• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbacast Season 2 Question of the Week

You want short answer? Here you go!

1. Pachirisu... I mean, Spiritomb because of no weakness.

2. None. I would put up translation note like fansub (aka I'm too lazy to think of one). XP

"Game question: Which Pokemon in the 4th gen is likely to have the biggest impact on the metagame, and why?"

I'll go with the majority of the forum and say Spiritomb. ^^

Anime Question: Like Ash did in one of the first pokemon episodes (when he made the Cowterpie joke), come up with a good parody for a pokemon name.

"He's so mad that he could Exploud!" or "Stop speaking so Loudred, you're hurting my ears". Yey for corniness.

Game question: Which Pokemon in the 4th gen is likely to have the biggest impact on the metagame, and why?"

Garchomp, probably. Simply put - Garchomp has no real 100% counters, it has good defenses, it's fast, and Sand Veil is a maddening ability given how common Tyranitar is likely to be.

Honorable mentions go to Azelf and Infernape, who both possess excellent offensive capabilities. However, both of them lack defensively, making Garchomp superior.

1: Game: In short, Azelf owns this metagame.
2: Animé: All that I can think of "Cricket"tune (as in the game). =p
Ash: "Hey guys, let's go and play Kricket to the tune!"

I had a lot of fun reading your answers to last week's question of the week, and I hope you guys enjoy it when the cast is released. This week I have some questions for you, and once again I am asking a game and an anime question.

Game Question: What is your opinion on EV training and the people who use it to gain an advantage in the game.

Anime Question: What are your thoughts about the few times that Team Rocket has done good things. Do you like it, hate it, absolutely love it, with they'd do it more, or wish that what they did in Movie 2 never happened?

Ok guys, have fun answering these ones, don't make your answers too long, and just give me something fun to read on the bulbacast. Thanks and best of luck! :D

I have no clue on the game...

Anime Question: What are your thoughts about the few times that Team Rocket has done good things. Do you like it, hate it, absolutely love it, with they'd do it more, or wish that what they did in Movie 2 never happened?

Like it, in fact...I'd love another Island of The Giant Pokemon in which Team Rocket's Pokemon work toghether with the twerps. Y'know, it'd be awesome to see Carnivine and Turtwig tag-team to take down J's Drapion or something by biting it and not letting go, and then having Seviper and Pikachu use Poison/Iron Tail on it for a finishing blow.

Er...and I'd love for Jessie to have a "good" episode like James and Meowth has had recently.

dunno bout the game question
but with the anime question i absolutely love it when team rocket to do something good or helpful whether it be towards the twerps or anyone else
when they do it really and in my opinion an extra dimension to their characters and also shows that they have another side to their character.

Game: I'm fine with it. In some ways, it's almost necessary thanks to the Battle Tower having Pokemon with half-way decent stats, and EVs being the only way to keep up with them.

Anime: I like it because it shows that they aren't truly evil. It also sort of shows that a criminal team can't be evil ALL the time, and that there has to be a limit somewhere.

Game Qustion:
EV training =/= some *evil* practice under which *EVIL*, uncaring trainers impose their Pokémon. NO! This is wrong!
EV training is a part of the game, it's not like "If I EV train, I'm not good to my Pokémon!" NO! You can care as much, or even more for that matter, for EV trained Pokémon as much as those that aren't.

Anime Question:
Team rocket are not some evil team, they're more of a mixed personality, so I don't really have a problem, and infact I enjoy their movie appearances.

Game Question:
I applaud anyone who can actually be bothered to sit and EV train their Pokemon. I still have several Pokerus-infected Pokemon that I've been meaning to EV train, but after about ten battles I lose interest and go do something else, like sleeping.

I won't answer the Anime question, as it would take far too long for me to get to the point.

Game Question: What is your opinion on EV training and the people who use it to gain an advantage in the game.

I don't really care. I never use it anyway because I'm not that overcompetitive. I go as I am, level up as I go. But if these guys want to make the perfect Pokemon on their arsenal, LET THEM.

It goes to show that they're not as bad as Ash and co. make them out to believe. Sure some of their methods may, to them anyway, be a bit cruel, but they have a soft spot for everything else. Take James and Mime Jr. for example. I think most of the times when they actually do good turn out to not be such a bad thing after all.

EDIT: Just want to add this in before the Cast is recorded. If it wasn't for Meowth's compassion for Pidgey in that one Whirl Islands ep...That would have been a really horrible filler.

Last edited:
I like when Team Rocket is nice. When they work with the good guys, they actually win alongside them. I think the reason why Team Rocket lose time and time again is because they are evil and suck at it but it's not like Team Rocket are "pure" evil. They do appear to have a soft spot for things like their pokemon and some people.

I think they would be much better off being good and fighting for Ash's team because it opens up the door for them to become stronger trainers as well.

I've always seen EV training as a double edged sword. Whereas it does make training your Pokemon more "strategic", it becomes somewhat of a hassle when you have to structure a game mechanic that should be free roaming. As for trainers who practice it, I see them as respectable folks who take the time to set up the EV conditions yet battle obsessive.

Team Rocket as good guys was pretty nice. I enjoyed how they sacrificed themselves in movie 2 and yet managed to poke fun at their own "deaths". For me, I'd like to see them show more of their good side and reveal how they can play "the hero" just as well as Ash.

Game question: I have no problem with it.I don't do it because it takes too much work.

Anime quesion: I like them when they're good because they're actually successful most of the time.

1) Ok i'l be honest I forgot what EV train means...but if its using a cheat cart to leval up that is wrong no excuses, its called being lazy

2) no team rocket are the bad guys! they should stay bad!!!!! whats the point of bad guys doing good...

Game Question: If you feel like going through the hassle go ahead, if you dont feel like it than dont. I personally dont EV train I just train.

Anime Question: Well Jessie and James never really seemed like real bad guys to me anyway after a certain point so if they do something good from time to time its cool with me. besides when they try to do bad things they have a tendency to fail miserably.

1:i dont care about the ev's and all that so i'll go on and answer the next one.
2:no, they should be kept evil, but become more of a threat, otherwise, take em out of the show. it's either be serious or dont be at all! not to mention i'd like to see what'd really happen if TR finally gave pikachu(or anything for that matter) to the boss.

Game Question: I'm all for EV training. I think it adds another fun layer to the game that some players can take advantage of or not. I love to do it and it really takes some skill, a good addition ^_^

Anime Question: I LOVE IT! I'm a true Team Rocket aficianado and really enjoy those brief moments when their true character shines through. Team Rocket as a vigilante force would be TERRIFIC! They could still do a lot of sneaky, illegal things but be totally helpful and hilarious at the same time! Everyone wins =D

I better answer the questions...

Anime Question: I do like it when Team Rocket decide to play by the rules...a good example is James and mime jr. in the Pokemon cosplay competition...IT WAS SO CUTE!

Game Question: I usually ignore them...unfortunately.

Game Question: I know a lot of the hardcore players out there like doing the whole EV/IV/TV/SUV thing to pump up their Pokemon to godly proportions, and that's their own right.

But to be brutally honest, I wouldn't touch it with a 2-mile flagpole. Not only is it WAY too complicated for me, but personally, I don't see much sense in catching a Pokemon, then doing a bunch of addition and subtraction just to see if it's a Pokemon I can use. As long as a Pokemon has a good Nature, a good trait, and a good movepool, it's good enough for me.

In fact, in my opinion, this whole stat-calculating stuff isn't even necessary. And hopefully, through wi-fi battles, I can prove that there's more to winning than stat calculation.

Anime Question: I would DEFINITELY like to see Team Rocket play the good guys more often. They've been stuck in a massive rut since AG, and they need a change. I don't know if the occasional good-guy routine would help, but it sure as hell can't hurt. I'm not saying they have to turn good overnight, but a few good deeds every now and then would be a step in the right direction.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom