• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bugs and Glitches in X and Y

BigBadBatter

VOLCANO BAKEMEAT
Reaction score
I've noticed a lot of different bugs in X and Y, and I figured I'd like to share and discuss them.

So far we have:
-Lumiose save bug (thankfully being fixed as we speak)

-A person on the PokEdit boards claims a younger sibling never received his fossil from Glitter Cave (American Copy probably)

-My younger brother experienced a bug in which either a status move or a ghost-type move wouldn't affect his inkay (can't remember which one) (Australian Copy)

-Freezing on Route 5 (US) (Possibly damaged copy)

-A Flabebe with a Floette's cry (Aus)

-Getting stuck in static Lumiose NPC's (Fixed by pausing and un-pausing)

-Pokemon using struggle when locked into surf by encore

-Dissapearing torchic

-Round is described as a Normal-type move when it is actually Fairy-type. (International)

-Freezing in Lumiose Gym.

I'll add to this list if you tell me about it, hopefully we can get these fixed.

Last edited:
The PokéRadar thing is happening to me. It doesn't work no matter what I'm in (grass, flowers etc.) but I'm not that fussed.

Not sure if it's the same as the Lumiose one, but in Lumiose City, I was next to a guy with glasses in one of the Avenue's, and once I saved, I couldn't move anywhere, until I selected the bike.

The PokéRadar thing is happening to me. It doesn't work no matter what I'm in (grass, flowers etc.) but I'm not that fussed.

Not sure if it's the same as the Lumiose one, but in Lumiose City, I was next to a guy with glasses in one of the Avenue's, and once I saved, I couldn't move anywhere, until I selected the bike.
Good to see I'm not the only one DX. Such a shame we can't chain.

I got stuck on one of the NPCs in Lumiose. The static ones that are pretty much just decoration. Pausing and leaving seemed to fix it, but still annoying anyways.

I got stuck on one of the NPCs in Lumiose. The static ones that are pretty much just decoration. Pausing and leaving seemed to fix it, but still annoying anyways.
Added. Thanks.

I've got HUGE bugs with my US version of X. They may or may not be contained to one location- Route 5. I get frequent freezing during battles with wild pokemon on Route 5, freezing that can only be corrected by resetting (I get no error message, and pressing the home button does absolutely nothing, neither does turning off the 3D or resetting the wifi). Sometimes it freezes right after the leaves fly up in the top screen at the start of the battle, the battle screen never showing up and both screens remaining black. Other times it will freeze while switching pokemon or choosing an attack. The music keeps playing although both screens are conpletely frozen and again, it seems the only way to move forward is to reset.

I called Nintendo and posted on the 3DS tech support forums, there's no real info on this bug. anybody else experience this? If it's only in Route 5 then I guess I can live with it, but if it continues past Route 5 then I will have to start a new game, as it would be essentially unplayable. And if that doesn't get rid of it, I guess I'll go for a refund. Again, US version of X, physical copy.

I believe Calem/ Serena should be at the very top of Kiloude City, by the benches. Then after you beat them they'll tell you to go the sundial in Anistar City where Sycamore will upgrade your mega ring.

I believe Calem/ Serena should be at the very top of Kiloude City, by the benches. Then after you beat them they'll tell you to go the sundial in Anistar City where Sycamore will upgrade your mega ring.
Thanks. I'll check.
@Sciduck; Added, thanks for telling me

From what I've heard the Poke Radar only works when walking, not skating. So you need to use the D-pad to move. Makes sense, since this forces you to be on a grid.

I've got HUGE bugs with my US version of X. They may or may not be contained to one location- Route 5. I get frequent freezing during battles with wild pokemon on Route 5, freezing that can only be corrected by resetting (I get no error message, and pressing the home button does absolutely nothing, neither does turning off the 3D or resetting the wifi). Sometimes it freezes right after the leaves fly up in the top screen at the start of the battle, the battle screen never showing up and both screens remaining black. Other times it will freeze while switching pokemon or choosing an attack. The music keeps playing although both screens are conpletely frozen and again, it seems the only way to move forward is to reset.

I called Nintendo and posted on the 3DS tech support forums, there's no real info on this bug. anybody else experience this? If it's only in Route 5 then I guess I can live with it, but if it continues past Route 5 then I will have to start a new game, as it would be essentially unplayable. And if that doesn't get rid of it, I guess I'll go for a refund. Again, US version of X, physical copy.

To me, this actually sounds more like a damaged copy rather than a simple bug. If it keeps happening, maybe you can get it replaced?

From what I've heard the Poke Radar only works when walking, not skating. So you need to use the D-pad to move. Makes sense, since this forces you to be on a grid.
You can move diagonally with the D-Pad by holding 2 buttons at once.

-Echoed Voice is described as a Normal-type move when it is actually Fairy-type. (International)

Whoawhoawhoawhoa.

You're telling me that it's actually fairy and it doesn't work with Amaura's refrigerate ability? How did I not notice...

You can move diagonally with the D-Pad by holding 2 buttons at once.
Yep, but you're still moving between squares on a grid. Just tap the d-pad and you move fully into the next grid square, do the same with the rollerblades and you can inch along and stop whenever.

Yep, but you're still moving between squares on a grid. Just tap the d-pad and you move fully into the next grid square, do the same with the rollerblades and you can inch along and stop whenever.
I know, but I thought that Dex was implying that grid movement didn't apply to moving diagonally. Sorry.

Ah right. Well I think he just meant that the Pokeradar works based on you being in a specific grid square, which is probably true (though it's not like they couldn't also have programmed it to work with analogue movement like every radar in every other game. Just being lazy, I guess). Man, they keep giving us reasons not to use the rollerblades; I already feel bad when I see my Braixen rolling around out of control in the Pokemon-Amie screen whenever I skate.

I find it so strange that i always get the "Mom's words echoed..." message rather than saying i haven't done enough steps. I swear I've tried to use the d-pad but i'll try again I suppose.

Possible Encore/Surf Glitch?

Okay, so in the power plant, my Lapras battled a Team Flare Grunt's Swalot. The Swalot used Encore right after my Lapras used Ice Beam. So my Lapras had to use Ice Beam to finish it off and it did. But then it battled another grunt's Swalot. This Swalot used Encore right after my Lapras used Surf. But my Lapras didn't use Surf next, it used Struggle. The problem is, Surf still had PP left, just like Ice Beam did.

I think I discovered a glitch here, guys, so I advise you all to be careful when using Surf against opponents that know/can know Encore. What do you think?

Re: Possible Encore/Surf Glitch?

I would hesitate to call this a bug without more research into the matter. For example, one of my Pokemon was forced to Struggle in a match against Team Flare grunts, but that was due to a combination of Encore and Torment.

Besides, if the first Encore is in effect then the second one fails.

Back
Top Bottom