• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bugs and Glitches in X and Y

Re: Possible Encore/Surf Glitch?

What probably happened here is that Lapras had to use Ice beam from the first Encore. But the second Encore made it have to use Surf.So it made it like Lapras can only use Ice Beam, and Lapras can only use Surf. It doesn't work, so Lapras used Struggle. However, in earlier games, I think if one Encore was in use, the second time it would fail.

Oh, I didn't notice there was already a thread for glitches/bugs. And I had looked for one too. Odd...

And no, what you guys are saying is incorrect, because I was battling a different Swalot when I used Surf than when I used Ice Beam. This didn't all happen in the same battle. I stated this. :/

Very odd indeed...I wonder what might cause this. Also regarding the getting stuck in lumiose npc's glitch, i think it could be related to the save bug.

Then unless otherwise noted you can completely ignore the first battle and focus on the second.

I mentioned the first battle to inform people that it only happened with Surf, yet it was under the same conditions as Ice Beam.

^Nintendo's working on it. I think that the patch might fix the "getting stuck in npc" glitch, as they are likely related.

A couple days ago, I swear Sucker Punch went after another move. More likely a brain fart, but I remember thinking "wha?"

A couple days ago, I swear Sucker Punch went after another move. More likely a brain fart, but I remember thinking "wha?"

What was the other move? I'm not sure if anything can beat Sucker Punch's priority bracket, but it might have happened.

Yeah, Sucker Punch only has +1 priority. Moves like Extremespeed and Feint can go first.

So Poison Pokemon have perfectly accurate Toxic now.
But I wonder, is that supposed to apply to Pokemon using Fly? Because it works on Pokemon using Fly.

Yup, brain fart it is. Why did I think it was +4 for some reason? Who knows.

So Poison Pokemon have perfectly accurate Toxic now.
I know an NPC said that, so unless they're saying that Poison-typed Pokemon get perfect accuracy when other types do not, the TM and move itself are still labelled at 90% accuracy (rather than the "---" associated with never-miss moves like Foresight or Yawn).

Last edited:
I wonder if all these glitches being reported are normal for pokemon releases? Since Japan usually gets it first maybe this is what they have to deal with typically. And since we don't get the games for around six months later, we get the fixed versions with all the glitches taken care of.

toxic hits everything now bar steel types

joy

Hi has anyone else had a problem with Torchic? I got it through mystery gift and put it in box 1 now there's just a blank space where it was. Like it's not there, it won't let me withdraw it but other pokemon don't use the space up. So it's sort of like it's there.

not sure if it was something I was doing or what, but I was just getting a pair Aerodactyl from the Fossil restore and decided to go on Pokemon Amie, I got it up to three hearts went to one other (Delphox) and brought that to three hearts, then I returned to the one I initially switched off of (Pidgeot) I couldn't seem to get the pokemon's attention at all, the touch screen registerred my attempts to and the music was playing fine, but it was almost as if the game began hanging.

I remembered a workaround for that Luminose City glitch that was posted elsewhere regarding taking out the SD card and putting it back in, but i forgot to close the 3DS and got booted to the Home Menu... and I didn't save beforehand... oh well.

besides getting stuck in places and moves working strangely, anyone encounter similar hung-up moments?

not sure if it was something I was doing or what, but I was just getting a pair Aerodactyl from the Fossil restore and decided to go on Pokemon Amie, I got it up to three hearts went to one other (Delphox) and brought that to three hearts, then I returned to the one I initially switched off of (Pidgeot) I couldn't seem to get the pokemon's attention at all, the touch screen registerred my attempts to and the music was playing fine, but it was almost as if the game began hanging.

Did it have its back to you? That's one of the interactions you can get. You have to poke at it for a while to get its attention. I'm not exactly sure what you need to do for it to register, though- maybe pat it on the shoulder?

Okay, @s2daam; to get the pokeradar to work, you must use the d-pad. Thanks to whoever it was that posted the solution.

Did it have its back to you? That's one of the interactions you can get. You have to poke at it for a while to get its attention. I'm not exactly sure what you need to do for it to register, though- maybe pat it on the shoulder?
yeah, it did, and I did try. I was petting the bird for a few straight seconds, and last I recall it only takes maybe less than that of petting or otherwise to get its attention... pressed every other button (including the home button, but returning didn't do anything) as well to maybe exit out of Pokemon Amie (to save the game), but it wouldn't let me until I got Pidgeot's attention.

EDIT: alright, just figured the problem out. it seems that when a Pokemon has its back to you, you have to poke it (by tapping the touch screen) to get its attention...

Last edited:
The Lumiose City gym is glitching out for me. When I go to the gym, Bonnie tells me I need to do a quiz so I step on the thing she tells you to and the Pikachu silhoette appears, I press the A button and the game freezes. It happened several times. I then cannot make anything work, even the Home button. I did not save anywhere in the city. I dont know what the problem is, but I dont know how or it I can complete the gym.

Back
Top Bottom