• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Battle League: Season 2 [CLOSED]

Re: Bulbagarden Battle League: Season 2 [SIGNUPS]

Can i Join it ?
IGN: Paulo
FC:3067-5669-2263

I have a quick question. Does substituting one pokémon mean I could switch it back and forth? Say I have a Beedrill on my team. I don't feel like using it so I switch Rampardos in and challenge a few gyms. Now I got sick of using him so I substitute it back to Beedrill. Is that possible?

Yes. The rule of "one substitute" is effectively a rule stating that challengers have rosters of 7 Pokemon for the challenge. You have your 6 Pokemon, your first badge locks you into them, then you have a 7th slot which is a wildcard, which you only lock after using at least once. After that, you're free to take any 6 Pokemon out of these 7.

Is there a sign up deadline? I would be very interested in partaking in this although i would need some time to create a team. Do the challenger teams also have to be mono type? When you say anything above the ou tier isnt allowed do you mean ubers? Would the level cap be 50?
You're free to sign up at any time during the season, we're just taking signups early so people can start right when we kick off. This season will be running until September so you can come back any time before then and sign up as a challenger when you're ready.

Challengers do not have to use monotype teams but they will have to use Pokemon that are tiered OU or below, so that means no Ubers. As for the level cap playing battles in Normal Rules automatically sets Pokemon's level to 50 (unless it's below 50) so you don't have to worry about going past level 50. Hope this helps :)
IGN: Frank
friend code: 3153-4454-8518
Welcome back, best of luck! :)
sign me up

trainer name: Jacob
3DS FC: 4828-5511-8281
Welcome aboard, good luck in your battles! :)
Wow! This sounds amazing! I made an account just to participate lol.

Name: Ryoji

FC: 2852-8062-9129
Haha thanks, hope you enjoy it! :)
Can i Join it ?
IGN: Paulo
FC:3067-5669-2263
You most surely can! I've added you to our challenger roster so good luck!
I'm in fc 4897 5941 5232 IamNuttz
Alright I've added you, best of luck!

You're free to sign up at any time during the season, we're just taking signups early so people can start right when we kick off. This season will be running until September so you can come back any time before then and sign up as a challenger when you're ready.

Challengers do not have to use monotype teams but they will have to use Pokemon that are tiered OU or below, so that means no Ubers. As for the level cap playing battles in Normal Rules automatically sets Pokemon's level to 50 (unless it's below 50) so you don't have to worry about going past level 50. Hope this helps :)

I don't know what format you use but 100% of the time my under 50 Pokemon get automatically set to level 50.

I think you may be thinking of Flat rules when you said setting all Pokemon to Lv. 50 as long as they're above that level. Normal rules (which is the ruleset this leauge plays by) sets all Pokemon to Lv. 50 nomater what.

Also, yes, I am looking forward to the battles ahead.

Last edited:

IGN: Rick
FC: 5386-9054-8954
This seems like it could be fun!

Hey just for know >.> how do i chanllenge a gym leader? i think the league is on and i want to start the beat up gym leaders

Thanks for the correction Terra and BAG and sorry for the mistake, I got them confused with the Flat Rules.

IGN: Rick
FC: 5386-9054-8954
This seems like it could be fun!
Glad you could join us! Best of luck! :)
Hey just for know >.> how do i chanllenge a gym leader? i think the league is on and i want to start the beat up gym leaders
We have links to the gym leader's/Elite 4's profile on the OP (click on the spoiler) so you can contact us via VM or PM. You can also drop a post here but if you contact us on our profiles directly it'd be more visible for us :)

SEASON 2 START!

Re: Bulbagarden Battle League: Season 2 [OPEN]

I Defeated the psychic Gym Leader, very good game

Last edited:

@dracowinged has defeated the Psychic gym!

Nice to see you guys raring to go, I just finished my first battle for the season too...best of luck to our challengers!

I Defeated the psychic Gym Leader, very good game and the pokemon Link Battle code that proof my win is here
Thanks for putting up the battle code but you don't need to do it all the time, we have the gym leaders submit a report with a video so we can check things on our end. :)

Last edited:

I am currently unable to battle in-game, so you will have to us Pokemon Showdown! to challenge the Ghost Gym.

Yay, just defeated Ghost and Electric Gym Leaders, wow it just way to much o-o

Don't know if I'm supposed to post it in this thread, but I beat the psychic gym leader earlier today!

I would love to try this!

FC: 0275-7118-7382
In game name: Zack

Nice lots of battling going on. Guess I should get my team built so I can be champion first.

For the record, you do not need to post when you've won a match against a gym leader; we know and will update your badge count regularly.

Last edited:

@Lunacy I like it that sharkshocker gives updates, so that way I can understand recently news on who won and others.

@Lunacy I like it that sharkshocker gives updates, so that way I can understand recently news on who won and others.

My comment was directed towards the challengers, not SS.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom