• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bugs and Glitches in X and Y

^Added now. Also it was Round, not Echoed Voice, with the wrong type. Also I found yesterday a battle chateau trainer that had a Flabebe with a Floette's cry.

^Added now. Also it was Round, not Echoed Voice, with the wrong type. Also I found yesterday a battle chateau trainer that had a Flabebe with a Floette's cry.

I noticed that too. I didn't realize it was Floette's cry until I had one on my team.

My rival is not in the park above Kiloude City postgame... I have watched some playthroughs and there doesn't seem to be a triggering event. Is this a bug or am I missing something? Thanks in advance.. super worried this is a bug...

Solved my problem.. You have to complete at least one battle in the Battle Mansion.. Hope this helps someone

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been battling trainers at the Battle Masion, and I've come across a very strange AI bug/glitch two or three times now. For whatever reason, during a double or triple battle, if any of the AI controlled Pokemon can use Will-O-Wisp, rather than using on my Pokemon, it will use the move on one of his other Pokemon! Perhaps it was supposed to be a way for the AI to take advantage of Guts, (or any other ability that would benefit from a abnormal status) but the problem is, none of the times I've seen this happen has the burnt Pokemon had Guts as its ability.

I've been battling trainers at the Battle Masion, and I've come across a very strange AI bug/glitch two or three times now. For whatever reason, during a double or triple battle, if any of the AI controlled Pokemon can use Will-O-Wisp, rather than using on my Pokemon, it will use the move on one of his other Pokemon! Perhaps it was supposed to be a way for the AI to take advantage of Guts, (or any other ability that would benefit from a abnormal status) but the problem is, none of the times I've seen this happen has the burnt Pokemon had Guts as its ability.
Well that is very odd. Never seen a thing like that before.

Did the Pokemon perhaps have Facade as one of it's moves? if not, I have nothing...

i know i shouldent but ...

Lumiose save bug = Mega Missingno. :D

ye remember that comment i made on page 1?

well shit got got real

missingno. X Y

Edit: this should be a real Pokemon by now i could imagine the pokedex entry.

Missingno. = a man made Pokemon caused by a glitch within a Porygon's software It scrambles pokedex entries as well as saved data on video games and computers.

dark electric typing
download ability
moves: Nasty Plot, mimic, sky attack, Copycat when you encounter it.

Last edited:
There was something really weird happening in the German copy of Pokémon X I bought just today:
After searching for quite a while, I caught a Pikachu in Santalune Forest. Then I encountered two more, then a Scatterbug, and then eight more Pikachu in the forrest, and two more on Route 3. I caught them all, in hope one or two may be holding a Light Ball (none of them had one though), and saved after every catch. All the while, I had my own Pikachu as my lead Pokémon.
At first, I thought I just got incredibly lucky, but it turned out that the opposite was the case: I couldn't find ANY OTHER Pokémon but Pikachu in Santalune Forest and on Route 3 anymore!
Fortunately, this ended after I went to Route 22 and encountered a Littleo there. I went back to Route 3 afterwards, and the first Pokémon I encountered there was a Fletchling. I tried in Santalune Forest next, and found a Weedle. Everything seems back to normal.

Update: The glitch occurs whenever I battled a wild Pikachu with my own and ended the battle by catching it. It ends if my Pikachu knocks out a wild Pikachu instead of me catching it. It also ends after I manage to battle something that isn't a Pikachu, which means in trainer battles or wild battles in areas where there are no wild Pikachu.
It is "deactivated" when I set a different lead Pokémon. If I make Pikachu my lead again before I battled a non-Pikachu with it though, the wild Pikachu start comming again.
It seems almost like when two Pikachu fight, the winner becomes "magnetic".

Has anyone here heard about this glitch, and maybe knows more about it? :confused:

Last edited:
Pshaw, I saw Missingno. in my boal of oatmeal this morning.

There's a wooden Missingno. by my desk that keeps the legs even :p

on-topic, I reported this bug in another thread but;
In one person's Bug-type Friend Safari, the third Pokemon (Vivillon) never appears in the preview images - it's always the Poke Ball image. I've caught the thing twice now.

In one person's Bug-type Friend Safari, the third Pokemon (Vivillon) never appears in the preview images - it's always the Poke Ball image. I've caught the thing twice now.

This might have something to do with the wing patterns. Which ones did the two Vivillon have?

There was something really weird happening in the German copy of Pokémon X I bought just today:
After searching for quite a while, I caught a Pikachu in Santalune Forest. Then I encountered two more, then a Scatterbug, and then eight more Pikachu in the forrest, and two more on Route 3. I caught them all, in hope one or two may be holding a Light Ball (none of them had one though), and saved after every catch. All the while, I had my own Pikachu as my lead Pokémon.
At first, I thought I just got incredibly lucky, but it turned out that the opposite was the case: I couldn't find ANY OTHER Pokémon but Pikachu in Santalune Forest and on Route 3 anymore!
Fortunately, this ended after I went to Route 22 and encountered a Littleo there. I went back to Route 3 afterwards, and the first Pokémon I encountered there was a Fletchling. I tried in Santalune Forest next, and found a Weedle. Everything seems back to normal.

Update: The glitch occurs whenever I battled a wild Pikachu with my own and ended the battle by catching it. It ends if my Pikachu knocks out a wild Pikachu instead of me catching it. It also ends after I manage to battle something that isn't a Pikachu, which means in trainer battles or wild battles in areas where there are no wild Pikachu.
It is "deactivated" when I set a different lead Pokémon. If I make Pikachu my lead again before I battled a non-Pikachu with it though, the wild Pikachu start comming again.
It seems almost like when two Pikachu fight, the winner becomes "magnetic".

Has anyone here heard about this glitch, and maybe knows more about it? :confused:

Pikachu's ability, Static, draws out electric-type Pokemon in wild encounters. You just seem to be having some extreme luck with that, is all.

Pshaw, I saw Missingno. in my boal of oatmeal this morning.

There's a wooden Missingno. by my desk that keeps the legs even :p

on-topic, I reported this bug in another thread but;
I have the same problem you are having. I wonder why it happens.

This might have something to do with the wing patterns. Which ones did the two Vivillon have?

The Vivillon generated in a Friend Safari is Garden, I believe that may be because it generates the pattern in MY game rather than THEIRS.

Pikachu's ability, Static, draws out electric-type Pokemon in wild encounters. You just seem to be having some extreme luck with that, is all.

Never heard about Static doing that before. But I'm glad if it's not a glitch.
I still wonder why it goes on and off depending if I catch or KO wild Pikachu though.

Someone just traded me a Gengar (which I think they wanted back) and when I went to my PC it wasn't there. I've filtered the PC down to search for Gengar and nothing. It's not there at all. They had the Pokemon I traded them (a Yamask) though, and nothing happened during the trade like a connection failure of anything. The Gengar has just gone. I feel really bad. And the trainer was called Tihomir and I'm 100% certain it's someone on the forum. So if you know who they are can you please let me know so I can apologise for what is a ridiculous glitch. :/

So for some reason items on my O-Power list have been randomly duplicating themselves. Quitting the menu and reopening it seems to fix it (I haven't tried to select any of the duplicated powers or anything). Has anyone here seen anything like this, or am I the sole victim of this?

Back
Top Bottom