• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbacast Season 2 Question of the Week

Heh, well there was nothing saying to choose only one question this time, so I'm answering all three! (If you gotta pick just one though.... I say go with the last one :p)

1. Which version of DP are you getting, or have already gotten? Diamond, Pearl, or both? Why?

I got Diamond because I really wanted a Cranidos->Rampardos rather than a Sheildon->Bastiodon. I'm more of a 'charge into action' type of gal rather than the type that puts up a front, I suppose. Also my boyfriend and brother both wanted Pearl version for Palkia, so I figured...

2. There have been a couple of issues that some people have had with Hikari's new name... so your opinion: Dawn, the opposite of dusk, or dishsoap? What's your take?

Hikari is such a pretty sounding name. Dawn? I'm sorry, but "Dawn" reminds me of "Don," therefore, I cant help but picture some guy balding with a mustache or something equally manly. It's not that I hate it... it just weirds me out!

3. If you have 10 Pikachu, and Team Rocket steals 6, how many do you have left?

If I have 10 Pikachu, and Team Rocket steals 6 of them, then I must have been snoozing or doing something that would be distracting enough for Team Rocket to be so successful. I'd like to illustrate this scenario with a mathematic equation.

1 Hitokage + 10 Pikachu = a tiresome attempt to keep them all under control.
1 Hitokage X that tiresome attempt = a needed rest
1 Hitokage + a needed rest = a DIVIDED attention
1 Hitokage divided by attention = a perfect Pikachu stealing opportunity
1 Hitokage - 6 Pikachu = a flaming rage
the square root of a flaming rage is 1 combined thunderbolt attack from the remaining 4 Pikachu.
10,000 volts X 4 Pikachu = 40,000 volts, which equals a very crispy Team rocket
Crispy Team Rocket - 6 Pikachu = triumph
1 Hitokage + triumph = a large victory dinner

So the answer to that question is most definitely a Chinese Buffet.

Last edited:
1. - I will EVENTULLY get both as I have all the 'versions' of the games so far. But I will start with Pearl as all my friends are getting diamond (because I guess they think Pearl is too girly and well, I'm a girl lol)

2 - I like Dawn! It's a nice name and it reminds me of the fact that D/P has the morning,afternoon,evening modes return!

3 - they can take the other 4 pikachus as i really dispise pikachu

got some good answers for ya'll today!
QotW #1:Diamnd and Pearl(both). Why you ask? Simply because i hate version exclusives and the idea of having to trade with friends when you could just trade between your own games gfor a crud pokemon like starly.

QotW #2:Dawn is my least favorite name for a girl or just anything in general.Not because of dishsoap, or the opposite of night, but because it is simply bland. What i wouldve liked to see was maybe Melanie, or Miranda, or even Rebecca.

QotW #3:Okay "smartass" here's your answer. Team rocket not be able to steal ANYTHING of mine, and 2nd of all, i woulnt even have a pikachu in the first place as various people have said before, (my name would be my pokemon). and there you go. cant wait till next week, good luck, and best wishes, but before i go, how about you answer a question for me? whats with the guy who reads these answers freaky giggle thing?

1. Pearl, because my sister put dibs on Diamond first. And besides, I like Palkia better.

2. It's pretty, and that is my only opinion on the subject.

3. Zero. I would have slept through six of them being stolen, and the other four would have been so angry that I didn't come to the rescue, they would have run away and joined the circus.

1] Pearl, 'coz Palkia > Dailga, any day.

2] Worst. Name. Ever. Period.
First they mess up Haruka and now Hikari. There's nothing wrong with the name itself, the fact is it just doesn't SUIT her. >_>

3] All (and by the way, I'd have my 427 Pikachu, not just 10).
My Pikachu like hax-based abilities, especially static. >:)

Jessie: "Ouch, this twerp is extremely lucky!"
James: "I feel like I haven't walked for ages!"
Meowth: "Let's just go and try catching the twerp's Pikachu instead"
427 Pikachu: "Gazzejue!" *Thunderbolts

"Team Rocket's blasting off again!" *ting*

Last edited:
1. Both, of course. If one can afford to have both, it is a must.
2. Dawn is a very pretty name for a very pretty character. And it's sort of a translation. So I'm okay with it.
3. None. I'd already have been skinning and cooking the Pikachu, so I'd offer some 'Chu Stew to the Rockets. >:D

1. I already bought Diamond, 'cause it just felt right.

2. I personally think Dawn's a pretty name. 'Course, I figured everyone would be too busy staring at her skirt and hoping for a panty shot that's never gonna happen to care about her dub name. But, I've been wrong before.

3. 10. Because they'd have no choice but to give them all back after being fired by Nintendo and The Pokemon Company for dragging down the ratings of the show by becoming the worst running gag in the history of all anime.

1:Diamond.Dialga just looks better.

2:Opposite of dusk.I have issues with the name "Paul" though.Why is there so much "Dawn" controversy,and yet no "Paul" arguments?

3:They would make a mistake,and lose all the pokemon they'd already stolen,and my pikachu,so 42.

Question one: Eevee - what will you evovle your eevee into?

first i would breed to get loads of them then have one of each! But although my names inspired by the EON's... Eevee itself is my favorate. I even called my cat eevee. Also i am NOT HAPPY about the process of evolution for leafeon and glaceon. it should be elemental stones.

two: Which series is favorite?

Johto!!!! The most AMAZING theame tune, and it was great! The last series with the classic crew. love it.

1:Umbreon.It just looks and seems awesome.Plus I live the idea of a moon pokemon.

2:Diamond/Pearl.I haven't seen much of it(I only watch the dub),but it seams awesome.

Question of the week answer for Bulbacast #16 Season 2

1. Well, I bought Diamond, right when it came out on April 22nd. Why? because I thought that Dialga was alot cooler looking, Somewhat mysterious. Palkia reminded me of a big dinosaur with no true allure. Not to be overly judgmental on appearance, it's just the first thing that came to mind, plus maybe Dialga might have a better speed advantage since it moves on four feet instead of two.

2. Dawn sounded boring at first for me in terms of being for a pokémon character, but I quickly got over that thought and dicided that "Dawn" itself is actually quite pretty if you compare it to the sun rising, which happens to be the name's TRUE orgin, and not some dish soap brand.

3. Technically, 4 would be left out of the 10 Pikachus.

Question of the Week answer for Bulbacast #17 Season 2

1. I kept my Eevee as-is in FireRed though in previous installments I liked to experiment and save right after I obtained the pokémon + required stones, evolve it, see if I liked the look of the evolution or new stats and If I did'nt I could just start over and try again. In Blue I had Vaporeon, Yellow Jolteon, Silver Espeon(Umbreon by breeding), Crystal another Espeon, and for Diamond I think Leafeon.

2. My favorite Region would have to be, Kanto!
Kanto is "where it all began" for the anime, for the games,for the world of Pokémon fans! That area left a mark on everyone.

1) It's a tie between Umbreon and Leafeon. Umbreon because I liked it since Johto and Leafeon because it's probably my favorite overall out of the eeveelutions.

2) My favorite saga's are D/P and AG Both for having good fillers and interesting battles.

1:leafeon definetaly. its cute, its powerful, but it's in-game cry is a bit strange, like a night of krickets. and how the heck does it learn x-scissor? i don't see any claws? do you see any claws?

2:AG probably. (although 4kids started really dumbing it then, i sadly can't remember much before AG, cept' for those unforgettables like island of the giant pokemon.) Then again(surprisingly enough no one who posted before this said this...) any true fan would like all of them, and thats me!

1:Dowsing Machine.It's fun to make the dingy things.

2:I'd call it(dun dun dun)popcorn!I remember hearing it called popcorn balls,and it does kind of look like popcorn.

1) I don't have D/P so...Pooof this answer doesn't exist.

2) Well If I had to do it...I would do it the most annoying yet not lieing way posible...and just say "FOOD" "hey pass over the food, Brock." "your cooking is good, Brock." etc.

1) Eh, lesse...
I surely don't have DP anyways, but since I played it...
The Party checker! ^^
Well, sure, it can easily be done through the X Menu, *but* I'm too lazy too! ;p
/me runs
Well, also the Keckleon App.! How could I forget that? ^^;

2) Well, uh, white / vanilla muffins?
Thank God they didn't call them that... XD

Last edited:
1. Dont have dp...

2. Well to me they look like Bon-Bons so thats what I would call them. I know it wouldnt really go, but those things are hella good.

1. Definitely, the Kecleon application (# 22) because the blue color looks AMAZING on a DS Lite ^_^

But the breeding app wins on pure usefulness. I'm a Pokemon breeder at heart, so nothing beats that little egg sprite showing up on the bottom screen =)

2. Marshmallow sandwich.

1) I'd say the Daycare app. It's very useful if you want to check what level it's at when you want it to go to a certain level before taking it out, instead of having to wait a long time only to find that your pokemon gained like two levels in an hour worth of turning it on and shutting it off.

2) I wouldn't name the rice ball. In fact, like Shaded Spriter said, I'd avoid naming it rice balls, period, and just label it as food or whatever.

1) i dont have it (i hate being in the UK)but im looking forward to the DRAWING BORD! I will be spending, well waisting, my time scratching away at the screen with my stylus...i have an obessive compulsive disorder thing..it will entertain me for hours...

2)rice balls???? i would call them white balls with random black bits as ive never really understood what they were, and when they called them doughnuts that confused me!

I work in a bakery and we sell macaroons...why cant you say macaroons? :s im confused

(you dont have to awnser that on the show PM me)

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom