back to Basics! Endgame(28/6/2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Back to Basics! Day 1(16/6/2015)

Personally I think you're town, that's why I'm not voting for you, but I do think there is a chance you could be mafia that's why I'm not defending you.

You're not arguing your opinion purely out of the possibility that she could be mafia?

It's like you didn't read my full post. I agree with the lynch. I'm just thinking she's town, but if I defend her and she chimes up mafia I would look bad.

It's like you didn't read my full post. I agree with the lynch. I'm just thinking she's town, but if I defend her and she chimes up mafia I would look bad.
You agree with the lynch yet you think she's town?

also im officially going to bed now bye

Not wanting to defend someone out of the fear that you'll look bad (as opposed to participating truthfully so that we have more discussion) is so overly self-conscious and cautious that it's, like, textbook mafia behavior, though?

Not wanting to defend someone out of the fear that you'll look bad (as opposed to participating truthfully so that we have more discussion) is so overly self-conscious and cautious that it's, like, textbook mafia behavior, though?

Well that could be a reason. Another would be that I have no facts to back up my claim.

Quickly is a bit of an overstatement. I had made 3 or 4 posts about you before receiving your PM.

I'm actually fine with being lynched because it might help town.
This is scummy. This is almost the literal definition of scummy. Vote: The_Pikachu

edit: i'm gonna go watch netflix until 3 am, and if i'm not active that's why

Tyler explain why it is scummy? I actually feel like it's odd that you voted after jack voted Flop, like you want to ensure that Flop is not lynched. Then you post before 3 am?

VOTE: Flopjack

Quickly is a bit of an overstatement. I had made 3 or 4 posts about you before receiving your PM.

This is scummy. This is almost the literal definition of scummy. Vote: The_Pikachu

Tyler explain why it is scummy? I actually feel like it's odd that you voted after jack voted Flop, like you want to ensure that Flop is not lynched. Then you post before 3 am?

Uhhh what?

So you fish for a Doctor claim, then withdraw your claim on knowing the Doc, saying that TylerM is probably the Doc??

And now you're voting Flopjack for seemingly no apparent reason?

Your actions are making no sense to me right now, and it honestly seems really sketch. I'll be keeping my vote on you.

it's a last resort. it's too pro town- you're trying to get the attention off of yourself. that's also why you voted flop for no apparent reason. you're trying to play mind games, saying that your death may help town, which is why you're ok with it. I also posted before 3 am because I felt the need to. trust me, scandal was playing in the tab next to this thread.

also sorry I posted with no text earlier- my phone screwed up.

Um, I really do think you're mafia. Here's my thoughts.
When you said this in our QT:
"You need to just say you were scumbaiting."
You probably said that in fear that you would be lynched for CC'ing doctor and you wanted to make it undisputed that you were the only doctorclaim.
You seem too confident that I'm mafia, and I feel like you're calling me 100% scummy and such because you want others to vote me. Why? So that Flopjack won't be lynched. Responding on your phone after you said you were in bed makes me feel suspicious of your paranoid attitude. It makes even more sense that you wanted me to reveal the doctor so that we could lynch the doctor while it could be resolved without revealing the doctor.

So yeah, Flopjack and Tyler are probably scumbuddies.

It's either this or you're extremely paranoid which I don't really think is the case.
Uh also I forgot to unvote Zexy so,

UNVOTE: Zexy

EDIT:

I also find his reveal of doctor a little unsettling.

I see many pages. Get ready for the wall…
CrackFox said:
Vote; The_Pikachu

I don't like the way she is branding HD scummy. She seems to really want to get him lynched and she's played games with him enough to know that he's a good player, he's complex and yes he definitely can be deceitful, but not always for the wrong reasons. I think she's threatened by HD and wants him lynched. I don't see a good reason to want him lynched for any other reason. I know others have voted for HD as well but she seems to be overly keen in her convictions towards him.
In fact, she mostly branded me scummy. Don’t forget that she voted for me while only Tyler voted on Human. But I understand your point about her wanting to lynch the good players.
I don't see anything strange with Crackfox's post, it makes sense for her to be neutral on me because she'd be able to get a better read overtime by keeping an eye on me.
Neutrality on many people and a list of reads for every person around seems a little scummy. Only a little.
The_Pikachu said:
I feel like Zexy is trying to look like town, but isn't town. Personally, I feel like all Zexy has to do to convince you that he's town is throw up a bunch of wall posts with mediocre to bad suggestions. I feel like his suggestions though are with the intent to confuse and bewilder town.
I suggested like, one strategy, and as soon as I saw that people were not willing to go with it I stopped forcing it.
I mean honestly, I feel like he's throwing up names and reasons to lynch someone and seeing which ones works. Perhaps he'll throw up my name and if everyone votes for me, then he'll keep his vote on me.
I just stated two options because I am trying to find the most scummy players in my opinion, on DAY 1. What’s bad with it?

Now wouldnt be a wise time for the cop to come out if we were to believe Tyler.
OMG NO. We have the doctor out, we don't want the cop out too!
About Zexy, I think he does it regardless of his alignment, I remember him getting a lot of heat in Gundam Seed Mafia for it and he was Town. If not, for something similar.
Yeah, I really do that regardless of alignment.
If the cop checks me, he or she will have to out themselves as the cop, and why would we trust them? If Pikachu comes forward with that name and we lynch them, I can't guarantee it's scum, but I 100% can guarantee it is not the Doctor.
If you are Town, they will just PM you, they don't have to out themselves. There is no way for us to make sure you aren't lying, though, and we don't want to mislynch the doctor.
Okay to the cop, whoever you are don't contact anyone yet, Check Tyler, and if he comes out mafia then check pikachu. We haven't considered a double mafia lie.
If he comes out maf, shouldn’t they out themselves so that we can’t lynch Tyler? And as Human said: “If there's a double Mafia lie then there would be another Doctor claim pointing out how they could both be Mafia.” Triple counterclaim, they really have no reason to risk two of their members to do that.
Only if the doctor is active, or if he wants to reveal himself. (It would give us a great chance but then it would be 2 for 2, 2 mafia for our two power roles, and then we would have to rely on instincts which so far mafia has won easily). There is a huge loss but a huge gain, I as a mafia would do that, and almost did in my first game.
But there is always the chance that the doc protects the cop or themselves, a kill is blocked, and a third doc claim arises.
What is "it?" Outing my vanilla role?
In this game, claiming vanilla shouldn't really be considered outing at all.
Mel, I wasn't baiting for a doctor claim, I was baiting to die on N1 instead of a PR
But you said you were scumbaiting, and just saying that you are vanilla, that you have a doc claim (who can protect you), and the whole event which made us suspicious of you just doesn't make you a good nightkill target at all. It makes you look scummy.
I'm a little suspicious of TylerM's doctor claim. From my understanding, it would be a major benefit for the doctor to lay low, to do his work from the shadows. If the mafia took the doctor out, it'd give them an advantage (doctor can't protect someone if he's been killed), so drawing attention to himself as the doctor seems like a silly idea to me.

Vote: TylerM
Silly or not, you imply that he might be the doc, so why vote for him? Even if the doc doesn't play the way we would like him to, we can't lynch him!
I don't really get it why, but eh. Mafia should try not to get lynched, do you think she is trying to save herself through bluffing?

Wait... did you unvote for me? Did you explain why you unvoted me? Am I completely fine just because you decided to change the vote?
QT?! What QT is it?
You seem too confident that I'm mafia, and I feel like you're calling me 100% scummy and such because you want others to vote me. Why? So that Flopjack won't be lynched.
Why should Flopjack be lynched? I believe that you voted her a bit too prematurely.
Responding on your phone after you said you were in bed makes me feel suspicious of your paranoid attitude.
He explained that he was in for one last post. Is that suspicious enough?
So… I know I’m late to this, but I was not around because of timezones, missing many pages, and having to make a wall in the morning. I know I am bandwagoning. I know it’s Oh My God You Sucked. Yet:
VOTE: The_Pikachu
This lynch can give us lots of valuable info, and since Pikachu is not the doc, I think we can afford this one. I really find her “plan” sketchy as well. If she turns out mafia, Tyler should be (almost) in the clear. If she is the Doctor but decided to claim vanilla … it’s a VERY VERY bad play, can’t be helped. Best D1 option, hands down.

I'm a little suspicious of TylerM's doctor claim. From my understanding, it would be a major benefit for the doctor to lay low, to do his work from the shadows. If the mafia took the doctor out, it'd give them an advantage (doctor can't protect someone if he's been killed), so drawing attention to himself as the doctor seems like a silly idea to me.

Silly or not, you imply that he might be the doc, so why vote for him? Even if the doc doesn't play the way we would like him to, we can't lynch him!

I don't think you read my post, which makes me a very sad Pooch. I'm saying that I believe TylerM is mafia and claimed to be the doctor so that we wouldn't suspect him. There are 11 townies... 2 power roles. The Mafia knows whos on their side, but not which of the townies holds the power roles. I would venture a guess that the doctor and cop are very valuable targets, which means that revealing themselves this early in the game is very dangerous, as it means the mafia would target them. On the other hand, the town needs the doctor and cop, so the town wouldn't target them on purpose, which means that the mafia pretending to be one of those two roles makes them safe from the town's attack, if the town believes them.

Is there a flaw in my logic?

HeroicPooch said:
I don't think you read my post, which makes me a very sad Pooch. I'm saying that I believe TylerM is mafia and claimed to be the doctor so that we wouldn't suspect him. There are 11 townies... 2 power roles. The Mafia knows whos on their side, but not which of the townies holds the power roles. I would venture a guess that the doctor and cop are very valuable targets, which means that revealing themselves this early in the game is very dangerous, as it means the mafia would target them. On the other hand, the town needs the doctor and cop, so the town wouldn't target them on purpose, which means that the mafia pretending to be one of those two roles makes them safe from the town's attack, if the town believes them.

I don't think the doc would let a mafioso mess with us. They would like to lie low, indeed, yet it would be extremely risky not to CC Tyler just because the real doc would know that he is mafia and could easily fish out the cop claim.

What do you think of the pikachu lynch?
I approve. Will elaborate.
Why did you suddenly disappear? (This could be simple sleeping or life stuff)
I had tea. I was going to come back after, but I got distracted by QI and before I knew it it was half 11.
What are your reads so far?
I think TylerM and Zexy are town. I have a neutral-leaning-town read on you, Froakie, gafigglethorp, HD and CF. I think Pikachu is scum. Others haven't really posted enough for me to know what to think.

Pikachu is changing her stance too much. First she's scumbaiting for the claim, then she thinks the claim is town, then she says she's scumbaiting for the kill, then she says Tyler voted her to protect me, despite the fact that at the time I had all of 2 votes - a joke vote and a question vote. I wasn't in danger, and so my hypothetical scumbuddies wouldn't need to vote on the already larger wagon to defend me. It seems to me like she only voted me in the hope that a couple of others could join in and save her.

So there seem to be votes on Flopjack for no reason. TylerM for some reason initially trusted The_Pikachu to not be Mafia despite lying for no good reason, all to bait a Doctor claim for the chance that a scum one would claim first, even though I've practically written a thesis in this game as to why early claim outings are terrible and should not be encouraged, and The_Pikachu then shows that she had no plan of what to say in case a counterclaim did end up happening with having the Doctor counterclaim tell her, with the counterclaim being what she wanted to achieve, since she says herself she even made it in the first place to get scum to likely claim first, but then just trusts TylerM even though from her plan and her logic only scum would probably counterclaim first if they were to ever counterclaim her imaginary Doctor claimer.

So how is The_Pikachu possibly Town? She's not, and even though I know it looks pointless to say this because the majority of the votes are already on her anyway, I wanted to make a vent post as to how bad and nonsensical the play is from a Town member's perspective to give me ease throughout the remaining hours of this phase that it's impossible that a Town member would do this, unless they wanted a Day 1 deathwish.

HeroicPooch brings up a fair point. It's also why early outings are terrible because it brings in difficulty to just easily trust it. EDIT: Although when if The_Pikachu flips Mafia, it should be much easier to trust Tyler since I still doubt two Mafia would lie so much to get a Doctor killed when that would mean 1 power role dead for the sake of half of their team, especially in the beginning of the game.

Since I'd like to try do more in this phase, I'm going to UNVOTE: The_Pikachu(please, for the love of all that is holy, all that is good, all that is a pure cinnamon, too good, too pure for this world don't tell me i'm being inconsistent and contradicting myself) and VOTE: Sword Master to show how serious I am of thinking of potentially lynching him Day 2 if I manage to live past N1. Like I said earlier but I don't think anyone gave any opinion on when I asked about it(Zexy might have probably said something), which I might have missed in the whole counterclaim confusion, he only voted, and then unvoted when called out on it, and when I ask him for any plans he's got to give me something to chew on, he says he just doesn't have any and will just follow any ones he finds good, without saying anything else, or even explaining what this "good" is, which is incredibly vague and unhelpful as not everyone has the same view on what is good or not, and that just gives him the leeway of never having to be called out on not doing anything when he's not following a "good plan".

Last edited:

"You need to just say you were scumbaiting."
You probably said that in fear that you would be lynched for CC'ing doctor and you wanted to make it undisputed that you were the only doctorclaim.
You seem too confident that I'm mafia, and I feel like you're calling me 100% scummy and such because you want others to vote me. Why? So that Flopjack won't be lynched. Responding on your phone after you said you were in bed makes me feel suspicious of your paranoid attitude. It makes even more sense that you wanted me to reveal the doctor so that we could lynch the doctor while it could be resolved without revealing the doctor.

So yeah, Flopjack and Tyler are probably scumbuddies.

It's either this or you're extremely paranoid which I don't really think is the case.
Uh also I forgot to unvote Zexy so,

UNVOTE: Zexy

EDIT:

I also find his reveal of doctor a little unsettling.
Ok. You have admitted you thought I was the Doctor in your PM, yet here you find my reveal of Doctor "unsettling?". I'll quote the entire PM, including the link to the QuickTopic, as it contains no useful information.
The_Pikachu said:
Scumbait is a term referring to baiting the scum into killing you. I believe you're the doctor, but the reason why I claimed that I knew the doctor is that I want to get Night Killed instead of a PR such as you getting NK'ed.

Things you should do.

1. Protect yourself tonight since mafia will probably target you

2. Not tell anyone about this since we're trying to trick mafia

3. Find a way to settle this without either of us getting lynched.

I made a QT where we can converse.
Doctor's Vanilla - QuickTopic free message board hosting

Maybe we can pretend that I told you to claim doctor so that I wouldn't get Night Killed but I changed the plan last second so that people will think I am the actual doctor and you were just pretending to be the doctor because I told you to and you misunderstood what I was saying.
What's that that's bold, underlined, italicized and in size 7 font? It's you, telling me you believed I was the Doctor. It's kind of strange how you deleted messages 1 and 2? Good thing the first one is the PM. Also, Flopjack is irrelevant right now. You're trying to get the attention off of yourself once again.

edit: also, if you have doubts, here is a screenshot of the PM:
scumbait pm.jpg

Yes. There's a flaw in your logic. Mafia claiming Doctor is risky, and is something that would not get them anywhere. They'd lose a member and have a 50/50 chance of killing the Doctor. Those are not good odds, and if you can't see that, I have no idea what to tell you.

Last edited:

Since I'd like to try do more in this phase, I'm going to UNVOTE: The_Pikachu(please, for the love of all that is holy, all that is good, all that is a pure cinnamon, too good, too pure for this world don't tell me i'm being inconsistent and contradicting myself) and VOTE: Sword Master to show how serious I am of thinking of potentially lynching him Day 2 if I manage to live past N1. Like I said earlier but I don't think anyone gave any opinion on when I asked about it(Zexy might have probably said something), which I might have missed in the whole counterclaim confusion, he only voted, and then unvoted when called out on it, and when I ask him for any plans he's got to give me something to chew on, he says he just doesn't have any and will just follow any ones he finds good, without saying anything else, or even explaining what this "good" is, which is incredibly vague and unhelpful as not everyone has the same view on what is good or not, and that just gives him the leeway of never having to be called out on not doing anything when he's not following a "good plan".
LOL and people will still jump on your wording, remember it. Telling Sword Master that, if he is mafia, is not a good idea, you won't survive N1 this way. As for my opinion on other people, I really want to see if Pikachu flips mafia and form reads later.

Yes. There's a flaw in your logic. Mafia claiming Doctor is risky, and is something that would not get them anywhere. They'd lose a member and have a 50/50 chance of killing the Doctor. Those are not good odds, and if you can't see that, I have no idea what to tell you.

The mafia knows who their team members are.

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f362/playing-hosting-guides-121929/
They are the agents of the seedy underworld. They’re a small group of players who know their teammates' identities and roles and must eliminate Townspeople from the game to win. Their main weakness is their limited numbers; their greatest strengths are having a team they can coordinate actions with and being able to kill at night.
Obviously they know if one of their own is pretending to be the power role.

Which is why the doctor coming out so early is, in my opinion, counter intuitive. (I hope thats spelled right) That's why i don't believe your claim.

If you really are the doctor, then by coming out, you've increased your chance of being NK'd to 99%.

LOL and people will still jump on your wording, remember it. Telling Sword Master that, if he is mafia, is not a good idea, you won't survive N1 this way. As for my opinion on other people, I really want to see if Pikachu flips mafia and form reads later.

I've become too doubtful of even living past Night 1 when I join games with my name being dropped in the Mafia QT of being one of the first players to kill so I feel like saying whatever I want, anything to even bait the Mafia to Nightkill me, and a vanilla Town NK is still better with a Cop still around. You can call it egoistic, but I don't see how it is when I sub in a game and the Mafia literally (as in, literally, literally) says "I think we need to NK HumanDawn ASAP." when like, maybe I've said one thing.

Yeah, they should know, but I think Tyler's point was like how he thinks the Mafia wouldn't give up one of their own to have a 50/50 chance. I disagree though since I think it's worth the chance and the confusion.

Which is why the doctor coming out so early is, in my opinion, counter intuitive. (I hope thats spelled right) That's why i don't believe your claim.

If you really are the doctor, then by coming out, you've increased your chance of being NK'd to 99%.

I can understand and forgive Tyler since he's apparently new, it was too quick but I think it makes sense for him to do it. Soulmaster said the Doctor can protect themselves, although this makes it really difficult to protect anyone else.

Last edited:

@HeroicPooch; He did it to root out a mafioso. Pikachu's plan messed it up though. He can also protect himself. He can even get an alliance with the cop later on, if he gets trusted. It wasn't the best thing to do, but now it happened, and since the Pikachu case will be resolved soon, it might not be as bad as we think...

The mafia knows who their team members are.

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f362/playing-hosting-guides-121929/
They are the agents of the seedy underworld. They’re a small group of players who know their teammates' identities and roles and must eliminate Townspeople from the game to win. Their main weakness is their limited numbers; their greatest strengths are having a team they can coordinate actions with and being able to kill at night.
Obviously they know if one of their own is pretending to be the power role.

They'd lose a member because that member would get lynched one way or another.

@TylerM; Can you please cut down the quote pyramids? We don't really need them around, please have it in mind from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom